** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Interested to see how Front Page News goes in the 4.55 at Salisbury. Opened up at 20/1 last night early prices and by about 11ish the horse had been smashed into 6/1. Just had a quick look again and now 7/2 Favourite( May have been joint). Finished reasonably well LTO to take 5th but it looks like some inside information has prompted a massive gamble.
One would think the horse is weighted to go close. 4/1 atm now, Atzeni booked is interesting. If you got one the big prices early on you should sit on a decent bet I suppose... Edit: Finished a close 2nd! Flying at the end, but got going too late trailing the field for a long way. Feel sorry for the guys who backed the horse...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread That was a sickener for anybody who backed it, got going a couple of strides to late! Interesting to note after 20+ rides at Ascot without a sniff of a winner, De Sousa rode a four timer at Pontefract on Sunday and went to Salisbury today for 1 ride which made all at 20/1.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread And his ride on World Map (14/1) was excellent too, had both of them (Asatir 20/1) in a Lucky 31 with a couple of others, one placed at 14/1 and the other won at 8's, my biggest win to date. Incredible.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I'm cancelling my RP.com subscription soon , I don't use it enough to justify the £26 each month. That's the only site I use. What are decent free alternatives which include full replays and archive races? Also what's the best way to get the replays on without seeing the result first. On RP.com I have to really squint covering one eye and try to watch the replay without getting a glimpse of the results ,SP or dividends. On Derby day, I finished work late at night, got home put on C4 on demand, and the first page I got to showed Ruler of the World. The same with Ascot Gold Day, the page you click on to watch the days racing had A picture of Estimate. Both races I was looking forward to enjoying a glass of rose wine and the build up, as soon as I knew my money was down, I fast forwarded to the race, then put on Babestation for an hour or two.

I'm cancelling my RP.com subscription soon , I don't use it enough to justify the £26 each month. That's the only site I use. What are decent free alternatives which include full replays and archive races? Also what's the best way to get the replays on without seeing the result first. On RP.com I have to really squint covering one eye and try to watch the replay without getting a glimpse of the results ,SP or dividends. On Derby day, I finished work late at night, got home put on C4 on demand, and the first page I got to showed Ruler of the World. The same with Ascot Gold Day, the page you click on to watch the days racing had A picture of Estimate. Both races I was looking forward to enjoying a glass of rose wine and the build up, as soon as I knew my money was down, I fast forwarded to the race, then put on Babestation for an hour or two.
Sportinglife.com is set up in such a way that u can watch the replays without knowing the result first. Just use the tabs on the top and don't scroll down! Obviously u might have to avoid a headline if its a big race etc.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Erhaab, Racing UK website if free to join and you can watch replays, no results are seen on the racing replay page. ATR is also free and if you select replays from the top tab you dont see the result either, just the card in number order. Not sure about the archives? :ok

I'm cancelling my RP.com subscription soon , I don't use it enough to justify the £26 each month. That's the only site I use. What are decent free alternatives which include full replays and archive races? Also what's the best way to get the replays on without seeing the result first. On RP.com I have to really squint covering one eye and try to watch the replay without getting a glimpse of the results ,SP or dividends. On Derby day, I finished work late at night, got home put on C4 on demand, and the first page I got to showed Ruler of the World. The same with Ascot Gold Day, the page you click on to watch the days racing had A picture of Estimate. Both races I was looking forward to enjoying a glass of rose wine and the build up, as soon as I knew my money was down, I fast forwarded to the race, then put on Babestation for an hour or two.
Even if you used it a LOT - £26 PER per month is very much extracting the urine in a very big way, only one way for prices to come down, for people like you to stop paying it, lets them know they have overstepped the mark, its pure greed.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Just got back from work to see that the clerk of the course at Newcastle has watered the ground fairly heavily throughout the week and now that it has rained, the going has become good to soft, soft in places! Absolute joke and when I checked the BHA website last night they were predicting showers but still watered the course. Haggas isnt happy either: LEADING trainer William Haggas has hit out at the decision by the racecourse management at Newcastle to water the track in the run up to the John Smith's Northumberland Plate. Haggas, who is due to saddle leading fancy Sun Central in Saturday's £150,000 contest, said he was "livid" that clerk of the course James Armstrong had chosen to water prior to rain falling. Armstrong had around 7mm of water on the track during the week, but with up to 13mm of rain expected to fall during Friday the going is now good to soft, soft in places. "I am absolutely livid with this fellow putting water on when everyone could see there was a chance of rain so I shall pull him out if it's soft," Haggas said. "I have a runner in the first tonight. I have sent Sun Central there but he won't run if it's soft." Richard Fahey is set to be represented by Address Unknown and Ingleby Spirit in the Plate and he too is concerned by the change in underfoot conditions. "At the 48-hour stage the going was good," said Fahey. "Nobody could have predicted this. All week all we've been listening about is horses coming out because of the firm ground. "I am sure if we had made the decision at 10am this morning we would have a different race. That's the way the system is and that's what we've got to live with."

