** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Championship Predictions > Feb 13th - 18th

champratings.jpg

It's a bumper Championship week with the two fixtures this Tuesday night. I'll save the majority of previews for the weekend matches but I'll look to get a quick preview of the Cardiff versus Bolton game up as well. Take some time to check the odds and ratings before giving us your tips. :ok

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Xcout, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, and @the bastardian, what are you all thinking for these games?

Cardiff City v Bolton Wanderers

Cardiff City: Gary Madine (2/0 f, doubtful), Craig Bryson (13/1 m), Matthew Connolly (1/0 d), Aron Gunnarsson (12/0 m), Danny Ward (18/4 f)

Bolton Wanderers: Craig Noone (16/0 m, doubtful), Darren Pratley (22/2 m), Chris Taylor (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Sheffield Wed conceded at least 1 goal in 80% of their home matches.
Sheffield Wed have failed to win in their last 7 home matches.
Derby County have been undefeated in their last 12 matches.
Derby County have scored in 80% of their away matches.
Derby County have been undefeated in their last 11 away matches.

You can find interesting 61 Football Betting Streaks for 13.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-13-02-2018-7701

Cardiff vs Bolton

It's been a steady period for the Bluebirds over the past few weeks. We are unbeaten in our last four league matches and we remain in touch with the teams chasing automatic promotion. As you old saying goes, if you're in the mix when the daffodils come out then you stand every chance.

It looks like Gary Madine could miss out on facing his former club due to a broken nose received in that farcical Millwall game that we should have won. Keith Stroud has now become public enemy number one in South Wales. On the plus side, Kenneth Zohore has had a bit of a rest and fingers crossed he'll be firing on all cylinders again.

Former Cardiff player Adam Le Fondre is likely to start but Craig Noone could be ruled out. Bolton are undefeated in three league games and growing in confidence. However, they will travel to a Cardiff City Stadium that has seen the Bluebirds suffer just 2 defeats in 14 games at home this season. A win will give the Trotters some breathing space between themselves and the relegation zone but defeat tonight and on the weekend could be detrimental to their season. I'm predicting a solid Cardiff win. Tempted to back the clean sheet win too.

Cardiff to win to nil @ 2.39 with 188Bet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.73 with Betfair

Cardiff vs Middlesbrough

I'm delighted to return with another Cardiff preview here after the lads didn't let me down in midweek! It was as comfortable as I anticipated. I'm not entirely sure it will be so easy this weekend with Newport boy Tony Pulis visiting the Welsh capital once again to haunt us with his hoof ball football.

The Boxing Day appointment of Pulis as manager to succeed Garry Monk was considered a shrewd move. However, it has not been as impressive a start as the Welsh man would have hoped. His side has won 4, drawn 1, and lost 4 of his 9 matches in charge so far. The January transfer window passed with a few arrivals and departures but not enough to suggest things will change greatly between now and the summer. Consolidation appears to be the name of the game at the Riverside this season before a promotion push next year.

The Bluebirds are now re-discovering the form that saw them lead the way with Wolves earlier in the season. Neil Warnock's men are now 5 league games unbeaten and knocking on the door of the top two once again. It is a run of form that has also seen them average more than 2 goals per game in those five matches. Pulis will set up his team to smash and grab a point or maybe more here. However, this is a Cardiff side that are getting injured key players back and finding their confidence once more. The stats suggest otherwise but I think Middlesbrough will be tough to break down but I'm hoping even a solitary goal will be enough to take the win for the home side.

Cardiff Draw No Bet @ 1.73 with Betfred

Team to Score First Cardiff @ 2.00 with BetStars

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Xcout, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, and @the bastardian, how are you guys all looking bet in these upcoming games?

Tricky week. I'm expecting Cardiff to just do enough and grab that win but I think Wolves, Villa and Bristol could all potentially slip up.

Not really any straight forward matches. Think there is some value in that Ipswich price away at an inconsistent Norwich but every game pretty tough to call. I think Sunderland will probably lose again but would want a bigger price for Brentford.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Wolverhampton have been undefeated in their last 8 away matches in Championship.
Preston have scored in each of their last 7 matches in Championship.
Sunderland conceded at least one goal in 87% of their home matches in Championship.
Sunderland have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Championship.
Brentford have scored 33% of their goals after the 75th minute in Championship.

