Tennis - French Open

Re: Tennis - French Open

Cant oppose vera she struggled in the first 3 games against cirstea hus no mug and she came thru comfortably in the end. As with leo i think it will finish 3-1 hes a good player and he seems to have bennys no., hes got the better h2h record and hes produced the better results recently I think dulko will finish scheepers 2-0 tmoz shes in decent form and is a class above scheepers. Also think dulgheru will do the job in str8 sets tmoz shes played alot of tennis but confidence shud be high Any news on garcia lopez i really like backing the guy but i heard hes ill?
huge win for me today i took vera to win a break dwn in the 2nd, i took 16/5 on mayer winning 3-1 i took dulgheru str8 sets , dulko let me dwn but overall a hugely succesful venture, tmoz i think fognini will finish monfils off!

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - French Open samantha stosur to beat rosanna de los rios minus 6.5 games 4-6! stosur is simply in great shape and in the first round she beat the dangerous and talented simona halep by 7 games!! for me i see no reason why she can't do the same to veteran rosanna de los rios!! she will get a look-in in every service game and i can see her at least running away with 1 set 6-1! de los rios generally has no answer when she comes up againsyt the big guns in slams and stosur is seeing the ball so well....i just can't see her giving rosanna a look-in here!3 points

Re: Tennis - French Open Dolgopolov has the game to do something against Gonzo, Gonzo not played a whole lot in recent months and showed it against a lesser player than Dolgopolov in rd 1 getting past Alves in 4. Handicap is +5.5 games at a few bookies so will have a small play on this......Dolgopolov seems to be doing well enough to push him here.

Re: Tennis - French Open A few bets still waiting from tomorrow. Three today... Teimuraz Gabashvili is not a man I normally like to invest my cash in and this bet does come with a health warning attached to it. The Russian is a hugely frustrating player. Certainly talented, but can be very erratic, particularly on serve. Even still, I do fancy him to beat Grega Zemlja today in R2. The Slovenian is pretty inexperienced in the Slams but got a great win over Juan Monaco in R1. That form is better than Gabashvili's - he beat Dani Koellerer - but I expect Zemlja to have a comedown here. He's playing less of a marquee player and conditions will be very different here. Gabashvili's on a good vein of form - he came through the qualies and has yet to lose a set. Zemlja also came through those but less convincing. A lot of the time, these players create shocks and then come back to Earth. Gabashvili, despite his foibles, is the better player and with the market now starting move in his favour, I'm happy to take the 1.83 on offer. As I said before though, Gabashvili, a good hitter and mover, will put you through the mill. Still think he'll win it. I've also gone for a treble today. Ivan Ljubicic is the cornerstone of it at odds of 1.40. He's playing Mardy Fish, who has never got past the second round of Roland Garros. Fish just isn't a clay courter - his movement and timing just don't work here. He's got a great serve but so does Ljubicic, but the Croat has more variety in his game. Fish is effectively a serve-and-volleyer and struggles when plan A doesn't work. Ljubicic has made the semis here, has a better mental approach in tight situations and leads the H2H 2-1. Still, odds are skimpy for a single, so decided to roll him up with Andy Roddick and Victor Hanescu. Roddick's on 1.14 at the moment against Blaz Kavcic. Dream draw for the American. He would've feared Eduardo Schwank, who retired against Kavcic. Just can't see the American not taking this. He'll be focused and knows how to take out lesser ranked player in Slams, even on clay. Hanescu's a little less straightforward but I still see him beating Yuri Schukin. The Kazakh had the easiest draw of the round in beating Rajeev Ram but he still dropped a set. He's a Challenger player and Hanescu, who plays at a high level and made the final of Casablanca recently, is more adept in all departments. The Romanian likes the clay and I reckon he'll outclass Schukin here. Lleyton Hewitt plays Denis Istomin and I've decided to chance the -6.5 game handicap here. Istomin's not a player I trust at the best of times, especially on clay. Very erratic player. Goes for the big shots and has a decent serve but tends to falter when players get under his skin. He's not a particularly good five-set player and Hewitt is a man who is able to frustrate opponents and break them down. They met at the Australian Open and although Istomin took a set, Hewitt still covered this handicap. All it takes is for one big set win (6-2, 6-1 perhaps) for Hewitt to get the handicap up and running. Watched the Australian against Jeremy Chardy and he got the better of it fairly early on, and Istomin is the same sort of player who will get frustrated when he can't break Hewitt down. The Aussie is the more experienced Slam player and will be able to break the Uzbek down. Happy to play the handicap. My selections for today are: - Teimuraz Gabashvili at 1.83 with Stan James (6/10) - Treble of Ivan Ljubicic x Andy Roddick x Victor Hanescu at 1.93 with Stan James (5/10) - Lleyton Hewitt -6.5 games at 2.01 with Pinnacle (4/10) :hope

