** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

French Open 2018

as my profits are high this week I can't resist a small stake against Rafa today.

he was lucky to beat Bolelli in straight sets but, of course, went on to demolish Pella.

so with Gasquet playing out of his skin and with most of the crowd behind him I'll be on

Gasquet +2.5 sets @ 3.75 with PaddyPower

H2H stats never interest me, if they did then I wouldn't go anywhere near this bet.

NOT my most confident bet, good luck all :ok

Karen Khachanov vs Alexander Zverev

Over 37.5 games 10/11 paddyOwer

Over 3.5 sets 4/6 paddy power

It seems like Zverev is not making it easy for himself by winning in straight sets as he has gone through two five set matches already. And there is a chance he will lose another set again as he is facing a tough opponent. But i think this time he will lose the one set

Edited by owenclass

On 01/06/2018 at 5:56 PM, yogg said:

Buzarnescu M. - Svitolina E.

will this be a shock result? why not? Buzarnescu is having a great season and, in my view, is being very underestimated by the bookies.

Svitolina has stuttered in both her matches so far going 5-1 down in the first set to Tomljanovic and getting broke twice in the second set against Kuzmova. She wont be able to do that and get away with it against Buzarnescu.

Buzarnescu to win @ 5.60 with Unibet

with the usual saver

Buzarnescu +1.5 sets @ 2.60 with 10Bet

good luck all :ok

I just saw this thread.  Brilliant pick! I’ll be following! 

8 hours ago, owenclass said:

It seems like Zverev is not making it easy for himself by winning in straight sets as he has gone through two five set matches already. And there is a chance he will lose another set again as he is facing a tough opponent. But i think this time he will lose the one set

sorry Owen but with either Thiem or Nishikori up next for Zverev I get the feeling that the penny will drop today for Sascha and a straight set win will be crucial to him today to send out a message to his next opponent.

I personally don't think that Khachanov is in the same league as Dzumhur or Lajovic (Sascha's previous two opponents) so I'm going for Zverev to win 3-0 @ 2.65 with Unibet.

2 hours ago, yogg said:

sorry Owen but with either Thiem or Nishikori up next for Zverev I get the feeling that the penny will drop today for Sascha and a straight set win will be crucial to him today to send out a message to his next opponent.

I personally don't think that Khachanov is in the same league as Dzumhur or Lajovic (Sascha's previous two opponents) so I'm going for Zverev to win 3-0 @ 2.65 with Unibet.

Hmmm! I was begining to doubt my pick after you made that comment making my huge stake and everything I had strongly believed somewhat irrelevant. lol! I really do not mind you saying that Zverev will win 3-0 with whatever supporting statement that you might want to make. But saying that Khachanov is not in the same league is definately far off and totally misleading considering that he is still young and players develop at different stages. Moreover Khachanov has not been playing consistent tennis since his emergence. Finally to think or say that Zverev would win 3-0 to send out a message to others considering his physical handicap was a bit baffling. You might have well said Khachanov was rubbish!

13 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

Hmmm! I was begining to doubt my pick after you made that comment making my huge stake and everything I had strongly believed somewhat irrelevant. lol! I really do not mind you saying that Zverev will win 3-0 with whatever supporting statement that you might want to make. But saying that Khachanov is not in the same league is definately far off and totally misleading considering that he is still young and players develop at different stages. Moreover Khachanov has not been playing consistent tennis since his emergence. Finally to think or say that Zverev would win 3-0 to send out a message to others considering his physical handicap was a bit baffling. You might have well said Khachanov was rubbish!

I always post what I believe in at the time, that's why I've come up with a 14/1 winner and an 8/1 winner this week.

no one can get it right all the time.

would you have made this post if I was right?

Edited by yogg

12 hours ago, owenclass said:

great call Owen, I won't oppose you again!

biggrin.gif

22 minutes ago, yogg said:

I always post what I believe in at the time, that's why I've come up with a 14/1 winner and an 8/1 winner this week.

no one can get it right all the time.

would you have made this post if I was right?

Well, I probably would not have replied to it if you were right because I would have been in a state of shock. As I said, I just could not comprehend how you would have arrived at Zverev 3-0 even after Mr Khachanov demolished the very competent Pouile 3-0 and had only dropped one set in three matches, plus the fatigue factor? I would like to believe that tipsters most times apply similar statistical and cognitive methodologies to their reasoning.

40 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

Well, I probably would not have replied to it if you were right because I would have been in a state of shock. As I said, I just could not comprehend how you would have arrived at Zverev 3-0 even after Mr Khachanov demolished the very competent Pouile 3-0 and had only dropped one set in three matches, plus the fatigue factor? I would like to believe that tipsters most times apply similar statistical and cognitive methodologies to their reasoning.

hindsight is a wonderful quality.

He had a bad day, was playing much better against Grigor.

