** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

French Open 2018

22 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Sam Querrey to beat Gilles Simon at 1.90 with bet365

The bookies don't have a clue who's gonna win this match. No lean in any direction, completely even but I think Sam is closer to the win because of the following: Sam has played god awful tennis in his last 4 tournaments, winning just one match.

However, somehow, he came out and dominated a very good player in Frances Tiafoe in the first round. It was a completely different player on the court, and I can't help but think that the same player shows up against Gilles and then Gilles is likely toast. They have a pretty even head to head record, with Gilles ahead 4-3. Gilles posted a nice result in Lyon last tournament, making it to the finals, but it should be noted that he faced little competition along the way with his best win coming against the 85th ranked player in the world in Cam Norrie. I simply think Sam digs deep, and pulls off a second round win because with the right attitude Sam is nowadays better than Gilles even on clay but only if he comes in with the right mindset which I'm hoping he will do here.

i actually like simon.....its a tight match but honestly? tiafoe? a good player? he's horrible.....that quarry win means squat. not to mention quarry has lost 1st round multiple times here.....i don't like his odds. 

12 minutes ago, pvaas said:

i actually like simon.....its a tight match but honestly? tiafoe? a good player? he's horrible.....that quarry win means squat. not to mention quarry has lost 1st round multiple times here.....i don't like his odds

You are right, Sam has only passed second round once in RG and his RG record is horrible and that time when he passed second round he ran into Gilles Simon and lost in a 5 set battle.

Edited by four-leaf

Donna Vekic (+1.5 sets) to beat Maria Sharapova at 2.06 with Pinnacle

Based largely on Sharapova's performance yesterday. Vekic is mental, but she hasn't had too many bad showings recently and no signs of choking in the first round, strangely enough. She's got enough power to hit through Maria and she isn't afraid to go for the big shots, which is important - and Sharapova currently doesn't seem to have a serve.

12 hours ago, pvaas said:

i actually like simon.....its a tight match but honestly? tiafoe? a good player? he's horrible.....that quarry win means squat. not to mention quarry has lost 1st round multiple times here.....i don't like his odds

Please, don't take it personally but I guess all the players deserve people to write down their name correctly... And yes, Tiafoe is a good player, definitely one to watch in the future. Cheers!

10 hours ago, yogg said:

Frech M. - Stephens S.

this is going to be very tough for Frech who wont get 64 unforced errors from her opponent like she did in her previous match and I think Sloane will get through this without losing more than six games.

Stephens -5.5 games @ 2.10 with Bet365

:ok

:cheers

Jaziri M. - Gasquet R.

still kicking myself for not betting on Lajovic yesterday in the set handicap market i'm going for a similar bet on Jaziri here as once again I think the bookies have underestimated him in favour of a "big named" player.

Jaziri +2.5 sets @ 1.88 with Pinnacle

good luck all :ok

oh, and good luck to Heather, Cameron and Kyle today.

=======================================================================

:cheers easy money!

Edited by yogg

24 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

No, not Cameron please, I love Mr. Pouille :lol. I want to go for some bets for tomorrow myself, but the weather forecast seems awkward, so I'm going to wait and see what happens today.

sorry CP, i didn't mean to oppose you :notworthy

honestly, Cameron was playing crap yet somehow managed to win that third set :eyes

I'm pretty sure Heather and Cameron are going out today and Kyle's got a very tough one too but should (hopefully) prevail.

:hope

Good call on Jaziri @yogg!

Fernando Verdasco to beat Grigor Dimitrov at 2.42 with Pinnacle

While Verdasco breezed past Andreozzi, Dimitrov could've easily lost against Donaldson - and the problem is that the Bulgarian really hasn't been very convincing for quite a while now. Focus shouldn't be an issue now that he has an opponent he knows, but producing a good performance might be quite difficult. I wouldn't be shocked to see Dimitrov win this 3-0, he certainly has enough talent and potential, but all the form signs are pointing towards the Spaniard being very competitive.

