** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners

Burnley Joe

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? I am going to suggest a more realistic tournament. How about the Jackie Chan Invitational? Goalpoker set a cheap buyin and the winner gets an all expenses paid trip to their local cinema to see Jackie Chan's latest film. The 'all expenses' part bing they have to pay for their own ticket and travel to and from the cinema.

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul?

I am going to suggest a more realistic tournament. How about the Jackie Chan Invitational? Goalpoker set a cheap buyin and the winner gets an all expenses paid trip to their local cinema to see Jackie Chan's latest film. The 'all expenses' part bing they have to pay for their own ticket and travel to and from the cinema.
That would leave Goalpoker paying for the popcorn and drinks, and you know they can't afford it!!!:lol GaF, why have we still got a link to Goalpoker?. It's not like anyone will sign up from it, especially after reading this thread!!!

GaF' date=' why have we still got a link to Goalpoker?. It's not like anyone will sign up from it, especially after reading this thread!!![/quote'] You obviously haven't clicked on it mate - it doesn't go anywhere near Goalpoker ;)

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay it's Winners

I was just thinking.. surely all the people who entered all qualifying games for the WSOP should be given a refund considering the prize that they contributed was hot honoured.
Yeah I mean thousands of people have payed a buy in for a prize that was never there....so goalpoker is effectively fraudulant if it doesnt refund the buy in, OR guve the full cash value of the package to the winners. It cant NOT send the winners and NOT refund buy ins. Else they are just stealing peoples money. Also if you need 30 runners for the Johnny Chan it looks like their offer for a subsitute tourny was equally empty.

That would leave Goalpoker paying for the popcorn and drinks, and you know they can't afford it!!!:lol GaF, why have we still got a link to Goalpoker?. It's not like anyone will sign up from it, especially after reading this thread!!!
would you have to make your own way to the cinema or would goalpoker pay for it:loon
Goalpoker would hire a cinema, pay for A-list celebrities to act as ushers, provide beds on the back row, then end up hiring "The Sound of Music" from Blockbuster cos they forgot to sort the film out.

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay it's Winners Sorry to add nothing constructive to the content of this thread, but now it's a sticky could you change the title to take out the apostrophe from its. Can't bear to see it staring me in the face everyday and if we are hoping to get outside traffic to the thread let's make it right (which it was in GaF's post, so don't know where it went wrong!) (Finicky :cow , but I know some of you will agree with me!) You can remove this post after you've changed it if you like! :ok re the link - was thinking the same as Spur!

Sorry to add nothing constructive to the content of this thread' date=' but now it's a sticky could you change the title to take out the apostrophe from [b']its. Can't bear to see it staring me in the face everyday and if we are hoping to get outside traffic to the thread let's make it right (which it was in GaF's post, so don't know where it went wrong!) quote] I agree

Sorry to add nothing constructive to the content of this thread' date=' but now it's a sticky could you change the title to take out the apostrophe from [b']its. Can't bear to see it staring me in the face everyday and if we are hoping to get outside traffic to the thread let's make it right (which it was in GaF's post, so don't know where it went wrong!) (Finicky :cow , but I know some of you will agree with me!) You can remove this post after you've changed it if you like! :ok re the link - was thinking the same as Spur!
If the apostrophe annoys you then may I suggest this book. I am sure you will like it :ok http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/650764/Eats_Shoots_Leaves/Product.html

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners

Now' date=' are Joe and Fenners playing in this Johnny Chan tourney or not??:unsure[/quote'] If they do I think they should wear their home made Goalpoker tshirts at every opportunity :lol :lol :lol

If they do I think they should wear their home made Goalpoker tshirts at every opportunity :lol :lol :lol
Forgive me all if im wrong......but......if they do get to go to Jonny Chan Invitational.....then surely this has worked out better? £750 they paid themselves for the vegas flights and hotels, and they get WSOP main event seats, and JC invitational too? Bargain considering both won the main event package without paying a penny for the tournaments!

In a way Morl' date=' you may well be right - HOWEVER, that doesn't change what Goalpoker have done!!!![/quote'] I agree 100%....goalpoker are a disgrace, but all im saying is that for what they have spent, they now get 2 chances to play for millions of dollars......a blessing in disguise?

Forgive me all if im wrong......but......if they do get to go to Jonny Chan Invitational.....then surely this has worked out better? £750 they paid themselves for the vegas flights and hotels, and they get WSOP main event seats, and JC invitational too? Bargain considering both won the main event package without paying a penny for the tournaments!
Don't forget they also get to meet Beppe from Eastenders! That is worth it! I am trying to get in touch with Benny from Crossroads just in case the Jackie Chan Invitational falls through.

I agree 100%....goalpoker are a disgrace' date=' but all im saying is that for what they have spent, they now get 2 chances to play for millions of dollars......a blessing in disguise?[/quote'] Uh oh - Morl is jumping back on the goalpoker bandwagon!

Sorry to add nothing constructive to the content of this thread' date=' but now it's a sticky could you change the title to take out the apostrophe from [b']its.
Thank you! I just realised I've been doing that for years! Not confusing 'its' with 'it's' as in 'it is' - just thinking the possessive form needed an apostrophe. Not sure where I got that idea from. Apologies to everyone whose eyes I've made bleed over my 850 posts :lol