** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

International Friendlies > 2010

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May I was also thinking to take home win, specially because Ireland deserve to go to the world cup and they played well against Paraguay. They also play today in Dublin. But they played three days ago, could be little tired but Algeria didnt play from March, so this could be also tricky..aglerian important creative midfileder Mourad Meghni is also missing so i am thinking for a home win. Algeria also didnt score on the last three matches, maybe Algeria not to score for 2.00 is worth it.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May CHILE -1AH @ 1.65 vs NI.Jase mentioned this earlier and I got on this price yesterday.Price is slipping a bit now.The match will be played in Chillan,a city south of Santiago with a population of approx 170,000.It will be played in Nublense's stadium(capacity 12,000).Chillan city is only 144m AMSL so altitude won't be a factor,neither will the weather,match will be played at 4.15 local time and the temp will be approx 17c. Apart from the weather and that this time there should be a stadium full of Chilean fans,my reasons are the same as I posted for the Turkey match.Away matches don't come much more away than this for the North and it will be a new experience for them.Again I think the lack of international experience for some of them will come into play.....the only thing I'm not sure about is Chile splitting their squad but I'm willing to risk small to medium stakes that the home side will win by at least a goal.......NI have failed to score in their last 5 games and without Healy,Feeney and Lafferty they'll struggle again here....they've only conceded 6 in that time,so their defence isn't terrible but Turkey hit the post and had two cleared off the line on Weds....

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May

CHILE -1AH @ 1.65 vs NI.Jase mentioned this earlier and I got on this price yesterday.Price is slipping a bit now.The match will be played in Chillan,a city south of Santiago with a population of approx 170,000.It will be played in Nublense's stadium(capacity 12,000).Chillan city is only 144m AMSL so altitude won't be a factor,neither will the weather,match will be played at 4.15 local time and the temp will be approx 17c. Apart from the weather and that this time there should be a stadium full of Chilean fans,my reasons are the same as I posted for the Turkey match.Away matches don't come much more away than this for the North and it will be a new experience for them.Again I think the lack of international experience for some of them will come into play.....the only thing I'm not sure about is Chile splitting their squad but I'm willing to risk small to medium stakes that the home side will win by at least a goal.......NI have failed to score in their last 5 games and without Healy,Feeney and Lafferty they'll struggle again here....they've only conceded 6 in that time,so their defence isn't terrible but Turkey hit the post and had two cleared off the line on Weds....
I agree man, but i dont know which team will play on this game. Because as far i got info from live score people, Chile are playing two games with two teams! 21:15 Chile - N.Ireland 23:15 Chile - Israel So Chile have arranged World Cup friendly matches against Northern Ireland and Israel with two different teams which will be played on the same day in two different cities. Cheers!

