** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Did anyone happen to watch the build up to the Listed sprint @ Naas this evening(1925)? Snow Queen was a moderate drifter leading up to the off - out from around 4.5 to 5.75 @ the off, when she stood in the stalls with JOB not looking especially animated in my humble opinion. It's not such a massive drift and the 2nd was heavily backed but what alarms me is a Betfair SP, that was returned as 6.64!! This means that there was considerably more money wishing to lay Snow Queen at BSP than there was willing to back it, hence the price gets shunted out even further than the 3/1 she had been traded at all day. No significant financial interest on SQ but was just interested as to how she was behaving before the race. Am still undecided as to whether or not Irish Racing at Listed level is a viable long term proposition, betting wise. I don't have enough results to draw conclusions as yet but there do seem to be more potentially fishy goings on, on that side of the water.... There may be an easy explanation but was playing football....:eyes

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread See,,,i would have thought the stewards would have asked for samples etc...but im struggling to find anything.. if anything was asked for, surely punters need to know something...to my weak eye..id say she was in season....but the last time they brought AOB up for not being forthcoming with info ...he was found guilty...and fined 130 euros....:rollin

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Regarding the ride at Ballinrobe if the trainer told the jockey to stop the horse and the jockey made a mess of it then he deserved the punishment in addition to what he got from the trainer. The stable is going well at the moment and in a similar race on similar ground I will definitely be on. I don't know whether the horse was suspended but he should have been

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Regarding the ride at Ballinrobe if the trainer told the jockey to stop the horse and the jockey made a mess of it then he deserved the punishment in addition to what he got from the trainer. The stable is going well at the moment and in a similar race on similar ground I will definitely be on. I don't know whether the horse was suspended but he should have been
No joe no horse suspended...Jockey took the whole hit...Puzzles me..Young kid taking all that...Any how...couple of maidens in the festivals coming up...maybe then, maybe the time after.....Galway looks prime

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread One thing that's just annoyed me, and has annoyed me in the past althought it rarely happens, but Ryan While (7lb claimer) was replaced by Richard Hughes putting up 1lb over weight on Howyoudoingnotsobad in the 6.35 at Epsom. My whole reason for backing this was the weight, Ryan While quite a capable 7lb claimer and with his claim putting the horse well handicapped in my book at too bigger price (8/1 last night). Now announced not long before the off the horse is effectively carrying 8lbs more than what it was advertised as, so misleading. Not saying the horse would have won, cos the winner p*ssed it, but it's not the point, would have never placed the bet if I knew there wasnt a claimer on board. Whatever the apprentice is claiming they should be replaced by an apprentice claiming the same amount. Not right.

One thing that's just annoyed me, and has annoyed me in the past althought it rarely happens, but Ryan While (7lb claimer) was replaced by Richard Hughes putting up 1lb over weight on Howyoudoingnotsobad in the 6.35 at Epsom. My whole reason for backing this was the weight, Ryan While quite a capable 7lb claimer and with his claim putting the horse well handicapped in my book at too bigger price (8/1 last night). Now announced not long before the off the horse is effectively carrying 8lbs more than what it was advertised as, so misleading. Not saying the horse would have won, cos the winner p*ssed it, but it's not the point, would have never placed the bet if I knew there wasnt a claimer on board. Whatever the apprentice is claiming they should be replaced by an apprentice claiming the same amount. Not right.
I agree actually. Didn't back the horse or anything but jockey changes and overweight (especially in such a big swing as this) can be quite important and for you to place a bet because of such reasons is a bit frustrating. I always thought some sort of bookies where you could void your own bets would be good but it doesn't really benefit them to have you cancelling bets because a bucket load of rain has just fallen or whatever!

See' date=',,i would have thought the stewards would have asked for samples etc...but im struggling to find anything.. if anything was asked for, surely punters need to know something...to my weak eye..id say she was in season....but the last time they brought AOB up for not being forthcoming with info ...he was found guilty...and fined 130 euros....:rollin[/quote']i think trainers should voluntarily tell the media/public whether a filly/mare is in season or in foal. how often do we see a mare bolt up only for the commentator tell us the horse is in foal once shes crossed the winning post.information like this should be readily available,dont know how practical it will be ,but surely have a duty to the punters who support the industry via the bookies.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread SO many horses slow away..missing the break..giving lengths away...many examples yesterday...is this the NEW BLACK BACK IN TOWN...you can give weight in this game...but u can't give distance...especially over sprint races...take a look at Brighton bath Yarmouth yesterday...SPOT THE WRONGUNS

I agree with you here. It should be readily available info such as first time gelded. On another note, I've just received an email from betvictor offering me money back if my selection is 2nd to St Nicholas Abbey in the King George!
I've also ranted about this either in here or in the pub . When trainers have some sort of operation on a horse , the info should be readily available to punters. Paul Nicholls , David Pipe who punters put a lot of money on their horses , often refer to the succesful wind operation in the recent past especially after they've scooted up after a series of poor performances. Why not tell the public before the race , that they are very likely to leave their old form behind them.

SO many horses slow away..missing the break..giving lengths away...many examples yesterday...is this the NEW BLACK BACK IN TOWN...you can give weight in this game...but u can't give distance...especially over sprint races...take a look at Brighton bath Yarmouth yesterday...SPOT THE WRONGUNS
Big 1 tonight at York....draw your own conclusion ....

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Cool stuff! Watch the Grade 1 Gold Cup, ran at Greyville yesterday, from the back of Brendon Lerena's mount Shogunner. Impressive footage!

Gold Cup Race replay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk3e6iVYI6s On the same card Jackson won the G1 Champions Cup over 9f. The big boy is finally back after a couple of rather disappointing performances in the SA racing summer. He's a quirky sort but a real beauty and has so much talent, let's hope he can build on that to fulfil his potential finally: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfxZ6B4y2as

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread They must be saving the handicap mark for the Melbourne Cup for Mount Athos, cos that run was too abysmal to be true. Bloody delighted for Brown Panther though, backed it at Pontefract lto, genuinely thought he was up against it today, but well done Michael Owen, he puts a lot in to racing.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread So frustrated! Yes we all know what the main target is for this horse but why the hell run him in one of the biggest races at one of the best meetings of the year with no intention of trying to win. I should know better by now but you just think they surely wouldn't be running him in this race just to keep him ticking over... they could do that with any old race at any old meeting :@

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Winner Moviesta drifts violently left and completely prevents Tickled Pink from winning. Then Swiss Spirit was coming with a late burst, and he came across and intimidated that horse. I think Moviesta was the best horse in the race, but why should a horse be allowed to win a race in this fashion, the same as Elusive Kate v Sky Lantern although not as bad?