Re: Tennis - French Open I agree with basically everything that Atko has said here. I am on Gabashvili and Hewitt myself. I also quite like a few of the big handicaps, but I am not putting much money on them. Quite a tough day to call, I must say - so I have decided to have a try at tipping the whole handicap round as an exercise - no money on it though. Roddick -7.5, Gabashvili -2, Mahut +7.5, Ferrer -9, Ferrero -7.5, Ginepri +5.5, Hanescu -6.5, Nishikori +9, Serra +8.5, Kohlschreiber -5.5, Darcis +7.5, Dolgopolov +6, Ljubicic -4.5, Belluci -7.5, Hewitt -6.5, Zeballos +11.5

Ivo Ljubicic - Fish 39.5 games?! is that possible?
Hmmm possibly. That's quite a big line but Fish covered it against Berrer. What price is it? Just been reading that Ljubicic has got a wee niggle in his ribs. Not the best thing to read after I've put my treble up with him in it but still feel he can get the job done. Fish isn't at all comfortable on clay, especially in wet conditions on a slow court.

i decided who each one is my going to be the hit ---> do or die bet on max stakes is gonna be a third round match, i just wait matches of second round to finish i am 100% confident on this match, and i dont NEED anybody in the world to advice me, or to suggest anything, i have PERSONAL VIEW see you soon :)
How can you be 100% on this match when you're waiting on the second round matches to finish? Surely they'll have minimal impact on your choice if you've already decided. Are you going to tell us who you're 1000 euro bet is going to be on (good luck finding a reputable bookie who will take that, by the way) or will we be informed when he wins?

Re: Tennis - French Open exactly atko, to be honest i dont even want to know. i just dont want his smarmy ass to cum onto this site the day after and say i won my big bet, pl doesnt need people like that, we need more people like red impact, cramer and atko who share tips and reasoning behind them.

Sport Tennis
Event Justine Henin vs. Klara Zakopalova
Selection Zakopalova (+7) GH (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 27/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Klara Zakopalova has been in a good form recently and certain here at French Open she did impressed too as well, a great victory against Srebotnik. Today she will play against Justine Henin and the motivation should be at high level thats for sure, I remember Zakopalova's game from last year at French Open against Serena Williams when she did impressed a lot and was so competitive. Justine Henin very few times has win with a huge difference by games, that because she is playing a attacking style of tennis and the errors appear in her game, she goes for many great shots and many of them ends with mistakes. Anyway, you never know what kind of day will going to be today, as a player like Henin can always cover any line handicap, but still everything has a probability. Zakopalova is really in a good form and Henindid showed so many times that she is not the player like Caroline Wozniacki whois playing a style of tennis based on the great stability from the baseline, no Henin is not that type of player and thats why she lose more games but anyway win the match in the end. All in all, Zakopalova's form is at the best at the moment, so she should be able to force Henin to errors. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - French Open i read this and took your advice ;):ok

Sport Tennis
Event Ana Ivanovic v Alisa Kleybanova
Selection Alisa Kleybanova
Strength 10/10
Date 27/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.37 (Back)
Reasoning I've looked at this match from a few angles' date=' and I can't see this anything other than 50/50. Kleybanova is a big time player I feel, and still to break through to her highest level. She was playing well earlier this year, but has had some injury problems so hasn't played much on the clay. She got a comfortable win in the 1st round which makes me think she's in at least reasonable shape. Ivanovic seems to be coming into a bit better form, but at times still looks so fragile. She has a very high level and a very low leve - we notmally see both in all of her matches. I see this as a really close game so happy to take this price.

Sport Tennis
Event Kei Nishikori vs. Novak Djokovic
Selection Nishikori (+9) GH (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 27/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.75 (Back)
Reasoning Well Kei Nishikori is a clear underrated at the moment as he lacked the good results for a so long period but now he is back in action as he has just proved that here at French Open. Kei Nishikori is a young talented player who moves very well on the court, he is playing a more attacking tennis style. About Djokovic, well here I will say that this player still lacks the consistence in his play, there are still many downs in his play and in such situation I have to disagree with this line. Djokovic has played with quite many errorsagainst Korolev and I think that he could just repeat the same story today. Kei Nishikori is underrated at the moment as he is rated as the player number 246 when in reality he deserevs clear much more, at least first 30. As I have mentionated Nishikori is a talented player, his movemenet on the court speak about that and if he will continue toimprove his play and get more experience in the future he could occupy a surely good place in the rating. Nishikori possess a good serve and forehand, he can hit many nice winners, so for Djokovic won't be easy to play on the return thats for sure. All in all, Nishikori underrated at the moment without any doubts as he has proved to be back in action against Giraldo. Good Luck!

