** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - French Open

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - French Open Anyone else think Nadal to win the tournament @ 1.44 is way too short? I was originaly looking to back him, but was expecting odds of at least 1.6. He's in form, sure, and he's awesome on this surface, fine, but at these odds I'm tempted to lay. 3.27 odds on Nadal to not win looks way too large too me.

Re: Tennis - French Open

Anyone else think Nadal to win the tournament @ 1.44 is way too short? I was originaly looking to back him' date=' but was expecting odds of at least 1.6. He's in form, sure, and he's awesome on this surface, fine, but at these odds I'm tempted to lay. 3.27 odds on Nadal to not win looks way too large too me.[/quote'] I agree that the odds don't represent value, but I still think he'll win. Over two weeks and over five sets on clay, I think he's too good. He's also desperate to win this one after last year. Would be dangerous, IMO, to oppose him.

Re: Tennis - French Open Time to back Nadal was before Monte Carlo....far too short now though. Hopefully some good odds for the opening days......time to bring out the accumulators for round one.....:clap....only time I'd really consider them.

I agree that the odds don't represent value' date=' but I still think he'll win. Over two weeks and over five sets on clay, I think he's too good. He's also desperate to win this one after last year. Would be dangerous, IMO, to oppose him.[/quote'] Nadal was @ 1.9 before Monte Carlo. No value to bet him now, the value has to lie elsewhere. But will it be value-lost bet? But there is something else - RG is not as slow as Monte Carlo. Nadal looks most likely, but skinny odds...

Re: Tennis - French Open Surely Nadal to lose 2 or more sets over the tournament at 2.0 on SkyBet is a good shout? He has a tough draw with Gonzo, Almagro, Djokovic and a potential final with Federer.

Re: Tennis - French Open wouldnt be more difficult for andy murray first round i predict a giant battle between murray/gasquet, a battle to remember, the french guy is too hot as i noticed this week in nice, murray is strugling too much in my eyes- i am shocked some people claimed that murray performed well against ferrer :sad- i am sorry i noticed a really bad, bored, and lazy murray- anyway, opinions are opinions, always opinions are brain far*ts you know, what counts is what you understand as person Gasquet at top form, may challenge BIG TIME lazy murray, drives me to 2008 first round AO BETWEEN MURRAY/TSONGA, lets see cheers

Re: Tennis - French Open Draw is perfectly designed in favour of Federer Fed express is in smooth routing to the final; actually there isnt any player to prevent the swiss to cruise to the final, My tip is: Federer to win Roland Garros? YES thats very good bet imo, coz federer will cruise to final smoothly, while nadal has tough shedule, i am not sure if nadal is able to go through to the final- i wish not-, but in any case Federer is almost sure finalist - more than 85% imo- while nadal's chances are minor coz of the tough guys there cheers:dude

Re: Tennis - French Open Actually agree with AndrewMurray, this looks good for Federer. Blue Square go 5.00 on Federer (best of bookmakers) AND 1/2, 1-2 E/W terms which gives an excellent place bet on Federer to get to the final @ 3.00:clap:clap

Re: Tennis - French Open Federer's half does look pretty good...Soderling and Gulbis are threats but can't see them beating Roger over 5 sets. Nadal got all the quality clay-courters.....:lol Federer E/W to win the FO looks the right play. Looking at his draw right now....Luczak and possibly Lopez(easy) in first 2 rounds, Wawrinka or Monfils(potentially tricky but should win), and Soderling/Gulbis/Montanes awaiting aswell. The other half with Murray is piss easy...Murray/Tsonga/Isner in that quarter and none of these will beat Federer on clay in a Slam at this point. Think Fed will lose a set or two along the way but will get to the final...and really can't see him doing alot against Nadal. Federer E/W to win the French Open @ 4/1(Various)/ 5.0 at Betfair) E/W is typically 1/3 of the listed odds and placed 1st or 2nd wins the bet....basically meaning the bet wins if Fed reaches the final.

