Tennis - French Open

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - French Open Berdych's outright price is too short in the 1.50s and even the -3 handicap is poor at 1.775. The overs line has been smashed to bits too. Looking like one to leave tomorrow. I can't call it - both supremely talented but both can bottle at the big moment. This match is huge for both players. I have a feeling Federer might beat Soderling a little more comfortably than first anticipated, but I think I'll be keeping my money away from that one too - another toughie at the markets. Will decide for definite tomorrow, but could be a day to just sit back and relax.

Re: Tennis - French Open I can't help fancying Schiavone to beat Wozniacki. The Italian seems to have a bit more variety than Pennetta and with that backhand she can hang with the Dane when it comes the long rallies, slicing and coming over the ball. Penetta's like to hit winners with the backhand and make the point as short as possible, wheras Schiavone can hit winners also but she'll set the points up more and not get frustrated and angst ridden like Pennetta. Could be a long one as well.

Re: Tennis - French Open Right as nobody as given specific tips yet, i'm going to stick my head out and give a few, although i'm not sure which ones i'm going to do tomorrow. 1) Federer to win straight sets 10/11-Ladbrokes- Watching Federer this tournament has underlined this bet. He and Nadal are still a long way from the rest in my opinion, although i do believe Nadal will win it eventually, i reckon Federer could cruise this in 3 sets. Defending champion, won't want to give it up yet. 2) Petrova to win- 1.62 StanJames- Must admit i thought Williams would do her in the last game but she was a class above the American, breaking her deadly serve fairly comfortable. Think she will have a bit too much for Dementieva, perhaps in 3 sets, but would go for Petrova to win straight off. 3) Youzhny to beat Berdych-2.79 Bwin- Think I'm the only one who really fancies Youzhny through and through but could be some money in this. Berdych is well renound for cracking in the big games, moreso than his opponent and he has struggled against the Russian in previous encounters. Berdych didnt have to do anything special against Murray but this will certainly push him a great deal further, and in my opinion, too far. That's my first ever tips blog thingy, any good or should i not bother again lol? :hope

Re: Tennis - French Open

Right as nobody as given specific tips yet, i'm going to stick my head out and give a few, although i'm not sure which ones i'm going to do tomorrow. 1) Federer to win straight sets 10/11-Ladbrokes- Watching Federer this tournament has underlined this bet. He and Nadal are still a long way from the rest in my opinion, although i do believe Nadal will win it eventually, i reckon Federer could cruise this in 3 sets. Defending champion, won't want to give it up yet. 2) Petrova to win- 1.62 StanJames- Must admit i thought Williams would do her in the last game but she was a class above the American, breaking her deadly serve fairly comfortable. Think she will have a bit too much for Dementieva, perhaps in 3 sets, but would go for Petrova to win straight off. 3) Youzhny to beat Berdych-2.79 Bwin- Think I'm the only one who really fancies Youzhny through and through but could be some money in this. Berdych is well renound for cracking in the big games, moreso than his opponent and he has struggled against the Russian in previous encounters. Berdych didnt have to do anything special against Murray but this will certainly push him a great deal further, and in my opinion, too far. That's my first ever tips blog thingy, any good or should i not bother again lol? :hope
The write up and reasoning seem good... but if I was following you... how do I know which to follow if you don't even know yourself what your going to do tomorrow!! If you gave bet strengths also, that would be great!! Just pointing that out... I rarely tip myself... I'm a professional 'follower'!!

Re: Tennis - French Open Here are my tips for June 01. 1) Roger Federer vs Robin Soderling. Under 37.5 games 1.90 @ Unibet Unibet has added extra half game here. No idea why but anyway can't see any difference as I would have taken even under 35 games to be perfectly honest. This will be very tough for Soderling mentally because he has never beaten Federer in competitive match and has won just 2 sets out of 20. Terrible stats to say the least. Federer is completely up for this tournament as it's Grand Slam event. Roger will have the right tactics for this one and will work his way through. Unless he loses a set which I don't think will happen I can not see this match going over 37.5 games coz there won't be 3 tie-breaks. Maybe one but definitely not 3. Soderling is vulnerable on his serve as it was perfectly seen in his last match against Cilic and Federer make him pay for his errors.