Just been reading that Ljubicic has got a wee niggle in his ribs. Not the best thing to read after I've put my treble up with him in it but still feel he can get the job done. Fish isn't at all comfortable on clay' date=' especially in wet conditions on a slow court.[/quote'] Surely Fish would be great in wet conditions? Badda boom :drums :)

Re: Tennis - French Open Mayer vs Cilic OVER 36.5 games @ 4/5 (Paddy Power:5/10) Looks like a tough one here...Cilic not at his best on clay but he's a solid GS player...had a couple of good performances so far beating Mello in 4 and Gimeno in 3 but if Mayer can get himself into the match early this could be a tight one IMO. Mayer has played himself into some good form reaching the semi's at Nice beating Bellucci, Baghdatis before a tight loss to Verdasco....also beat Stakhovsky in 3 and Benneteau in 4 so far here...pretty solid results. Really think Mayer can get close in a couple of sets...4 sets should cover the line. When Cilic is on his game is right up with the top guys, but can also make many errors as he tries to hit the lines too much......like Tsonga and others, needs to find some patuence on a clay court to really test big players. Anyway, clear favourite here but don't think it's plain sailing for Cilic. Tsonga to beat De Bakker @ 1/2(Will Hill: 8/10) Will take Tsonga aswell. Hard to say how much the home crowd can help him here(look at Monfils) but I still doubt De Bakker is ready to win such a big match over 5 sets. Lad has a good game for clay, and a good serve aswell so can be competitive here no doubt....but I think Tsonga just has the edge.....like Cilic needs more time on clay to step up that level...but walloped Ouanna in 3 the other day after struggling past Brands(he said he was tired on opening day and didn't want to play that early) so will side with Tsonga here. GL! Ideally wanted to double Tsonga up with someone but only suitable candadates were from the women...thought about any of Pennetta, Wozniacki, Kuznetsova but just can't back any of them right now. Also thought of Isner/Berdych over 39.5 games...looks solid enough but might do some in-ply on that one and see how the courts are playing and more importantly how Isner is playing.

Re: Tennis - French Open Marin Cilic takes on Leonardo Mayer and I can't see anything but a close encounter. Cilic, as I've said before, isn't really a clay court player - he's still learning on this surface and despite the straight-sets scoreline, he was pushed by Daniel Gimeno-Traver. He's up against a guy in really good form at the moment in Leonardo Mayer. The Argentine has looked good in beating Sergiy Stakhovsky and Julien Benneteau with relative ease and I'm sure he'll come into this match not fearing Cilic. He's not an 100% clay courter either but good postings on this surface in recent tournaments (semis in Nice, beating Bellucci and Baghdatis) suggest that he's getting to grips with it. Feel that Mayer could well win this if Cilic has an off-day but think it's probably safer to go with the +4.5 handicap at 2.05. Really think Mayer will make this a close one. He'll attack Cilic and look to pen him back, and I can't see the Croat winning this in straightforward fashion. Feel the handicap is worth a small play. The other bet that catches my eye is the match between Albert Montanes and Robin Soderling. Fully expect the Swede to come through this one but feel it could be worth siding with the overs line here, which is currently at +34.5 games. The Spaniard won't allow himself to get bullied - he's a very competent clay courter and has proved he can mix it with the world's best on this surface, beating Roger Federer in Estoril. His serve can be an issue at times but he's got very solid grounstrokes and lightening quick, so he can make up for that deficiency. I also think he's move Soderling around - the Swede's main weakness is when he is pulled from the back of the court to the net and Montanes has plenty of little drop shots and angles to throw at him. Neither man has lost a set yet and both are in good form, but Soderling has proved far from invincible on the clay in past tournaments, losing to Stan Wawrinka and Olivier Rochus. Still feel he'll come through this but Montanes is capable of taking a set or making this one a close match. He's playing the best tennis of his career at the moment so the overs line at 1.952 makes appeal. I've still got a few bets carried over from the rain tomorrow, so I'm happy just to take these two. Feel it's quite a trappy set of matches, so my stakes are accordingly low. My selections, therefore, are: - Leonardo Mayer +4.5 games at 2.05 with Pinnacle (3/10) - Over 34.5 games between Albert Montanes and Robin Soderling at 1.952 with Pinnacle (3/10) :hope

