** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Championship Predictions > Apr 13th - 15th

champratings.jpg

Have you caught your breath yet? Good. The next batch of Championship odds and ratings are here with a full complement of fixtures coming at us this weekend. Promotion and relegation issues are set to be dealt with in these matches. What tips are you backing for these games? Let us know! :ok

Aston Villa vs Leeds

One of the big games in the Championship this weekend comes at Villa Park on Friday in the 7:45pm kick-off when 4th placed Aston Villa host 14th placed Leeds. A win for Steve Bruce's men is a must as they look to keep their automatic promotion hopes alive against Paul Heckingbottom's mid-table outfit.

Inconsistency has been the problem for the Villains over recent weeks. It has seen their hopes of a top two finish dashed but they have just done enough to remain in with a slim chance of automatic promotion heading into these final four league matches. Tuesday nights win over promotion rivals Cardiff was crucial to those hopes.

It is a third game in 7 days for both of these teams as clubs in this division come out of the back end of a busy Easter period. Villa are still very much in contention for some reward at the end of this campaign. Leeds are now already planning for next season with promotion and relegation both off the table.

That is where Villa might have the edge here. At home, Bruce's team have been impressive. 13 wins, 6 draws, and just 2 losses at home in the league this season has been the back bone of their decent campaign. It's just one loss in their last 12 matches as well. It's going to take a gargantuan effort from the away side to take anything from this game. Especially when you consider that Leeds have lost 11 of their 21 matches on the road in the league.

As a Cardiff fan, I am desperately hoping that Leeds do us a favour here but I just can't see it. I'm gutted we didn't take something from that game on Tuesday. It will give Villa a renewed self belief heading into the final league games of the season. I expect them to get the win here against a Leeds side that really need a complete overhaul. Leeds are becoming harder to beat recently so despite being tempted by the -1 handicap, I'll swerve it for this one and play it safe with the outright home win.

Aston Villa to win @ 1.53 with Betway

Aston Villa HT/FT @ 2.38 with BetVictor

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @harry_rag, @Pipoca, and @the bastardian, what bets are you guys placing for this weekend's Championship games? Think I'm right with my Villa tips?

Shouldn´t cardiff win? they really need the victory, they have 1 game less than Fulham but its a very hard game in derby. Motivation has to be on cardiff side, i think...

Midlesbrough with a very hard end of season, they need the win and Bristol are not good lately... I think midlesbrough will get the playoffs, are they playing well to get them?

Barnsley need the win to fight relegation and plays against Poor Bolton lately, i dont know nothing about Barnsley, are they playing well?

Hope some of you friends can help me, tks

I will lwave very good tips on Portuguese section for this weekend ;)

Aston Villa v Leeds United

Aston Villa: Birkir Bjarnason (22/3 m, probably in), John Terry (31/1 d, captain), Alan Hutton (27/0 d), Axel Tuanzebe (5/0 d), Andre Green (5/1 m), Jed Steer (0/0 g)

Leeds United: Gaetano Berardi (31/0 d, suspended), Pontus Jansson (39/3 d), Luke Ayling (26/0 d), Liam Cooper (28/1 d), Laurens De Bock (7/0 d), Eunan O'Kane (31/0 m), Matthew Pennington (20/0 d), Conor Shaughnessy (9/0 m), Adam Forshaw (9/0 m), Tyler Roberts (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Leeds Utd conceded at least one goal in each of their last 8 matches in Championship.
Leeds Utd have failed to win in their last 9 away matches in Championship.
Leeds Utd have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 6 away matches in Championship.
Aston Villa have seen under 2.5 goals in 89% of their last 9 games against Leeds in all competitions.

You can find interesting 73 Football Betting Streaks for 13.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-13-04-2018-9176

Norwich vs Cardiff

The race for automatic promotion takes a step closer to conclusion this weekend in the Championship. My team Cardiff must travel to Norwich for their next challenge in a 3pm kick-off tomorrow afternoon at Carrow Road. I'm not going to lie, the nerves are starting to hit but I remain confident in the team.

Sadly, after the loss to Aston Villa, some of our clueless fans have hit the panic button. Neil Warnock, Aron Gunnarsson, and Junior Hoilett are just some of the individuals taking a lot of unwarranted negativity. I find it astonishing. In both games, which we knew were going to be tough, it took a moment of individual quality to separate us and deny us any points. Particularly in the Villa game where we dominated for large spells and Villa had keeper Sam Johnstone to thank for keeping the scores level. On another day, we could have won that game by 2-3 goals.

Still, it is what it is. The Championship is unforgiving. We must now go to Norwich where we haven't won since 1st September, 2007. Even Warnock has lost 7 of his last 9 visits to Carrow Road. Furthermore, we haven't won an away game in the Championship in April for 11 matches now. Norwich are also undefeated against Welsh opposition at home in 10 league games.

