** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ligue 1 2017/18 Ante-Post Chat

franceodds.jpg

Here are the odds for the Ligue 1 2017/18 ante-post. Last season was a brilliant period for this section. So many of you got involved and helped a lot of us earn some decent profit from this league. Interested to hear the thoughts of those of you that were so involved last season. Firstly, PSG available at such a low price after Monaco finished last season as title winners? Seems a bit strange. Secondly, Nice priced out at 67.00. Got to be worth an each way punt surely? Nantes at 351.00 with Ranieri being brought in. He's been there before at underdog status!

@DrO@Icongene, @Pep004, @Pipoca, @FCNA, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @michaelwinsall, @rangers234, @DrBetter, @sajtion, @KikoCy, @Tanktop, @zemo91, @hairline, @mrclubbie, @clubgowi, @neilovan, @WinningAdvice, and @Lisandri, what are you guys all thinking?

Honestly.. I am afraid for Nantes. It will work in start probably as it will be (I hope) big motivation to play under so famous coach, but if he will try to force his style, sitting deep, focus on defence and with counter attacks, then I thibk that it will be a huge step-back for Nantes. He is moving from pretty old, experienced team to one of the youngest teams in France... 

Moreover a shape of Nice will be totally different in my opinion and even thiugh it looks that Favre will remain on the bench, quality of the squad won't be as high as in last year. Well, we'll see.

I will have already started making a preview of L1 on my site.. page will be updated daily so till the 1st round I expect it to be a whole preview with all important informations. You can find it here: http://www.fa-p.eu/p/ligue-1.html?m=1

Edited by Pep004

4 hours ago, Pep004 said:

Honestly.. I am afraid for Nantes. It will work in start probably as it will be (I hope) big motivation to play under so famous coach, but if he will try to force his style, sitting deep, focus on defence and with counter attacks, then I thibk that it will be a huge step-back for Nantes. He is moving from pretty old, experienced team to one of the youngest teams in France... 

Moreover a shape of Nice will be totally different in my opinion and even thiugh it looks that Favre will remain on the bench, quality of the squad won't be as high as in last year. Well, we'll see.

I will have already started making a preview of L1 on my site.. page will be updated daily so till the 1st round I expect it to be a whole preview with all important informations. You can find it here: http://www.fa-p.eu/p/ligue-1.html?m=1

To what degree will Nice's squad be weaker this year? Are they losing any big players?

I have seen the loan signings of Belhanda, Donis, and Pereira are returning to their clubs. However, they have already made moves to sign Makengo, Melou, and Tameze. They are keeping their big players though aren't they?

Belhanda and Pereira were among the most important players of the team. In my opinion Cyprien, Belhanda, Plea and Seri were key figures for Favre.. There is also Eysseric's contract in "the air", as he is currently a free agent, central defender Baysse will leave as well.. but they are working on bringing in some quality players anyway. 

P.s. With next season.. H2h will be more important than a goal difference in France as well.

On 2017-6-17 at 3:56 PM, Pep004 said:

Belhanda and Pereira were among the most important players of the team. In my opinion Cyprien, Belhanda, Plea and Seri were key figures for Favre.. There is also Eysseric's contract in "the air", as he is currently a free agent, central defender Baysse will leave as well.. but they are working on bringing in some quality players anyway. 

P.s. With next season.. H2h will be more important than a goal difference in France as well.

It almost goes without saying that PSG and Monaco will take two of the Champions League qualification spots next season barring some miracle. Which teams will be competing for the remaining spot and which club is likely to take it?

• 2 weeks later...

@Mindfulness I think that odds are way too low. We need to see what the transfer window will bring us.. for now, I cannot see any miracles from Lille, even though there is one of the best tacticians on their bench. Otherwise PSG, Monaco, Lyon, Marseille, Nice, Bordeaux, Nantes are all in better shape currently...  even though I really don't know what to expect from Ranieri.. I went on the open training last Sunday and there was more than 2000 people... atmosphere is crazy around the club, but I want to see the way of football.. if Ranieri will try to play in "Leicester" way, than Nantes will be far from top8.

Lyon lost three/four key players (Lacazette, Tolisso, Valbuena and Gonalons) but they also brought some quality players as Marçal (IMO top3 left full back in the league), Traore (great season with Ajax).. there is still a question about the Ghezzal situation, but I think that with money from especially Tolisso&Lacazette they can still get some decent players.. I am slowly getting the whole picture in my head, but I'm not rushing as I think that many things will still change, especially in top teams. PSG is still without a signing + still holding Verratti who will leave almost for sure; Monaco still on the verge of loosing players, fighting with almost 4-5 clubs not to "steal" their talents, little bit better but still pretty similar goes also for Nice (Seri, Dealbert,...), Marseille is trying to make some decent signings (Rami, Bacca), but on the other hand they let two important players Gomis and Vainqeuer to leave.. Well.. Still too many to happen, to have a clear picture. :) 

But once again.. no value on 2,30 for Lille top 6. For now, they are somewhere on 10th position right now. But again... they have no problems with finances.. 

I'm tempted to back Lille because of Bielsa. His previous spell in France as manager of Marseille was a non-event but I think he will feel he has something to prove because of that. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lille do well. Ranieri at Nantes is still the one I'm keen to keep an eye on. If he sticks with consistency then they could do something but if he ventures into his old tinker man ways then Nantes could have a shocking season.

Agree abour Claudio. I hope that he will keep on with work of Conceicao and add his motivation.. his high pressure way is similar to Sergio's, so.. we'll see. About Lille.. except Malcuit (exceptional full back from ASSE) they are biding only for young players (mainly 1996/97 generation). On the other hand they lost Corchia (Sevilla). Otherwise except Thiago Mendes from Sao Paulo (25) their signings are Araujo (20), Pepe (22), Dabila (20) and Boukholda (20), Ié (23), Ballo (20), Soumaré (18), Koffi (20), Ponce (20). I need to admit that I am big fan of Bielsa and that I cannot wait to him back in the business, but still.. I don't see them in top6.

All the transfers till now, friendly matches,.. here: http://www.fa-p.eu/p/ligue-1.html

Edited by Pep004

• 3 weeks later...