Just got back from work to see that the clerk of the course at Newcastle has watered the ground fairly heavily throughout the week and now that it has rained, the going has become good to soft, soft in places! Absolute joke and when I checked the BHA website last night they were predicting showers but still watered the course. Haggas isnt happy either: LEADING trainer William Haggas has hit out at the decision by the racecourse management at Newcastle to water the track in the run up to the John Smith's Northumberland Plate. Haggas, who is due to saddle leading fancy Sun Central in Saturday's £150,000 contest, said he was "livid" that clerk of the course James Armstrong had chosen to water prior to rain falling. Armstrong had around 7mm of water on the track during the week, but with up to 13mm of rain expected to fall during Friday the going is now good to soft, soft in places. "I am absolutely livid with this fellow putting water on when everyone could see there was a chance of rain so I shall pull him out if it's soft," Haggas said. "I have a runner in the first tonight. I have sent Sun Central there but he won't run if it's soft." Richard Fahey is set to be represented by Address Unknown and Ingleby Spirit in the Plate and he too is concerned by the change in underfoot conditions. "At the 48-hour stage the going was good," said Fahey. "Nobody could have predicted this. All week all we've been listening about is horses coming out because of the firm ground. "I am sure if we had made the decision at 10am this morning we would have a different race. That's the way the system is and that's what we've got to live with."
ILE DE RE Connections must think he is a shoe in now for a place....12/1 with PADDY POWER, First 4...for me, im happy with all the rain!

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Just read that former leading jumps owner DA Johnson ( blue/green/white colours or R Sangster colours in reverse ) has just passed away. For a number of years he owned a big string of horses mostly with MC Pipe which year after year helped him become Champion Trainer. He owned many decent horses, my personal favourite was one called Challenger du Luc, which won the Mackeson Gold Cup ( Paddy Power Gold Cup now) under champion jockey R Dunwoody.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread The Durban July, South Africa's biggest race, was ran at Greyville yesterday. Trainer Sean Tarry had the winner yet again, despite the poor performance of his best hope and last years July winner Pomodoro, who finished down the field. But his second runner, 16/1 chance Heavy Metal won the race in a dramatic finish. I love the way the winning jockey celebrated after the race. His first ever ride in the July and he won it!

I must say, I had a good bet on Sky Lantern today. Elusive Kate cost sky lantern 2-3 lengths there, and imo it's a joke if the result is not changed.
Unf, I don't think it will be.... Am putting this up as I very much hope it is and most things I put up on here turn out to be wrong....

Unf' date=' I don't think it will be.... Am putting this up as I very much[b'] hope it is and most things I put up on here turn out to be wrong....
The stewards won't amend the result, because they are a bunch of useless tools. If this was in france, the enquiry would have lasted 30 seconds and Elusive Kate would have been thrown out of 1st place, and in Ireland. Whats the point having rules when they are not enforced? I know I am pocket talking today, but i do feel hard done by.. Sky Lantern was shoved from the left hand side rail all the way over to the far rail in the space of less than 2 furlongs, if she was in a straight line, you have to think she would have been 2-3 lengths better off

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Interesting though.... Al Kazeem keeps the race and was unquestionably the best horse in the race on the day. Didn't help connections of the 3rd who lost 50k.... Was SL the best horse in the race today...? At least possibly.... But we can't know.... Would Mukadram have battled back on Saturday? Almost definatly not but we can't possibly know that either.... Could really do with this being reversed but don't see it :(

Absolute farce! Now, onto tomorrow... "Hello Victor, how much will you give me to leave the result unaltered?"
You say that but given that many Bookmakers pay out on Disqualified winners, in a 4 runner race (with the first and second fav involved), it could have cost them an absolute fortune... I think overall, I am glad we don't have the French rules - Al Kazeem and the like being thrown out would make it a bit silly. Swings n Roundabouts I suppose. Until you have all ex-rider Stewards, they won't want to apply any disgression with how the rules stand :(

You say that but given that many Bookmakers pay out on Disqualified winners, in a 4 runner race (with the first and second fav involved), it could have cost them an absolute fortune... I think overall, I am glad we don't have the French rules - Al Kazeem and the like being thrown out would make it a bit silly. Swings n Roundabouts I suppose. Until you have all ex-rider Stewards, they won't want to apply any disgression with how the rules stand :(
In accordance to the rulebook, which should be enforced, Sky Lantern was the rightful winner today. i don't see how disqualifying a horse that did not rightfully win is correct This is 1 million miles away from the Al Kazeem incident, as Al Kazeem was the best horse in the race by a mile.

In accordance to the rulebook, which should be enforced, Sky Lantern was the rightful winner today. i don't see how disqualifying a horse that did not rightfully win is correct This is 1 million miles away from the Al Kazeem incident, as Al Kazeem was the best horse in the race by a mile.
I think if you leave betting aside, then the worry is that the rules as they stand are not discouraging dangerous riding. I agree Al Kazeem was the best horse in the race by a mile but JD could have put PH over the rail - I've heard srguments that he let AK continue to drift knowing that he would keep the race - pure speculation imho... Today WB hits a horse in the face with his whip and then does it again - doing it once by 'accident' would be easier to accept!!! Seems about 50/50 as to whether or not Sky Lantern was the best horse today. Personally, I don't know - certainly it's a possibility. Get em back tomorrow!