Thinking of taking Turkey (3.25) to beat the US this weekend. The USA have one win in the last 6 games (all friendlies) while Turkey have won 6 of last 8, beating czech republic 2-1 while the USA lost to them last time out, 4-2. Turkey have won their two previous games whilst in the USA and I fancy them to continue this trend. Any news on whether the likes of Dempsey, Howard etc will play? Would be a different ball game if the Americans have a full strenght team out....
The US only have Australia after this, in regards to warm-up games, so yes, I would expect a strong side. Also is the last game of the summer for the Turks, so with them resting people against N.Ireland on Wednesday, I'd imagine they'd have a good team out too. Personally think this has goals written all over it, and over 2.5 is available at around 1.90.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Sweden vs. Bosnia I don't really fancy this Sweden side much to be honest. Along the same sort of lines as the Danish side - but perhaps even less impressive. I obviously don't know Swedish but I have managed to find the squad list for this match. As far as I can tell most of the players are there. There may have been some withdrawals as Mellberg, Elm and Elmander have symbols next to their names. So that may be worth a closer look. Generally speaking all of the players who played against Wales are in the squad. I am not going to pretend to know in depth how this Sweden side line-up and play etc. I do know that without Zlatan they are light up front. They have the young Berg who is somewhat exciting but not top quality. They have a pretty solid midfield with Kallstrom, Wilhelmson, Elm, Larsson but again nothing out of the ordinary. Defensively you'd expect them to be pretty decent. They have only conceded 2 in their last 4 friendlies. Having played against Wales, Syria and Oman among those 4 games it looks a little more routine. They played a solid game against Italy losing 1-0. As I said I view them pretty similar to Denmark. Decent and Solid throughout but lacking in top quality players. I havn't been able to find any inclings as to how or who they will play but the style shouldn't change. Bosnia are a pretty tricky side. Unlucky to miss out on WC qualification and have some pretty gifted players. Far from possessing any in depth knowledge on many individuals I have watched them a few times and they have a nice style on the ball. Pretty talented as many of these eastern sides are such as Serbia, Belarus and Croatia. The squad includes the main players such as Dzeko, Misimovic, Muslimovic and Pjanic - all talented players. Beyond that I don't know individuals but they are very much of a mould. They are due to play Germany after this match and it has been noted that the coach may be saving the strongest 11 for that match and being a little more experimental in this match. They will likely still line-up in the 4-5-1 but just depends how strong they go. Primarily this will affect Dzeko most as he is their main players. Pjanic and the others are more likely to play I would imagine. I am more doubting Sweden as opposed to backing Bosnia. I just don't really rate them as an attacking force. I most certainly don't want to place too much faith in what could be an experimental Bosnia but there will be some strength there in the 4-5-1 and as mentioned they are pretty handy on the ball. Not much to play for in this match so I am expecting quite a drab affair. Lay Sweden (1.87) - Medium - Betfair. Under 2.5 - 1.94 - Medium - Betfair.

Not sure I'd want to get involved in Ukraine or Serbia tbh. Ukraine beating Lithuania 4-0 is one thing. But, this is Romania. Much better opposition. I'll await team news from both camps also. Serbia should win quite comfortably against a New Zealand side I rank in the bottom three at the WC. BUT, I think I'll use it more as a marker to either re-inforce the widly held belief about this Serbia team.....or maybe that there might be a little more to NZ than we expect. 1.4 is too short for me to take in a friendly situation. I'd only take that price if NZ were depleted. Regarding England, I also think their price is too short for a friendly also. On paper we should win comfortably, but we were poor against Mexico, and the 3-1 scoreline flattered us. The team will be much changed, so might be one to watch to see how Japan respond to playing a top side in world football.
Any Ukraine bet would be heavily influenced by Mahno's ''inside info'' on the game. He had good info about their last match, and you can't argue when a team wins 4-0. Not saying I'd take the bet, but maybe it may help someone else. Not sure what to think about Romania either. Since they failed to qualify for the World Cup I believe they've lost at home to Israel, and won in Poland, so who knows. Agree that Serbia could be unpredictable, as many Eastern European sides are around tournament time. It's just that I regard New Zealand as about the same standard as a mid-table League One team, perhaps, and anything barring a completely inept performance from the Serbs should see them win. With England I kind of get the impression Japan are in a bit of a decline and may be there for the taking, but I'd have to look at the stats before committing.

Watched Belarus twice vs Croatia in last quals and against Ukraine, they are a decent side and will get only better in next few years. Their main problem so far was IMO lack of tactical responsibility. They look like Werder sometimes, total football... After all you can't call a team which has Hleb "slightly better than Andorra". ;)
I didn't say they were slightly better than Andorra.....