So yeah, statistically, we are up against it. However, @Pipoca is spot on. This team is a lot mentally stronger than previous Cardiff sides. We often deliver when the odds are stacked against us. Norwich are winding their season down now yet we still have so much to play for. Worryingly, we are still without Joe Ralls and Yanick Wildschut is also ineligible to play against his parent club. Norwich welcome back a host of players such as Marley Watkins, Alexander Tettey, Marco Stiepermann, and Dennis Srbeny.

I know this is going against all the facts and figures in front of me but I want to have confidence in us to get something from this game. Norwich is a long way to go after such a congested schedule so my worry is fatigue. I just think this lot will battle until the bitter end. I do have to remember I am recommending tips here though so must maintain some neutrality to make the best decision. My heart says a Cardiff win but my head says we'll scrape a draw.

BTTS @ 1.85 with Coral

Draw @ 3.40 with Betway

Sunderland conceded at least one goal in each of their last 14 matches in Championship.
Middlesbrough have scored in each of their last 10 matches in Championship.
Bristol City have failed to win in their last 10 away matches in Championship.
Norwich City conceded at least one goal in each of their last 7 matches in Championship.
Cardiff City conceded at least one goal in each of their last 7 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 112 Football Betting Streaks for 14.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-14-04-2018-9184

I watched the extended highlights of Aston Villa - Cardiff game and was really impressed by the commitment of the Welsh outfit. If it hadn't been for the Grealish's wonder strike, you'd have taken at least a pointfrom that game. But in my view Cardiff deserved all 3 points. Chin up Stevie :) I honestly believe your team ticks all the right boxes and should win at Norwich (if they show the same effort as they did at Villa).

Burton v Derby - Derby win @ 1.75

Derby have not been in the best of form recently with just 2 wins in their last 6 league games however they are still in the hunt for a play off place and 3 points today will help them towards that goal. On the road this season they have been solid with 8 wind 9 draws and 4 defeats and their defeat at Wolves in midweek was only their 2nd in 17 away league games.
Burton are rock bottom of the table 7 points from safety with 4 games left. Their last win was 10 games ago when they won 2-1 at Barnsley and their last home league win was was 17 games back in September when they beat Fulham 2-1. They have scored just once in their last 6 home games when drawing with Middlesbrough.

On 12/04/2018 at 7:42 PM, Pipoca said:

Shouldn´t cardiff win? they really need the victory, they have 1 game less than Fulham but its a very hard game in derby. Motivation has to be on cardiff side, i think...

Midlesbrough with a very hard end of season, they need the win and Bristol are not good lately... I think midlesbrough will get the playoffs, are they playing well to get them?

Barnsley need the win to fight relegation and plays against Poor Bolton lately, i dont know nothing about Barnsley, are they playing well?

Hope some of you friends can help me, tks

I will lwave very good tips on Portuguese section for this weekend ;)

Midlesbrough Won , Cardiff Won and Barnsley or draw live @8, Perfect for me, Love this league :)

Wolverhampton have been undefeated in their last 6 matches in Championship.
Wolverhampton have scored in each of their last 8 matches in Championship.
Wolverhampton have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 7 home matches in Championship.
69% of Birmingham City's matches had under 2.5 goals in Championship.
Birmingham City have lost 67% of their away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 103 Football Betting Streaks for 15.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-15-04-2018-9187

Wolves vs Birmingham

Not going to lie, I am absolutely buzzing after yesterday's results with Cardiff winning 2-0 at Norwich to defy all the stats and form tables plus Fulham conceding in the 4th minute of injury time to drop points to Brentford. A knock-on effect of that second result was league leaders Wolves being confirmed as promoted. What a party Molineux is set to witness this lunch-time.

It's a shame the fixture isn't reversed and at St. Andrew's because I think it would be a belter if it was. I'd fancy Birmingham to give it a real good go. Wolves would also go on the front foot. However, here, I think it's going to be a less frantic occasion. The Blues would definitely see a point as one gained and Wolves will probably dominate proceedings high on confidence.

Congratulations to the Wolves fans of this forum. I know you're here as both posters and lurkers. As a recognition of your achievement, I'm going to back you to win here. I think you could also do it keeping a clean sheet purely because you'll apply too much attacking pressure for Birmingham to deal with. I was going to rain on your parade slightly and back a derby draw with both teams happy to see the game out with little drama but I just think the home side are too good for the visitors and will want to celebrate with the fans by beating their rivals.

Wolves to win to nil @ 2.30 with Boylesports

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.83 with Sportingbet

I'm wondering if Wolves may go off the boil, after winning promotion. We saw it last season with Brighton. I'm tempted to back BIRMINGHAM  in some capacity, or BTTS at odds against.

Looking at the ELO ratings, there isn't much to split either team over the last few games