Tennis Tips - July 25 - July 31

10 minutes ago, neilovan said:

Not making excuses. I was in USA for 7 weeks. Went to see family. If I had watched ITF tennis all day I would have looked like an unsociable tool. USA has an inbred way of showing sports. Must show the Americans in action, rather than interesting or the best players. I didn't know aboout  the ITF stream so  could not watch what I didn't know.

Ok? So? That makes you a loser in the long run. And you're betting on these small events expecting every big favourite to win and you come with excuses like this and does it make you win more in the end or less? I think you're losing pretty heavily and you don't seem very experienced either and you're not willing to listen to other members and you think people who critizise you are insulting you.

6 hours ago, neilovan said:

No, I disagree with you. The majority of your decision should be based on the experienced professional, who didn't get to be highly ranked by fluke..

A player ranked 175 is there for a reason, and you can't really base the majority of your decision on a rank outsider. The top players should win from these situations ... that's why they are top players. Where exactly are you going to watch #177  Selekhmeteva  playing? They don't have ITF and woman's low level on TV here ( or in most other countries as well).

As for "knowing what is going to happen", I am just applying what I believe is a best "guess" based on my knowledge of the game, and looking at stats. If you have a source of 100% accuracy please let me know.

Common now, I think we should all know enough about this sport to agree that ranking does not necessirily determine outcome. In fact, it does not determine outcome which is why the bookies remain firmly in business. There are a good number of lowly ranked players who are more talented than a number of highly ranked players but just lack consistency. Also some are just lowly ranked because they kind of play the game part-time like Kyrgios who only shows up late in the season. In my opinion ranking only becomes distinctive in the top 10 and around the fringe. Anything outside that bracket referring to 20-100+ might just come down to player match-ups and who is better on the day. Every player is ranked provisionally in the tipsters head and that is why you would not expect an experienced tipster to allow the ranking number influence his judgement. I was quite shocked you made the statement above pertaining to how on earth a player ranked 45 could lose so badly to another ranked 170. Additionally we also know that not all matches end up as competitive as we expect them to. Some players just come disinterested and go ahead to tank. A few of them might cheat in betting influenced games while some might just be moody on the day and not feel like even being there. There are endless reasons which can easily explain why a lower ranked player can beat a higher ranked player in various scenarios.

3 hours ago, liquidglass said:

Common now, I think we should all know enough about this sport to agree that ranking does not necessirily determine outcome. In fact, it does not determine outcome which is why the bookies remain firmly in business. There are a good number of lowly ranked players who are more talented than a number of highly ranked players but just lack consistency. Also some are just lowly ranked because they kind of play the game part-time like Kyrgios who only shows up late in the season. In my opinion ranking only becomes distinctive in the top 10 and around the fringe. Anything outside that bracket referring to 20-100+ might just come down to player match-ups and who is better on the day. Every player is ranked provisionally in the tipsters head and that is why you would not expect an experienced tipster to allow the ranking number influence his judgement. I was quite shocked you made the statement above pertaining to how on earth a player ranked 45 could lose so badly to another ranked 170. Additionally we also know that not all matches end up as competitive as we expect them to. Some players just come disinterested and go ahead to tank. A few of them might cheat in betting influenced games while some might just be moody on the day and not feel like even being there. There are endless reasons which can easily explain why a lower ranked player can beat a higher ranked player in various scenarios.

I'm not betting on ranking.

My point is that on a 1 set shoot out, a much higher ranked player, with more experience, more proven (as opposed to potential) ability, who has won the 2nd set and has match momentum, and is serving 1st in the 3rd set should be able to make those advantage's count, and win the 3rd set, more often than losing it.

Cornet - Noskova Prague Open : 8 points win Noskova @ 3.00 Bet365 and 2 points correct score Noskova to win 2 sets to 1 @ 6.50 Bet365.

Last years French Open winner on home ground today will be a formidable opponent today imo.