2) Tomas Berdych vs Mikhail Youzhny. Berdych -3.5 games 1.86 @ 188bet No idea what is this all about but have to admit that Youzhny doesn't have any chance of surviving this one. Berdych is in devastating form and blowing everybody off the court. He's yet to drop a set and with Youzhny having serving issues as always you have to feel sorry for Misha as Berdych will hammer him. Not ruling out 4 sets or even 5 but I reckon all in all Berdych should be too good for Youzhny. 3) Francesca Schiavone vs Caroline Wozniacki. Schiavone to win 2.73 @ Pinnacle This has an upset written all over it. Wozniacki has been fighting very hard and got thru a marathon 3 hour long 3-setter against Pennetta in previous round. Pennetta actually should have won in straight sets but messed up big time. Schiavone is completely different animal. She has got what it takes to make wozniacki run very much and make her leg injury worse. Schiavone has won the sole H2H and is a favorite to advance from this tie in my opinion. GL!

4) Elena Dementieva vs Nadia Petrova. Dementieva to win 2.55 @ 5Dimes I have a strange feeling this will be the end of the road for Petrova. She has been lucky to get this far. Szavay turned up ill, Rezai made billion unforced errors before throwing away 3 match points but Venus lost her way in the second set after being a break up. Dementieva is having a bit of injury but she has had a days rest and will be fine. Both players suck on serve but overall Dementieva is a bit better and I reckon her defensive abilities will be crucial here because Petrova hates long rallies and will try to make them as short as possible therefore being inpatient and making tons of errors. Besides Petrova has not been past quarterfinals in any of this year's tournaments. She has lost 4 1/4finals. This will number 5. Massive value in Demi here!

Re: Tennis - French Open Looks a tough day for gambling, already took Berdych at 8/13 on Sunday night but not taking any others. Fed/Soderling could be tricky.Soderling has chances to keep at least one set, maybe two very tight...in a tie-break who knows. I'd say Fed in 3 or 4 but not gonna bother with anything here as the overs and handicaps will be dependent on Soderling nicking one of those tight sets. Think Berdych will crush Youzhny, weather looks average today maybe not as bad as Sunday.Youzhny has plenty of variety on the backhand side so will cause problems but just can't see Berdych falling here. Superior serve, looks mentally better this year(for the most part anyway) and looks like he's hitting winners for fun. Berdych in 4 maximum in my view. Lads are right about Schiavone posing different questions for Wozniacki, though I think her price is about right. Pennetta had the match on her racquet but missed many easy-ish forehands.Schiavone is a tricky one, if i remember right she also has a winning record aganst a better player in Radwanska who just can't deal with her slice, shows how important match-ups are in tennis. Wozniacki is a great defender though and a scrapper, I didn't see their previous match which Schiavone won on hard but I'm still wondering if she can win by making Wozniacki make alot of errors....can't call a winner here. Petrova, who knows?:lol...two chokers I'd say but I think is Petrova serves as well as she did the other day she can win,. Demetieva also has an unreliable serve. But if Petrova could consistently serve well she would have had a better career so far so can understand Demetieva pick.Have a sneaky feeling Petrova can reach the final to be honest but again will leave it.

Re: Tennis - French Open I've decided I'm going to bite in the match between Tomas Berdych and Mikhail Youzhny. I've given this match an awful lot of thought and although Youzhny has won their last two meetings on clay, I'm going to go with the unders here. The line is too high at 39.5 games and you're getting 2.07 on it. I've noticed a big change in Berdych this year - yes, he's been a choker in the past, but he's made a few finals, including Miami, and has been devastating in this tournament. His serve and groundstrokes have been incredible. Power, flatness, accuracy, I think he'll eventually find a way to hit through the Russian. I've watched Youzhny so many times and he's a choker too - throws up presents on his serve. He dropped a set to Viktor Troicki, a similar kind of player in terms of tactics, in this tournament, and lost to Ernests Gulbis in Madrid on clay, who plays a very similar game to Berdych. Youzhny may nick a set or keep one or two close, but the under 39.5 game line is built to absorb that. We have to go on form here, and Berdych is in tremendous fettle going into this. I said yesterday it's a huge game for both men but Berdych is the more stable of the two with his serve. No value in him now though, so I'll take the unders line here at what I think is a generous price. My selection for today is: - Under 39.5 games between Tomas Berdych and Mikhail Youzhny at 2.07 with Pinnacle (3/10) :hope

Re: Tennis - French Open Hello Guys, Not a poster in tennis forums myself. But like Perry, a regular follower. Though i do play decent stakes. Some great tippings and so just wanted to give the posters a KUDOS :ok Keep up the good work. Though from todays tippings, i dont think anyone is quite sure what to xpect. Likely winners are very discounted and all the lines, too stretched or odds too low. So looks like a day to enjoy tennis with a beer in your hand, rather than betting slips :lol Am not gonna act like am a professional and so just am giving a tip on gut feeling. Youzyny - Berdych 35 - 40 games @ 3/1 A risky bet, so maybe low stakes. But just feel a lot of scenarios point to this bet and the odds are healthy. My first post in tennis, so maybe beginners luck. :D Good Luck all.