You can find interesting 102 Football Betting Streaks for 17.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-17-02-2018-7754

22 hours ago, PokerWolf1 said:

Tricky week. I'm expecting Cardiff to just do enough and grab that win but I think Wolves, Villa and Bristol could all potentially slip up.

Not really any straight forward matches. Think there is some value in that Ipswich price away at an inconsistent Norwich but every game pretty tough to call. I think Sunderland will probably lose again but would want a bigger price for Brentford.

I agree about Ipswich. Norwich are much too short, no doubt about that. 

Norwich have had an inconsistent season, with the better performances all coming away from home. At home, Farke’s style has not suited the team at all. Slow, pedestrian play which is easy to defend against and counter attack.

Imo, Norwich’s style of play at home will play right into Ipswich’s hands. When Ipswich are able to play this game (sitting back, soaking up pressure and counter) they have been successful. When they are playing against teams at home like Burton (no offence) like last week, with the onus on them, they have struggled.

Although James Maddison has received all the plaudits this season, Tom Trybull has been arguably Norwich’s most important midfielder this season. He arrived on a free transfer from Holland and has been nothing short of a revelation. However Norwich received news this week that he is out for the season, which is a huge blow for Norwich and a massive lift for Ipswich going into this game.

I personally will be leaving this game alone but imo Norwich are far too short and are worth a lay/DNB punt in Ipswich with the game situation set to suit their play.

Norwich vs Ipswich

Personally, I hate betting on derby matches but for the sake of entertainment and interest it would be scandalous to not cover this game this weekend. The East Anglian derby is always a highlight of the Championship season when the two sides meet. This one is particularly intriguing due to their closeness in the league. Victory or defeat could be the difference between keeping their faint play-off hopes alive or not. Norwich are positioned in 13th in the Championship table on 44 points and Ipswich are one place ahead of them in 12th on the same points but boasting a 5 goal superiority.

The Canaries have a very good record against the Tractor Boys in head-to-head matches. Norwich are undefeated in their last 9 meetings with Ipswich. 6 wins and 3 draws has provided a period of pain for Ipswich fans since their last victory in this derby came on 19th April, 2009. Interestingly, both teams have scored in 7 of the last 10 encounters.

In terms of form, Daniel Farke's side have picked up their results since Boxing Day. Just one defeat in their last 8 games has rejuvenated their season and given fans hope that they can gatecrash the play-offs. Rumours linking Mick McCarthy with the Barnsley job have now been killed off so the club will hope things can settle down now. His side have only lost 1 of their last 5 league games and have also kept two clean sheets in a row in the league. So it could be a lot worse.

There is very little to separate these two sides. Ipswich have struggled at Carrow Road since their last victory there back in 2006. I am reluctant, as always, to back an outright winner in a derby match but I think Ipswich might put their lacklustre scoring behind them. As @canaries91 said, Norwich are missing a key player in Trybull and I'm not entirely sure how sharp Tettey will be after his knock last week. Ipswich could well smash and grab something from this game.

BTTS @ 2.05 with Coral

Total Corners Under 10.5 @ 2.05 with Stan James

Leeds vs Bristol City

Talk about a match between two sides that are out of form. The home side have appointed Paul Heckingbottom as their new manager and will be hoping he can turn their results around. Boxing Day was the last time their fans tasted victory in the league so 2018 owes them a win. The away side are still clinging on to their play-off spot despite a poor run of results that has seen them win just 1 of their last 7 league matches.

The winners of this game will see it as an opportunity to breathe new life into their dying season. Leeds have slipped to 11th in the table and will need a good spell of form to consider any late push for the play-offs. The Robins are 6th place and 9 points off the automatic promotion spots. However, a win in this game could see them move level on points with 5th placed Fulham and just 6 points off second placed Cardiff.

I really rate Heckingbottom as a manager. Unfortunately, I think Leeds is the wrong club for him. I'm not confident he can get this side playing quickly. Disciplinary issues and morale problems might take longer to fix. If I was a Leeds fan I would be preparing for next season already! Bristol City have only lost 3 of their 15 away games this season. Leeds have only won 6 of their 15 matches at home. My initial reaction is to back a draw but I can see City sneaking something here and ending their horrible run of results at Elland Road. 1921 was the last time City won at the ground in the second tier.

BTTS @ 1.75 with Ladbrokes

Bristol City to score first @ 2.15 with BetStars