** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Like us all he aint perfect' date=' but have always liked him, [b']he's not everyone's cup of tea but i have him down as top class.
Absolutely right, Jimmy. He's a character, does things in his own way, not everyone likes that of course, but in the end he's he hugely successful and comes across as a very approachable and down to earth type of person - and to be honest I just love the way he rides. But it's all about opinions as we know. Btw. can only recommend his autobiography. Really nice book. :ok

Going to Dubai for World Cup day next year, so was pulling some information together, and just encountered the following documentary about Meydan Racecourse, produced by National Geographic. Well worth to watch if not seen already: http://youtu.be/ElbrmX97M5I

http://youtu.be/ElbrmX97M5I

Some place, WOW!

No.............too much of it I watch the Breeders Cup but that's it Too much racing to keep up with here without trying to follow other countries as well..........:loon
Yes there is loads of racing there, but there can be some nice betting opportunities. Wise Dan won the race in a record time, which takes his career earnings to over $5m.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Watched the Morning line and Ch 4 racing, just how many times did the Oh so Posh Mrs Spencer say..............He got a good tune out it. She's a pain in the @rse! Answers on a post card to He got a good tune out it Channel 4 racing posh spencer Chelsea London PO Box posh1

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Great to see Tom O'Ryan back presenting on RUK yesterday - it's 4 months since the horrific accident which left him with many broken bones He can now get around with a walking stick and he looked really well in his face compared to a month ago when he was still gaunt and ill-looking

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread 7/10/2013 More wacky results today in this funny game of chance, what MUGS we are. [TABLE=class: tbl t3 mobile-collapse, width: 100%]

[TR] [TD=align: center]1st (5)[/TD] [TD=align: center][/TD] [TD=class: ixt]8 Give Us A Belle (IRE)[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]Mrs C A Dunnett[/TD] [TD=align: center]4[/TD] [TD=align: center]10-10 vt[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]Mr Antonio Ferramosca[/TD] [TD=class: mobile-hdn, align: center]50/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: note] [TD=colspan: 8]Pressed winner, led narrowly over 1f out, ridden and kept slight lead final furlong, just held on opened 33/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: center]2nd (4)[/TD] [TD=align: center]nse[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]2 Griffin Point (IRE)[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]W R Muir[/TD] [TD=align: center]6[/TD] [TD=align: center]11-8 b[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]Mr Kevin Tobin[/TD] [TD=class: mobile-hdn, align: center]15/8f[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: note] [TD=colspan: 8]Held up off the pace on outside, headway 2f oput, chased leading pair over 1f out, strong run under pressure inside final furlong, finished well, just failed opened 7/4[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread The 5:50 at Fairyhouse, today, is worth 1 euro to the winner. I thought it was a mistake but it seems to be true. Can anyone shed any light on this? It says the race is a sweepstake. The jockeys are all amateurs but there are several top trainers with runners in the race.

The 5:50 at Fairyhouse, today, is worth 1 euro to the winner. I thought it was a mistake but it seems to be true. Can anyone shed any light on this? It says the race is a sweepstake. The jockeys are all amateurs but there are several top trainers with runners in the race.
It appears to be related to an Irish TV reality show......'find a jockey' type of show........on the Irish language channel TG4 http://www.tg4.ie/en/programmes/jockey-eile.html

It appears to be related to an Irish TV reality show......'find a jockey' type of show........on the Irish language channel TG4 http://www.tg4.ie/en/programmes/jockey-eile.html
Yep, they are shooting the second season of "Jockey Eile" at the moment, which will be probably shown in the early month next year. The first season was a huge success and indeed great to watch. They take a bunch of people who have to qualify throughout the show for the next round, having to pass different tasks and challenges like jumping over fences and stuff. Top jockeys like Davy Russell and Kevin Manning making the decisions at the end of each episode who will make it into the next round. They also give advice and help. In the end only a handful of candidates remain in the show, and they have to pass the real amateur jockey licence test, in order to be able to race in the big race, which is the eventual highlight of the show and for what all the candidates aim for at the beginning. So the goal is to teach non-racing people who have the dream to race how to do that, and from 50 odd people right at the start only the ten best or so make it into the race itself in the end. I think you can find the first season on the TG4 site. It's with English subtitles, so no worries, I really liked it.:ok

Cracking charity card at Limerick tomorrow. Britain v Ireland Puzzled as to why Richard Johnson has more rides than both AP and Ruby though?
I think it had something to do with being with the public mate. I know Ruby and AP did a lot of walking around interacting with the locals and getting pictures taken, autographs etc.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Would you like or know anyone who would like; 2 general admission tickets to Kempton Park, for this Sun Oct 20th? i know this is short notice but i need to know asap so i can send them 1st class this afternoon p:s with respect established members will get prefrence over newer members