** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners

Burnley Joe

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners I hope Goalpoker are not thinking that the partial rescue package is an end to this shameful episode...they must be made to fully compensate all those affected surely? {I would like to add my name to those hating the mis-use of the apostrophe. Its horrible to sea apostrophe's in the wrong place's is'nt it?}

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay it's Winners

Thank you! I just realised I've been doing that for years! Not confusing 'its' with 'it's' as in 'it is' - just thinking the possessive form needed an apostrophe. Not sure where I got that idea from.
I do it nou'n again too.

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners

Uh oh - Morl is jumping back on the goalpoker bandwagon!
not sure what is meant by that but morls has made a sensible and valid point (for once :)). To keep slating, sledging, lambasting goalpoker is totally fruitless and a waste of time and if that puts me on the goalpoker bandwagon then roll on. Also wild assumptions regarding Ian Frazer and Michael Grecco should not be made without any firm evidence. What we have to try to remember is that is does not concern us directly and even though we feel for Joe and Andy it is up to them to decide their course of action and being the sensible lads that they are :loon I am sure they will do whats best for them (not to satisfy a baying mob on this forum) Does anyone know what happened to the Norwegian guy who qualified with Fenner?

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners It does affect the forum actually. As we are a group of poker players we have to ensure that goalpoker realises that it is not the right way to treat its (ha!) customers. If this thread has but one purpose it is to show all poker players using this forum from the present and potential forum members looking at the site for the first time to know exactly what kind of company goalpoker are. Obviously, this is my opinion on why the thread is a sticky but I assume that is the reason behind why it is prominent on the site. And rightfully so.

Originally Posted by MCFC66 What we have to try to remember is that is does not concern us directly
Whilst I agree with the comments that at the end of the day its primarily up to Fenners and BurnleyJoe to get whatever compensation/revenge/satisfaction they can off goalpoker - I'm sure they appreciate any support they can get from us. Theres a lot of experience and negotiating power inherent in Punters Lounge that can often help in situations like this. This "event" does directly affect many of us who have/had money in goalpoker - as information like this allows us, as a group, to make valid decisions on whether its sensible to play or store money on a shite site like goalpoker. Minute I read of this situation I wanted my money off them. Even just continually slagging off goalpoker is IMHO helpful - the more hits that come up on a search engine saying goalpoker is crap then IMHO the less likely they or other poker sites are going to be able to get away with such actions. The other side off the equation is praising poker sites when they get it right, which we did extensively for goalpoker before this farce erupted ... this is valuable "free" publicity for such sites. I use the word "free" in quotes as the marketeers often pay either directly or indirectly (via targetted freerolls for example ) to get this publicity. Anyway thats my tuppence worth....

Also wild assumptions regarding Ian Frazer and Michael Grecco should not be made without any firm evidence.
Spot on.
What we have to try to remember is that is does not concern us directly and even though we feel for Joe and Andy it is up to them to decide their course of action and being the sensible lads that they are :loon I am sure they will do whats best for them (not to satisfy a baying mob on this forum)
I know what you're saying, and I agree that it's their right to deal with this as they see fit, but that shouldn't prevent us from using what influence we have to try and either publicise Joe and Andys cause OR try and put pressure on Goalpoker, especially as GoalPokers representatives were quite happy to use PL and its members to promote their organisation (oops) company. What is already happening is that when a company starts a WSoP associated promotion is that PLers are questioning whether the seat will materialise when the time comes. This is a sad state of affairs for anyone who hopes to have their dream fulfilled. If PuntersLounge and other organisations can be proactive in changing things for the better then even if we don't help Joe and Andy directly then we have done what is right.

http://goalpoker.cmail1.com/email/74241/images/bg3.jpg border=0>
transparent.gif
http://goalpoker.cmail1.com/email/74241/images/header1.gif>
transparent.gifBad Beat Your Rivals This Sunday!
http://goalpoker.cmail1.com/email/74241/images/section_bg.jpg>
GP%20Logo.jpg

Ever dreamt about playing for your team? Now you can with The Goalpoker.com Sunday Poker Grudge Matches. Starting this Sunday and continuing every Sunday at 7.30pm GMT you have the chance to represent your team in the Worlds only Football Poker Derby. All tournaments have a $10+$1 buy-in. Here are the clashes you can expect over the next few weeks (there’s more to come too, tell us who you want to challenge, if you come with friends*, we'll set it up FREE!):

