** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racehorse Syndicates

On 7/1/2020 at 11:37 AM, roger2256 said:

Screenshot_20200701-113519_Chrome.jpg

Quite pleased with that run , jock put a bit of pressure on and she didn't shy away . Got caught close home but think she showed enough to think theres a little handicap in her somewhere, hopefully somewhere south of the border . Now owners and syndicate members are allowed to attend it would be nice to be there when she runs again .

Recieved an hour ago .

Dear Dramatista owner,

Dramatista took a big step forward today and ran a very good race.

She had the worst of the draw but Callum got her out well and travelled strongly on the pace.

Dramatista tanked along in the race and looked to have the measure of the field only to get reeled in by the favourite.

She seemed to enjoy the ground and ran a career best. Sean said after the race that she was around 90% fit today.

I'm a shade concerned that she could get re assessed to a mark higher than 70 next Tuesday without winning. So we may look to get her in a race before her mark is revised. I've spoken to Hugh and he felt we would remain on 70 or take just a small rise.

I've had a look at options for her and the next feasible option is July 14th at Ayr and July 15th at Catterick where there are Novices and Handicaps for her.

I expect her to win next time in similar company, given a further step forward in fitness.

--
Thanks
Nick Bradley

DUTCH DECOY finally gets a declaration on Monday 13th July at Kempton in the 6.10 drawn in stall 9 ? with F.Norton aboard .

WINNER WINNER ??️ ?

Well that was worth the wait , was pushed along from the break stone cold last & flew the last 2f from the outside .

Mark Johnston was saying he wasn't sure if he'd stay the 7f , reckon he'd get 8f easy enough , only downside , I backed Shoot The Moon ( only £1 ) so I could watch the race & missed out on good price winner ?

Edited by calva decoy

My Friend Stan back over 7f tomorrow having not stayed the last twice (this one is easier apparently). Due to be dropped 3lb after his last run, but not for this one! Level weights maiden, others appear better in. Not sure who is learning what yet? Almost seems like a method of dropping down some weight but surely running too soon for that. Several horses could be anything in the race. Two with better form? Place at best I would think and not my money. Any improvement would be good to see. Doesn’t appear to be finishing his races yet.

Dear Dramatista owner,

Dramatista runs today at Catterick and Ben Curtis takes the ride.

Dramatista ran very well last time out and probably just ran into a horse who was destined for black type races when finishing 2nd.

The ground at Hamilton was on the soft side of good and today's ground is on the firm side of good which isn't ideal. I have spoken with Roger's vet re the potential for an injury today and he assures me that now she has a few runs under belt, the risk of injury is no higher than any othjer horse.

I've spoken to another vet for a 2nd opinion, and he told me that the risk is no greater on this ground compared to soft ground but there is a higher risk generally due to her previous injury. So nobody I've spoken too thinks the ground itself represents an increased risk.

Karl tells me his filly showed speed last year when in training and is working okay going into today but I suspect it will need the run over this course and distance which favours horses who have experience.

The favourite hasn't run yet this year so could miss the break or be keen in the early stages and I would much rather take on one horse like her than several 75 rated horses who have shown form this year.

Catterick tends to suit front runners and given our draw I expect us to be in the first two in early stages of the race.

I expect us to finish in the first two today and at 3/1 I think we are overpriced.

--
Thanks
Nick Bradley
Managing Director

My Friend Stan ran a good race to finish 2nd, got 9 lengths closer than last week, but guess that means handicap mark will go up from 72 this week, does that mean he can’t take advantage unless he now gets a quick entry somewhere which probably won’t happen. Still like to see him in a proper 6f race. Does seem to lose it after the furlong to go pole, as most horses do who don’t win!!!

On 7/16/2020 at 7:04 AM, Alley Cat Glover said:

My Friend Stan ran a good race to finish 2nd, got 9 lengths closer than last week, but guess that means handicap mark will go up from 72 this week, does that mean he can’t take advantage unless he now gets a quick entry somewhere which probably won’t happen. Still like to see him in a proper 6f race. Does seem to lose it after the furlong to go pole, as most horses do who don’t win!!!

Totally agree I would like too see him run over 6f doesn't seem to get home over 7f although his last run was encouraging onwards and upwards.??

