Naps Competition - Saturday Oct 7th

320 Redcar

Darkanna 9/2 Bet365

Two-year-old Trophy and a very tricky race on paper but if you look closely we can count most of these out of this straight away. I like the class horses in these big 2yo races and we should look no further that Darkanna who has contested Group races in five of her last six starts. This represent a drop in class and it nice to see connections have stayed loyal to Barry McHugh who gets on so well with her. A reproduction of her 5th behind Clemmie will do here and she proved she can handle these big fields by running well at York in the big sales race.

Ascot 3:35 Johnny Barnes @ 14/1 bet365 e/w thanks

Johnny Barnes....from John Gosden yard that's in fine form at the moment they saddle a 5yo that's won four times from 7f to 1m on ground varying from good to heavy, The yard ran him last week over 6f at Haydock on terrible condition on heavy going when he finished sixth of 17 runners ,

I just hope John wanted to race him over the 6f for a bit of speed work to get him fit for this race today as he's back to a distance he likes and the return of Robert Havlin is a plus for me in picking the horse

4.45 Ascot

Willytheconqueror @ 11/1 Sky

Wasn't beaten far in the Listed race on the card last year and was thought good enough to run in the King Stand at the Royal meeting.  Heavy ground may have been an excuse last time in his first career run in a class 3.  Class 3 again today and I expect a much better run.