** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

International Friendlies > 2010

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May I guess 2 v 2 against Italy or 1 v 1 against France you consider bad results? :eek ROI were unlucky not to be going to this world cup and all down to Thierry's hand! Looks like a draw to me as both teams I would say are very evenly matched.

There's not much news on the ROI v Paraguay match... Does anyone know potential line ups. If both Sides are at near full strength I fancy Paraguay to get something from this match.. Looking at Laying ROI. ROI are fairly weak and failed to gain a place at the WC. Whereas Paraguay on the other hand are a Force again in South America and could be strong at this WC. Very Close to qualifying automatically losing out JUST to Argentina, Paraguay should be able to contain this mediocre ROI side, maybe even come away with a Win.. ANy thoughts?

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May

There's not much news on the ROI v Paraguay match... Does anyone know potential line ups. If both Sides are at near full strength I fancy Paraguay to get something from this match.. Looking at Laying ROI. ROI are fairly weak and failed to gain a place at the WC. Whereas Paraguay on the other hand are a Force again in South America and could be strong at this WC. Very Close to qualifying automatically losing out JUST to Argentina, Paraguay should be able to contain this mediocre ROI side, maybe even come away with a Win.. ANy thoughts?
Republic of Ireland were a Thierry Henry handball away from qualifying from the World Cup as well (although they really should let it lie now!). ;) They also drew home and away with Italy, so I wouldn't write them off as mediocre. Ireland are missing Shay Given, Kevin Kilbane, Aiden McGeady, & Richard Dunne according to the BBC. Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, John O'Shea, & Kevin Doyle are all expected to start. Can't find any news on Paraguay's line-up, but this is one I'd be tempted to swerve in all honesty.

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May It's a full Irish side but without Given. Trepid enough affair I reckon which looks likely to go under 2.5 but the market is too short for my liking. Might be tempted to take the draw though at 9/4

Ukraine is most likely to win today. Odds are short @1.40 but could be good in acca. Ukraine's probable line-up: keeper: Goryanov defenders: Kobin,Mihalik,Chygrynskiy,Polevoj miedf.:Aliev,Gusev,Konoplyanka,Rotan strikers: Sheva,Milevskiy From what i have heard Lithuania will play with experemental squad,they will play few young lads from reserves as well. Players that will not play today: Ukraine:Voronin,Shovkovsky,Kucher,Hacharedi,Valyaev Lithuania: Dedura,Jalukas,Pilibaytis,Mykolyunas,both Chesnauskis,Shemberas,Velichka. This match will be the first match for new national team coach Markevych (also Metalist coach). Match will take place in Ukraine,Kharkiv-Metalist stadium. I expect ukraine to win today and i think Markevich will to everything tonight to win his fisrt match. I'm taking Ukraine -1AH @1.6 GL :ok
4-0 FT :ok Nice and easy :dude Sheva and Aliev with 2 goals each.

Republic of Ireland were a Thierry Henry handball away from qualifying from the World Cup as well (although they really should let it lie now!). ;) They also drew home and away with Italy, so I wouldn't write them off as mediocre. Ireland are missing Shay Given, Kevin Kilbane, Aiden McGeady, & Richard Dunne according to the BBC. Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, John O'Shea, & Kevin Doyle are all expected to start. Can't find any news on Paraguay's line-up, but this is one I'd be tempted to swerve in all honesty.
Cheers for the info. Thanks.. :cheers I'll find out at kick off if the Paraguay Big guns are playing, if so then a LAY of ROI is on....

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May Gonna have a bit on Nigeria in play now they've gone above evens. One game I quite like the look of is the Greece - North Korea one. I think the 5/1 on offer for the Commies looks decent value. Senegal comprehensively beat them at home last time out and having watched that game I was very disappointed with how Greece played. They were very poor in my book and they also had possibly the easiest group in qualification. North Korea are a bit of an enigma but have notched up a few impressive enough results against teams you'd expect to be much better than them. North Korea at 5/1 Under 2.5 double with the Irish game @ just under 2/1

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May I like Ireland @ 8/5 but unsure whether to take the bet, due to Shay Given not being in goal. Ireland have become much more solid team under Trapattoni, he has also stated he will be putting out an experienced team tonight. Paraguay also dont travel well. But at times are a stubborn hard working team capable of grinding out results, so 1-1 an 0-0 cover bets are advised.