Also thought of Isner/Berdych over 39.5 games...looks solid enough but might do some in-ply on that one and see how the courts are playing and more importantly how Isner is playing.
Thought about Isner-Berdych too, but I'm fearful of Isner having to play yesterday while Berdych had the day off. No doubt Berdych has the better game outside of the serve - looks an obvious over on paper, however I'm not sure Isner will have the juice to keep going if Berdych establishes a lead. Slow courts won't help Isner either, and it will play slow today. Chiudinelli got chances on his serve and I expect Berdych to get the same.

Sport Tennis
Event Marin Cilic v Leonardo Mayer
Selection Leonardo Mayer +4.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 28/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning Agree with the other fellas on this game, really think Mayer can kep it close. I thought Benneteau would beat him but he played very well in that game and was really dominating the match. Cilic I'm not really a fan of, he's good, but his forehand can go off and he can lose to lower ranked guys. I'm not sure if Mayer can get the upset, but he can keep it close enough to cover 4.5 games.
Sport Tennis
Event Tomas Berdych v John Isner
Selection Lay John Isner (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.15 (Lay)
Reasoning I like Isner, but don't think he'll be able to come through here. Saw him yesterday against Chiudinelli and he wasn't playing very well. His rep on clay courts has really shot up recently, and I think at the moment he is over rated. He is still very limited on clay. Berdych looks in decent shape, and has played some good stuff this year. Mentally he seems a bit stronger than in the past, and he should have too much game here.
Sport Tennis
Event Andy Murray v Marcos Baghdatis
Selection Marcos Baghdatis
Strength 10/10
Date 28/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.35 (Back)
Reasoning This is my upset for the day. Murray has struggled so far, being out hit by Gasquet for 2 and a bit sets and for almost a set against Chela. I don't think he's 100%. He said his knee problem is something he's had since a child, and just some days it's worse than others. Well, I think it's pretty bad at the moment and all the coming off and on court won't be helping. Baghdatis is looking in decent shape and I think he can get the win here. He loves the big matches and should be happy on the bigger court. I think he'll thrive today, I'm worried about his serving which like Murray sometimes is lacking, but I'll take him for this match.

Sport Tennis
Event Flavia Pennetta v Polona Hercog
Selection Lay Polona Hercog (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.90 (Lay)
Reasoning These prices seem quite appealing on Pennetta. She hasn't been playing great this year, but maybe is turning it around here. She's had 2 very convincing wins, and I saw her match in round 1 and she looked very sharp. Hercog is a good player, and one on the rise, but still a few levels below Pennetta. She got a very nice win over Safarova in the last round, but that looked like a soft effort from Safarova. Think Pennetta will come through this fairly comfortably.
Sport Tennis
Event Caroline Wozniacki v Alexandra Dulgheru
Selection Alexandra Dulgheru
Strength 10/10
Date 28/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.75 (Back)
Reasoning Dulgheru is in great form. Really having a good run at the moment. So I think she can cause the upset. Her game is solid and she moves opponents around well. That is very important here, as still have concerns over Wozniackis ankle. Wozniacki has been struggling for a while with the injury. She's had a couple of easy wins so far but this will be a much bigger test. Plus, we're getting top price at a 1 ball bookie, and I'll take that happily.

Sport Tennis
Event Aravane Rezai v Nadia Petrova
Selection Nadia Petrova
Strength 10/10
Date 28/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Totesport @ 2.20 (Back)
Reasoning Rezai favourite based purely on 1 tournament. Yes she was excellent in Madrid, but her game is very hit and miss and she could make 100 errors here. Especially if things aren't going well and the French crowd gets rowdy. Petrova is an experienced campaigner, she is quality and in decent form at the moment. Really struggle to make Rezai favourite here.
Sport Tennis
Event Akgul Amanmuradova v Chanelle Scheepers
Selection Akgul Amanmuradova
Strength 10/10
Date 28/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.70 (Back)
Reasoning The name is a mouthful, but AA seems to be playing well. Think she's a level above Scheepers and has beaten her twice already this year in qualifying tournaments. Both have got big wins in this tournament, and it would be a big deal for either to make the 4th round. Scheepers is not a natural clay court player, while AA is, and I'll take her to justify favouritism here.

