Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Winner Moviesta drifts violently left and completely prevents Tickled Pink from winning. Then Swiss Spirit was coming with a late burst, and he came across and intimidated that horse. I think Moviesta was the best horse in the race, but why should a horse be allowed to win a race in this fashion, the same as Elusive Kate v Sky Lantern although not as bad?
You have to punch and drag a jockey off a horse to be disqualified in the uk...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread This game sometimes, really does make me wonder what on earth the BHA actually do into investigating laying of horses. 5:00 Bangor,a certain horse drifts from around 5-6/1 to 14/1 before the off and ends up tailing off after running at a suicidial pace. Ahern guilty of these underhand tactics and rightly so but these smaller tracks/races need to be checked at times for me.

This game sometimes' date=' really does make me wonder what on earth the BHA actually do into investigating laying of horses. 5:00 Bangor,a certain horse drifts from around 5-6/1 to 14/1 before the off and ends up tailing off after running at a suicidial pace. Ahern guilty of these underhand tactics and rightly so but these smaller tracks/races need to be checked at times for me.[/quote'] Was a Barron runner the other day. Forecast to go off favourite and opened up around 3/1. By post time it gets sent off at 15/2 and scrambles home for 6th of 7 - never looking like getting involved. Makes taking early prices (especially at a lower level) all the more risky. There was no chance that horse could win (especially from such a yard) after drifting. I suppose you pay your money and take your chance as a lot of the time you do actually get a better price early doors.

Was a Barron runner the other day. Forecast to go off favourite and opened up around 3/1. By post time it gets sent off at 15/2 and scrambles home for 6th of 7 - never looking like getting involved. Makes taking early prices (especially at a lower level) all the more risky. There was no chance that horse could win (especially from such a yard) after drifting. I suppose you pay your money and take your chance as a lot of the time you do actually get a better price early doors.
Absolutely spot on. I fell for it as I thought the favourite wasn't 100% and the 2nd favourite was definitely for taking on, with the McCain horse running fairly well in behind it the day it won. Had an EW bet at around 6/1 15 minutes before the start, then it starts drifting violently out to 14/1 and ran like it did. Obviously pocket talking ranting straight away but on reflection its still strange to see it happen, drifters do win but these yards are laughing win or lose for me at times. Lesson learnt anyway lol.

4 for Segal on Sat 2.05 Goodwood Links Drive Lady 14/1 2.40 Goodwood Royal Skies 8/1 3.50 Goodwood Humidor 28/1 3.50 Goodwood Ninjago 14/1
Those prices are surely complete bollocks? I am also on Links Drive Lady and Royal Skies but and whilst I did take 14/1 I did it at around 6pm last night and I could only get 6/1 on Royal Skies at about half 6 and despite me checking the price hasn't got any bigger.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I need quick help please on a bet return. I have placed a £3 lucky 15 today on my 4 selections that i posted on here. 1 non runner, 16/1 and 11/1 winners and a loser. Could someone please tell me what I should get back as I don't know what happens with a non runner. I thought I would be getting around £600 back but I have put the bet into a calculator and its saying something different. Just want clarification before I go collect. Thanks!

Cheers Blazing' date=' I still don't understand how they work it out with the non runner though[/quote'] You get 2 singles at the win odds Plus money back single on the NR You then get the winning double and as you had a nr you get the 2 win singles again As doubles ie 1 winner + nr Then the treble again is the winning double plus the nr Repeat this for the we part as well What did it pay?

You get 2 singles at the win odds Plus money back single on the NR You then get the winning double and as you had a nr you get the 2 win singles again As doubles ie 1 winner + nr Then the treble again is the winning double plus the nr Repeat this for the we part as well What did it pay?
Instead of the 600ish I was expecting as I was watching Boro and just thought London Bridge had finished unplaced, I got back 1401

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread The dreadful Shergar Cup is back again, a concept they have not got right despite having its debut about 15 years ago. I see they have chosen Fallon and Dettori to ride. It seems those in charge simply brush their past under the carpet.What sort of role models are they? They never write or say anything bad about them in the media. Frankie got a hero's welcome back in May. On a positive note, I'm very much looking forward to seeing M Stoute's former stable jockey Gary Stevens, in my opinion he the best jockey I have ever seen ride in this country. Some of you may argue it may be Lester Piggott or even Young Joseph, for me it's G Stevens. Watch him on Saturday and you'll see why.

To be fair, Dettori is no cheat. I agree that he should not have had a heroes welcome but he did nothing to disgrace horse racing although he did plenty to tarnish himself. The Shergar cup is certainly does not offer me serious betting opportunities and I will be bypassing the card but it does offer a different element to racing and I can understand why some people like it. Sent from my GT-I9100 using PL Forum

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I think I may have been too harsh about the Shergar Cup in the past, I hope they have addressed many of my dislikes such as the indistinguishable colours of the teams , having a max field of 10 when there are 12 competitors, and also horse racing is not a team event, we the punters are betting on individual horses so I hope team tactics don't come into play. As for Dettori, yes he didn't commit a crime, but his true colours have come through in the last year, if I was his new boss I'd question his loyalty after doing the dirty on Sheikh Mohammed. His only loyalty is to himself.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Frankie has just won a Listed race at Deauville for his new retainer Sheik I don't mind the Shergar Cup...............it's only one meeting a year ! I don't actually watch it and I wouldn't look at the races for betting but I might flick over from RUK for the 'off' times