D.Dzumhur/A.Zverev - Over 3.5 sets at 2.62 with Bet365

A good price imo, I'd say it's about 50/50 - either Zverev comes out firing and wins 3-0 or he starts to fight with his mental demons and drops a set or two. Dzumhur is capable of fighting against the very best when he's on and the motivation will definitely be there, so yeah. It's not really a bet on Dzumhur being really good, it's more about not trusting Zverev in Grand Slams.

G.Simon/K.Nishikori - Over 3.5 sets at 1.83 with Paddy Power

It's a bit shocking to see that these two guys have no H2H record against each other given how long they've been around, so they'll probably want to play a longer match and enjoy some time together. Seriously though, Nishikori isn't very consistent with his attacking tennis right now, so I expect Simon to find a way to at least annoy him for a while, just like Seppi did in Monte Carlo. I don't think that he's going to have enough in the end, but four sets look fairly likely to me given how these guys have been playing recently.

Yeah, but not too happy, especially since I have read four-leaf's post regarding Schwartzman at the top of the page, but did not think he would thoroughly dominate Pavlasek… 

My bad, should have skipped that match, especially since four-leaf picked Schwartzman to win -2,5 sets, which is usually under in games total...

Buzarnescu M. - Svitolina E.

will this be a shock result? why not? Buzarnescu is having a great season and, in my view, is being very underestimated by the bookies.

Svitolina has stuttered in both her matches so far going 5-1 down in the first set to Tomljanovic and getting broke twice in the second set against Kuzmova. She wont be able to do that and get away with it against Buzarnescu.

Buzarnescu to win @ 5.60 with Unibet

with the usual saver

Buzarnescu +1.5 sets @ 2.60 with 10Bet

Karolina Pliskova to beat Maria Sharapova at 2.05 with Marathonbet

I'm not entirely sure what makes Pliskova the underdog in this match. She was a bit poor in the first set against Safarova, but she was able to outclass her once she started to focus a bit more, while Sharapova...I mean what's there to be liked about her game right now? The match against Vekic was all about Vekic's head really, she was the better player of the two for much of the match, but she somehow managed to out-DF Sharapova and choke many chances away. She did show, however, that big hitting can do a lot of damage against the Russian and big hitting is what Pliskova is all about. She doesn't move as well as Vekic, but she packs more punch and her serve is more potent as well, so I'd honestly have Pliskova at around 1.75 here, certainly not as the underdog. It's honestly quite puzzling to me, so maybe I'm missing something?

7 hours ago, yogg said:

will this be a shock result? why not? Buzarnescu is having a great season and, in my view, is being very underestimated by the bookies.

Svitolina has stuttered in both her matches so far going 5-1 down in the first set to Tomljanovic and getting broke twice in the second set against Kuzmova. She wont be able to do that and get away with it against Buzarnescu.

with the usual saver

Tailed you on this. Great stuff!

8 hours ago, yogg said:

with the usual saver

Fantastic shout Sir.

F.Verdasco/N.Djokovic - Over 3.5 sets at 1.80 with Paddy Power

I didn't like Djokovic at all today, struggling to beat Bautista and, more importantly, struggling to produce good service games. Verdasco has a long history with Djokovic and he should see this as a chance to get something now that Djokovic isn't as good as he was in their previous meetings. Not sure that he has enough to beat him, but Verdasco's forehand is firing well enough to take this to four at the very least.

Hello all! Just another small in-play tip again and this time I'm confident it won't be a fixed match. (Though I did notice Darian King also fixed his doubles match the week after the previous match, so he's def. one to watch out for). That being said, now I'm talking about the Dabrowski/ Pavic - Barrere Parmentier match from the Roland Garros mixed doubles. 

Pavic/ Dabrowski were heavy favorites (1.2x) before the match. The did lose the first set but were still favorites then and now they are up 4-1 in the second set  which made them heavy favorites again for the win. However I believe some people on Betfair do not know the score since they are trying to back Parmentier/ Barrere with odds of 2 or lower, which means of course you can get odds of 2 or more on Pavic Dabrowski. This well defintely make for a good trade since when the match will start again and people will get to see the bookies odds, their odds will get lower dramatically again.

Good luck all with your bets!