Tour Championship

Fader

We into the final tournament before the big one. Only 8 players this week. I may aswell note the draw :

Allen/Ding
Carter/K.Wilson
---------------------
Selby/Day
Murphy/Milkins

I'll keep this simple because in my opinion you can rule out half the field atleast. Allen isn't playing well enough and whilst I think Carter is playing the best of the top half, he doesn't have a good record against Kyren or Ding. I hate betting on Kyren Wilson but I think he plays Ding in the semi-final and I reckon over a longer match format that Kyren gets through to the final. I still think he will lose to Murphy though. I didn't fancy Murphy last week because he just wants to play in-front of a crowd. He will want to go into the Worlds in good form.

4pts Murphy to win Tour Championship 7/2 bet365
2pts e/w K.Wilson to win Tour Championship 13/2 betvictor

First match today/tonight is Allen taking on Ding. Ding comes into this after winning the 6-red tournament ofcourse but the bet on him today isn't so much because of that. He beat Bingham, Ford and Un Nooh to win that event so it doesn't twinkle in the sky of achievements. However, Allen isn't playing very well right now and I think Ding should probably be favourite in this one. Perhaps Allen turns it around over the longer format and if he does then he would probably make the final. But, you can only go with what you've seen

5pts Ding to beat Allen 11/10 bet365

6 hours ago, Fader said:

First match today/tonight is Allen taking on Ding. Ding comes into this after winning the 6-red tournament ofcourse but the bet on him today isn't so much because of that. He beat Bingham, Ford and Un Nooh to win that event so it doesn't twinkle in the sky of achievements. However, Allen isn't playing very well right now and I think Ding should probably be favourite in this one. Perhaps Allen turns it around over the longer format and if he does then he would probably make the final. But, you can only go with what you've seen

5pts Ding to beat Allen 11/10 bet365

Thanks, backed u on Ding, 5-3 up now and 5 to go. I suspect he'll win it in the end.

Second day at the Tour Championship and it's Ali Carter taking on Kyren Wilson to find out who will be playing Ding in the Semi Finals. Wilson has beaten Carter in the last couple of matches now. He has beaten him over shorter formats, which really is the majority format with Snooker. You don't really see too much of the longer format now and Carter most certainly doesn't play a great deal of the 'best of 10s' and you'd have to give the nod to Kyren in terms of his experience on both the one table format aswell as the 'best of 21' structure.

Carters had some great form recently and won the German Masters but we're being critical, I'm not sure he beats the best players to a high degree. When he played in the Euro Masters he got to the Semi-Finals and actually went out to Kyren Wilson. To get there he has beaten Wu Yize, Grace, Bingham, Cahill and Reanne Evans. He does beat players that he's supposed to but unless it's a best of 7 I just feel like he is vulernable to this longer format and I think Kyren wins. Even the German Masters win for Carter. He beat Carrington, Robbie Williams, handed a walkover and then beat Heathcote, Junxu and Milkins. Only to get Tom Ford in a final. You couldn't ask for a nicer route.

I'm going to give both players to hit 2+ centuries a go in this mach also. I do think we'll see atleast 16-17 frames and the bet although the bet i'd really like is Wilson to win and hit 2+ centuries, I've yet to see it so at 9/2 (in my mind) I'm betting on Carter to hit a couple, too. One thing Carter is doing well is score heavily when he's in.

4pts K.Wilson (-1.5 frame handicap) to beat A.Carter evens bet365
2pts Both players 2+ centuries 9/2 skybet

1 hour ago, 888888 said:

I also took Wilson -1,5 frame (prior to reading your post) , hopefully it will be a winner.

Yesterday apart from the fact that Allen was atrocious i thought Ding was actually very good so i'll keep my eye on him for the rest of the tournament.

Yeah, he was to be fair. I think it was 9 50+ breaks and a century. If Wilson gets through then he'll have a tussle on his hands.

Tomorrows match is Murphy taking on Milkins. A good chance for Murphy to get some revenge over Milkins, I suppose after Milkins took the Welsh Open. I was happy for that result of course as I had Milkins but in general Murphy has been awesome for a while now. There isn't any value in backing him tomorrow and although it's tempting to take him on the handicap because Milkins looks to be on the decline with his form, I still think it's best to go with Murphy centuries.

If we look at Murphy after that Welsh Open, he went and won the Players Championship. He won three 'best of 11' matches. He didn't score a century against Selby in that 6-3 win but Selby is a good tactical player and his game is pretty much made up of good defensive play. After that he beat Day 6-0 with 4 centuries and Kyren Wilson 6-2 and scored another 2 centuries. When he got to the final he beat Carter in a 'best of 19' final. Won 10-4 and hit 5 centuries. 

What's important here for me is that he scores well. We all know that but he scores well more often when he plays attacking players. Carter, Kyren Wilson, Day. He faces Milkins tomorrow. A player who is all out attack constantly and probably takes on too much for his own good.  I don't think we can look too much on that final because it was a final and it was a bit scrappy. I think tomorrow we'll see a Milkins who goes for everything and with qualification already guaranteed for the World Championships, i think he'll see this event as a bonus for him.  

Anyway, I'm going on too much now. 2 bets for me on this one : I think we'll see atleast 3 centuries for Murphy tomorrow. the bet on 4 is just a bonus bet if he goes on a rampage in the first session. 

4pts Murphy to hit 3+ centuries 11/4 skybet
2pts Murphy to hit 4+ centuries 17/2 skybet

I'll also add this bet tomorrow. 

Murphy hit a 143 in his defeat against Cahill last week. He hit a 140 in the previous round and breaks of 141 and 145 in the final of the Players. He has already hit a 147 this season in the win over Daniel Wells at the Welsh Open. In which he also hit a 145. This was only a month ago. Milkins also despite his recent form being perhaps low par has also hit a 147 this season in the QF of the German Masters against Wakelin. He has also hit a 146 this season.

So both players have hit a 147. Both are wide open players who attack and score well. 22/1. I'll have a half point on that.

0.5pts 147 in the match 22/1 bet365

24 minutes ago, 888888 said:

I was thinking of going Murphy -2,5 but odds are too low at 1,70 , and the handicap -3,5 is i feel a bit too risky ;

if Murphy wins the 1st frame i might bet live Milkins +4,5

Yeah, I think the handicap doesn't really represent any value. If Milkins comes out just going for everything and missing then you can gauge where it's going. If he looks like he is focused and has the right concentration levels then we could see a real great match. This one could be 10-2 or 10-9