The US only have Australia after this' date=' in regards to warm-up games, so yes, I would expect a strong side. Also is the last game of the summer for the Turks, so with them resting people against N.Ireland on Wednesday, I'd imagine they'd have a good team out too. Personally think this has goals written all over it, and [b']over 2.5 is available at around 1.90.
Totally agree for goals out this game.. Turkey , as you know , have a group of players who are exceptionally good with the ball , skillfull etc. Most of players were already a member of National Team of Turkey that participated in Euro 2008 and there are some new faces : Bursaspor's quartet Sercan , Volkan , Turgay and Ozan Ipek.. Caglar Birinci as left back is another fresh face andGK Onur Kivrak is another.. The team's under Guus Hiddink and the sharpest difference seems to be the same formation even if the the players change.. Guus Hiddink is trying to inject his system and strategy in players' veins but in Turkey it's a bit too hard.. Under Fatih Terim's managemet , Turkish team got used to play in a chaotic style rather than an organised style. The first 2 games with Hiddink have shown us that the new formation of Turkey is 4-2-2-2.. Players changed but formation did not thus far in USA tour.. And it's an advantage for Turkish side whose main problem has never been attacking all the way , but defending as a team. According to Turkish sources (TV,papers etc.) , this is Hiddink's probable line-up for tomorrow's game versus USA : Volkan - Sabri , Servet , Emre Gungor , Caglar - E.Belozoglu , Mehmet Topal - Hamit Altintop , Arda Turan - Nihat Kahveci , Sercan.. Means , an attacking formation.. Caner Erkin played in left back the previous game against N.Ireland and he , once again , showed that he's no way a left back.. He's an attacking winger but all year Frank Rijkaard tried to create an attacking full back from Caner and i don't think Hiddink will insist on him. Volkan Demirel will take his place back from Onur Kivrak between posts. This will be the first match that Mehmet Topal is in line-up and with Emre Belozoglu he can pay his best.. Cause Mehmet Topal's main problem has always been lack of creativity and lack of a good passing for his side , but on the other side he's very very good at the defensive end of the game. Hamit Altintop and Arda Turan seems attacking wingers to trail attacking duo Sercan and Nihat.. Both Nihat and Sercan are quick guys (Sercan has a very familiar speed to Ivica Olic) but none of these two players are real strikers. So that Turkey may try to built up offensive sets , settle down on the other half and try direct balls between two central defenders for Sercan and Nihat.. But at the defensive end of the game , Turkey is just a joke.. Servet Cetin and Emre Gungor is likely to start : these two players had been the defensive duo of Galatasaray before Lucas Neill made a move to Galatasaray and their partnership had not worked but failed. None of these two central defenders are good with the ball and every single second they have the ball may cause another danger for Turkey. (put an eye on Czech Republic's first goal cause of Emre Gungor's mistake.). Sabri - Servet - Emre Gungor - Caglar defensive line is too far off convincing me as a Galatasaray fan.. Defensive trio of the lowest performing team of Turkish Super League despite having the best offensive group (Kewell , Keita , Baros , Gio Dos Santos , Elano Blumer , Shabani Nonda , Arda Turan) and Caglar Birinci from Denizlispor (who just relegated) may not be able to keep standing tall against a USA side who will supposedly be eager to win their first game after quite a while in front of their own fans with a better roster than their previous game. I see goals.. Over 2,5 looks banker.. But also over 3,5 could be tried.

Wow that Ireland price has taken an absolute hammering. Assume this is based on team news. Ireland were good in the first half against Paraguay but pretty ordinary in the second.
Yeah tell me about it, the price is getting worse im not taking them at those odds. Ireland done me a favour against Paraguay but i will be looking at other markets for this game. Here is a few interesting bets that i will be putting on. Rep Of Ireland to win to nil @ 6/5 K.Doyle to score 1st @ 5/1 Ireland - 2 Corners @ 7/4 all with Hills

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May ireland are a decent side but make no mistake about it the algerians are a bright and quick bunch expect them to really try a few players out and a few different tactics athough they wont want any injuries all the players will be looking to impress whereas ireland come into this game with nothing to lose or win, i mean at the end of the day a 5-0 win for ireland doesnt really mean naything, i expect algeria to nick it 1-0

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Havent seen the teams but Algeria reported to have a few better players out. Bougherra and Meghni definitely out, but reports early suggested others could be out too. Dont know how reliable the sources are.

Iceland are 1.74 to keep a clean sheet v Andorra with gamebookers. (Only place I could find it) Looks great odds. Iceland have only conceded 2 in their last 6 games. Kept a clean sheet against Mexico. Andorra are shocking only scored 3 in 10 world cup qualifying games and very rarely score away.
Interesting bet and probably worth a punt. Bear in mind though that Iceland are one of those weird teams, that one day can be drawing with a Spain or the like, the next be getting beat at home by the Faroe Island's (which actually happened last year :lol )

Yeah tell me about it, the price is getting worse im not taking them at those odds. Ireland done me a favour against Paraguay but i will be looking at other markets for this game. Here is a few interesting bets that i will be putting on. Rep Of Ireland to win to nil @ 6/5 :D K.Doyle to score 1st @ 5/1:\ Ireland - 2 Corners @ 7/4 :eyes all with Hills
My main bet ensure's slight profit :ok

