Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StevieDay1983

Ligue 1 2017/18 Ante-Post Chat

5 posts in this topic

franceodds.jpg

Here are the odds for the Ligue 1 2017/18 ante-post. Last season was a brilliant period for this section. So many of you got involved and helped a lot of us earn some decent profit from this league. Interested to hear the thoughts of those of you that were so involved last season. Firstly, PSG available at such a low price after Monaco finished last season as title winners? Seems a bit strange. Secondly, Nice priced out at 67.00. Got to be worth an each way punt surely? Nantes at 351.00 with Ranieri being brought in. He's been there before at underdog status!

@DrO@Icongene, @Pep004, @Pipoca, @FCNA, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @michaelwinsall, @rangers234, @DrBetter, @sajtion, @KikoCy, @Tanktop, @zemo91, @hairline, @mrclubbie, @clubgowi, @neilovan, @WinningAdvice, and @Lisandri, what are you guys all thinking?

Honestly.. I am afraid for Nantes. It will work in start probably as it will be (I hope) big motivation to play under so famous coach, but if he will try to force his style, sitting deep, focus on defence and with counter attacks, then I thibk that it will be a huge step-back for Nantes. He is moving from pretty old, experienced team to one of the youngest teams in France... 

Moreover a shape of Nice will be totally different in my opinion and even thiugh it looks that Favre will remain on the bench, quality of the squad won't be as high as in last year. Well, we'll see.

I will have already started making a preview of L1 on my site.. page will be updated daily so till the 1st round I expect it to be a whole preview with all important informations. You can find it here: http://www.fa-p.eu/p/ligue-1.html?m=1

Edited by Pep004
zemo91 likes this

4 hours ago, Pep004 said:

Honestly.. I am afraid for Nantes. It will work in start probably as it will be (I hope) big motivation to play under so famous coach, but if he will try to force his style, sitting deep, focus on defence and with counter attacks, then I thibk that it will be a huge step-back for Nantes. He is moving from pretty old, experienced team to one of the youngest teams in France... 

Moreover a shape of Nice will be totally different in my opinion and even thiugh it looks that Favre will remain on the bench, quality of the squad won't be as high as in last year. Well, we'll see.

I will have already started making a preview of L1 on my site.. page will be updated daily so till the 1st round I expect it to be a whole preview with all important informations. You can find it here: http://www.fa-p.eu/p/ligue-1.html?m=1

To what degree will Nice's squad be weaker this year? Are they losing any big players?

I have seen the loan signings of Belhanda, Donis, and Pereira are returning to their clubs. However, they have already made moves to sign Makengo, Melou, and Tameze. They are keeping their big players though aren't they?

Belhanda and Pereira were among the most important players of the team. In my opinion Cyprien, Belhanda, Plea and Seri were key figures for Favre.. There is also Eysseric's contract in "the air", as he is currently a free agent, central defender Baysse will leave as well.. but they are working on bringing in some quality players anyway. 

P.s. With next season.. H2h will be more important than a goal difference in France as well.

On 2017-6-17 at 3:56 PM, Pep004 said:

Belhanda and Pereira were among the most important players of the team. In my opinion Cyprien, Belhanda, Plea and Seri were key figures for Favre.. There is also Eysseric's contract in "the air", as he is currently a free agent, central defender Baysse will leave as well.. but they are working on bringing in some quality players anyway. 

P.s. With next season.. H2h will be more important than a goal difference in France as well.

It almost goes without saying that PSG and Monaco will take two of the Champions League qualification spots next season barring some miracle. Which teams will be competing for the remaining spot and which club is likely to take it?