Re: Tennis - French Open Having gone through the draw, the quarter-finals I've come up with are Federer vs Soderling, Murray vs Tsonga, Nadal vs Verdasco and Ferrer vs Djokovic. Now, I don't expect that to be the exact line-up, but I reckon it'll be something along those lines. I'll be playing Federer EW too for the tournament. It seems the most sensible bet. I can't see him not getting to the final. Nadal can't be backed at the price he's at. Tougher of the two draws and it's a Slam, anything can happen. Going to be some tournament, for watching and betting. Can't wait!

Re: Tennis - French Open carla suarez navarro to beat olga govortsova 3 points 4-6 paddypowers! my first big tip of the tournament and i'm gonna lump on my girl carla here! i am very surprised by the value of the price here!! there is a very obvious class difference.....carla is in my view in the top ten female claycourters in the world.....and though govortsova has had a very good year and is a solid ballstriker she is not capable of the level of play carla can and she's never made much impact at the slams!! and carla can produce it in big games!! she aways brings her A-game to the grandslams and she particularly loves the french open(ex quarter finalist)! the only way i can see her losing this one is if she is injured!! very generous price....get on it now!!!

Re: Tennis - French Open Roddick x Giraldo Double @ 4/5 (Paddy Power:7/10) Roddick plays Nieminen in round one.....Roddick hasn't played competitively on clay since last years French Open and it's his weakest surface no doubt. But I think he'd need to play very badly to lose here against Nieminen. His serve alone gives him a huge edge. He actually played in an exhibition in Paris a couple of days ago which should help him get a feel for clay again....lost to Ouanna 7-6 7-6 and beat Youzhny in 2...results not really important but apparently he was doing OK, serving pretty well.Nieminen has lost to Stakhovsky(not really good on clay),Giraldo, Monaco, Bellucci, Hanescu and Riba in recent months on clay...beating players like Oscar Hernandez and veteran Martin. Roddick for me...should hold serve well and get chances on Nieminen's serve. Giraldo plays Nishikori. Nishikori is a good young player, plagued with injuries the last few years.Has been playing challengers in the US lately to get some matches and won 2 on green clay in recent weeks beating players like Sweeting, Dabul, Kendrick. Still might be a big ask to beat Giraldo on European red clay. Giraldo has a good aggressive game....still a bit inconsistent but a successful last few weeks for him....won a challenger in Colombia beating Lorenzi in the final.. won 4 matches in Rome Masters(beating Nieminen, Lapentti,Ferrero and Llodra) losing to Tsonga, lost to Gil in Estoril(not hugely surprising though as Gil had an inspired week playing at home and has some fight in him) and won 3 matches at Madrid masters beating Sidorenko, Volandri and Kohlschreiber losing to Isner. He's in good form and playing at higher level to Nishikori I'd say. Suarez-Navarro looks good Smeg. Bit worried about that injury she picked up a few weeks back though....turned her ankle very badly apparently.

Re: Tennis - French Open One early bet for tomorrow... Janko Tipsarevic vs Alejandro Falla Alejandro Falla at 2.29 (Pinnacle) Small bet this but I reckon it's worth a play. Tipsarevic has barely played much recently. He made one appearance on the clay and was beaten by Jeremy Chardy in straight sets. No harm in that, but he's not match fit. He also doesn't do well against lefties, of which Falla is one, shown by his record of W10 L16. The Colombian prefers the dirt more to Tipsarevic and has posted slightly better results on the red brick, beating Juan Ignacio Chela and keeping Arnaud Clement and Christophe Rochus fairly close this year. He's a gritty player, and a guy who will make Tipsarevic play a lot of balls. I'm banking on the Serb not being fit and I'd recommend taking Falla with a one-ball bookie. The H2H is 1-1 which shows Falla can beat him. Small stakes for sure, but reckon odds are too big and Falla can take this. Bet strength: 3/10 :hope

