** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PDC World Championships 2022

Fader

Evening Session :

Noppert Vs Heaver
Clemens Vs Williams
Cross Vs Van Barneveld
Dobey Vs Rusty Rodriguez

I have to get through these fast as I'm out for the next couple hours. I'll take Noppert to beat Heaver. I reckon he may hit the match treble too. Heaver beat Mathers but only managed 2 180s and an 84 average. I think Noppert wins 3-0/3-1. Williams has every chance against Clemens. Williams scored decent with a 93 average and 3 180s in his last match and Clemens CAN be inconsistent so there is a small chance on Williams coming through.

I think Cross beats Barney. Barney had a really good performance in the win over ilagan but he only managed 2 180s and I think Cross with the most 180s is the bet for me here. Finally, Quarter tip Dobey gets his tournament underway and has Rusty Rodriguez. It's a tough match for Dobey but I'm hoping he turns up. 

3pts Noppert to beat Heaver, hit most 180s and highest checkout 2/1 paddypower
3pts Cross to beat RVB and hit most 180s 2/1 paddypower
2pts Williams to beat Clemens 5/2 paddypower
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt 4-fold - Noppert to win and hit most 180s / Cross to win and hit most 180s / Willaims 14/1 paddypower

52 minutes ago, Fader said:

Absolutely dross from both of them. Suljovic there for the taking but by the looks of Soutar hasn't the stones to take advantage.

2 missed darts to win. Now Mensur throwing to win the match. Can see Soutar is a part-timer.

Horrific from Suljovic. 2-0 and cruising, throws for 3-0 gets broken and then his game just falls apart. And even then he should have won - threw for the match twice in the deciding set. It's remarkable to me that he's ranked where he is. His action is so jerky and never seems to be far away from breaking down and when it does, usually as a match progresses, the consequence is loss of control of the darts which leads to lower scoring and double trouble.

2 minutes ago, Torque said:

Horrific from Suljovic. 2-0 and cruising, throws for 3-0 gets broken and then his game just falls apart. And even then he should have won - threw for the match twice in the deciding set. It's remarkable to me that he's ranked where he is. His action is so jerky and never seems to be far away from breaking down and when it does, usually as a match progresses, the consequence is loss of control of the darts which leads to lower scoring and double trouble.

wont be for long though. The rumour is that he isn't into the Darts no more. He isn't practicing half asmuch and reason for the poor technique is he suffered with Yips for years hence the switch of style. His leaning just doesn't help him for consistency does it? I'm not sure we'll see him for much longer. 

2 single wins today. The 18/1 treble all was on Lowe, who went 2-0 up in sets but predictably lost 3-2. Even at 2-0 you could see he was going to bottle it so atleast it was an easy bet on De Sousa at 2-0. 1 180 short for both Lowe and Heta for the 4-fold, too.

+9pts. 

24 minutes ago, Torque said:

Difficult to feel too aggrieved about the treble I guess @Fader After all, it was only live until the last leg because Suljovic couldn't convert 2-0. Soutar's recovery was in your favour, De Sousa's wasn't. At least you had Soutar as a single and not Lowe.

Yeah, what annoys me about it was I had another 4-fold with De Sousa -1.5 too lol. Had to be 3-2.

Afternoon session :

R.Smith Vs Van Duijvenbode
M.Smith Vs O'Connor

Hempel Vs Ray Smith

Smiths galore tonight and we start with pre-tournament Quarter pick, Ross Smith, taking on Dirk Van Duijvenbode. If we was going solely off the previous match form then you would most certainly favour Ross, who looked very good against Bunting but unfortunately it never seems to go that way and I think the "safest" bet would be to take the Overs in the 180 market. I would very surprised if there isn't lots of sets and lots of 180s here. 

Next up Michael Smith takes on Willie O'Connor. O'Connor is a good player on his day and can upset the market here but I just don't see it and I think we'll see another good performance from Michael. I'm going Smith to win and hit the most 180s. I'm also taking that bet on Florian Hempel, another pre-tournament Quarter punt. Hempel was just brilliant against Van Den Bergh but his form will most certainly dip alittle here. The question is, will it be enough to be Ray Smith. 

4pts Over 15.5 180s (R.Smith Vs DVD) evens paddypower
6pts M.Smith to beat O'Connor and hit the most 180s 4/6 paddypower
-------------------------------------------------------
1pt combined day accy - Over 15.5 180s DVD/Smith / M.Smith win and most 180s / Hempel win and most 180s / Clayton win and most 180s 10/1 paddypower

3 hours ago, Fader said:

once again pretty unfair they just roll out a sudden death leg where the same thrower goes first at 5-5. No real different to going to 3. Should go on until somebody wins by 2. Nonsense.

They throw at the bull before the game and the organisation doesnt want a isner-mahut scenario ?

11 hours ago, bouver said:

They throw at the bull before the game and the organisation doesnt want a isner-mahut scenario ?

Ha, just think for the big one more is needed. Maybe a penalty type scenario where after certain amount of legs they have 3 darts at a double each or something 

1 win out of 2 yesterday for a point loss. Afternoon session today :

Lennon Vs King
Searle Vs Noppert
Cullen Vs Kleermaker

I think King, Searle and Cullen go through but the only bet for me is Cullen to win and hit the most 180s and highest checkout in his win. The other bet I'll take is a 3-fold over the afternoon. King didn't look that great against Joyce but I think he will raise his game against Lennon. Lennon scored so well in his last match and would need much the same. I think Searle beats Noppert. Noppert looked poor in the opening set and came back into it but Searle will have more when needed in my opinion.

4pts Cullen to beat Kleermaker, most 180s and highest checkout 6/4 paddypower
1pt Lennon (Most 180s Vs King) / Searle (-1.5 sets) Vs Noppert / Cullen (Win/Most 180s/Highest Checkout) 9/1 paddypower

Another disappointing set of matches then. Real awful Darts from Joe for too much time. Few of these players are just cannon fodder for the latter rounds.

Cross Vs Gurney
Wright Vs Heta
MVG Vs Dobey

I'm going Cross to beat Gurney and hit the most 180s. I thought he was unlucky not to get the most against Gurney but he just didn't turn up for the first set. Heta didn't hit many 180s in his last match but surely he steps up tonight and starts scoring better otherwise it wont last long. Whoever wins this match has a pretty straight forward match in Kleermaker so it's a nice tie. Finally, MVG takes on Dobey. Hopefully Dobey turns up and if he does he has the ability to win. Too many times though it doesn't happen ofcourse. 

5pts Cross to beat Gurney and most 180s 2/1 paddypower
2.5pts Heta to hit the most 180s Vs Wright 17/10 paddypower
--------------------------------------------------
1pt treble - Cross to beat Gurney and most 180s / Heta most 180s Vs Wright / Dobey +2.5 sets 12.5/1 paddypower