Iceland are 1.74 to keep a clean sheet v Andorra with gamebookers. (Only place I could find it) Looks great odds. Iceland have only conceded 2 in their last 6 games. Kept a clean sheet against Mexico. Andorra are shocking only scored 3 in 10 world cup qualifying games and very rarely score away.
Good post. You can also go for Iceland to win to nil at 1.8. Andorra as you rightly say are shocking so this represents excellent value imo.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May 2.47 for the under 2.5 goals in the Serbia / New Zealand match It's being played in the mountains as part of the altitude training, both teams will tire early. All whites looked quite tight at the back against Australia last week, going down to a 2-1 defeat in the 94th minute. Serbs should have too much, but if they go 1 or 2 up earlt I can't see them having the legs to play for late goals

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May SERBIA Goalkeepers: Vladimir Stojkovic (Sporting Lisbon), Zeljko Brkic (Vojvodina), Bojan Isailovic (Zaglebie), Andjelko Djuricic (Leiria) Defenders: Branislav Ivanovic (Chelsea), Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United), Neven Subotic (Borussia Dortmund), Aleksandar Lukovic (Udinese), Antonio Rukavina (TSV 1860 Munchen), Ivan Obradovic (Zaragoza), Aleksandar Kolarov (Lazio) Midfielders: Dejan Stankovic (Inter Milan), Gojko Kacar (Hertha BSC), Zdravko Kuzmanovic (VfB Stuttgart), Nenad Milijas (Wolverhampton), Radosav Petrovic (Partizan), Milos Ninkovic (Dynamo Kiev), Zoran Tosic (Manchester United), Milos Krasic (CSKA Moscow), Milan Jovanovic (Liverpool) Forwards: Marko Pantelic (Ajax), Nikola Zigic (Birmingham City), Danko Lazovic (Zenit St.Petersburg), Dragan Mrdja (Vojvodina) Probable lineup(vs.New Zeland): Serbia: Djuricic - Rukavina, Subotic, Lukovic, Kolarov - Ninkovic, Milijas, Petrovic, Tosic - Zigic, Pantelic

so, how close to a 1st choice team is this from the Serbs ? how seriously will they take the game ?
Well, this is pretty much a B side.Coach Antic will probably give new goalkeeper Djuricic a chance to make his debut before he decides what 3 goalies he'll include in the WC squad, so first-choice goalkeeper Stojkovic will (most likely) start on the bench. Ivanovic(personal reasons) will definitely miss the match, skipper Stankovic has arrived in Austria a couple of days ago, so he's unlikely to be risked, both wingers(Krasic and Jovanovic) are struggling with some minor injuries, so they could also start on the bench(though according to some sources, they should be available for selection), Lazovic has been on the sidelines for some time now and his fitness is also under a question mark. Anyway, it's all up to coach Antic.It will be no surprise if he decides to field the strongest possible side after all. As for motivation, there should be no question marks over it.Serbia have generally never been taking the friendlies very seriously, but the situation is much different since Antic took over. Serbia are 6-0-0 in the last 6 friendly matches, with quite a strong goal diff(13:1), and only one match(2:0 vs.Sweden) has been played in Serbia.It speaks for itself when the motivation is concerned.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May i was fancying a serbia, Ukraine double. also eyeing up Norway any teams news? (norway game is in norway aswell) will serbia want to win this game that is the question ;) they always look strong when i have seen them before even u21 team

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Ukraine, Norway, Sweden, Poland, United States - games will be played in there coutry in friendlys need some advice on above games..plzzzz did't get much info from "goal" and "yahoo football"

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Hi, I am willing to stake a whole bunch of money on a Serbia win tonight...! Serbia's thrid choice line-up would still have too much for New Zealand. I don't mean to undermine NZ but tobe honest, the two squads cannot even be compared! Definately gonna be backing a Serbia win tonight, and with places in the starting line-up at the world cup at stake, I am positive that the players will give it there all. I expect quite a few goals and a convincing Serbia win. Good luck to you all...

