** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Racehorse Syndicates

• 2 weeks later...

The Owners Group have a new horse being advertised, their first one with Dan Skelton

A 3yo flat horse that used to be trained by David O'Meara called Gylo.

£49 a share and will be going juvenile hurdling.

The latest report on 'our' horse Last Golden Ticket is pretty positive, Donald McCain said he has started 'fast' work and is pleasing him and should be ready to make a plan shortly on where we kick off. My guess is a 2m4f maiden hurdle in the North somewhere. (hopefully)
Apparently you go into a ballot for 3 badges, basically no chance but you can get reduced tickets or something which I dont know much about.
If its pretty close by I'll probably go anyway.

I have joined the Owners Group facebook page and its quite interesting reading some of the posts, as you know i got into this as a bit of an experiment to see how good or not these cheap syndicate deals are.

It turns out that some of the members are fanatics and but shares in all of the horses, its like collecting game cards or something to some of them. One has 17 horses, another has 14 and so on. Plenty of them have already snapped up Gylo today to add to their stable.
I had no idea this type of thing went on, i get it that you might want a couple in case one gets injured etc.. but 17???

Anyway i'll report back when I know something

:ok

• 2 weeks later...

Had a nice 8 minute video sent to my email the other day about Last Golden Ticket.

Donald McCain said he was at the sales and was interested in buying him so was delighted that he was asked to train him by the Owners Group.
Jockey Loran Murtagh is looking after him and said he is very straight forward and improving in fitness all the time.

The McCains have a new sand gallop this season and the trainer says he is still getting used to using it but has found he can do more work with the horses with less time in between. It may be the reason why some of his horses have been winning first time out.

Last Golden Ticket will start off at 2 miles despite what I thought, trainer knows best. Still a slight chance he may run in a bumper but only if he cant find a suitable opportunity over sticks. Surprisingly he reckons he will want a flat track to show his best and probably good ground, so that counts out Carlisle on a wet Monday!!

On a slightly different topic which has cropped up recently.

Some of the owners were discussing Owners Badges for when the horse runs. Apparently anyone can apply to go in a ballot to receive a badge for the day, it depends on the course as to how many are available. It varies from 3 to about 8 i think.
Anyway also you can apply for a reduced owners badge which is allows you the same privileges but does cost something as oppose to being free. Think there are half a dozen of these.

Basically there should be about 10-12 owners in the parade ring and the other night when a horse ran at Southwell there was double that amount and its not the first time its happened. The guy on facebook from the group said he gets into trouble from the course sometimes but feels he cant really do much about it. If the course dont put anyone on the gate to the parade ring then anyone can just enter and say they are with the Owners Group. Why they dont ask to show the badge i'm not sure.

Anyway its caused a bit of a row with some saying the rules of the club forbid anyone to enter the paddock if they didnt get picked out etc....Other are saying they go with their spouses and cant be expected to leave them waiting and others are saying if no-one stops them they just enter and always have done. You know the sort, "its my horse and i'm going in".

The group have just bought 2 more horses, one with Dan Skelton and one with Paul Nicholls, I thinks it a shrew bit of work as they are good xmas presents for some at just £45. The Dan Skelton one is a juvenile hurdler called Gylo which sold out in days. The Nicholls horse is Groovy Kind, a long term project. Oh and a 2yo with Charlie Fellows has just come up, Cable Guy, one for the Newmarket punters.

I saw one guy on FB the other day saying he has 27 horses now, i'm beginning to wonder how i set up one of these syndicates, once you get your audience they just cant stop buying shares!!

• 2 weeks later...

Early Christmas present from the wife

A share in a yearling - CROCODILE ( The Racing Emporium ) Sire Slade Power a July Cup Winner and a Royal Ascot win this year.

Dam Ramamara a two time winner once rated 83

Crocodile has four half brothers who have racked up 8 wins between them.

should be hitting the track next season as a two year old

Cracodile-3.jpg

He is a big lad now mate. Never had so many compliments about his looks. This lady shouts across road the other day "gorgeous! I mean your dog not you" ?? ? 

Just got him where he doesn't react to dogs that kick off at him. Funny how little dogs fancy their chances with big dogs. Used to find that with a lot of little bloke's. Strange. Anyway he just ignores them now (thanks to cheese and loads of praise). Doing OK mate fingers crossed

Seems I now have to join this thread after reading with interest. Totally unexpected but The wife has given me a share in Groovy Kind with Paul Nicholls for Xmas. Either she has been reading my IPad and checking up on me or she is a bit of a mind reader. She claims it just popped up on facebook! Still I look forward to following with interest. Been trying to follow the horses for a while without great success unless I follow a few of you guys on here. No real knowledge to start with. I don’t know how you put the hours in to work out your own ratings.