Hello Guys, Not a poster in tennis forums myself. But like Perry, a regular follower. Though i do play decent stakes. Some great tippings and so just wanted to give the posters a KUDOS :ok Keep up the good work. Though from todays tippings, i dont think anyone is quite sure what to xpect. Likely winners are very discounted and all the lines, too stretched or odds too low. So looks like a day to enjoy tennis with a beer in your hand, rather than betting slips :lol Am not gonna act like am a professional and so just am giving a tip on gut feeling. Youzyny - Berdych 35 - 40 games @ 3/1 A risky bet, so maybe low stakes. But just feel a lot of scenarios point to this bet and the odds are healthy. My first post in tennis, so maybe beginners luck. :D Good Luck all.
Welcome to the tipping game play2win. I certainly think your bet is feasible, given that I've taken unders. Sometimes gut instinct is the best thing to follow. Should be a cracking match regardless of the betting outcome.

The write up and reasoning seem good... but if I was following you... how do I know which to follow if you don't even know yourself what your going to do tomorrow!! If you gave bet strengths also' date=' that would be great!! Just pointing that out... I rarely tip myself... I'm a professional 'follower'!![/quote'] Sorry Perry you can tell it was my first time lol. I think I've decided to go for the Federer Soderling under 37.5 games at decent odds of 5/6 but i get the feeling it is qutie safe, touch wood. Also I'm still deliberating over the Youzhny match, I do really fancy him if nobody else does but decide when the it comes to it if i want to back him, perhaps even during the game could be the bet. News- Just seen that yesterday Petrova and Stosur retired in their doubles match but people are speculating what was the reason. Perhaps Stosur was tired after her match or Petrova was ill, might want to have a look into that before betting on the Petrova match. Will have to do that myself as i was going to back her

Sorry Perry you can tell it was my first time lol. I think I've decided to go for the Federer Soderling under 37.5 games at decent odds of 5/6 but i get the feeling it is qutie safe, touch wood. Also I'm still deliberating over the Youzhny match, I do really fancy him if nobody else does but decide when the it comes to it if i want to back him, perhaps even during the game could be the bet. News- Just seen that yesterday Petrova and Stosur retired in their doubles match but people are speculating what was the reason. Perhaps Stosur was tired after her match or Petrova was ill, might want to have a look into that before betting on the Petrova match. Will have to do that myself as i was going to back her
The thing that puts me off Youzhny is his fragility on serve. He will give Berdych chances on his second serve. Off the ground, he's got beautful technique and variety, but Berdych will hit through him if he performs as he has been this year. The one thing Youzhny backers have in their favour is the H2H. The Russian leads it 6-4 and has beaten him twice on clay. The thing I'd say to counter it is that the Berdych of 2010 is better than the Berdych of the last four years. I can't ever remember the Czech keeping his game as tight as this. I thought, when watching the Murray match, that he'd crack, especially in the second set when at the net. He didn't. Youzhny won't get as many balls back as Murray - he's not as quick around the court. My feeling on this now is if both men play to their maximum, Berdych will win.

Re: Tennis - French Open Match: Berdych - Youzhny Bet: 1 Odds: 1.51 @ Pinnacle Stake: 10/10 Only thing what worries me a bit is negative h2h record(6-4 in Mischa's favour), about the others i have no problems. Berdych dismantled Murray in last round, not to mention the way he handled others before him(Isner, Roger-Vasselin...) without lost set. His game looks impressive, huge forehand and very solid movement around the court, also very solid serve. We have to be honest and say that Mischa had easiest draw of all remaining players so far. Przysiesny and Lacko are far from being competitive on GS level, Troicki is still only a mediocre player and Tsonga had to retire after first set. Also, i don't see Mischa as a big fighter, he oftenly loses his focus after few missed shots and it can be enough against most of the players but today he'll play Berdych who looks very determined and confident and is much better player overall. TB should win this in 3, maybe 4 sets, good luck.

