** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Tennis Tips - July 12 - July 18

• 3 weeks later...

Jurij Rodionov to beat Yuichi Sugita at 1.75 with Pinnacle

Here's a favorite I like from tomorrow's round of matches. Rodionov enjoyed a good spell in Stuttgart, while Sugita has 0-2 in this grass court season. Sugita has been pretty poor all year long, in fact, and it seems that his age might be catching up with him. He's 4-10 for the season and Halys was his best win, back in Australia. His serve is a liability as well.

18 hours ago, Heisenberg68 said:

Good odds for Berankis today. Benoit Paire is coming to take 10k and go on holiday . 
We will have to wait until September to see Paire win some matches ?

yé !!! Paire Won match . 

easy for him ?

I'm liking the odds of Gianluigi Mager today.I think he's a player on the up and had a decent showing Vs Kyrgios at Wimby and even though it's a different surface today it's clear to note he also like clay. No reason why Alex Molcan is better than him.

I'd suggest him to win a set pre match and go for good overs if it goes on live.

Will also be backing T Griekspor and Etchverry on the challengers today though I doubt there's good value there from the bookies.GL

@Teodore I think it will take a while still.

Nikoloz Basilashvili to beat Sebastian Baez at 1.64 with Pinnacle

Baez had an easy match against Moutet in the first round, but this could be way different. That's because Basilashvili has been playing well lately and because he has a love affair with this tournament. He's already won it twice, so the motivation should be there. That's a big thing with him and I don't care that he lost in the first round last year. The circumstances were different and he got a R1 meeting with Bautista-Agut, so there you go.

2016 Champions Rio, Brazil

Men's Singles

? Andy Murray (GBR) ??

Women's Singles

? Monica Puig (PUR) ??

My predictions for Tokyo 2021 Olympics:

Men's Singles 

? Alexander Zverev (GER) ??

Women's Singles

? Naomi Osaka (JPN) ??

Predictions just for fun, you know. 

Edited by Foo_Fighter

Well, Basilashvili is off.

Albert Ramos to beat Federico Delbonis at 2.50 with Pinnacle

Taking this one instead. Delbonis had a huge streak not that long ago, but he was bound to go off the boil a bit at some point and this might very well be it. He looked rusty against Zhang and it's no wonder. Ramos, on the other hand, had a bad streak without playing all that poorly, so the hunger will be there. I'd see this as more of a coin-flip than the bookies.

Do you fancy Peter Gojowczyk to beat Jenson Brooksby in straight sets? 

I was impressed with his stats:

Gojowczyk's 1st serve points won vs Mitchell Krueger - 82%

Gojowczyk's 1st serve points won vs Vasek Pospisil - 88(!)%

Grass is Gojowczyk's turf, and he seems to be in good shape, so I'm placing a bet on a straight set victory for the German at 3.65 with Stoiximan (Greek betting company). 

18 hours ago, Foo_Fighter said:

IKR, Brooksby is slightly favored... due to American soil? ? 

I covered this tournament pretty accurate, so here are few words about Newport. Brooksby is 31:5 this season! He is very good player for his age, I thought he is just fast court player like most Americans.. then he came to RG and made it to main draw :D if that isn´t a sign then I don´t know. Maybe his serve is not so strong, but he has good strokes and he doesn´t misses a lot, has good numbers on return points won. I was also impressed by Gojowzyk number on serve, but also aware of Brooksby quality. So this result is no suprise.

Here we have very tricky pairs. Thompson is similar player, better in field than firing aces, but he is older and more experienced. I think he wasn´t tested yet on this tournament (Cressy almost took it to 3rd set) and Brooksby has some chances, but odds are too low.

In other semi-final we have Bublik, who is the best player left here in my opinion. He has strong serve, most powerful strokes. I´m just worried about his mental strength, since he delivered me some bad losses, not caring about result?? Anderson found some good form here, we already know his qualities. Beside high ace numbers he can cover court very well, especially at the net. I wouldn´t trust no one in this match, but Anderson is underdog and maybe worth of try here.

Anderson to win + total games over 22.5 @2.95 with Marathonbet

I am going with Collins to beat Kalinina @1.75 with Pinnacle

Kali may be in top shape and playing well with 30W on clay (30-3) this season but she may be also played too much tennis and fatigue could creep up.  Furthermore her wins were mainly on the "lesser" tour and "lesser" opponents......... only notable win in beating Kerber.

H2H Kali leads 2-1.  Collins won the most recent match in RG. 

Anderson to win + 20.5 games @2.25 with Marathonbet

Yesterday matches went as I predicted. Brooksby won after losing in 2nd set, Anderson was set and break down.. but then turned gear up and won with great game. In finals I bet on man who has much more experience in big matches, but I expect at least one TB and over games in this low line.

Gaio - Vilella 1 @2.17 with Marathonbet

Finals of Todi challenger. Gaio played excellent against Etcheverry yesterday, who was in good form lately. He showed no weakness on his serve, while he made many breaks on oponent strong service game. Vilella had a long match against Brazilian youngster yesterday. He lost second set, otherwise he showed nice form here. I bet on Gaio, who shouldn't be underdog, he has 7 matches in CH finals, while Vilella only 2. Gaio can count on home crowd also.