** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

PDC World Championships 2022

Fader

Tonight's action

Woodhouse Vs Wilson
Rusty Rodriguez Vs Robb
RVB Vs Ilagan
Wade Vs Kuivenhoven

We kick off with Woodhouse taking on Wilson. I like Woodhouse as a player but he is very inconsistent. In the Super Series we've seen him hit 100+ averages and then go out the next round with a 78-80 type average so he is a vulnerable favourite tonight. I do think he wins though, but it's not something I'm looking to get stuck into. I think the other 3 favourites win though and I'm happy to take PP boost on Rusty, RVB & Wade.

4pts Wade, RVB and Rusty all to win 6/4 paddypower
4pts Rusty (-1.5 sets) to beat B. Robb evens paddypower
------------------------------------------------------
1pt accy - Woodhouse / Rusty -1.5 sets / RVB win and most 180s / Wade -1.5 sets 8/1 paddypower

Two sessions today. Afternoon session comprises of the following :

Williams Vs Shibata
Lowe Vs Larsson
King Vs Joyce
Chizzy Vs De Decker

I like Lewy Williams. He is a decent player but he's too short a favourite today. Shibata qualified for this event with a 7-1 final win over Noge. Noge's only leg was the first leg in which he averaged 115. 4 of the following 7, Shibana hit 100+ average legs and the qualification tournament itself he had a 90 average. That's pretty decent and if he brings that form today we could potentially see an upset. I would say Williams wins but I can't see it being easy. I fancy atleast 4 sets.

Joyce didn't fill me with excitement in his 3-2 win over Benecky. He has 2 good sets but at one point he threw it an 83 average set. I think King turns up today and beats him and I'm taking King to win with the most 180s. Just 3 180s in 5 sets for Joyce, you would expect better scoring than that for both really, here.

5pts Chisnall to beat De Decker and hit most 180s 4/5 paddypower
3pts King to beat Joyce and hit most 180s 2/1 paddypower
2pts King and Chisnall both to win and hit most 180s 9/2 paddypower
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt afternoon 4-fold - Williams to win and hit most 180s / King win and most 180s / Chizzy win and most 180s / Lowe (-1.5 sets) 12/1 paddypower

Into the evening session. Line up is :

Van Der Voort Vs Hunt
M. Smith Vs Meulenkamp

Van Den Bergh Vs Hempel
Petersen Vs R. Smith

A tougher line up to call tonight. Hunt won 3-0 against Krcmar with a half decent 90 average. Van Der Voort though has so much experience now that even his B game would probably reach a 90+ performance and it would mean it's likely going to have to be a much improved Hunt against a very poor VDV. With those things in mind, you'd have to fancy Van Der Voort. Hunt did manage 5 180s in that match so I'm going to keep away from the 180 market.

Smith takes on Meulenkamp. You would fancy Smith to come through that. The 3rd match is the one I want to watch. Pre tournament pick Van Den Bergh takes on pre tournament quarter win Hempel. This match will obviously depend on Van Den Bergh. A 70% Van Den Bergh wins this but anything less than that then Hempel has a chance and could prove a hard nut to crack. Finally probably the most "50-50" match of all of them when Petersen takes on Richard Smith. Dick hit a 94 average in his 3-1 win over Hughes with a doubling scored of over 50%. Petersen is not the Petersen of old so if that level stays there and Petersen doesn't improve then it's really Smith's to lose.

5pts Van Der Voort (-1.5 sets) to beat Hunt 4/5 paddypower
5pts M.Smith to beat Meulenkamp and hit most 180s 4/5 paddypower
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt Evening 4-Fold - Van Der Voort (-1.5) / M.Smith to win and hit most 180s / Van Den Bergh win and hit most 180s / R.Smith 9/1 paddypower

Worlds +75pts

2 more sessions of Darts today as we're into the 2nd round. Here is the line up : 

Searle Vs Borland
Durrant Vs O'Connor
Humphries Vs Rowby Rodriguez
Cullen Vs Williams

Tasty few matches this afternoon. Borland beat Brooks with a sensational 9-darter in their deciding leg and took out a good few 100+ checkouts. He now takes on Ryan Searle, which is a step up in class for sure. Searle is in good form right now and comes off from making the final of the Players Championships, where he lost to a deciding leg. I fancy him to win here and I reckon it's probably worth taking a chance on the match treble. I think he wins and hits the most 180s but the checkout can be very random. 7/4 looks a decent enough price. 