carla suarez navarro to beat olga govortsova 3 points 4-6 paddypowers! my first big tip of the tournament and i'm gonna lump on my girl carla here! i am very surprised by the value of the price here!! there is a very obvious class difference.....carla is in my view in the top ten female claycourters in the world.....and though govortsova has had a very good year and is a solid ballstriker she is not capable of the level of play carla can and she's never made much impact at the slams!! and carla can produce it in big games!! she aways brings her A-game to the grandslams and she particularly loves the french open(ex quarter finalist)! the only way i can see her losing this one is if she is injured!! very generous price....get on it now!!!
Currently 1.794 on Pinnacle:hope

Sport Tennis
Event Nicola Massu v Fabio Fognini
Selection Nicolas Massu
Strength 10/10
Date 23/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price VCBet @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning I'm looking to Massu to get me off to a good start in this tournament. He's got plenty of experience in slams and I think should be a reasonable favourite here. He hasn't got the level he had a few years back, but can still grind it out and seems to be playing pretty well. Fognini has been really struggling to beat anybody the past few months, or even get close in matches. Expect Massu to put in a solid performance and come through this in 3 or 4 sets.
Sport Tennis
Event Lukasz Kubot v Josselin Ouanna
Selection Josselin Ouanna
Strength 10/10
Date 23/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 2.20 (Back)
Reasoning I like the look of Ouanna here. He hasn't done much lately, but he's a French gy that could get inspired here. He was excellent here last year beating Granollers and Safin in an epic, and putting up a good show against Gonzalez. Kubot really burst onto the singles scene last year, with a good end to the year. He also had a great start to this year making quarters in Doha, 4th round Aussie and final in Brazil. But since them he's had an absolute shocker. He's 4-10 since then, not sure if he's been carrying a niggle or maybe his bubble has burst. Don't think he'll be coming in here with much confidence. Neither play a traditiinal clay court game, and I think the matchup might suit Ouanna. From the back he'll have the time to hit his shots and his poor backhand shouldn't be exposed too much. Overall I make this very close to 50/50, despite rankings thought Ouanna might start favourite.

Re: Tennis - French Open Hewitt to beat Jeremy Chardy @ 5/6 with SkyBet Hewitt much more consistent and the more veteran on clay and in general. Can't see a hope in hell for Chardy, he's been losing to mediocre players, even though he's mediocre himself, he hasn't even been putting up a contest. Should be an easy straight sets if you ask me.

Re: Tennis - French Open WTA Meusburger 2-0 @1.70 With a couple of 2-0 wins over the girl in april i'm seeing this as the best value for today. if i add on a few other shoe-ins like cibulkova pennetta etc. it should turn a nice price. good luck to everyone.

One early bet for tomorrow... Janko Tipsarevic vs Alejandro Falla Alejandro Falla at 2.29 (Pinnacle) Small bet this but I reckon it's worth a play. Tipsarevic has barely played much recently. He made one appearance on the clay and was beaten by Jeremy Chardy in straight sets. No harm in that, but he's not match fit. He also doesn't do well against lefties, of which Falla is one, shown by his record of W10 L16. The Colombian prefers the dirt more to Tipsarevic and has posted slightly better results on the red brick, beating Juan Ignacio Chela and keeping Arnaud Clement and Christophe Rochus fairly close this year. He's a gritty player, and a guy who will make Tipsarevic play a lot of balls. I'm banking on the Serb not being fit and I'd recommend taking Falla with a one-ball bookie. The H2H is 1-1 which shows Falla can beat him. Small stakes for sure, but reckon odds are too big and Falla can take this. Bet strength: 3/10 :hope
Wouldn't you rather place a bet on a favourite such as fognini as oppose to go against tipsarevic? he's been known to play some good tennis in his day. there's not a large difference between 1.90 on fognini and 2.29 on falla. you may be right but i'm just giving you a check point. good luck.