36 minutes ago, Alley Cat Glover said:

Seems I now have to join this thread after reading with interest. Totally unexpected but The wife has given me a share in Groovy Kind with Paul Nicholls for Xmas. Either she has been reading my IPad and checking up on me or she is a bit of a mind reader. She claims it just popped up on facebook! Still I look forward to following with interest. Been trying to follow the horses for a while without great success unless I follow a few of you guys on here. No real knowledge to start with. I don’t know how you put the hours in to work out your own ratings.

Thats great mate, welcome to the club!

Might be a long term project that Groovy Kind but looks sure to be of interest this time next year. If you renew your share it will be a bit cheaper too as the cost of the horse has been accounted for. Will be well worth it and be interesting to follow his journey, unfortunately patience is the name of the game in this business.

The facebook page is worth following but just be careful of all the moaners who want Gold Cup winners that run every week!!

Donald McCain has said Last Golden Ticket will run in January, very excited now!!

:ok

Yes, totally agree and they are very upfront with it all. Just one thought occurs to me why if her sire was a St Ledger winner has she never been tried on the flat. Dam is a winner in France over Jumps, does that mean more suited to National Hunt? Hopefully be a bit of fun and Nicholls yard is near enough to visit should the chance arise.

Not sure, its looks like they have snapped this one up early before it ran and got too expensive. Cost just under £50,00 if it ran over jumps at 3 in France and did ok it would go for 5 times that amount.

No doubt it could run on the flat if they wanted it to but they obviously see this one as a proper stayer and ultimately would be too slow to reach the top class races on the level.

The new policy now is to buy them before they do anything spectacular, McCain is doing the same up north.

On 12/25/2019 at 7:01 PM, Alley Cat Glover said:

Yes, totally agree and they are very upfront with it all. Just one thought occurs to me why if her sire was a St Ledger winner has she never been tried on the flat. Dam is a winner in France over Jumps, does that mean more suited to National Hunt? Hopefully be a bit of fun and Nicholls yard is near enough to visit should the chance arise.

Any stallion that won over 1m 4f and above will always be geared up to covering NH mares. Breeders wouldn't expect its progeny to be commercial enough, or fast enough, for the flat. Not always justified but just the way the market works.

2 hours ago, Farrier said:

Any stallion that won over 1m 4f and above will always be geared up to covering NH mares. Breeders wouldn't expect its progeny to be commercial enough, or fast enough, for the flat. Not always justified but just the way the market works.

Thanks for your reply, funnily enough not much to do last night and was reading up on this, there is so much out there when you actually stop and read. Learnt quite a bit last night, Masked Marvel has been having quite a good time. None as you say are flat progeny and only a few have so far run, all on the National Hunt side of things. A couple have been successful. Need to look at the dam now then. French horse not sure what is out there. 

A Christmas present sees me onboard with the Racing Emporium (the Easterbys) who are only based 25 miles away so should make a stable visit nice and easy. Shares in Cottam (named for Easterby racing HQ) a two year old gelding they are planning to take into bumpers ahead of a career over the jumps. All a bit of interesting fun really but looking forward to the updates etc.

2 hours ago, TimmyB said:

A Christmas present sees me onboard with the Racing Emporium (the Easterbys) who are only based 25 miles away so should make a stable visit nice and easy. Shares in Cottam (named for Easterby racing HQ) a two year old gelding they are planning to take into bumpers ahead of a career over the jumps. All a bit of interesting fun really but looking forward to the updates etc.

Good luck Timmy, should be fun with the Easterby's if nothing else!!

On 12/25/2019 at 6:11 PM, BillyHills said:

Donald McCain has said Last Golden Ticket will run in January, very excited now!!

Well as promised Donald McCain has entered Last Golden Ticket in a race, and rather surprisingly in a bumper.

Its not certain as the yard has 5 entered but its an indication on what he is thinking at least.

Wrong side of the country for me but just glad he's on the radar, the trainer said he wants decent ground and its God to Soft at present.

Friday 3.35 at Sedgefield.

Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 09.50.54.png

Must be getting close anyway with entries being made. These videos they do are very good and informative and well worth a watch. Have seen LGT’s one. I suppose it could be to see he is properly fit and to give him a good blow before going to hurdles.

