PDC World Championships 2022

Fader

1 hour ago, four-leaf said:

I think Soutar has done his job well thus far but his campaign ends at the hands of J de Sousa. Honestly can't see him having mutch more to ask of himself.

Yeah, De Sousa should win that one without too much fuss. 

Cross wins the match double for a 6.5pt profit. Heta really should have won the 180 bet with a  5-1 lead and to then lose it 6-5 is pretty poor but nevertheless onto this afternoon. 

De Sousa Vs Soutar
Chizzy Vs Humphries
Aspinall Vs Rydz

It's quite close to kick off now but I'm going to take De Sousa to win and hit the match treble. I think the double of De Sousa to win and hit the most 180s looks to be a very likely outcome (8/11) but I'm going to take a risk on the treble. In the Chizzy Humphries match, if Humphries turns up then he has a great chance here.  The third match is very intriguing. It will depend on what Aspinall turns up because he was awful in his last match and Rydz was brilliant. If Rydz keeps his average around the late 90s then he has such a good chance here and I think it's worth a punt.

JUST HEARD that Chizzy is also out of the tournament and so HUMPHRIES receives a BYE

2.5pts De Sousa to win, most 180s and highest checkout 17/10
3pts Rydz to win and hit most 180s 10/3 paddypower

Evening session : 

Anderson Vs White
Price Vs Van Duijvenbode
Clayton Vs M. Smith

I like Anderson in the first. I would have thought that alot of players are thinking they have a great chance here as people are dropping like flies with the Coronavirus. I think Anderson comes through this match. White doesn't tend to go too deep in the big TV tournaments and is more of a floor player, in the past. I'll take Anderson to win and hit the most 180s. 

In the 2nd match Price takes on Van Duijvenbode. I thought DVD was rubbish in the first couple of sets against Ross. Ross really threw that match away but Price wont let that happen here and the simple bet is for Price to win but DVD to have the most 180s.

Third match is Clayton for me. Smith was awesome in his first match and to be fair he was decent enough in the last match but there was some frailties there with the doubling again and I think aslong as Clayton scores well enough he should come through it. 

4pts Anderson to beat White and hit most 180s 6/4 paddypower
4pts Price to win / DVD Most 180s 6/4 paddypower
--------------------------------------------------------
2pts Anderson win and most 180s / DVD -1.5 180 handicap / 7+ 180s each (Clayton Vs Smith) 10/1 paddypower

Worlds +112.50pts

Been watching all of the darts but today's match between De Sousa and Soutar was just a pile of garbage. De Sousa threw so badly it was unbelievable. That match was simply bizarre. Cost me a packet, and screwed up 6 bets. De Sousa just has to play half decently to win 4-1 here.

Best 2 matches quality wise (for me) have been the Price v Huybreechts and Rob Cross v Darryl Gourney. The most devastating play , again my opinion was Peter Wright. That performance against Heta was insane. That was like a steam roller. If he plays like that, nobody can live with him.

Only match I like for tonight is Mervyn King, who I think wins easily.

1 hour ago, neilovan said:

Been watching all of the darts but today's match between De Sousa and Soutar was just a pile of garbage. De Sousa threw so badly it was unbelievable. That match was simply bizarre. Cost me a packet, and screwed up 6 bets. De Sousa just has to play half decently to win 4-1 here.

Best 2 matches quality wise (for me) have been the Price v Huybreechts and Rob Cross v Darryl Gourney. The most devastating play , again my opinion was Peter Wright. That performance against Heta was insane. That was like a steam roller. If he plays like that, nobody can live with him.

Only match I like for tonight is Mervyn King, who I think wins easily.

King is tomorrow I believe. 

The 6/4 on Anderson comes in but quite surprisingly the bet on DVD most 180s didn't. I really thought that would come in. It also screws up the treble ofcourse. Means a -4pts lastnight. We will know the full list of Quarter finalists tonight. We already know one (Smith Vs Price) after Clayton kinda threw it away in an epic match. Onto the afternoon session then :

Ray Smith Vs King
Soutar Vs Rydz
Dobey Vs Humphries

You would think that King would steamroller Smith but Smith actually has the better average in their last 2 matches. Smith has been really good and annoyingly beat Hempel, a huge priced pick from me to win the Quarter. I think Hempel would have had a better chance here against King but I just think Smith is so so inexperienced at this stage that surely the moment will get to him at the big points? If he hits another 92ish average (like the last 2 matches) then he has every chance. I just wonder if this will be close. King isn't hitting the 180 like he normally does and at 4/1 I think Smith is worth a shout.