Re: Tennis - French Open Bout the other match, i fancy Roger to win in 3, and under 36.5 games but won't go there as i decided to decrease number of bets on minimum in this period. Soderling looked good so far, but what we can say then for RF? He's raising his game round after round and IMO Soderling despite all my simpathies is not even close to that level. Good luck to those who decide to bet on this. :hope

Re: Tennis - French Open I hope Fed comes through (sure he will). I have a large wedge on him winning his quarter. My only concern is the conditions, looks like on/off rain all day and not sure who heavy conditions suits more? Nevertheless Soderling must pretty much crap his pants every time he sees Federer on the other side of the net.

Re: Tennis - French Open tempted to bet big on fed under 33.5 games @ 2.62 surely superb value? in my opinion best sod can hope for is 1 set, but i imagine it being a 7-5 maybe tops to fed and then probably a 6-4, 6-4 at best! 7-5,6-4,6-4 is 32 games.

tempted to bet big on fed under 33.5 games @ 2.62 surely superb value? in my opinion best sod can hope for is 1 set, but i imagine it being a 7-5 maybe tops to fed and then probably a 6-4, 6-4 at best! 7-5,6-4,6-4 is 32 games.
You do know it's best of 5 sets mate? If Sod wins a set it's very unlikely to be under 33.5.

Re: Tennis - French Open i dont trust berdych at all i have noticed several times same scenario; this guy is performing like jaguar when the opponent is weak, or doesnt react effectively on his shots, but , he is becoming a woonded jaguar when opposide is a solid and stable player remind you what happened in wimbledon last year when Roddick came opposide.; where was berdych? anyone saw him? personally i didnt thats doesnt has any relation to "mental strength" or whatever theories are introduced by gamblers in betting forums. - what mental strength has a tennis player is unsolved to me, since i havent seen anyone solving mathimatical propblems, or analysing the physics theories-perhaps they are all mentalists as uri gueller is, a guy that is living by moving spoons with his "mental power" LOL HAHAHA ANYWAY, this is simply berdych's attitude, i wouldnt taking him free of charge i am away of cource of any betting i just wish soderling to give a lesson today to federer :dude ' "

I really like the 3.50 odds betfair are offering for Petrova to reach the final. After 5% commission' date=' that's 3.375. The best odds you can get on her to beat Dementieva tomorrow are 1.67 at paddypower, and if we were to create a double on this (Petrova to win quarter & semi-final), we'd need her to be over evens in the next round. She probably won't get that even if Wozniaki is her next oponent, and if Schiavone goes through - wow, we've got a real chance at decent money haven't we. It's a bet that gives slight value if Wozniaki is the given semi-finalist, but massive value when we know that she could potentially be knocked out by Schiavone.[/quote'] Looked nice early on, Petrova winning 6-2 in the opening set and Schiavone eliminating Wozniaki. Just came home, and it looks to me like she's picked up an injury? Sad, if that's the way the bet's going to lose.. Dementieva took the second set 6-2, let's hope Petrova shakes it off and grabs the third :hope

I think Dementieva is a good price to beat Petrova. Petrova's probably favoured by the bookies because she beat Williams, but Williams always gets knocked out of grand slams at this stage - bar Wimbledon - by any sort of decent player these days, so I don't really think much stock should put into that victory. Dementieva holds a 7-3 head to head advantage (although Petrova won their previous meeting on clay) and I think she'll come through against Petrova, who has had a tough match physically against Rezai and a tough one mentally against Williams(looked straight-forward but I'm sure it took alot out of her). So there might be a come down in both departments and against a hitter like Dementieva, that may prove too much too overcome. So Dementieva for me at 11/10 Paddy Powers.
:nana

I can't help fancying Schiavone to beat Wozniacki. The Italian seems to have a bit more variety than Pennetta and with that backhand she can hang with the Dane when it comes the long rallies, slicing and coming over the ball. Penetta's like to hit winners with the backhand and make the point as short as possible, wheras Schiavone can hit winners also but she'll set the points up more and not get frustrated and angst ridden like Pennetta. Could be a long one as well.
:nana

Nice work slider:clap
Cheers Cramer. I'm only having a laugh with the :nana by the way. I know zilch compared to most here on tennis, so I usually wait to the end of grand slams to bet on matches, when the players I know are playing each other.

Re: Tennis - French Open I got bad feelings that Soderling could win this. Eeek, would be a big loss. Am thinking of the in-play but it's come down from 8's at the end of the first set to about 3.5 at best.

I got bad feelings that Soderling could win this. Eeek' date=' would be a big loss. Am thinking of the in-play but it's come down from 8's at the end of the first set to about 3.5 at best.[/quote'] Me too, Sod plays great. :unsure