** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners

Burnley Joe

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? Really sorry to hear this guys. Probably too late for another site to bale you out unless they have a helluva marketing team. Finger crossed - and i hope PR doesn't get arrested for anything he should say or ramming objects up certain areas of Nick Fitt

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? Sorry guys, but Nick seems to like his own voice more than listening to people. He went on and on about Jonny Chan this and Jonny Chan that, to which I cut in and said "Are you offering a WSOP rescue package or not?" he carries on as if I hadn't spoke........"Are you even listening to me Nick?" Yes I am he says with a blank look on his face. The guy is a first class clown. The start of the conversation was hilarious: PR: What a mess eh? Nick: "Not really." Nick: "Let me tell you a bit about myself and my background." PR: "How about we get straight to the WSOP Package problem, your background is irrelevant." Lots of rubbish talked in this bit then......... PR: "So Absolute Poker didn't offer a rescue deal then?" Nick: "No, we chatted but nothing was offered." PR: "That's strange because AP have offered Fenners & Burnley Joe a $10k seat and you're sitting here telling me different!" :lol "Did you not know this Nick?" Nick: "Blah blah blah" Jonny Chan, Jonny Chan, Jonny Chan, Jonny Chan, PR: "Don't you feel very silly that AP have rescued their seats and you didn't know a thing about it?" Nick: "No not at all." PR: "Here's the deal Nick, you give them the hotel costs and flights and the Jonny Chan tourny and we'll forget all about it." Nick: "Sorry we can't do that but Jonny Chan........" PR: *Walks out of pub* The End (of Goalpoker probably).

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? AAAaaaarrgghh - i always hated those continued next week programs And of course i'm a bit dim. What's happening? Are they going? Are they going to court? Where did PR go after the pub? If anyone wishes to continue the Saga of a Nick's Fitt or the gromless goaless pokerless partypoopers, please continue below.

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? I just can't get my head round it Paul - did he not give any indication at all that would suggest Goalpoker could even survive till the Johnny Chan Tournament? If they haven't the funds to meet the prizes they awarded to the WSOP winners, what on earth makes them think (and could possibly persuade us) that they would have the funds in 2 months time to send 50 x Jonny Chan winners to the caribean? I have no belief or confidence at all that the Johnny Chan prizes will ever materialise - how can we have? And why on earth would anyone spend their money trying to win them? I don't think that you need to "put the boot in" Paul - they're going down!! They're going to do it to themselves, and they're going to do it very soon!!!!

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? But great news that Absolute have stepped in with Seats :clap :clap Thanks Absolute!! :clap :clap Just a shame that Fenners and Burnley Joe are still losing out through having to fund it themselves (instead of the $5000 costs that Goalpoker were supposed to pay them!!)

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? so thats the story with goal poker I got a call from vicky on sat saying they have tried everything to get us to vegas including asking absolute poker to help them out but to no avail so then I took it upon my self to contact absolute sending an email stating my case and that Id be sending the email i got from goal poker to every poker mag and site clearly stating they are powered by absolute poker and 1 hour later recieved this reply Good Day Andy;

My name is Gian Perroni and I am with Absolute Poker.

I understand from an email that you received that Goal Poker has represented that they are offering you a substitute tournament opportunity in lieu of the WSOP Main Event entry that you won. As you may be aware, Goal Poker is part of the Absolute Poker network, and while we have no responsibility for their business, or the activity of their players, we would nevertheless like to extend an offer to you to cover the $10,000 Main Event entry fee if you would still like to attend. This offer does not include any other costs, but will go a long way to helping you achieve your goal of playing in the WSOP, if indeed you are still interested.

Please respond to this email as quickly as possible and let me know if you are interested or not, as time is short to have you registered. FYI, for the main event 2 of the 4 “day 1’s” are now sold out.

If you are interested, please let me know your telephone number so that we can contact you for the rest of your personal information.

Best regards,

Gian Perroni

VP Poker

AbsolutePoker.com so after pauls fruitless meeting me and joe have taken them up on their offer and have just forked out £750 each for flights and accomm then of course spending money prob about £1000 for me so out out of poket but at least well be there

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? Absolute :clap :notworthy :clap Paul - a big thank you for trying :notworthy :ok BUT there's no speaking to people that are so up their own backsides that they only hear the shit that they spout themselves. :wall:wall:wall GoalPoker- 8_1_35.gif

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? Yeah we got bailed by AP, they stepped in at the last moment and we will be playing Sunday. As you say a piy about the expenses, but we`ve booked fligts for Thursday fromManchester and Hotel for £750 each so not too bad, the only bad bit will be the bar bill. I have said it before, but again thanks for the support and a bit thanks to Paul for all his hard work on our behalf. When i get there i will speak to Johnny Chan and show him the email etc. lets see. Joe

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? I fear it is much too late for me to be suggesting this but I would personally be prepared to make a contribution (say £100) towards Joe and Fenners expenses in exchange for a small share of any winnings they get. Would anyone else be prepared to do this? If so, what would be a fair percentage for Joe and Fenners to give back?

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul?

PR: "That's strange because AP have offered Fenners & Burnley Joe a $10k seat and you're sitting here telling me different!" :lol
Well three cheers for Absoloute Poker. I'll be sure to give them a look. Needless to say ill be warning everyone about GoalPoker. Funny how publicity works innit. Might I suggest writing to http://bluffmagazine.com/ with this story. I cant go into details but I happen to know its readership figures here in the UK are quite healthy. If its printed it should see the end of goalpoker, and hopefully bags of business for the generous AbsoloutePoker

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? Good luck both. Go out there and play your best, and don't let this whole business distract you. ... actually, if you think it might motivate you, just think about what a great opportunity you'll have to put the boot in if you win! :D

Yeah we got bailed by AP, they stepped in at the last moment and we will be playing Sunday. As you say a piy about the expenses, but we`ve booked fligts for Thursday fromManchester and Hotel for £750 each so not too bad, the only bad bit will be the bar bill. I have said it before, but again thanks for the support and a bit thanks to Paul for all his hard work on our behalf. When i get there i will speak to Johnny Chan and show him the email etc. lets see. Joe
Glad you have got a seat mate (and Fenners too) :hope:hope:hope for the pair of you, the way that you both play I am sure that you can win more than enough to cover and surpass the money that you shouldn't have had to spend to get there.

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? Great news guys - hope you make it to the final table. (Almost said hope you guys go all the way :$) So that just leaves the last 2 queries i had. Glad you got something out of this farce. Must admit i wouldn't be tempted to enter any Johnny Cash touny - never heard of him, it's just that GP have associated themselves with his tourny. Seems mud does stick afterall... and this mud has an unusual aroma...

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? Good news from Absolute guys, glad you're going to be there after all! George, I think you mean Johnny Chan... I'd be VERY wary of anyone offering you a chance to play against Johnny Cash!!

George' date=' I think you mean Johnny Chan... I'd be VERY wary of anyone offering you a chance to play against Johnny Cash!![/quote'] :lol :lol :rollin Always have one eye on the money. Thanks for the correction :$

Re: So what's the score with Goalpoker Paul? Not quite a silver lining guys but you're getting there. Best of luck to you both. Not that you needed any incentive but it'll be great when you both end up on the final, which is the best possible revenge you could have. :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope Get to Vegas and let em 'Ave IT!:ok