How can you be 100% on this match when you're waiting on the second round matches to finish? Surely they'll have minimal impact on your choice if you've already decided. Are you going to tell us who you're 1000 euro bet is going to be on (good luck finding a reputable bookie who will take that, by the way) or will we be informed when he wins?
YES, IS ISNER to beat Berdych dear friend i am surprised to see that 1000 euros is big deal BESIDES, i can split to two or three bookies, i am now searching the situation, i have three hours time This is my bet atko! and beleive me i dont need any opinion, i have own thnx for your interest anyway! go,go ISNER:clap

YES, IS ISNER to beat Berdych dear friend i am surprised to see that 1000 euros is big deal BESIDES, i can split to two or three bookies, i am now searching the situation, i have three hours time This is my bet atko! and beleive me i dont need any opinion, i have own thnx for your interest anyway! go,go ISNER:clap
Good luck :hope

Sport Tennis
Event Fernando Gonzalez v Oleksandr Dolgopolov
Selection Oleksandr Dolgopolov
Strength 10/10
Date 27/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 3.80 (Back)
Reasoning Dolgopolov looks like the choice of dog to me for tomorrow. He's made a decent impression on tour this year and is just outside top 50. He's got a solid game and I think he can play well in this game. He took 5 sets against Clement in round 1 which is a concern' date=' but I'll still risk him. Gonzalez has really struggled since the earthquake in Chile and has put in some abject performances. It's still tough to know where his head is and could have some problems here. He beat Alves in 4, Dolgopolov should be a tougher test.
Don't like to brag but this one pleased me:D

SportTennis
EventFernando Gonzalez v Oleksandr Dolgopolov
SelectionOleksandr Dolgopolov
Strength10/10
Date27/05/2010
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 3.80 (Back)
ReasoningDolgopolov looks like the choice of dog to me for tomorrow. He's made a decent impression on tour this year and is just outside top 50. He's got a solid game and I think he can play well in this game. He took 5 sets against Clement in round 1 which is a concern' date= but I'll still risk him. Gonzalez has really struggled since the earthquake in Chile and has put in some abject performances. It's still tough to know where his head is and could have some problems here. He beat Alves in 4, Dolgopolov should be a tougher test.
Cracking shouts on Dolgopolov chaps, well done :cheers

Sport Tennis
Event Alexandra Dulgheru vs. Caroline Wozniacki
Selection Wozniacki (-3.5) GH (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Well, a very good run for Alexandra Dulgheru as she has been in a really great form recently, but I think that at the moment she is overrated. To play against Caroline Wozniacki is just another thing and this line handicap is just too low for a game like this one. Dulgheruis the player with powerful groundstrokes and serve, she goes for the winners every time she has the chance, with other words she is playing attacking style of tennis. Dulgheru can be compared in style with Nadia Petrova who depend a lot of the accuracy of the shots and lacks the good movement on the court. Dulgheru's weak points are her backhand and movement and playing against Caroline Wozniacki these aspects should count a lot as Wozniackican play so stable from the baseline and surely can make the difference with her better backhand. Both players have been impressive so far certain here at Fench Open and from the form point of view there are no advantages or disadvantages for anyone, it is just all about the class difference as Wozniacki is the better player overall with more qualities on her side. All in all, Dulgheru is a great player and there are no doubts about that, but she is not a complete player as she lacks some qualities which will always going to have a huge importance when you're playing against a player like Wozniack. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Thiemo de Bakker vs. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
Selection Tsonga (-4) GH (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.94 (Back)
Reasoning I remember very well the last game between these two players and I have to say that Thiemo has played some great tennis then, he desreved his victory but in the same time I also have to mentionate that Tsonga has played with many errors. Overall Jo-Wilfried Tsonga s the better player than Thiemo de Bakker, yes he has lost the last one against Thiemo but lets not draw a wrong conclusion about a player just after a game. I have written in some previews about Thiemo de Bakker's potential, this player has been underrated some time ago, now he is a litter bit overrated. Those two wins against Ferrero and Tsonga in Barcelona are the reasons for this low line handicap, no doubts that he has played some great tennis there but his opponents purely didn't played their best then. Thiemo de Bakker is the player who can be competitive against top players but it still Tsonga who has the game in is hands and it is up to him if he will win or lose it. Tsonga's one of the best serve and big forehand make the difference in a game like this one. All in all, Tsonga's motivation and preparation for French Open is surely on a different level as in Barcelona and this line handicap is just too low. Good Luck!

if you had actually used this forum properly u probs could have saved your money, im taking na li tonight just feel schiavone is slightly hit and miss and will deffo be taking li whos good ground strokes shud push her abve schiavone on clay