We stick with match trebles when Durrant takes on O'Connor. Part of me is tempted to take Durrant purely because they're offering such a silly price of him winning (5/1) but then when you really look at Durrants results and see he has won like 1 in 25 or something silly like that, his technique has completely broke down and I can only see O'Connor coming through because of that. It will go into the 4-fold.

Humphries takes on Rowby John in the third match. Could be a real exciting match as Humphries tends to save his best performances for this big stage. Rowby won in 10 legs in his 3-0 wins and managed 3 180s in that time. Humphries tends to hit a few 180s too and I would expect this match to go atleast 4 sets. I think the over 8.5 180s looks a good bet. Finally, pre-tournament pick Cullen steps up to play Jim Williams. Cullen tends to hit alot of 180s and I'm going to take him to win and hit most 180s. He has had poor form on the big stage in the past but last year he finally made some strides and made the 4th round and pushed MVG to a deciding set. He beat Clayton in the previous round and hit 31 180s in 3 matches. 

4pts Searle to beat Borland, hit most 180s and highest checkout 7/4 paddypower
5pts Cullen to beat Williams and hit most 180s 4/5 paddypower
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.5pts afternoon 4-fold - Searle to win and hit most 180s / O'Connor to win match and hit most 180s / Over 8.5 180s (Humphries Vs Rowby) / Cullen to win and hit most 180s 10/1 paddypower

4 minutes ago, Torque said:

Agree with your write-up @Fader except for one thing - wasn't it Humphries last year that managed to lose to Lim from 2 sets up in a sea of missed doubles :unsure I wouldn't call that saving your best performance for the big stage.

Quarter Finals of his first PDC World Championships in 2019. Beating Bunting, Van Den Bergh and Cross.  Won the 2019 Youth PDC World Championships. First "challenger" to win a Premier League match on the big stage when he beat Anderson. 2020 made the Quarter Finals again of the Worlds.  and has made the Quarters of both the Matchplay and Grand Prix on the big stage. Come on now, you can't just dig him out for one match. 

2 minutes ago, Fader said:

Quarter Finals of his first PDC World Championships in 2019. Beating Bunting, Van Den Bergh and Cross.  Won the 2019 Youth PDC World Championships. First "challenger" to win a Premier League match on the big stage when he beat Anderson. 2020 made the Quarter Finals again of the Worlds.  and has made the Quarters of both the Matchplay and Grand Prix on the big stage. Come on now, you can't just dig him out for one match. 

That's a fair point, although when you said 'this big stage' I thought you were referring to WC performances only. Two QF's is decent though, but last year was so bad.

4 minutes ago, Torque said:

That's a fair point, although when you said 'this big stage' I thought you were referring to WC performances only. Two QF's is decent though, but last year was so bad.

Premier League is huge stage and alot of the big ranking events are big stage too (normally, covid etc) but most players would take 2 QFs in 3 years. Some top players never even make the QFs. Nevertheless, it's crazy how he lost that match when you think Lim had such an awful average. Part of that is likely that the crowd love Lim, too. 

He does have double issues at times but like I say large majority of the time he performs big stage. All we need is him to score well, which he does so even more frequently. I think he wins but there is no value in him winning the match imo. 

6 minutes ago, Fader said:

Premier League is huge stage and alot of the big ranking events are big stage too (normally, covid etc) but most players would take 2 QFs in 3 years. Some top players never even make the QFs. Nevertheless, it's crazy how he lost that match when you think Lim had such an awful average. Part of that is likely that the crowd love Lim, too. 

He does have double issues at times but like I say large majority of the time he performs big stage. All we need is him to score well, which he does so even more frequently. I think he wins but there is no value in him winning the match imo. 

There wasn't a crowd last year was there?

2 minutes ago, Torque said:

That's the 'great' thing about betting. It gives (last leg of Searle match) and then it takes away (the Durrant 180). :eyes

Yeah, I can't complain. I'm just glad I bet on the single for Searle and left the treble alone (apart from the 4-fold) 

Well it wasn't pretty at times but Cullen comes through with 8 180s (free £16 bet for anybody following the outright bet with PP) and "most 180s" is very much on IF he can keep improving. He needs to sort that first dart consistency out though.

2 single bets won again but no luck on the 4-fold. +9.5pts

Worlds +89.50pts

Evening session :

Aspinall Vs Murnan
Van Duijvenbode Vs Koltsov
Huybrechts Vs Beaton
Whitlock Vs Kleermaker

We'll start with Aspinall against Murnan. I won't beat around the bush in saying I just think Aspinall beats Murnan and likely hits the match treble in doing so. Murnan beat a bang out of form and potentially over-the-hill Paul Lim. Lim hit an 79 average and so did Murnan, with 5 180s in the 5-set match. Aspinall has beaten him both times they've played. I'll take The Asp on the match treble. 