With Groovy Kind it seems the dam was a winner over approx 2m 4f in France at Pau I think which as I understand is quite a major course in France so pedigree wise looks a possible. One of Marvels other offspring is over here and ran well at Chepstow in a Class 1 hurdle over Christmas, so you can but hope. Your always looking for Irish or French bred in your trends it seems. This present has already given me so much more than I can remember for the last few years and hopefully will keep giving not sure to get a run this side of April apparently though has now gone to pre training

7 hours ago, Alley Cat Glover said:

Must be getting close anyway with entries being made. These videos they do are very good and informative and well worth a watch. Have seen LGT’s one. I suppose it could be to see he is properly fit and to give him a good blow before going to hurdles.

With Groovy Kind it seems the dam was a winner over approx 2m 4f in France at Pau I think which as I understand is quite a major course in France so pedigree wise looks a possible. One of Marvels other offspring is over here and ran well at Chepstow in a Class 1 hurdle over Christmas, so you can but hope. Your always looking for Irish or French bred in your trends it seems. This present has already given me so much more than I can remember for the last few years and hopefully will keep giving not sure to get a run this side of April apparently though has now gone to pre training

It terrific value isn't it!

I'm really glad you getting involved with the pedigrees and stuff. Yes Pau is a decent track, Auteuil is their 'Cheltenham'.
The top buyers go two ways, its either French bred which where Paul Nicholls/Nicky Henderson gets most of theirs from or obviously the Irish bred which are usually snapped up by Gordon Elliotts gang.
Interestingly Willie Mullins has a ton of French bred hurdlers, he likes them ready to roll and they bypass the point to point route which the Irish bred horses go down.

Just an update , email received yesterday. 

Dear Dramatista owner,

Dramatista is well and Archie is very happy with her.

She is cantering away up Fisher's Hill every day and is due to step up in her level of work next week.

She will work several times in January at home and I expect Archie to want to take her away for a racecourse gallop around the end of the month.

Archie is very happy with her both mentally and in what he is seeing so far on the gallops.

There is a 6 furlong Fillies Novice at Lingfield on February 6th which may come too soon but is a possible starting point for her.

--
Thanks
Nick Bradley
Managing Director
http://www.nickbradleyracing.co.uk

Training update - Re Crocodile

CROCODILE 

Has been getting broken in over the last 6 weeks. He is a very fast learner and we couldn’t be happier with him, he has a lovely stride pattern on him and he is turning into a nice racehorse. He’s not a horse that can be rushed though, we want to take our time, we still believe progress can be made, all being well he will be on the track in the summer. Last year his half brother MARKS CHOICE has won three races including a good 3rd of 19 in the William Hill silver trophy handicap (class 2) 

23 minutes ago, BillyHills said:

Here We Go!!.......Hold Your Breath!!

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 12.41.19.png

Ok, had an email regarding the race on Friday

Not allowed to copy it, against company rules and could face disqualification from the syndicate.

Basically Donald McCain says its the best ground he could find at present, he won his bumper in Ireland on Good to Firm.
He's ready to run and is fit and well. Has to give 7lb away but Brian Hughes rides so they expect a decent run in this class.

OG team reckon they have the Nicky Richards horse to beat but thats stating the obvious.

Timeform
Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 13.15.54.png

Its all your fault @BillyHills  see what you've started ;)

Had a little tickle on HADDAF today and I said to my lad if this wins I'll get us shares in a GG seeing we missed out on Overpriced Mixer , we couldn't agree which one so got a bit carried away , got a bit of loose change left for a bottle of champers if one ever wins :lol:lol:lol

Capture.thumb.JPG.f53d3b0ea39fda1c4cc5991d5518b362.JPG

I am sure we are all looking forward to the year ahead, and with a lovely range of horses to go to war with and work underway to increase the string and selection of trainers, it promises to be an exciting 12 months for sure.

We have 2 of the best bred 2yr olds we have ever had being readied in Lambourn, older horses Born To Finish and The Detainee getting close to being back on the track and Honourmission continuing his progression over hurdle, giving us a nice variety in runners and potentially Arishka going to become our first broodmare and a new hurdler to come in Scotland with Sandy Thomson.

News on Honourmission in the video below, and in the text below the image, and updates on the remainder of the string can also be heard in the video below.

Honourmission will be running in the 1215 at Sedgefield tomorrow, for Sam and Jonathan England over the same course and distance as he won over on Boxing Day. Early betting shows have him around 2/1 joint-favourite and the yard have had an excellent winner today at Catterick, so clearly are in form.

If anyone would like to go along and cheer him on, drop me an email by clicking here and we will do what we can to help.

this is my interest.i have put a couple up before, and honourmission up last time out, hopefully more details in the morning