** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Weekend > Apr 1st - 3rd

seriearatings.jpg.46c9dd5d056dfca499eb88

Now that the international break is finally over we can resume the domestic action across Europe. Here are the ELO ratings for the weekend's Serie A matches. A quiet round last time so let's try and get some early chat going.

@WinningAdvice, a couple of decent shouts from you backing AC Milan outright and Torino on the handicap. What are you looking at this weekend?

@betcatalog, you also came in good with those two games. What are you picking out this week?

@Icongene, you got on the Torino train as well with the over 3 goals prediction. Great shout. What is your tip here?

Also interested in the thoughts of recent contributors such as @yoju82, @DrBetter, @KingSoccertips, @CloughandTaylor, @chris666, @Punki85, @DW_United, @KikoCy, and @vasilli07.

What about some of you old school posters from the bygone era? @Mindfulness, @Simeon Borisof, @Simeone, @fat, @HastGill1, @clubgowi, @MPLouis, @Kumanovac, @AF13, @Jase82, @azzurini1976, and @TotoSchillaci.

@StevieDay1983 I don't bet on Serie A these days as I don't have time to watch the games on top of all the other stuff I do. It's ashame cos I like Italian football but there are more lucrative areas in the world of gambling right now.

I don't rule out a return to betting on Italian football one day but for now it's not on my radar.

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Weekend > Apr 1st - 3rd

it's difficult after international break to select teams as one has to remember that all managers have had two weeks to prepare tactics, rest players and motivation won't be in short supply. the low odds can be quite deceiving especially on top clubs which players have been on international duty. this is typical time when unexpected results could happen and it's same for pretty much all leagues. it's probably best to bet on the goals market

On 3/28/2017, 4:22:41, Mindfulness said:

@StevieDay1983 I don't bet on Serie A these days as I don't have time to watch the games on top of all the other stuff I do. It's ashame cos I like Italian football but there are more lucrative areas in the world of gambling right now.

I don't rule out a return to betting on Italian football one day but for now it's not on my radar.

What other sports do you bet on?

I have a fondness for big stake sumo.

On 30/03/2017, 01:13:17, Icongene said:

Lazio and Torino are the two I like. Will post a more detailed analysis if I place the bets.

Looking forward to your reasoning. I'd add Inter Milan and Fiorentina into that. I'm not sure about Torino. Udinese have been picking up lately. They are great value at 4.00 for a double chance.

Have taken Lazio. 4th best (a) record in the division up against a team who just can't find a rhythm in front of their own fans. No wins in 4 for Sass and only one goal scored. Lazio score a high goals average on their travels (2nd in the division) and can put real pressure on the two below them. Unbeaten in 9 coming in and at 1.85 I'll have a big nibble.

Napoli has the best offensive line with 68 goals, but defense is not so good, which receives relatively easily scored. In total it has 20 to 29 over 2,5 and 19 to 29 of Goal goal and 9 at 15 Goal goal away. Today I expect to score both teams
SSC NAPOLI vs JUVENTUS TURIN @@ Both team to score, odds 1.80

Napoli v Juventus should be an interesting watch tonight (3rd v1st). Juventus won last 5 out of 6 meetings between the two with an aggregate of 13-5.  Juventus priced at 19/10 (Skybet) or evens for draw no bet. My preference would be for Juventus to win and both teams to score at 9/2, but would be equally happy with Juventus outright or dnb!

Im going to go against the expectations and take a bash at Sampdoria on the (ah).

They're on a decent run of form themselves and haven't lost a lot goals. Looking into their record v the top 4 teams in the league and they have only lost by 2 goals or more once (when Juve beat them 4-0) which shows they have competed well as a whole. Remember they also beat Inter in the corresponding fixture 1-0.

Inter are formidable at (h) and on their day can put goals past anyone. I just feel that with the international break we might see bit more of a tired/disjointed Inter performance against a team who should have no problem being motivated to keep their good form going. 

Sampdoria have only lost by a 2 goal margin in 2 out of their last 22

There's value here.

Sampdoria (ah) +2 @ 1.83

8 minutes ago, Icongene said:

Im going to go against the expectations and take a bash at Sampdoria on the (ah).

They're on a decent run of form themselves and haven't lost a lot goals. Looking into their record v the top 4 teams in the league and they have only lost by 2 goals or more once (when Juve beat them 4-0) which shows they have competed well as a whole. Remember they also beat Inter in the corresponding fixture 1-0.

Inter are formidable at (h) and on their day can put goals past anyone. I just feel that with the international break we might see bit more of a tired/disjointed Inter performance against a team who should have no problem being motivated to keep their good form going. 

Sampdoria have only lost by a 2 goal margin in 2 out of their last 22

There's value here.

Sampdoria (ah) +2 @ 1.83

best bookie is 1.59 for AH +2

Edited by NoFear