** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Tennis Tips - November 2 - November 8

Sebastian Korda to beat Tomas Machac at 2.15 with Pinnacle

Honestly, I'm not quite sure what makes Machac the favorite here. Sure, he's got a lot of talent, but he hasn't played on a hard court for a while, so he might need some time adapting. Korda was already practicing last week and he got some decent results as well. Also, I think it could be argued that he's the more talented player of the two, with his French Open run being very impressive indeed if you take out the fan-boyism against Nadal. I'm really baffled, honestly, because I'd have the odds the other way around unless I've missed an injury somewhere.

Well, that worked some years back if I recall correctly - since then, they'move moved the ATP Nitto Finals back a week and that's the same this year, isn't it? Djokovic isn't playing either, so I suppose that's fine. Can be a couple of crazy results in Paris though, I agree, it's the strangest Masters of them all and always has been.

Expecting Wawrinka to show some of his quality and beat Evans. Of course, Evans is pretty good on hard, however there is a difference in class between them and, being an ATP 1000 event, there should not be any motivation issues for Stan. @1.50 unibet

P.S. It’s 4:0 for Wawrinka in there H2H so Stan should know how to deal with Evans

Edited by vvararu

On 11/1/2020 at 9:57 AM, CzechPunter said:

Well, that worked some years back if I recall correctly - since then, they'move moved the ATP Nitto Finals back a week and that's the same this year, isn't it? Djokovic isn't playing either, so I suppose that's fine. Can be a couple of crazy results in Paris though, I agree, it's the strangest Masters of them all and always has been.

Kindly elaborate......can this be fingered as a reason for Krajinovics shock loss today?

32 minutes ago, vvararu said:

No, it can not. Krajinovic has no relation to ATP Nitto Finals. And, I would say, his loss is shocking only if you look at the odds. Otherwise, he was unstable in last games, plus Lopez is pretty good on hard. 

Agree. Krajinovic has never been much for consistency.

Agreed on Krajinovic there. Korda got a good win against Machac in the meantime.

Pierre-Hugues Herbert to beat Tennys Sandgren at 1.68 with Pinnacle

The only bet that I like for today and it's not even one that I'm too happy with, so stake carefully. Nonetheless, Sandgren was awful against Vesely last time out, I saw the match and he was lifeless and without fight. He's never been that great outside the United States and he lost to Herbert a few weeks back in Cologne as well. Now, in France, Herbert should be able to get the win again, though it's not likely to be easy.

3 hours ago, vladisimo2 said:

I'd go for evans taking atleast one set against stan, and over18.5 games on humbert-tsitsipas. Interesting news about sandgren there, I ' ll probably add herbert taking  a set against him on my accumulator.

well shoot, evans was close. I swear if the surface was even slightly faster he would have took 1 set.

23 minutes ago, vvararu said:

Trying to understand if you are serious or ironic :)))

I'm serious, I know stan so very well since he's my favorite player and I' ve watched hundreds of matches of his. Evans ALWAYS  posed problems to him , but on this surface you could just se than when it matered most he couldn't produce shots that were powerfull enough to destabilise stan.

6 minutes ago, vvararu said:

Anybody knows anything about Goffin? 

Good odds (~ @1.6 unibet) on him, considering that he is generally a better player and won already Gombos once, but I'm not sure about his health and motivation. No activity on his twitter, nothing... :) 

I'd avoid goffin for now, I don't remember where I've heard or read that he was kind off shook by the whole Corona situation.

7 minutes ago, Robinnho said:

Millman to beat Kecmanovic at 2.33 @ Pinnacles

I think is a 50-50 matchup as Kecmanovic has not played since RG and will be a bit "rusty"

Fatigue would be my concern @Robinnho It's a quick turnaround from the Nur-Sultan final on Sunday. That said, having won that tournament Millman should be full of confidence and could very well roll on.

Some players check out at this stage of the season, to the point that it's hard to understand why they even bother to play. I've noticed over the years that if a player has lost their last three or four matches and the season is about to finish, then there's a good chance they'll continue their losing streak until they're done for the season. Goffin has lost his last four or five matches or whatever it is, so it wasn't a massive surprise to me that he lost - the way he lost the second set tie-break sums it up really, it was as though he'd just had enough and wants to go on holiday.

Luca Nardi to beat Maxime Cressy at 3.34 with Pinnacle

I think this is worth a shot at such high odds. Nardi had a good win today and some promising results in recent times, so he's going to have a go at this. Cressy is the better player of the two by a decent margin, but he's such a glass cannon that he can never be trusted at short odds. He can blow hot and cold, he can go absolutely mad with his volleys and just be way too aggressive overall. Nardi is an opponent that can frustrate him if he remains solid and keeps his cool - and 3.34 is just too much given that scenario.