** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis Tips - June 14 - June 20

• 3 weeks later...

Matthias Bachinger to beat Dalibor Svrcina at 2.00 with William Hill

Let me kick off the next week with a Challenger pick. Svrcina will be playing at home and he's a decently talented junior, fair enough. Even then, I wouldn't have him as the favorite in this match by any stretch. Bachinger was very good last week, losing only to Baez with a 6-7 6-7 scoreline. Before that, he beat two better players than Svrcina in Halys and Kovalik. At odds against, I have to bite.

1 minute ago, Angelindo said:

Hello.

Saw the schedule of hale now. Giron is going to play the qualification against rinderknech, and main table 2h after against pospisil. So, dont understand that. If this is right, rinderknech has all the value tomorrow, right?

The same goes with ivashka

Nikoloz Basilashvili to beat Arthur Rinderknech at 1.84 with Unibet

For some reason, Basilashvili tends to play his very best tennis in Germany. I wouldn't be that keen on backing him early on, but he's made it trough the qualifiers here and that shows that he cares. He lost only against Cilic last week and this will obviously be easier. If he keeps his level from the Simon match, he should be able to get past Rinderknech.

15 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

In the meantime, I'm also shocked by Jack Draper. Beating Sinner and Bublik without dropping a set, that's massive. I saw him once this year in one of the early Challengers and he was absolutely crap!

Two things have helped him. Firstly, the surface. He'll have played on grass plenty, Sinner and Bublik won't have. Secondly, positive variance - winning four tie-breaks in a row requires luck. The other thing to consider is whether beating Sinner and Bublik is that impressive an achievement anyway. Sinner is very one-dimensional and doesn't seem to have much game intelligence, and Bublik is erratic and mentally inconsistent.

6 minutes ago, Torque said:

Two things have helped him. Firstly, the surface. He'll have played on grass plenty, Sinner and Bublik won't have. Secondly, positive variance - winning four tie-breaks in a row requires luck. The other thing to consider is whether beating Sinner and Bublik is that impressive an achievement anyway. Sinner is very one-dimensional and doesn't seem to have much game intelligence, and Bublik is erratic and mentally inconsistent.

Yeah, also he was probably very slow from the blocks. I saw him against Nick Chappell some months ago and he was just terrible. I must get a glimpse of him against Norrie, that's someone consistent and with a lot of motivation as well. Draper beat him last year in an exho, so let's see.

Should be a good watch. Norrie never convinces me, despite his strong season so far and it wouldn't surprise me if Draper beats him. Having said that, it'll be much more difficult to beat Norrie than it was to beat Sinner and Bublik, which is another reminder to be wary of backing players on the basis of ranking and reputation.

6 hours ago, Torque said:

Should be a good watch. Norrie never convinces me, despite his strong season so far and it wouldn't surprise me if Draper beats him. Having said that, it'll be much more difficult to beat Norrie than it was to beat Sinner and Bublik, which is another reminder to be wary of backing players on the basis of ranking and reputation.

You are absolutely right with all you have said. Out of interest I watched Draper/Boblik from beginning to end. I wanted to really see what kind of player that he was. I saw the way he completely pulverized Boblik once ball was in play. He has this very sweet timing on his shots that immediately puts him in charge after two plus hits.. Boblik was never ever able to find his balance to stay in the rallies and always had to revert to lobbing to recover his court positioning. I am not too sure how his game will work out against Norrie as they are both lefties. Norrie is clutch and has a fair amount of grit. Having said that and having considered their only match up in 2020 (7-6 7-6 Draper) it is draper that really looks the value by many miles in terms of the handicap and winning a set. Norrie has already had a superb season even by his own expectations. This Draper will seem another good British prospect in the making for certain. Remember how we suddenly woke up to Norrie after he beat Bautista on clay in a Davis cup tie? Enough said here. 

On 6/16/2021 at 7:00 AM, CzechPunter said:

Nikoloz Basilashvili to beat Arthur Rinderknech at 1.84 with Unibet

For some reason, Basilashvili tends to play his very best tennis in Germany. I wouldn't be that keen on backing him early on, but he's made it trough the qualifiers here and that shows that he cares. He lost only against Cilic last week and this will obviously be easier. If he keeps his level from the Simon match, he should be able to get past Rinderknech.

Congrats!

Did you watch Basilash played yesterday?  In your opinion, what's the chance of Basilash getting one more over Harris today? At least 50-50 or less? 

Attempting another bet today for revenge of the previous loss at 1.5X

Madison Keys -2G to beat Samsonova @ 1.80 with Pinnacle

Samsonova might have beaten 2 strong players, Vondrusova and Kudermetova but they are not strong players on grass like Keys.  Keys will normally win this match and hopefully by more than 2G!

Edited by Robinnho

Berrettini is enjoying a very good season so far. Except of Bublik and Fokina,his defeats are coming from better ranked players: Medvedev,Tsitsipas,Zverev and Djokovic. His record is 26-5 which is pretty decent,i would say.
So far,he didn't show any sign of injury,fatigue problems..

But above all this - he've improved his game. Particulary on backhand side. Before,his bh was very vulnerable. Not even average,but poor. These days his bh is solid. Not solid as his forehand,but it's no longer poor..he is now able not just to hit cross-court bh,but also down the line..also his slice is decent enough..so plenty shots to mix with.. of course his serve and fh are stil his "trademark" shots,very powerful shots..
His footwork is nice, which is very important on grass surface especially

His return shots are no more than average,but i believe that he could 'live' with it..like i said - tough nutt to crack and don't believe anyone will fancy him in draw.

7 hours ago, DrO said:

I forgot to mention.
He has a very good record on grass so far in his career.
(i apologise for my English..it's not very correct)

The only notable error you made is only when you wrote "anyone will fancy him in draw" because you missed to write the "a" as it should be anyone will fancy him in a draw so nothing wrong with your english.