** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

League 1 & League 2 Predictions > Sep 8th & 9th

Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle

Bristol Rovers: Liam Sercombe (5/0 m), Stuart Sinclair (0/0 m), Joe Partington (0/0 m), Tareiq Holmes-Dennis (0/0 d)(all doubtful), Joseph Martin (1/0 d, suspended), Christopher Lines (3/1 m, suspended), Tom Lockyer (5/1 d, national selection)

Plymouth Argyle: no absences

Barnsley v Walsall FC

Barnsley: Adam Davies (6/0 first goalkeeper), Kenny Dougall (6/0 m)(both national selection), Cauley Woodrow (0/0 f, doubtful), Zeki Fryers (0/0 d), Ryan Hedges (0/0 f)

Walsall FC: Adam Chambers (1/0 m, captain, doubtful), Joe Edwards (0/0 d m), Kory Roberts (0/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Bury vs Grimsby

A lot of the attention this weekend is focused around the UEFA Nations League but there may be some of you still keen on the betting in League 1 and 2 right? Well, here's a quick preview of the 3pm kick-off later today between Bury and Grimsby at Gigg Lane.

Bury have had a mixed start to the new season under Ryan Lowe. They are undefeated at home with 2 wins and a draw but have lost all three of their away matches in the league. They put up a strong fight against Championship side Nottingham Forest in the EFL Cup 1st Round with a 1-1 draw before eventually losing 10-9 on penalties in a memorable shootout.

Grimsby are probably on par with their expectations right now but Michael Jolley will be ruing surrendering two leads against Lincoln and MK Dons that saw a potential 6 points drop to just 2 points in those two matches. Their home form is poor but their away form has shown glimpses of promise.

This is a game where I simply think home advantage will prevail. There is not a lot separating these two sides. Switch the tie to Blundell Park and I'd be backing Grimsby all day long. I just think Bury are a tough side to beat at home so it's worth backing them here as outright winners. The fact Grimsby have also failed to score in over 235 minutes of league football is a concern for them.

Bury to Win @ 1.80 with Betway

Bury HT/FT @ 2.90 with Coral

@Papa Lazarou, @freestylerx, @allyhibs, @iBetting, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @kulikTS, @golakeh1, @Unnamed, @willie82, @dogmeister, @TheEdge, @JJG, @allthethings, @Mindfulness, @the bastardian, @teddybear3011, @Marek76, @salmonman, @Unnamed, @mij0sim, @harry_rag, @jazzman02, @Bobby Vegas, @Teodore, @Tiffy, and @sajtion. what bets are you guys thinking of placing this weekend?

33 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Why have you chosen those picks, @nenri981?

Burton- I like the atmosphere in guests team, they start playing and I expect to score more than once here...gl

Doncaster- I like John Marquis, he gives double strenght to his mates and I expect show from tnem today, goals and home winn...gl

Swindon- definitely in better shape, scoring and conciding lot of goals... in my opinion they wil winn this match but will also concede...gl

Tranmere- some players get back in the squad and home advantage wil be enough for hosts to take winn..gl

4 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Why have you chosen those picks, @nenri981?

And please do note that top scorer Liam Boyce -  who is more than just a striker for the Brewers - (and that's Clough's view) will be a few hundred miles away sitting on the bench watching inferior players this afternoon. This is quite important imo. 

Edited by Papa Lazarou

Oxford vs Coventry

There is a Sunday treat in League 1 this weekend when Oxford host Coventry in a midday kick-off at the Kassam Stadium. It's been a poor start to the season for both sides with the U's lingering in 23rd and the Sky Blues in 21st so a win is desperately needed by both teams.

Oxford saw a summer of changes under Karl Robinson and it appears to have failed to work so far. Was the demanding pre-season schedule of 10 friendlies too demanding? Four straight defeats at the start of the campaign had fans fearing the worst but one win and one draw in the last two matches suggests that things are improving slowly but surely.

Coventry are sinking fast under Mark Robins. Scoring goals has been the main problem with the Sky Blues only scoring 3 goals in their first 6 league games. This has seen them only pick up one win and two draws during those matches. An improvement in form is badly wanted at the Ricoh Arena. Unfortunately, Coventry are on the road this weekend and they have failed to pick up a win on the road so far this season.

This is a game that neither side will want to lose. Is it an early relegation six pointer? It might well be. A win would pull Oxford out of the relegation zone and it would even push Coventry onto the brink of the top half of the table. It's all closely packed up League One right now so it's not the time to panic yet.

I really can't call this. Oxford are showing signs of improvement in form. Robinson has proven he can do it in League One before but any plan he has here is going to take time to gel. I've never been convinced by Robins as a manager. He doesn't strike me as the kind of man you want at the helm when the going gets tough. I'm leaning towards a draw but I think Oxford could sneak the win.

Oxford to Win @ 2.45 with Bet365

Oxford to Score First @ 1.95 with Ladbrokes