Next an intriguing match up as Koltsov, who had one of the better performances of Round 1, taking on Van Duijvenbode, who has gone off the boil alittle this year. DVD made the Quarters last year and hit 2 170 checkouts and a 96.50 average in the tournament but he's going to have to raise his game from what we've seen of him, this year. Koltsov said after his match that since his Dad has no passed, he can be more open to celebrate and get the crowd involved etc and he definitely did that. It also got under Wattimena's skin, big time. We normally see an average kind of performance after a big one with mid-tier type players and I think despite Koltsov performing to a decent stand we'll see DVD come through. Likely he also has the most 180s in any win.

Third match we see Kim Huybrechts, a quarter winner bet, for me, taking on Steve Beaton. Most people would imagine that this would be Fallon that Kim is playing but Beaton really raised him game and to be honest it's probably a top 3 performance for Beaton that I've seen from him on the big stage. I think his level drops alittle tonight and I really like Kim Huybrechts to come through. You wouldn't say that Kim had a fantastic season last season but he still got to the 3rd round and hit 2 100+ averages along the way, before a 4-2 exit to Ryan Searle. Huybrechts has had a better year in 2021 though and has got to the latter stages of several Players Championship events. I think he edges a close one. A small 1pt punt on the boosted 3-2 Beaton as cover.

The final match is probably the hardest to call. Could go anyway and will depend on what Whitlock turns up. If it's the one that we've seen this year then it could well be an upset on the cards. I think this could do 5 sets too and likely the experience of Whitlock sees him through but a tough match to call. 

4pts Aspinall to beat Murnan, Most 180s and Highest Checkout 5/4 paddypower
3pts DVD Vs Koltsov (both players to hit 5+ 180s) 10/3 paddypower
1pt Beaton to beat Huybrechts 3-2 6/1 paddypower
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt evening Sesh 4-fold - Aspinall to win and hit most 180s / DVD to beat Koltsov and hit most 180s / Whitlock win and hit most 180s / Huybrechts win and hit most 180s 12/1 paddypower

let down by Whitlock. So annoying as I really wanted to go with Kleermaker but I just thought Whitlock would raise his game for this. He lets down the 12/1 4-fold. Aspinall comes through with the 5/4 though and both DVD and Koltsov hit the 5 180s needed for the 10/3. It's also money back for the losing accy.  +13.5pts

The last of Darts before Christmas then. Two sessions. Afternoon session first :

Heta Vs Woodhouse
Dolan Vs Rydz
Suljovic Vs Soutar
De Sousa Vs Lowe

We start with Heta against Woodhouse. Although I think Heta comes through, Woodhouse has it in him to bring a challenge. A 91.50 average in his win against Wilson was decent and he hit 5 180s along the way. Heta beat Woodhouse in a deciding leg the last time they met and infact Woodhouse has also a win against Heta (5-3) in June. One pick I do like is Rydz to beat Dolan. Rydz beat Dolan last time they met 6-3 and he comes into this with a game under his belt already after his 3-0 win over Yamada. He hit a 91 average in that with 6 180s. He has more in his though with bigger tests. Third match looks like a potential banana skin for Suljovic. Soutar has done really well in the Super Series in the pasts and although they're not as frequent this year, he still won his match on Sunday against Portela 3-2. He only managed a shade under 90 in that match but there's going to be some early nerves there and now with that under his belt, perhaps he steps up here. Suljovic is bang out of form and he comes here with little playing time. 

Finally, De Sousa takes on Lowe. De Sousa isn't the animal he was last year and the 180s seem to have dried up a touch. If Lowe can perform today then this is another match we could see an upset. Lowe beat Michael Smith at this stage in the Worlds and he is capable. I would probably say De Sousa if pushed but I think a little pun on Lowe with Rydz and Soutar look a decent chance at 18/1 with PP

5pts Rydz to beat Dolan 11/10 paddypower
5pts Soutar to beat Suljovic 11/10 paddypower
---------------------------------------------------------
1pt Rydz, Soutar and Lowe to win 18/1 paddypower
1pt afternoon 4-fold - Rydz / Soutar / Both players to throw 3 180s Heta Vs Woodhouse / Both players to throw 3 180s De Sousa Vs Lowe 12/1 paddypower

Worlds +103pts