Fabio Fognini to beat Marin Cilic at 3.00 with Pinnacle

There are basically two possible scenarios here imo. Either Fognini doesn't get stuck in and loses 0-3 or he does get stuck in and maybe even wins - and I think that the value lies with the latter options at 3.00, especially if we do see some rain and some further slowing down of the conditions.

HALEP VS MERTENS

No 1 vs No 16 with the latter having the better record this year on clay at 14-1 compared to 11-3. The H2H record stands at 1-0 which Halap won this year in Madrid in a much awaited match that never came to fruition which saw Mertens lose in two easy sets of 6-0 6-3. I definately feel it would be much more competitive this time around considering that Mertens is fitter and on a dangerous healthy run. Both are mentally tough so I expect a good battle that should run over 19.5 games total into possibly a 3 set battle. Verdict: Over 19.5 games 8/11

Thiem VS Sasha Zverev

The fundamentals of tennis knowledge lies in the knowing about who these two guys are and the sort of future that lies ahead of them - Top two slot in Mens tennis. Both have played a lot of games, in fact too many games. Thiem although did some energy wasting in playing some back to back 3 setters just before this tournament begun, would seem to be in a better physical shape than Zverev who has played 15 sets in the last three matches. Thiem is the better player on this surface even without the fatigue factor brought into reckoning. the demolition job of Nishikori would just seem the right springboard for Thiem to pay Zverev back for the last defeat in Madrid where I thought Thiem had his mind in other place. I have no doubt in my mind on the result of this one. A typical case of "Boys to Men" for Zverev - End of The Road. Verdict: Thiem progresses comfortably!

16 hours ago, yogg said:

great call Owen, I won't oppose you again!

biggrin.gif

Yeah thanks guys.Dont worry. You thought Zverev would easily win as you thought his opponent was not good. But i felt there is a pattern with him lately that he is not making it easy for himself by not finishing players off but by winning in five sets

My next selection i'm going for is

Maria Sharapova to beat Serena Williams 5/4 paddy power

Also im going for Over 21.5 games 8/11 paddy power

I just feel that this will be time for Maria to beat her rival for the first time in fourteen years as her opponent has not played a lot of tennis and is not still not back to full fitness and match sharpness where as Maria has had a decent clay court season as is coming into this French Open with a lot of confidence 

Edited by owenclass

I saw both of serenas previous two matches.. excepted her to struggle in both of them. Against Barty in the first set. it was Serena playing bad rather than Ashley playing particularly good. 2nd & 3rd set,,Barty threw everything at Serena and she came top everytime. 

Maria against KaPlis was a less intense affair. KaPlis hardly had anything to offer making it way easier for shara.

Really feel if Shara can keep her first serve percentage up, she has a chance. but expect it to be a tight match.

Hi everybody. 

I´m Mike and I am betting o tennis for about 8 years now, but got in more depth for the past few months. Just started as a tipster on various domains and I am keen on sharing some thought with all you guys here so we can get together and beat the bookies more often than not.

I´d like to share three picks for today´s women´s RG.

A. Kerber - C. Garcia 

Over 21,5 games at 1.89 

I´ve watched both players this tournament throughout their matches and I expect Garcia to have control over the game and we all know how Kerber performs when coming from behind. H2H we don´t get too much insight as the matches before were under different conditions and the players were on different levels of tennis than now. I don´t see any of these two having a mental edge from their H2H record. Kerber prevails in long sets and Garcia is a player who likes to battle in matches with high stakes as here. Needless to say both athletes motivation is maximum here. I see value in the overs here and anything above 1,80 for the over 21,5 is good value to me. 

G. Muguruza - L. Tsurenko

L. Tsurenko +5.5 Games Handicap at 2.02

Interesting match on the weaker side of this quarter, where the spaniard is big favourite to progress.I have watched and backed Tsurenko against C. Vandeweghe and I was surprised by her solid serve. She got even better next round. It is clear that Muguruza performs well at the GS and can dominate this match with her strokes, but Tsurenko reached a carrer high performance at RG and showed some smart tennis in Paris. The handicap is solid for me and I believe there is a big chance we see a long set which will give us the necessary edge to profit from this bet. 

*Market is moving towards the spaniard and we will see an increase in prices for the handicaps as time goes by. 

S. Williams - M. Sharapova

M. Sharapova to win at 2.20

Highlight of the day, the russian has the opportunity of winning against Serena since 2004. H2H 19-2 in favour of Williams. Needless to say who´s got the mental edge here. However, Sharapova displayed one of her best performances throughout the last 5 years on clay when she dismissed #6 seed Ka. Pliskova. I will not enter a discussion about Serena´s level as she is too big of a champion to assume anything that she is or not capable of doing. I can only say that she is not moving as well as Maria at this date in time and her movement towards the net is less solid than it was before. I see Maria making points with the drop shots here. Time to go 19-3 on that H2H. Price too juicy. 

Good bets for everybody. 

Edited by mihaiv93