** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners

Burnley Joe

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners

Fair enough' date=' Morlo. It's just a bit of a lose/lose all round. At least Absolute are honouring the accounts. Probably want to hold onto as many people as possible what with the shenanigans going on in the States![/quote'] except my account, which was banned......

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

except my account' date=' which was banned......[/quote'] Mine too (I presume - they never told me anything) - however have had no trouble with my Absolute account :ok (just need to use a different email address)

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners Update received papers this morning about a meeting on the 9th November between GP and some Insolvency Firm. I have to fill in some forms about what they owe me. Not holding my breathe but you never know, also i can complain that potentially customers are still using their site and they cannot pay out to winners I sincerely hope they get hammered on this and i know its wrong to say but fck em, i reckon one or two could be doing a bit of bird some time soon Joe

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners The Goalpokergate scandal,with all the associated losses and bad feeling, now makes me very wary of new sites, and some not so new. If sites are making massive promises and seemingly giving big bucks away, then it would be unwise to leave any sizeable funds in those accounts, so if another site does go tits up, as some undoubtedly will, you will lessen the impact to yourselves by keeping the account balance fairly low. Goalpoker should be a warning to all poker players...if an offer looks too good to be true, then maybe it is!

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners Yep - we need to be cautious :ok Having said that - PL'rs WERE net winners from the whole Goalpoker saga - we took some huge prizes off of them, had some great trips etc ..... Noone lost any of their own cash ..... (the slightly dubious distinction I'm making here arew that BJ and fenners loss were unpaid prizes, rather than lost deposits......). But even they (in a strange way) benefitted from Goalpokers short life - Fenners was 1st equal in their $50,000 live STT? He got a trip to Ibiza and Champions League final. BJ went to Ibiza. They both got WSOP seats (thanks to Absolute) .... Goalpoker were a joke with the way they operated, however they DID give a load of money away.....

Aren't Fenners and BurnleyJoe out of pocket because of expenses?
Well - Yes they didn't receive that portion of the prize (jeeeez - it sounds like I'm defending Goalpoker - I'M NOT!!!) - BUT they did still receive a $10,000 seat which was their choice to take or not, and because they took it, they incurred costs, but the total value of what they won at Goalpoker (just the 2 of them and not counting the costs they incurred as a result) probably exceeds $50,000 doesn't it? Certainly if you add in Tax's big win, it exceeds this total.......

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners I suppose the point I'm trying to make (it certainly isn't trying to belittle what BJ and Fenners lost) is that yes we need to be cautious with how much we expose ourselves at new sites, BUT if they are throwing big money around in an attempt to get market share, we shouldn't be scared to go after that money .........

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners No mate I know you're not defending them at all. I also agree with the point you make regarding sites splashing the cash. :ok :ok :ok But look at how that Stan James (operated) Football-themed site was received. I think PLers will (for quite a while to come I imagine) view such sites with a healthy amount of scepticism.

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners With the way the stockmarket has hammered the betting companies, looks like a few of them may merge. I think i heard something about 888 and Partygaming. With the American exodus Partygaming still screwed players of the Monster redistribution so i would be wary of even the larger sites until things settle down. Here's hoping justice prevails (all round)

• 1 month later...

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners What the hell's this about, anyone else get it. Got an e-mail from a Vernon Lowe? It said: Come represent ENGLAND or any other country for the World Team Tour,it has cash and item free rolls,country rankings and single rankings,player of the month and hall of fame prizes,random prizes,mens and womans all star teams,and is rated #1 new poker forum/league go to ********** to join Found this when I was there about Goal Poker. **************

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners Just looks like spam to me :unsure So have got rid of the links - no point in giving them publicity...... Any site where they have an admin pushing the virtues of Goalpoker (from less than a month ago) is, IMO, on extremely thin ice!!! Should I know who Vernon Lowe is? :unsure

Just looks like spam to me :unsure So have got rid of the links - no point in giving them publicity...... Any site where they have an admin pushing the virtues of Goalpoker (from less than a month ago) is, IMO, on extremely thin ice!!! Should I know who Vernon Lowe is? :unsure
I have no idea who the hell he is, no advertising on the e-mail either, most strange? So Goalpoker is a new site??????