10 hours ago, Donnyflyer said:

Has anybody looked at racing emporiums latest addition COPPER QUEEN in training with KEVIN RYAN  she looks a lovely mover hopefully will have a good future..

Yep, bought my toe-nail yesterday morning, £59. As you say, she looks a good prospect and apparently is going to be entered in a race in the next few weeks!

Well this sums up Racing and ownership and to a certain degree what this thread was all about in the first place. 

I wouldn't have got to know the ins and outs about this horse and it has taught me a great deal. Its very sad that Last Golden Ticket will not race again but  its nice to know he's in good hands.

I'm sure I will venture into this again soon.

Tha last report

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 17.52.05.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 17.52.11.png

46 minutes ago, BillyHills said:

Well this sums up Racing and ownership and to a certain degree what this thread was all about in the first place. 

I wouldn't have got to know the ins and outs about this horse and it has taught me a great deal. Its very sad that Last Golden Ticket will not race again but  its nice to know he's in good hands.

Tha last report

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 17.52.05.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 17.52.11.png

It's sad when this happens,he had the potential to be a decent animal, I had share in Rainbow Rebel he was the first one I bought into won the old Newton cup then went lame at glorious Goodwood and had to be retired the ups and downs of racing hey..

11 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

What happens to racehorses when they are retired, does the syndicate continue to pay for it's upkeep ?

Some of the healthy ones are re-trained for dressage etc
Some go to charitable foundations or for breeding
A sad but unfortunate part of racing which you wont see on Sky racing / RUK or in the RP or bookmakers advertising and is swept under the carpet so to speak is that a lot of young horses that dont make the grade or long term injury horses who dont qualify for the above are euthanized due to the sheer numbers of them and the cost of keeping them and the age they could possibly live to :(

DUTCH DECOY has been raised 3Lb to a mark of 83 after his winning exploits at Kempton.

Was entered at HQ on Friday but won't be declared , holds 3 more entries 2 on Sunday 135 at York & the 415 at Ascot & then at Ayr in the 200 on Tuesday 28th , hoping for Ascot out of the 3 ?

On 7/21/2020 at 5:52 PM, BillyHills said:

Very sad to read this, but it just goes to show how fragile these magnificent animals can be. It’s good on the other hand that owners group have Equiprep to care for these retired horses and then find them a suitable re homing so they can still have a good life after racing.

It is a good thread you started here and I’m sure you could find another horse either with Owners Group or other similar establishment, if you fancy doing so. I have 6 now and it’s hard not to like some of the others, but cost and the fact that injury never seems far away, not normally on the race course either reading the reports, helps me keep the number down.

On 7/26/2020 at 1:37 PM, calva decoy said:

With 6 entries between Friday 24th July & Wednesday 29th DUTCH DECOY was bound to get an outing .

Tuesday 28th July 2.30 at Ayr class 4 handicap , drawn in stall 5 with P.J.McDonald booked ?

Finished 6th of 9 .

Strange horse , despite winning at Kempton & with today's run he still looks a bit green or doesn't actually likes racing been hard work for Frannie Norton & PJ McDonald despite this he holds another 2 entries this week after being balloted out of tomorrow's race the 4.10 at Goodwood .

He's entered in 240 Newmarket August 1st class 3 handicap over 7f

410 Goodwood class 2 handicap over 7f , I reckon zero chance of a run though will get entry money back if balloted out of Goodwood race.

Had a close look at the race, seems plausible that MFS might well claim a place, looks to be a couple he maybe able to settle in behind, but reading about Musselburgh we have an uphill finish. Now MFS not the best at finishing races off, Rebel Soldier Boy will come late as last occasion. The one that worries me and I feel might well come and win the race is the bottom weight Star of St James has some patchy form but last time finished 4th and would have been closer but for a bit of bumping close home. Now the 2nd and 3rd have already been out and won the 5th was 11-1 last night backed in to 5-1 or shorter before being a non runner tonight at Thirsk. There are also a couple that could come with there race as well and could be in the shake up. My position would be small stake E/W On Star of St James at the available 11/2 with Bet365 with best odds.

Good luck to any OG members who have interest in

250 N.Abb - Parody or

410 Ayr - Proclaimer both running today.

DUTCH DECOY has 2 upcoming entries at Haydock on Saturday 8th August class 3 over 7f & at Chester Monday 10th class 3 over 7.5f , will need some juice in the ground to be declared in either.