Ukraine, Norway, Sweden, Poland, United States - games will be played in there coutry in friendlys need some advice on above games..plzzzz did't get much info from "goal" and "yahoo football"
I wouldnt touch Sweden, got new manager and testing some new players and new playsystem. The price for Sweden (1.75) is ridicilous low imo. Sweden will play 4-2-3-1: Andreas Iskasson, PSV Eindhoven (GK) Sebastian Larsson, Birmingham, Olof Mellberg, Olympiakos, Daniel Majstorovic, AEK Aten, Berhang Safari, Basel Anders Svensson, Elfsborg, Pontus Wernbloom, AZ Alkmaar Christian Wilhelmsson, al-Hilal, Kim Källström, Lyon, Emir Bajrami, Twente Ola Toivonen, PSV Eindhoven.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Ukraine v Romania Match will take place in Lvov (Banderstand :clap) where national team never lost before and where stadium is always almost full.Teackets are cheap so i expect many fans. Ukraine and Romania played 3 times before and Ukraine lost all 3 of them. In his interview for this match M.Markevych said he will play 90% of squad that played last time against Lithaunia.The only changes i see are Pyatov will take place in goal and also couple of Karpaty's (local team from Lvov that qualifyed to Europa League this season :tongue2) defenders will possibly start. But...after this match all best players will leave national team and in game against Norway we will play reserves and guys from U21 team. The situation in Romania much more intresting as R.Lucesku is trying to build a new team from young players.Romania lost their first friendly match this year at home to Israel 2-0. Probable line up Ukraine: keeper - Pyatov defenders: Kobin,Myhalik,Chygrynsky,Oschipko miedf.: Aliev,Tymoschuk,Rotan,Konoplyanka strikers: Sheva,Milevsky :\ Miedfield and strikers should remain the same but defence could change. Probable line up Romania: keeper: Pantilimon defenders: Dananae or Maftei,Chivu,Rat,Tamas or Goyan miedf.: Roman,Ghioane,Radoi,Tanase strikers: Cristea,Bilasco Romania has good keeper and 2 good defenders-rat and Chivu.Not sure about miedf. and strikers. I think we will not loose this match but will we win it?M.Markevych is trying to play attcking football and i see Ukraine scoring today.Not sure how many as Pantilimon is ok keeper.If you take the fact that Ukraine never beat Romania before,they play in Lvov where they never lost before and they play under new coach then i see guys pushing for this one and trying to win it. I'll take my chance today and back Ukraine to win around evens. GL :ok

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May I agree with the fact that Romania's defense is the best department of this squad, with pretty good and in-form players. The strikers are both hard-working but lack physical strength. Bilasco is pretty good at jumping and headers, despite not being very tall. The midfield is far from world class, with a "young hope" Roman(26 yo :(), or Tanase, a very talented player that excels lately though at dancing in clubs rather than on the field. Ghioane is creative but has his limits, while Radoi is another hard worker, but with a much more defensive style. This is why I see many difficulties for Romania to score today. The manager said that the result is important, which makes me to believe it will be a defensive approach and a counter based game play. I think the game is likely to end with an under 2.5 goals outcome. A 1-0 Ukraine victory is how I see it ending.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May I've just taken an additional treble for interest sakes over the weekend. Germany @ 1.44. The Germans may have their troubles in midfield, but Hungary are set to play an experimental squad, with a few players making their debuts. This should be a good opportunity for the Germans to make their mark. Chile @ 1.33. Reasons already given above. Should be another routine win for them, and a test of endurance for the Irish. South Korea @ 1.75. I really like this South Korean side, and I still feel that Belarus are lacking in midfield. South Korea have improved a hell of a lot defensively, and come into this game in superb form. They have conceded only one goal in their last six. They are putting out a strong team, and I'd bet on them to do what the Hondurans could not in midweek. All with Paddy Power @ 3.37. And, yes, I know I can better odds elsewhere.

Good post Mahno :ok Not sure I'll risk it yet, but GL :)
I know it's risky Jase but same as any other match today.Atleast odds are ok for the home win.It will be physical game and I also think that under 2.5 is most likely outcome but with odds @1.66 no thanks. And again i have to disagree with you about Belarus.Why you don't like them so much?:) Don't think they will loose today.But GL :ok