** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

While I'm having a look at it, I thought I'd mention that there have been 9 seperate winners from the field of 17 that took part in a Newmarket fillies maiden in April (1:45 on 18/4/13). Keep an eye out for the winner, Fireblaze and 2nd placed Blhadawa. They were only a neck apart and are yet to race again. There has actually been 21 runs from this race, for the 9 wins. Backing all of them would have given you a profit of 5.41pts. 4th placed Kiyoshi ran last week and won at 8/11.
Kiyoshi is running in the first at Ascot today :ok Obviously a different kettle of fish to a maiden but will be interesting to see how it works out.

Someone call the fire brigade to try and prise Clare Balding's tongue from the Queen's arse. :p
I'm not a fan of hers. She can be be very disrespectful to jockeys and owners. I've not seen the races yet, gonna watch it later with a glass of red. Remember the presentation of the 2011 Derby. In reference to the Irish / Jewish owners and French jockey / trainer combo........" ....its not the result we wanted to see.........." How disrespectful is that?

I'm not a fan of hers. She can be be very disrespectful to jockeys and owners. I've not seen the races yet, gonna watch it later with a glass of red. Remember the presentation of the 2011 Derby. In reference to the Irish / Jewish owners and French jockey / trainer combo........" ....its not the result we wanted to see.........." How disrespectful is that?
She's sickly with it. We get it, you love the royals and probably quaff champagne with them and stuff but the way she rattles on is irritating. She knows her stuff regards racing and doesn't have to suffer that little fool Carson anymore but she has the brownest nose ever.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I find her very condescending and she just loves to pick up on faults that could potentially embarass others. Everyone knows about her comments to Liam Treadwell regarding his teeth after the GN. Yesterday she picks up on Fallon's name on the back of William Buick's helmet. I don't think many jockeys like her either. I'd love to see someone up and coming present it instead of her. Maybe an ex jockey or something.

I find her very condescending and she just loves to pick up on faults that could potentially embarass others. Everyone knows about her comments to Liam Treadwell regarding his teeth after the GN. Yesterday she picks up on Fallon's name on the back of William Buick's helmet. I don't think many jockeys like her either. I'd love to see someone up and coming present it instead of her. Maybe an ex jockey or something.
What did she say to Treadwell? Wasn't really into racing at the time of his Grand National win. In agreement regardless though, would love to see her and especially Nick Luck off the show, don't add a lot to it at all.

She said now that he's won he can afford to have his teeth done! I don't think it bothered him at the time and he got them done for free in the end. Matt Chapman said something similar to a smiling Killian Moore after a Towcester win this year in reference to that which made me grin. Seemed to go over everyone else's head who was there though! I think Nick Luck is ok, you're right that he doesn't add anything but I don't find him annoying. I reckon anyone else in the team could take over from him really and we wouldn't know he's gone.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Obviously pleased with that. Not so pleased with staying disciplined and not increasing my stakes, although can't complain at being up on the day. I've put them with 3 shorties later on that works out as almost 900/1. Why were they going on about the draw before the 3:45? Obviously not ideal but Kiyoshi had already won from stall 20?!

Wait a minute, don't you have to bet on the Hughes horse to get your money back with that offer? Sent from my GT-I9100 using PL Forum
Oh!!! I hope not because they have been getting business from me they weren't due if that's the case! I read it as 'If RH is placed then they'd return stakes on any selection up to £25' - Now I write it down it seems unlikely!!! I'll check.....

Oh!!! I hope not because they have been getting business from me they weren't due if that's the case! I read it as 'If RH is placed then they'd return stakes on any selection up to £25' - Now I write it down it seems unlikely!!! I'll check.....
Seems it any horsein the race J - and must include the winners he rides too cos they've chucked £25 in my account - best use it before it's shut down! ;)

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Fair play to Ladbrokes who actually took the unusual step of laying their advertised prices in the shops at 900 this week!!! You know the game has changed when you have to be greatful to a Bookie for actually laying the odds they have compiled!! Todays exchange - 901.... - Hi, I'd like XXX on Bunker at 7/2 but the price hasn't changed back from 3/1 - There's a non-runner so the prices have to change (Pricewise horse also not available at the advertised 9/1) - Ahem...... The Non-Runner was 200/1 shot :eyes - Yeah - that's why we had to change the prices... - That's less than half of 1% of the market yet you've moved one from 7/2 to 3/1 and one from 9/1 to 8/1. That's 3 or 4% difference - (blank look of confusion):unsure - Don't worry about it (loudly) - I'll go home and back it on Betfair :p

Fair play to Ladbrokes who actually took the unusual step of laying their advertised prices in the shops at 900 this week!!! You know the game has changed when you have to be greatful to a Bookie for actually laying the odds they have compiled!! Todays exchange - 901.... - Hi, I'd like XXX on Bunker at 7/2 but the price hasn't changed back from 3/1 - There's a non-runner so the prices have to change (Pricewise horse also not available at the advertised 9/1) - Ahem...... The Non-Runner was 200/1 shot :eyes - Yeah - that's why we had to change the prices... - That's less than half of 1% of the market yet you've moved one from 7/2 to 3/1 and one from 9/1 to 8/1. That's 3 or 4% difference - (blank look of confusion):unsure - Don't worry about it (loudly) - I'll go home and back it on Betfair :p
as i understand it saint that will ve happening for a small window at that time every week. doesnt bother me my shop opens at half nine!!! Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

as i understand it saint that will ve happening for a small window at that time every week. doesnt bother me my shop opens at half nine!!! Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks Dan - that'll be great if that's the case - cheers. To be fair, they did get round to changing it to 7/2 at 9:10 but I was long gone! Managed to lay some 4.0 last night so it turned out better to play back on the exchanges anway.:ok

Jesus' date=' Hanagan falls through the fence then Thomas Chippendale collapses after crossing the line. Hope all parties are OK but doesn't look good for the winner.[/quote'] I'm sure you're aware by now, horse had heart attack, collapsed and died after the line. Awful scenes.

Ends today mate' date=' I'll be at Ponty with the peasants tomorrow. :p[/quote'] Thank Feck, some stunning outfits, some nice peaches and lemons today, not so many floral summer patterns today. Roll on Man racing - The Jumps.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Jockey A Culhane has quit race riding. A popular northern based jockey who for many years was the number 1 jockey on the flat for the Reveley stable. In recent years his name was intrinsically linked to popular Sheikh Mohammed cast off Quito who won many many races at listed level and also the Ayr Gold Cup. At a time when jockeys and trainers are struggling to make ends meet, Culhane has decided to switch to the other side of the sport and plough his money into becoming a trainer joining popular trainers like G Baker, J Hughes, D Flood,B Ellison , D Wintle, J Osborne, Mrs K Burke , Graham Bradley, JF Egan etc. Only time will tell if he's a success, I'm sure he'll have plenty of owners ringing his bell such as Miles Rogers.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Yeah, he won at Hickstead Jay. A lot of old racehorses are showing these days. I'm off to Barbury Castle week on Sunday, Alan King's place, a three day event and Denman and Kauto Star are appearing on the Sunday. Should be a good day, XCountry with some top riders plus the final of the Retraining of Racehorses competition at 11.30 Heres a link if anyone interested in going, lots to look at, great for photos too! http://www.barburyhorsetrials.co.uk

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Interested to see how Front Page News goes in the 4.55 at Salisbury. Opened up at 20/1 last night early prices and by about 11ish the horse had been smashed into 6/1. Just had a quick look again and now 7/2 Favourite( May have been joint). Finished reasonably well LTO to take 5th but it looks like some inside information has prompted a massive gamble.