Soutar then takes on Rydz. Rydz is the only player in the tournament I believe that hasn't lost a set. He was helped by an injured Aspinall but you can't deny that it was an awesome performance and so was the win over Dolan. Meanwhile Soutar beat a De Sousa who scored an 83 average and still got to a deciding set. It was a real lack of quality. At some point you would expect the moment to get to Rydz but for now I'm hoping he rides this wave to the Quarter Finals. Saver point on Soutar winning another decider if the moment gets to Rydz.

The final afternoon match is a vastly underplayed Dobey and Humphries. Both of these got byes into this round and I expect it to be a real nervy match. More so for Dobey as Humphries has made the Quarter Finals a couple of times already at the Worlds. I have Dobey in some pre-tournament bets but I think Humphries comes through here. Dobey looked nervous even in his last match and had to come back against Rusty. He did manage to up his average to 92 but with similar averages between the pair, I think experience wins it.

5pts Rydz to beat Soutar and hit most 180s 11/10 paddypower
2pts Ray Smith (Most 180s) Vs King 4/1 paddypower
1pt Soutar to beat Rydz 4-3 9/1 paddypower
--------------------------------------------------
1pt afternoon accy - Smith +1.5 sets / Rydz to win and most 180s / Humphries -1.5 sets 9.5/1 paddypower
1pt day accy - Rydz to win and most 180s / Cross to win, most 180s and highest checkout / Wright to win and most 180s 16/1 paddypower

Worlds +116pts

Poor afternoon thanks to the lack of 180s from Rydz. Smith covered the handicap but 2-2 on the 180s ruins todays bets for a -10pts

Evening session :

Wade Vs Kleermaker
Anderson Vs Cross
Wright Vs Searle

The first match doesn't interest me much. Kleermaker looked bang average to me in his fall over the line in the last round and Wade has won one match with an 83 odd average to have the chance to get to a Quarter Finals. It's just mad. Into the 2nd match and it's Gary Anderson taking on Rob Cross. I like Cross here and like lastnight, I will again take Cross to win and hit the most 180s. That's also the bet I like for Wright against Searle. Wright started bad against Heta but really turned it on from there and that, along with an awful Heta, allowed him to win with ease.

5pts Cross to win and hit most 180s 9/5 paddypower
2pts Cross and Wright both to win and hit most 180s 15/2 paddypower
-----------------------------------------------------------
1pt evening treble - Wade -1.5 sets / Cross to win and hit most 180s / Wright to win and hit most 180s 9/1 paddypower

Worlds +106pts

5 minutes ago, Fader said:

Poor afternoon thanks to the lack of 180s from Rydz. Smith covered the handicap but 2-2 on the 180s ruins todays bets for a -10pts

Evening session :

Wade Vs Kleermaker
Anderson Vs Cross
Wright Vs Searle

The first match doesn't interest me much. Kleermaker looked bang average to me in his fall over the line in the last round and Wade has won one match with an 83 odd average to have the chance to get to a Quarter Finals. It's just mad. Into the 2nd match and it's Gary Anderson taking on Rob Cross. I like Cross here and like lastnight, I will again take Cross to win and hit the most 180s. That's also the bet I like for Wright against Searle. Wright started bad against Heta but really turned it on from there and that, along with an awful Heta, allowed him to win with ease.

5pts Cross to win and hit most 180s 9/5 paddypower
2pts Cross and Wright both to win and hit most 180s 15/2 paddypower
-----------------------------------------------------------
1pt evening treble - Wade -1.5 sets / Cross to win and hit most 180s / Wright to win and hit most 180s 9/1 paddypower

Worlds +106pts

I know Cross looks great and Anderson pretty mediocre (so far), but I checked their h2h and it currently stands at 9-1(!) in favor of Anderson. I feel that the value is on Gary tonight...

9 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

I know Cross looks great and Anderson pretty mediocre (so far), but I checked their h2h and it currently stands at 9-1(!) in favor of Anderson. I feel that the value is on Gary tonight...

Not for me but anything can happen. Anderson hasn't been practicing much and his scoring and averages have shown that. It very much looks like a game built of muscle memory at the moment.

So many variables. If Anderson plays like he did against Lewis then perhaps some value. If Cross plays like he did against Barney then every chance for Anderson but Cross has hit 99 averages in the last 2 and hit a ton of 180s.

19 minutes ago, Fader said:

Not for me but anything can happen. Anderson hasn't been practicing much and his scoring and averages have shown that. It very much looks like a game built of muscle memory at the moment.

So many variables. If Anderson plays like he did against Lewis then perhaps some value. If Cross plays like he did against Barney then every chance for Anderson but Cross has hit 99 averages in the last 2 and hit a ton of 180s.

I know, and I acknowledge of course that he's the favorite for all the reasons you mentioned. Their h2h though, it doesn't concern you? Very lopsided. Also, Cross has hit impressive averages as you say and many many 180s, but this could very well prove to be his peak at this year's World Championships. 

