** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the day Tuesday 25th november 2014

corky

Re: Nap of the day Tuesday 25th november 2014 Lingfield 1:00 - Sand Artist WIN @ 5/2 Sky Bet Venetia Williams always tends to thrive when the soft/heavy ground comes and the ones with the crap form figures are normally the ones she wins with. This horse has shown poor form over hurdles but makes his chase debut off a mark of 73, for a yard bang in form, in a poor race. Was very well backed last time out so can give the horse another chance.

Re: Nap of the day Tuesday 25th november 2014 2.50 Sedgefield - Brother Scott win @ 13/8 BetVictor Good second lto at Kelso behind Uno Valoroso who has since gone on to win again. Brother Scott comes here on the same mark and if he can run up to a similar level then he should go close. He won't want any more rain but if the ground stays as it is he should be able to cope as he has been placed on soft ground in the past. Pistol Basc might need the run, Carters Rest won lto but I feel the 8lb rise should be enough to stop him. Odds On Dan hasn't been in good form and Zazamix should really be winning a race soon and is probably the danger on a really low mark for what he has done in the past but he hasn't won in over 2 years and has been a pretty distant loser in his last few races including a 52 length third 2 races ago.

Re: Nap of the day Tuesday 25th november 2014 Sedgefield 2.20 - Amir Pasha (1pts win, 2/1 Bet365) Likes it here at Sedgefield and his last two wins have come at the track over this distance so conditions will suit. He is also 10lbs lower then his last win here so should have a say in matters here.

Re: Nap of the day Tuesday 25th november 2014 12.30 Lingers: The Green Ogre 6/5 Boyles/Coral Originally looked at this race to oppose the favourite but after ploughing through the form book and looking at the ratings I've decided the Moore runner looks a solid bet in this company. Had 7 goes over hurdles and yet to win but his third in heavy ground at Haydock would be more than good enough here and i reckon he ran into a decent horse last time out at Fontwell.

Re: Nap of the day Tuesday 25th november 2014 15.10 Southwell: Handicap (Class 5) - Street Artist: Overcame widest draw and poor start to make all & win with plenty in hand lto. Pedigree to do really well on fibresand. Big chance under penalty. - Classic Colori: Has been hurdling lately. Potentially on very fair mark and good chance to go well on fibresand, but trip the big question mark. Though bit of stamina on dam side. - Yul Finegold: Fine second lto and 2lb rise in the weights leveled out through 7lb claimer on board today. Hasn’t won over 12f yet (0/5) and fibresand debut. - Luv U Whatever: Four times course winner, drop in class. May found 12f tick too far and not particularly well handicapped. - Layline: Has been placed in three of four Southwell starts. Gets the trip but mark high enough. - Royal Marskell: Good runner-up earlier this month, can race off same mark. - Mixed Message: Won seller lto. Didn’t land a blow in handicaps this year. Hard to know what to expect off current mark. - Reach The Beach: CD winner earlier this month, beating Royal Marskell that day. Cam well clear and chance to follow up. Verdict: I can't see why Luv U Whatever is a short as 5/2 and heading the market. His Southwell record is impressive but the trip seems too far judged on previous forms and given his current mark doesn't appear to be particularly generous, I find it easy to oppose him. Reach The Beach as recent course and distance winner should be right in the mix. She won well earlier this month and off a revised mark she can still go well today. Royal Marksell was fair and square beaten in the same race as a second that day and despite the swing in the weights, he may be simply in the grip of the handicapper. Street Artist tops the weights and is turned out quickly under a penalty a recent success at Wolverhampton. He must rate a big chance and looks overpriced. Leaving the turf forms aside, he has very strong All-Weather form to offer and his most recent success was visually very impressive. He had the widest draw to overcome, started poorly, yet jumped soon to the front of the field and set a very fair pace. Yet he was well able to quicken in the closing stages to draw clear and win in excellent style. He looks like an improving horse on the All-Weather and the switch to Southwell shouldn't stop that at all. He appeared to be perfectly fine on the fibresand on his first start when 2nd in a maiden last year, and on pedigree he has very strong credentials to well on this surface. Street Artist @ 7/2 Coral

Re: Nap of the day Tuesday 25th november 2014 15:40 Southwell: BEST TAMAYUZ @ 7/2 BetVictor Paddy Power The owner Paul J. Dixon has a strike-rate of 60% (three wins from five runners) in the last fortnight and his BEST TAMAYUZ (3) is worth chancing in his bid for a hat-trick despite a 6lb penalty, given he landed a course double with authority in recent weeks showing marked improvement on fibresand since hooded.

Re: Nap of the day Tuesday 25th november 2014 3:40 Southwell: Lucky Mark @ 9/1 Stan James e/w thanks Lucky Mark.......from John Balding yard the 5yo been with various other trainers in its short career so far and came to this yard in June this year from Garry Moss , Had two runs on Turf when first came to yard but have concentrated on AW since those two place finishes on Turf, The AW runs have been at Southwell and Wolverhampton over 5f and 6f and has saw in run in 4 place finishes out of 5 runs, Its last run came 7 days ago here over 6f when it finished 2nd behind Best Tamayuz who's in race again today with Lucky Mark being better off in the weights today I can see a reversal of placing today wither that's enough to win race who knows, Jockey Shane Gray keeps the ride and still receiving a 5lb allowance and is running off the same mark as last race

Re: Nap of the day Tuesday 25th november 2014 1.00 lingfield strange bird gets the kiss of death from me today. i feel this horse is very hit and miss, but does have the ability to win this race if on a going day. trip and groundnot a concern to me and a mark of 85 is very fair if finding best form. small field could play into her hands, so fingers crossed. 1 point win 7/1 betfred bog

Re: Nap of the day Tuesday 25th november 2014 3.00 Ling - Little Jimmy - win at 11/8 bog bet365 handicap chase doubts about most of these on account of trip, ground or current form My selection is the least problematic being a CD winner who acts on the ground and has been running fairly consistently. He should be able to win off his current mark of 85 as he's previously won off 84 and 86 returns to the minimum trip after a few runs over further. first time visor might sharpen him up