** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racehorse Syndicates

Looking forward to see Stan run on Monday, looking at his form how do you judge it, I am a novice at this and am confused already. Not sure of Irish race quality but good tracks and races, 1st race 2nd behind experienced rival drifted under pressure (5f GF). 2nd race 3rd beat the moment jockey went left from stalls? 1st and 2nd went right. Gatwick Kitten beat him 3 1/2 lengths (5f Heavy). 3rd race over 6f (soft to heavy) finished 2nd to decent O’Brien favourite but beat Gatwick Kitten by 3 lengths. 4th race I put a line through too quick turnaround? Soft - Heavy going, not really get a Clear run, eased right up. Now which form would you count as good. To me he looks better than the bare form but is he, does he need cut, does he need 6f? Slade Power seemed to need cut and 6f. Any thoughts appreciated. Not even looked at the opposition yet!

@Alley Cat Glover

Just had a quick look over MFS's past races and none of the opposition he's raced against have gone on to break any pots so to speak,
that's not to say he's a bad un, different trainers bring out different things in horses and you cant say Johnstone doesn't produce the goods  so as it says in the notes this race will give a good idea which direction MFS is going to be aimed.
As for Mondays race , Its just a watching brief for me.

53 minutes ago, Valiant Thor said:

MFS ?
Least said the better about that run.

Declared to run at Wolverhampton 2.10 on Wednesday , getting some good value for your 50 odd £ already , just save your dosh if his run was that bad !

Edited by calva decoy

Admiral Percy runs today at Doncaster in the 1325. 

It's his first run and trainer Julie Camacho thinks he will run green as he is quite excitable. She feels this race is "just for experience" so i'm looking forward to seeing him run. 

From the comments, i think i was being told he will not win and save my money, but as i own a hair on his chin it would be rude not too....wouldn't it?  

Well...not to sure what to make of that. Didn't want to go in the stalls...then didn't want to come out the stalls, then didn't want to run, and i'm not 100% sure he has finished yet ? Will be interested in the trainer comments tomorrow and what and where she goes from here. Oh well, there's always the next race. (was it me, or did it look like he was limping?) 

Edited by LeMale
Race update

1 hour ago, LeMale said:

Admiral Percy runs today at Doncaster in the 1325. 

It's his first run and trainer Julie Camacho thinks he will run green as he is quite excitable. She feels this race is "just for experience" so i'm looking forward to seeing him run. 

From the comments, i think i was being told he will not win and save my money, but as i own a hair on his chin it would be rude not too....wouldn't it?  

Well...not to sure what to make of that. Didn't want to go in the stalls...then didn't want to come out the stalls, then didn't want to run, and i'm not 100% sure he has finished yet ? Will be interested in the trainer comments tomorrow and what and where she goes from here. Oh well, there's always the next race. (was it me, or did it look like he was limping?) 

Looked calm as anything before being loaded , needs a lot more stalls training & I think Mulrennan gave the horse a run out without taking much out of him .

2 more mediocre maiden runs , an opening mark in mid 50's then cash , bang , wallop when hitting the handicaps ?

At least you're having a run , my OG horse Dutch Decoy seems to injure himself every other week ?

11 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

Looked calm as anything before being loaded , needs a lot more stalls training & I think Mulrennan gave the horse a run out without taking much out of him .

2 more mediocre maiden runs , an opening mark in mid 50's then cash , bang , wallop when hitting the handicaps ?

At least you're having a run , my OG horse Dutch Decoy seems to injure himself every other week ?

Cheers Calva, i hope you're right. Also agree with you on how calm he was before loading, i was just gutted i couldn't follow him round cause he was never in shot!!  

Sorry to hear about Dutch Decoy, hope he recovers soon and gets a run-out :hope

ADMIRAL PERCY

• JULIE CAMACHO Tuesday 16 June 2020

Admiral Percy was very disappointing on Sunday [14 June] at Doncaster, where he gave us little encouragement for the future, unfortunately. He was a little reluctant to load into the stalls, but in fairness, as he approached the stalls, the horse next to him reared and gave him a fright. When the stalls opened, rather than jump forward, he sat back and launched himself, losing ground, and from that point Paul [Mulrennan, jockey] said he didn't travel or move well, and he basically followed the others round. Paul also felt he was making a noise, which was surprising as he has always been clean-winded. After the race, he was lame on his near hind leg, and it seems possible that he has hurt himself in the stalls. We will have him checked over as soon as possible, and should have more news for you next week.

• OWNERS GROUP Sunday 14 June 2020

On Sunday 14 June, Admiral Percy finished ninth in the 1.25 at Doncaster, a Class 5 Novice Stakes over 1m4f. Admiral Percy was reluctant to load, which was not helped by horses either side of him playing up in the stalls. Admiral Percy was slowly away and never got into the race, becoming tailed off after four furlongs. Admiral Percy did not appear to move well throughout and Paul Mulrennan brought him home in his own time, finishing last of the nine runners, beaten a distance by the winner, Au Clair Du Lune.

After the race, Paul Mulrennan said that Admiral Percy did not move well to post or through the race and he struggled from an early stage. Assistant trainer, Steve Brown, said that although he expected Admiral Percy to be a little green, he was very disappointed with this performance. Steve said that the vet checked Admiral Percy over after the race and thought he was marginally lame on his left-hind. It could be that Admiral Percy pulled something or banged himself at some stage, making him a little sore behind, but Steve does not think this fully explains this poor effort.

Our view:

This was a very disappointing debut from Admiral Percy, who had been moving and working well at home. He was never at the races, and would not have learnt much from this experience. We will wait to see how he is later this week and await feedback from Julie Camacho. 

• Received this report from owners group on Admiral Percy (not being tech minded, amazed i managed to get it on here!) It doesn't read well and confirms what i thought on watching the few clips i saw of him in the race, that something wasn't quite right in his running. Let's hope it's not a serious problem and he get's back on the racecourse soon. :hope

9 hours ago, BillyHills said:

Decent enough run Roger:ok

Thank you . With her injuries in mind we have to feel we have something to build on.

It's a difference in training styles , archie Watson likes them full on for their first run hence his reputation with 2yo,  Roger Fell likes to bring them to peak after two or three runs . Will see the report later how shes come out of the race , hopefully sound  .

DUTCH DECOY has his 1st entry as a O.G. horse on Monday June 29th in the 2.50 at Windsor , the At The Races Handicap Class 4 over 6f.

? for Windsor to get some rain/storms over the weekend , good / good to soft would be ideal , if it's firm be surprised if he has a run !

On 6/25/2020 at 4:48 PM, Valiant Thor said:

image.png.de891461eec3f04bdbedcd044812085e.png

Ran a much better race than last time coming 4th .
Gets lit up and wants to lead pulled Frannys arms out over first few furlongs , if Johnstone can get him to settle earlier and save his exuberance till later in the race imo there's the making of a few good races in MFS .
All in all quite taken by that run :clap

I would agree, broke from the stalls better and looked like jockey/horse was eager to get to the rail which might have been done a bit quick and then didn’t settle. Did look as though 7f would be his limit and 6f might be his distance in the future, might get dropped a bit with the distances which will help. Be interesting what is next. Trainer will be learning about him too. Should be about right next time I would have thought.

ADMIRAL PERCY

Admiral Percy
  Julie Camacho
Tuesday 23 June 2020
Admiral Percy, unfortunately for him, was gelded last week as we just felt it was the right thing to do at this stage of his career. We are going to have to give him a quiet fortnight, as whilst he is still slightly lame on his near hind, there is nothing obvious to see and a period of rest is a logical route to take.