Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners

Burnley Joe

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? Blew my very small outstanding balance (most of which they gave me) and uninstalled them from my PC. I still have difficulty understanding how they could build quite a bit of goodwill towards them from the Ibiza trip and then blow it all so spectacularly. If they were going to pull the plug it would have made more sense to do it just before Ibiza.

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? Good luck in LasVegas guys :clap :clap - I'm glad theres something positive to counter the appalling behaviour of GaolPoker (Gaol being the operative word its where Nick Fitt :puke belongs by the sound of things). Theres an added bonus to doing well out there now :hope :hope ... when you win a fortune the newspapers will be interviewing you and you can trash GP for their behaviour. NIck Gitt is soooo stupid to tangle with Punters Lounge and think he can get away with it. If the suggestion that they've given your seats away as sponsorship to some supposed pro's is true, then it might be worth informing them as a true pro wouldn't take the seat. Sooner Goal Poker goes under the better IMHO (even if I lose the $26 I've now got in there).

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? Good to see that AP has paid for your Buy-in. A big :clap to AP. Im still kinda new to Punters Lounge, but its nice to know that soo many people (especially P. ROSS) has your back, when your down and almost out. :ok

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul?

If the suggestion that they've given your seats away as sponsorship to some supposed pro's is true' date=' [/quote'] I think that was just a joke/wild speculation......... Bottom line is we haven't a clue what the real story is - Goalpoker have offered no explanations - I can only believe it is money!!!! (Which means that they are not likely to deliver on the Johnny Chan prizes either - even if they were still running satelites for it!!!)

I can only believe it is money!!!!
Sorry I should probably know better than start propagating innuendo :spank. You're probably right GAF :eyes ..... they may have well started off with some seed money and have blown it all on too many promotions before getting the bottom line anywhere near working (it was probably the bar bill in Ibiza that broke the camels back!), but as you say unless they tell we'll probably never know the full story. Still doesn't stop me thinking badly of them....... I just know how I would have felt if they'd done such a thing to me. Suprised the WSOP (I assume its now a valuable brandname) doesn't insist on all the poker companies putting entry money into some sort of protected account before they can advertise promotions using WSOP seats as a gimmick.

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? Wow. Just returned from a 'poker free' hol with the family. Feeling wholy un-natural withdrawl symptoms decided first stop was PL. Good job I did... Horrified. Gutted. Astounded. Proud. Horrified at the actions of the self righteous fraud that is GP. Gutted for two great characters with high and achievable hopes. Astounded at the response of the 'alleged' CEO. Proud that I belong to such a powerful, supportive bunch of top bods! GL Joe and Andy. :hope

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? finally drawn out all my money.it was actually my best source of money,won over $6000 since i joined there last march but after all they have done they dont deserve any punters. hats off to ap for bailing them out to let andy and joe live their dream,the very best of luck to both of you,and tell phil ivey the croc is coming to get him next year. back to pokerstars for me,some great players on there but awesome prizes to be won

finally drawn out all my money.it was actually my best source of money' date='won over $6000 since i joined there last march [/quote'] If you play on Absolute, you play against the same players you played against on Goalpoker.......

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? Gl guys hope you at least make enough money to cover your expenses, or if that doesn't happen, you enjoy the experience enough to have made the hassle and expense worth it!:hope EDIT: Still got $17 bucks on GP, too low to withdraw and I'm not prepared to deposit so will either build it up or blow it then goalpoker will never darken my PC again:@

took most of my money out but just played a $6 to use up the last or build it up to 50 - when it announced the prize it actually said 'absolute poker' (I think) - is thqt usual - I can't remember. Also - why would nick fitt be talking about the johnny chan? they're not running it any more are they?
Talk about a company scoring an OWN goal. :clap Nick is a pr*t - Julian, their Comercial Director, doesn't have a clue about what is going on. They go to Ibiza and flash cash and can't pay for your seats ??????:@ :wall

Nick is a pr*t - Julian' date=' their Comercial Director, doesn't have a clue about what is going on.[/quote'] Got to be a contender for for "Best First Post EVER!" :clap :welcome to PL mate, your gonna fit in Sooooooo well with that attitude towards GP :ok Oh,Joe......T-Shirt Pic mate??????? :rollin C.R.

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? Good luck to both of you in Vegas, I know you're gonna ahve a great time and hopsfully come back with some cash.... you never know!!!! :hope :clap :hope :clap :hope :clap :hope :clap :hope :clap :hope :clap :hope :clap :hope Have withdrawn my money from GP and have uninstalled the software - they will no longer tarnish my desktop...... A big :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy to Absolute for stepping in and paying the buy.... no way did they have to do that, and it shows what good sports they are for doing it. Good luck both of you, I really hope it goes well for you, you deserve it.

Talk about a company scoring an OWN goal. :clap Nick is a pr*t - Julian, their Comercial Director, doesn't have a clue about what is going on. They go to Ibiza and flash cash and can't pay for your seats ??????:@ :wall
Not sure who you are, but you couldn't be more wrong with regards to Julian, he is the only shining light at GoalPoker and make no mistake, is very clued up, but decisions are being made above his head I suspect.

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? Thanks for all the support guys, i agree with paul, it was not any of the staff whoa re to blame and Julian, Victoria and ted have been sound. Its the man at the top who is at fault. Will update as and when possible next week. Regards and may the poker gods look after you whilst we are away, but not as much as they are looking after me, or they can "Suck My Lollipop!" Joe