** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners

Burnley Joe

Dear Joe<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Due to an extraordinary chain of events, Goalpoker.com is unable to fulfil its Vegas WSOP 2006 trip. The entire <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Team are very sorry for you and all of us wish things could be different.

This decision has not been taken lightly and the Management of Goalpoker.com has considered its course long and hard. However, it is impossible for us to go ahead with the trip. We are so grateful to all our players for their support and loyalty to date and feel very sad at the dissapointment you must feel.

By way of compensation, Goalpoker.com offers each of you an $8,500 VIP package to The Johnny Chan Invitational in Turks and Caicos. From 9th to 16th of September 2006, this tournament provides better payout odds than the WSOP and you are certain to be sat amongst the modern legends of the game. The prize pool will be over $2 million. The festive atmosphere will close with a Ziggy Marley concert and you will be flown back on the 16th - hopefully a winner.

Second to that, a private single table tournament is being organized for mid August for those that had planned to go to the WSOP. You’ll be playing against Ian Frazer, Bob The Butcher and Michael Greco. Details and the prize fund will be forwarded shortly.

As poker players ourselves, we genuinely realise the commitment you've made and subsequent dissapointment you must feel in missing this trip. We will of course cover any directly related and receipted travel expenses incurred by yourselves and you should send us dated receipts for reimbursement.

We will do everything within our power to ensure The Johnny Chan Invitational trip is beyond any expectation and provides just compensation for missing the WSOP trip. Also we understand that this disappointment will be blogged to the ends of the earth – all we can ask is that you recognise that these are circumstances outside of our control, we have always strived to deliver beyond expectation in the past and we will do everything in our power to ensure that this is the first and only time this ever happens to winners at Goalpoker

We can only apologise and hope to see you in Turks and Caicos.

Kindest regards

Team Goalpoker.com :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Absolutely Gutted And Want To Cry Basically they awarded you and fenners with $15k packages to the world series due to your league win and fenners champ of champs win, now they are not honouring it and giving you a replacement package of $8.5k........ surely this aint on? Also....a $2m prize fund for the chan event is nothing compared to the $50m prize fund for the wsop.........if i were you Joe/Andy id be looking for a lil more than whats being offered

Re: Absolutely Gutted And Want To Cry Unbelievable!!!!! You're not winding us up are you?? :unsure Don't totally give up just yet - remember Checknraise couldn't fulfil their packages and another poker room stepped in ....... who knows....... (I'll drop an email to them to see ;) ) I find it hard to imagine what an earth an "extraordinary chain of events" could possibly mean!!!!

Re: Absolutely Gutted And Want To Cry I know how you'll be feeling, I felt the same yesterday. I had to go into hospital on Tuesday afternoon, and yesterday morning I was told I needed a miracle to be going to Vegas. I was totally gutted, and I'm only going for an STT. I just ended up telling myself how there's no way I'm missing out next year. Luckily the miracle may have happened. This afternoon they've let me go home, and if there is sufficient improvement with it when I go back tomorrow they are going to let me go (with a sack full of drugs and conditions). I feel for you, and I hope they compensate you sufficiently. I can't believe how they could do that to you. I hope something sorts itself out and you can still go. :hope

Re: Absolutely Gutted And Want To Cry Shit Joe .......... thats Terrible :puke I hope they have given you a more detailed explaination as to why they aren't sending you to the WSOP than what was on that email :unsure If i was you i'd definately want to know more about the "circumstances beyond their control" .............As for the alternative prize it's good, but its not really an equivalent ....................... and given whats happened, Its hard to trust what they say .................although i'd imagine the replacement prize will happen, how can you have any certainty there won't be other circumstances "beyond their control" ....................i'd definately be wanting better compensation than that :unsure really sorry to hear this mate:sad

Re: Absolutely Gutted And Want To Cry Gutted for you both!! Agree with Morlspin too the compensation they're offering falls way short of the prize you were promised. As far as explanations go "extraorindary chain of events" doesn't cut it, your entitled to a damn site more info than that:@

Re: Absolutely Gutted And Want To Cry

Hi, I have asked if we will be getting the rest of the package in our accounts and am awaiting a response!
i think i know the answer to that one. sorry to hear about this joe,just wonder if they are still sending mr frazier???

Re: Absolutely Gutted And Want To Cry thats terrible, how can they promise something like that and then fail to deliver. Feel absolutley gutted for you, not sure I would want to continue playing on anysite that did that to its customers.

Re: Absolutely Gutted And Want To Cry "You’ll be playing against Ian Frazer, Bob The Butcher and Michael Greco." Oh well that makes up for it then. Why on earth this sore throated goon is a fitting replacement for the WSOP I'll never know... he's certainly cheaper than $15K though!

sent you a PM joe fcking unbelievable I hope they rang you to explain not just send out that useless mail. As a precaution I'm withdrawing my money from there now
withdrew most of mine last week,got pissed off waiting for them to pay out from the pl league,think its time to take the rest out.

FFS.... what a joke... I said this before, and I will say it again... GOAL Poker Sucks.... nothing more to it!!! Does this mean that also Fenners isn't going????
Have to agree with Pene - no way was I depositing any cash in GP. They probably spent all the cash on the Maxim models in Ibiza!! :@ :@ TQM