Can't see anything but Cameroon win...but...saying that many people said the same about Portugal yesterday:lol
Famous last words :lol Cameron is a big LAY in WC for me

Famous last words :lol Cameron is a big LAY in WC for me
I don't think a draw in Georgia is horrendous. I think Cameron have a good chance of second in their group. Possibly depends on just how much of a difference an African-based World Cup will have on the African sides.

Nothing special about Georgia if you ask me.The only one noticibla player is Kaladze who is 32.Mathc will take place at neutral venue.And since when Gergia became a football country?Can't see anything but Cameroon win...but...saying that many people said the same about Portugal yesterday:lol
Wish i'd backed the draw after all... but one of us had to be right..

I like Ireland @ 8/5 but unsure whether to take the bet, due to Shay Given not being in goal. Ireland have become much more solid team under Trapattoni, he has also stated he will be putting out an experienced team tonight. Paraguay also dont travel well. But at times are a stubborn hard working team capable of grinding out results, so 1-1 an 0-0 cover bets are advised.
gonna go ahead with Ireland bet and cover 0-0 an 1-1 :ok

I don't think a draw in Georgia is horrendous. I think Cameron have a good chance of second in their group. Possibly depends on just how much of a difference an African-based World Cup will have on the African sides.
Don't know if this going to change anything.I still think Europian and posibly South American football will prevail.Was watching African Nations Cup and it was nightmare.Only my opinion.

Yeh I think i was the only mug that Layed Portugal last night aswell. lol:ok
Hey Muscleman, if memory serves me well you are somewhere from USA,ain't you?Any local info for tonight's game?

Hey Muscleman' date=' if memory serves me well you are somewhere from USA,ain't you?Any local info for tonight's game?[/quote'] That's correct my friend. I'm looking at backing us tonight big time.. Its a few hours away though so I haven't done much research yet. I'll keep you posted ok.. Looking to mop up on these early fixtures first though..

That's correct my friend. I'm looking at backing us tonight big time.. Its a few hours away though so I haven't done much research yet. I'll keep you posted ok.. Looking to mop up on these early fixtures first though..
Only took Ukraine and USA today,i'm not touching games involving African teams.But odds on USA are good.Posible line up would be great.

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May This from the Washington Post this AM: U.S. roster clues? Kickoff for the USA-Czech Republic friendly in East Hartford, Conn., is not until 8 p.m., which means we will not receive the official game-day roster until probably 7 p.m. at the earliest. Bob Bradley will choose as many as 23 players. With six substitutes permitted, a maximum of 17 players will see action against the Czech Republic. The very early -- and very unconfirmed, unofficial -- buzz is that several regulars will remain in street clothes. The names I hear are Jozy Altidore, Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Michael Bradley and Carlos Bocanegra. Other veterans will be in reserve. If, in fact, those five are out and some World Cup probable starters begin on the bench, who would you like to see in the starting lineup? By Steve Goff | May 25, 2010; 10:46 AM ET

This from the Washington Post this AM: U.S. roster clues? Kickoff for the USA-Czech Republic friendly in East Hartford, Conn., is not until 8 p.m., which means we will not receive the official game-day roster until probably 7 p.m. at the earliest. Bob Bradley will choose as many as 23 players. With six substitutes permitted, a maximum of 17 players will see action against the Czech Republic. The very early -- and very unconfirmed, unofficial -- buzz is that several regulars will remain in street clothes. The names I hear are Jozy Altidore, Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Michael Bradley and Carlos Bocanegra. Other veterans will be in reserve. If, in fact, those five are out and some World Cup probable starters begin on the bench, who would you like to see in the starting lineup? By Steve Goff | May 25, 2010; 10:46 AM ET
It looks as if we may rest some 1st team players, and will be giving fringe players a chance to shine for their place in the WC squad. Maybe we will line up our best side against Turkey so it seems.. I'll see if I can find some info on squad selection

:lol i admire your persistance. I never understand why people lay. Why not just back paraguay Draw no bet?
'Cause when you ''lay'' you usually, in my experience, get odds that are inbetween a Double Chance and Draw No Bet.