To be honest Gary did not look good at all. He was about the get whitewashed but Ian White failed on a match dart and went down on his knees like it was his one and only chance. And from now on Ian just did not play good enough. Even in the match interview Gary said Ian buckled under pressure.

I watched Rob Cross as well to me he looked amazing. Actually he is my fav to win it all. He did 5 100+ checkouts and was amazing at covering shots especially at T18s. He looked deadly.

30 minutes ago, gg-77 said:

To be honest Gary did not look good at all. He was about the get whitewashed but Ian White failed on a match dart and went down on his knees like it was his one and only chance. And from now on Ian just did not play good enough. Even in the match interview Gary said Ian buckled under pressure.

I watched Rob Cross as well to me he looked amazing. Actually he is my fav to win it all. He did 5 100+ checkouts and was amazing at covering shots especially at T18s. He looked deadly.

Yes but that's the point... I mean, if the obvious outcome was so easily confirmed in sports, then nobody would have a job. We would all make money by betting. 

Ofcourse the old Gary could turn up, you can only go on recent form really and hope it continues. H2h is a worry but I think only way cross loses is it he turns to mush. That’s where experience comes in. I said pre white Anderson match that white isn’t used to the latter stages and he showed it. Meanwhile when gurney came back at cross he stepped it up. 

1 hour ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Yes but that's the point... I mean, if the obvious outcome was so easily confirmed in sports, then nobody would have a job. We would all make money by betting. 

You are right.

I love Gary but I just don't trust him. He is older, he is playing back to back while Rob has rested one day between. Also he's pulling down a little hence his 180s are fallen a lot. He was a machine at T20 not so much anymore. So it makes him vulnarable a lot and I don't believe he is going to turn them up suddenly.

But he is a champion and you can never underestimate a champion here.

Let's see :)

terrible from Cross. Anderson bang on it. Anderson currently 98 average and 4 180s, 3 100+ checkouts and a 170. Steamrolling a rather dross Cross, on just 88. Good call on the head-2-head. Watch Anderson play like that until the final and then hit a 85 average against Price in the final lol. 

Happy new year all. Today's lineup :

Wade Vs King
Humphries Vs Anderson
Wright Vs Rydz
Price Vs Smith

Wade has made it to the Quarter Final without one 180. I think It's worth going for King to win and hitting the most 180s. Wade had a decent performance in his last match but much like the Anderson/Cross h2h, King happens to have a great h2h against Wade too. Humphries takes on Anderson in the 2nd match. Anderson looked much better against Cross, although helped massively to an awful performance from Cross. I think Humphries is abit of value but it's not something I'm wanting to go for as a single bet.

I would love to see Rydz beat Wright and win the Quarter bet here but I honestly think Wright wins and also hits the most 180s. I think Wright has got to this point with ease, much like Rydz, and I'm hoping that Rydz gives a real performance here. 

2pts King to beat Wade and have the most 180s 9/4
4pts Wright to beat Rydz and get most 180s 5/4 paddypower
4pts Wright and Price to both win 7/4 paddypower
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt 4-fold King to beat Wade and most 180s / Humphries / Wright to win and most 180s / Price 24/1 paddypower

Some top quality stuff last few days. Kinda gutted that Rydz was so close to hitting the 20/1 quarter bet but Wright came in with a win and most 180s. Small loss on the day. I think I'm going to take Wright to win and hit the most 180s again. Wright looks the most likely winner for me now as a former champion.  Smith hitting most 180s in his match is about asmuch as a guarantee as you'll see and so if you we think Smith and Wright go through to the final, I'll take the double

5pts Wright and Smith to win and both hit most 180s 3/1 paddypower
2pts Wright and Smith to win, most 180s and highest checkout 15/2 paddypower

Final is here then. Wright takes on Smith. Both players have a similar average throughout this tournament and similar stats throughout. Wright has the better head-to-head and I think he wins tonight, purely because I think the only way he wins tonight is by a big margin. Smith has much scar tissue when it comes to getting to the latter stages and losing and although he has been really good with his checkouts, I wonder if he still hits them in a big final.

I think it's worth taking the 3/1 on Wright having most 180s. There are going to be 180s galore tonight but I don't think it's more than 50/50 on who gets the most.

4pts Wright to win, each player to throw 12+ 180s, each player 3+ 100+ checkouts 6/4 paddypower
4pts Wright to have the most 180s 3/1 paddypower
4pts Wright 17+ 180s, Smith 15+ 180s, Wright 3+ 100+ checkouts, Smith 2+ 100+ checkouts 5/2 paddypower
1pt 33+ 180s, 12+ 100+ checkouts, 3+ BULL finishes 16/1 paddypower