Sunday 13/08

Sunday 20/08

Sunday 27/08

Newcastle v Sunderland Arsenal v Spurs Ipswich v Norwich Blackburn v Burnley Rangers v Celtic

Man Utd v Man City Wolves v West Brom Aston Villa v Birmingham Notts County v Notts For Hearts v Hibernian

Liverpool v Everton Chelsea v Fulham Portsmouth v Southampton Cardiff v Swansea Dundee v Dundee Utd

Passcode: GRUDGE

Not registered your team yet? No problem, all you need to do is update your account profile on line by adding your team, sign up to the right match and wear your strip with pride. But don’t worry, if you don’t get the chance to register your team in time you can still turn up and play. Take this opportunity to add your team’s colours to your table presence too? With our image options, you can show off your team’s badge, shirt, or even your favorite player to the rest of the table. CHECK OUT THESE GREAT BONUSES THAT APPLY TO THIS PROMOTION! Make sure your team has the best chance of winning – call in the loyal masses! Every time you sign up a mate using our refer-a-friend bonus scheme,

you get $75 and your friend gets $50 – FREE! First time depositors can make use of our generous first time deposit bonus using the code GP750 to receive a 100% bonus up to $750. Existing players, take advantage of the reload bonus using code 20JUL7 to receive a 20% bonus up to $200.

Sundays Just Got Dirty!

S873XIEI.jpg
money.jpg
transparent.gif
http://goalpoker.cmail1.com/email/74241/images/header2.gif>
transparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.gif
transparent.gifSIGN UP...BONUS...
transparent.giftransparent.gif
transparent.giftransparent.gifDownload and register now at goalpoker.com • click on TOURNEYS, • click on MULTI TOURNAMENTS • click on SPECIAL • click on GP GRUDGE MATCHES • Use the PASSCODE: GRUDGE

Those who have yet to do so, don’t forget to claim your GP750 bonus of 100% on up to $750 on your first deposit

corn4.gif
transparent.gif
o.gif I'm sure we want to hurry and sign up to play in this dont we....!!!!!!NOT

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners I never said it didn't affect the forum, so not sure where that coment came from. Of course it affects the forum but I think Andy and Joe have had all the support, help and advice they need. If the purpose of this thread is to publicise it further (as Phil said) or using our influence (as Mr V said) then I am in totally agreement but if you go back to the main point of my post (that may have not come through) is that name calling, slander and unprofessional posts are not needed. You can still argue the case, publicise and influence people with a reasoned argument. You can still constantly attack Goalpoker and ruin whatever reputation they may have left without doing it from their level.

To keep slating' date=' sledging, lambasting goalpoker is totally fruitless and a waste of time and if that puts me on the goalpoker bandwagon then roll on.?[/quote'] Totally disagree - Goalpoker are a joke!! We know that, but I feel we have a "duty" to let as many people know that as possible. What we say should remain factual - but the truth is damaging enough to Goalpoker - no need for anything else!!! I have been quite busy the last couple of days contacting their major affiliates/advertisors/partners to try and ensure they are aware of the facts - a surprising number weren't, but are now looking at it seriously - word needs to get out!!! Agree totally!!! Goalpoker (Nick Fitt) are the villains here - NOT Ian Frazer or Michael Greco. To the best of my knowledge they are not even aware of what happened!!! I have been trying to find some contact details for Ian Frazer to bring him up to speed with what has happened - but without success.......

GaF I have Ian Frazers mobile and email at home will give it you later
Ta mate :ok LMAO - looks like I've been banned by Goalpoker (not that they've contacted me to tell me anything - no surprise!!!) - My "Login ID is not recognized". Anyone else? Can't blame them really - I was going to go to their exclusive tournaments and make sure that any Goalpoker players knew the truth about them - so anyone else who doesn't mind losing their Goalpoker ID - might be one to try ;)

Also wild assumptions regarding Ian Frazer and Michael Grecco should not be made without any firm evidence. wild asumptions??????????? gp have already said the above 2 will be at the johnny chan tourney,surely the first people on the list should have been the people they robbed of $15000.

Ta mate :ok LMAO - looks like I've been banned by Goalpoker (not that they've contacted me to tell me anything - no surprise!!!) - My "Login ID is not recognized". Anyone else? Can't blame them really - I was going to go to their exclusive tournaments and make sure that any Goalpoker players knew the truth about them - so anyone else who doesn't mind losing their Goalpoker ID - might be one to try ;)
lol me too just tried it. 3 people in the jc final at the end,winner got $750,robbers got $60..nobody got to turks/cacaos.hope jc knows how to play solitaire

gp have already said the above 2 will be at the johnny chan tourney,surely the first people on the list should have been the people they robbed of $15000.
But that's the fault of Goalpoker - not the 2 individuals who are probably unaware that there is even any controversy!!!