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread not long now and the jumps season will start to kick in thank god taken from elsewhere Holidays are over for Nicky Henderson's stable stars Trainer Nicky Henderson welcomed back several of his stable stars this week after their summer breaks. The Lambourn trainer beat Paul Nicholls to the trainers' title last season and his powerful team for this season make him the bookies' favourite to land back-to-back titles – he's 1/ 5 with Ladbrokes to do just that! His team from last season remains pretty much intact for the 2013-14 campaign, and what a team he has at his disposal! First off the juggernaut horseboxes arriving at Seven Barrows in Lambourn earlier this week was Gold Cup hero Bob's Worth, and he was quickly joined by wonder horse Sprinter Sacre and Arkle winner Simonsig. All looked well after their summer out at grass, although they were all carrying plenty of condition, something which Henderson will no doubt be keen to work on. He said: “They all look fantastic after their holidays and it's nice to have them back. They've had three weeks on the walkers and tomorrow will start a further three weeks of trotting about here, though not on the road, before moving on to a steady banter.” Sprinter Sacre was completing a three-hour journey from his holiday pastures at Juliet and David Minton's Mill House Stud in Much Wenlock, Shropshire. This season, he will be bidding to extend his unbeaten sequence over fences to 11, with Sandown's Tingle Creek Chase earmarked for his reappearance. That race is over two miles but he'll likely be stepping back up in trip at some point, having proved his stamina for 2m4f when winning at Aintree in the spring. Paddy Power make him 7/2 favourite for the King George on Boxing Day and just 1/2 to repeat his success in last season's Queen Mother Champion Chase. It was a trip of little more than 20 minutes for Bobs Worth and Simonsig, who were holiday companions and spent the summer under the care of Charlie and Tracy Vigors at Hillwood stud, near Marlborough. Running plans for both are still pretty fluid, although Hendesron has mentioned the possibility of starting Bob's Worth over hurdles, with Ascot's Long Walk one of the races under consideration. The eight-year-old is a general 3/1 shot to retain his Gold Cup crown next March and 5/2 with BetVictor, who are “non-runner free-bet” on all their Cheltenham Festival ante post markets. Henderson is keen to keep Simonsig apart from Sprinter Sacre for as long as possible, with Henderson saying of the Arkle winner: “I doubt that hurdling will be on the agenda for Simonsig, although I've always considered he has the ability to win a Champion Hurdle.” Simonsig is a top price 7/1 with Boylesports for the 2014 Queen Mother Champion Chase, behind stablemate Sprinter Sacre (2/5). That would be some race! 214 days, 15 hours, 48 minutes and 33 seconds until the 2014 Cheltenham Festival!

I think I may have been too harsh about the Shergar Cup in the past, I hope they have addressed many of my dislikes such as the indistinguishable colours of the teams , having a max field of 10 when there are 12 competitors, and also horse racing is not a team event, we the punters are betting on individual horses so I hope team tactics don't come into play. As for Dettori, yes he didn't commit a crime, but his true colours have come through in the last year, if I was his new boss I'd question his loyalty after doing the dirty on Sheikh Mohammed. His only loyalty is to himself.
I enjoyed watching the different jockeys , but the format is still dreadful. From a distance it still looks like 4 sets of colours , you cannot distinguish the team mates. Why still have jockeys sit out , 12 jockeys why not 12 horses instead of 10 , there is no logistical reason is there ? I see Godolphin have supported the event having boycotted it for a period for unknown reasons.

I enjoyed watching the different jockeys , but the format is still dreadful. From a distance it still looks like 4 sets of colours , you cannot distinguish the team mates. Why still have jockeys sit out , 12 jockeys why not 12 horses instead of 10 , there is no logistical reason is there ? I see Godolphin have supported the event having boycotted it for a period for unknown reasons.
I found it very easy to distinguish the horses today. 1) If you were watching the race, you should know what stall your horse is coming out of. 2) If you are unsure, the commentator is on hand to tell you. 3) The jockey team-mates all wore different colour caps, and was very easy to distinguish. I must say, I enjoyed watching it today. It only happens once a year, it adds a bit of colour and flare to UK racing IMO.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I think the fact I'm going bald , theres no hair to keep my brain warm , I find it hard to memorize the different caps too. Maybe for you its easier to tell them apart , maybe you have more hair , maybe you're a little younger too. Agree it was enjoyable to watch , maybe in future they should have it as the main event of the day rather than play second fiddle to the Telescope race at Haydock.

I think the fact I'm going bald , theres no hair to keep my brain warm , I find it hard to memorize the different caps too. Maybe for you its easier to tell them apart , maybe you have more hair , maybe you're a little younger too. Agree it was enjoyable to watch , maybe in future they should have it as the main event of the day rather than play second fiddle to the Telescope race at Haydock.
I have no hair but 4 years younger than you, found them easy to tell apart, very easy, when i have a bet in a race am only watching my horse and jockey anyway. And hair is overrated, most of us men end up bald, chicks get cellulite, men get bald, its no big deal.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Has anyone actually seen this ride that Martin Dwyer has now been banned for 8 months for? I have never seen it but this decision has to to be one of the worst ever made. If the BHA don't intervene then it will be an absolute joke