She's "warmed up" nicely for this tournament with a couple of low level titles recently and I think the bookies have underestimated her chances here.

Good Luck all ?

5 minutes ago, yogg said:

Cornet - Noskova Prague Open : 8 points win Noskova @ 3.00 Bet365 and 2 points correct score Noskova to win 2 sets to 1 @ 6.50 Bet365.

Last years French Open winner on home ground today will be a formidable opponent today imo.

She's "warmed up" nicely for this tournament with a couple of low level titles recently and I think the bookies have underestimated her chances here.

Good Luck all ?

Hi Yogg,

I like that pick. I think Noskova did quite well against Radacanu in the main draw this year.  I think she won 1st set, and then got a little impatient on the big stage.

I've cleaned up the thread somewhat, and I was particularly disappointed by some of @neilovan's word usage, plenty of stuff that doesn't really belong to a discussion, no matter how heated it might be. Let's keep the hatred down, please, and keep the picks coming.

Myself, I fancy Noskova (+1.5 sets) to beat Cornet at 1.73 with Unibet. Big game and Cornet can easily crack. Agree with @yogg.

22 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

I've cleaned up the thread somewhat, and I was particularly disappointed by some of @neilovan's word usage, plenty of stuff that doesn't really belong to a discussion, no matter how heated it might be. Let's keep the hatred down, please, and keep the picks coming.

Myself, I fancy Noskova (+1.5 sets) to beat Cornet at 1.73 with Unibet. Big game and Cornet can easily crack. Agree with @yogg.

I haven't been here for a while and was shocked to read some of the comments made in this thread which, in the past, has been a very friendly place to be.

CP, Four-Leaf and LiquidGlass are legends to me and should be respected imho.?

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

That is fine, no problem,  but the simple fact is I never started the abuse with anyone. If someone wants to dump on you,  must you just take it? I never have and I never will ... 

3 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

A bit funny that Noskova is 1.40 to beat Hibino after the latter beat Krejcikova today.

I actually disagree. Krejcikova beat herself rather than Hibino winning. Noskova is on the up whilst Hibino - regardless of beating Krejcikova - is going the other way. Rankings are not the only story, but they do tell you something and Hibino is ranked where she is because she's done nothing on the main tour for some time now.

9 hours ago, MinellaWorksop said:

Been sifting my way through the qualifier games on the WTA and I have two ladies who I have selected from San Jose:

WTA San Jose

Asia Muhammad 2.50

Grace Min 3.40

Prices Bet365

2 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Can you explain what's special about Min?

I can see Grace beat Volynets in 2020 in Newport beach but Katie is better than she was back then so I don't see what's the deal here with betting on Grace?

9 hours ago, four-leaf said:

I can see Grace beat Volynets in 2020 in Newport beach but Katie is better than she was back then so I don't see what's the deal here with betting on Grace?

Hi FL, I'd like to give you a real in depth answer to your fair and valid question. Though I will be the first to hold my hands up and say I watch very minimal tennis. It mainly came down to price and the fact that when I looked through both players recent results profiles (last 6 or 7 competitions) and neither player had been progressing far in their respective competitions. This as well as Min had last her last few matches 2-1 which rightly or wrongly and maybe even naively said to me that Min has been competitive in her losses and not a complete forlorn hope at the price she was going off at.

I think the main point I'm making here is, I am most definitely new to betting on the sport of tennis and I am just enjoying the journey of exploring the player profiles angle and see where it takes me. I am never going to be a guy who watches copious amounts of tennis so if anyone is following my selections they should definitely know that and bet accordingly.

There are far more wiser minds on here who have a superb knowledge of the sport like yourself, @Torque @CzechPunter @matrixman and a few others whose names I forget off the top of my mind to mention (apologies) whose posts I have read that has inspired me to explore the tennis betting world.

Hope that kind of answers your question in a long rambling way mate lol.