Ta mate :ok LMAO - looks like I've been banned by Goalpoker (not that they've contacted me to tell me anything - no surprise!!!) - My "Login ID is not recognized". Anyone else?
Same here ............................. It downloaded an upgrade then i got the "Login ID is not recognized" coming up when i tried to logon ............... i'm guessing the upgrade has buggered things up :unsure

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners Me too, and I've still got about 40cents in there!! It would be interesting to find out if anyone who uses a different screen name from their PL name can get in. Not that I'm at all bothered but isn't this fuelling the already blazing flames? Edit: I didn't get an upgrade and Milou can still get in- she's got money in there she's trying to build up to withdraw

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners ive been banned too........ Ive just done as it said, contact support....so lets see if i get a reply, if not, im going to print off 5000 leaflets at work telling people what goal poker are up to and what they have done! That should go down well at the match where there are 4 advertising boards and a goal poker box! Bring it on Goalpoker.........We will win!

Me too, and I've still got about 40cents in there!! It would be interesting to find out if anyone who uses a different screen name from their PL name can get in. Not that I'm at all bothered but isn't this fuelling the already blazing flames? Edit: I didn't get an upgrade and Milou can still get in- she's got money in there she's trying to build up to withdraw
login is just my email which has nothing to do with PL :unsure ............ I don't see any reason why i would be specifically targeted to have my account deleted so i'm assuming its just an admin fcuk up of some sort ........................... but since i've withdrawn all my funds and i'm not planning on playing there any time soon it doesn't bother me really ...................... i've got another 30-odd poker accounts to choose from :lol

ive been banned too........ Ive just done as it said, contact support....so lets see if i get a reply, if not, im going to print off 5000 leaflets at work telling people what goal poker are up to and what they have done! That should go down well at the match where there are 4 advertising boards and a goal poker box! Bring it on Goalpoker.........We will win!
Well that was quick!, I reckon there reading this without being logged on to PL...... Dear Mr. Morl, Thank you for your email. In order to give you the best customer service, we will forward this email to the Management Department. They will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. Thanks for playing at Goal Poker! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We're here for you! Sincerely, Johnny Team Goal ~ Customer Support [email protected] "Be a player..."

login is just my email which has nothing to do with PL :unsure ............ I don't see any reason why i would be specifically targeted to have my account deleted so i'm assuming its just an admin fcuk up of some sort ........................... but since i've withdrawn all my funds and i'm not planning on playing there any time soon it doesn't bother me really ...................... i've got another 30-odd poker accounts to choose from :lol
I'm thinking more of screen names, I don't see any reason either but as my account seems to suspended I don't want it to affect my standing down at the local horticultural society, they're very picky you know:loon

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners Heres the email i just sent to the Marketting and Advertising Director of NUFC Warren Palk, lets see if owt gets done by kick off next week. ________________________________________________________________ Hi Im a season ticket holder for NUFC and have noticed the goalpoker.com advertising boards dotted around the ground and in the programme. I was also lucky enough to win seats to sit in their box....which turned out to be the magpie suite However i feel i must bring to your attention a shocking chain of events, which threaten to make a mockery of NUFC if you continue to advertise the site. 2 of my friends have since signed up at goalpoker after seeing the advertising boards at St James and they went on to win the biggest prize in the online poker room, $15k packages to the World Series in Las Vegas in July.......however.......goalpoker have since retracted the prizes and wont tell us why. Anyone who has dared challenge them on this, has had their accounts deleted and banned from playing on the site. Surely NUFC dont want to be associated with a poker company who cant pay there prizes. Full details are in this thread, including original emails off Goalpoker MD Nick Fitt and replies from the 2 lads who won. http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31740 I hope you take the time to look at this, as before the wigan game on saturday we will be handing out leaflets outside the ground advertising the fact that goalpoker.com cannot and will not pay out promised prizes....but will take your money anyway! Im not entirely sure if i have sent this email to the right department, so if i haven't can you please forward it on for me. Graeme Morl Sir John Hall level 7 season ticket holder

Warren is who I have been in contact with :ok
Nice one GaF:ok Hopefully now he knows NUFC season ticket holders and match go-ers are being scammed, he may sort somethin out. Ive sorted some leaflets with the print room at work, so if all goes to plan, we may have 5000 leaflets ready for this saturday!