Tennis - French Open

Re: Tennis - French Open 1)josselin ouanna plus 7.5 games versus tsonga 8-11 bet365! 2)lacko versus youzny over 29.5 games evens bet365! 3) a confident bagdatis, monfils and murray treble at 8-11 boyles! 4)kuznetsova 8-15 to beat petkovic! 5)kerber plus 6.5 games against rezai 4-5 powers 6)ball plus 6.5 games against troiki evens bet365 7)benneteau at 5-4 to beat mayer powers 8)hercog at 7-4 to beat safarova!! 9)i reckon the benneteau match will be over 38 games aswell 10) beck plus 7.5 games versus wawrinka 11-10 bet365

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - French Open

Sport Tennis
Event Agnes Szavay v Nadia Petrova
Selection Szavay
Strength 10/10
Date 26/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.14 (Back)
Reasoning From the class point of view these two players are very closed to each other's level. Nadia Petrova has been in a good form while Agnes Szavay didn't impressed before French Open, this is one of the most important reasons for these odds. Speaking about Petrova there are no doubts that she has been in a better form than Szavay, but that happened before French Open, certain here Szavay has showed clear a different tennis. Szavay had three defeats before French Open and there are no doubts that she didn't played her best, but another tournament means another preparation and chance to make it better, thing that she has already proved in her first game against Foretz. Speaking about the qualities of these two players, well here I will say that Petrova possess more power in her shots and thats all, no any other real strong weapon which could prove that she is better than Szavay. There are no doubts that Petrova can be a really dangerous opponent for anyone as she can hit some great winners, but it is still all about her consistency. All in all, Szavay didn't impressed with her results as Petrova did recently, but that can't change the essential difference between these two players when you see that certain here in this tournament Szavay is playing much better. Good Luck! and The Best is Yet to Come!!!:)

1)josselin ouanna plus 7.5 games versus tsonga 8-11 bet365! 2)lacko versus youzny over 29.5 games evens bet365! 3) a confident bagdatis, monfils and murray treble at 8-11 boyles! 4)kuznetsova 8-15 to beat petkovic! 5)kerber plus 6.5 games against rezai 4-5 powers 6)ball plus 6.5 games against troiki evens bet365 7)benneteau at 5-4 to beat mayer powers 8)hercog at 7-4 to beat safarova!! 9)i reckon the benneteau match will be over 38 games aswell 10) beck plus 7.5 games versus wawrinka 11-10 bet365
hi smegmaniac, Nice tips, but could you please give some reasoning? That's what this is for, tips with arguments backing them up :ok

Re: Tennis - French Open I'm very sorry about yesterday where I did not pick any handicap betting or total games. Apart from that I'm very pleased with Hewitt as he saved my day from earlier losses. Big stake on Hewitt made me some profit. I might be to busy to even think of tennis today but I should be up for it on thursday again! I'm looking forward to follow others to as you all post many good bets here.

1)josselin ouanna plus 7.5 games versus tsonga 8-11 bet365! 2)lacko versus youzny over 29.5 games evens bet365! 3) a confident bagdatis, monfils and murray treble at 8-11 boyles! 4)kuznetsova 8-15 to beat petkovic! 5)kerber plus 6.5 games against rezai 4-5 powers 6)ball plus 6.5 games against troiki evens bet365 7)benneteau at 5-4 to beat mayer powers 8)hercog at 7-4 to beat safarova!! 9)i reckon the benneteau match will be over 38 games aswell 10) beck plus 7.5 games versus wawrinka 11-10 bet365
I know you always post like this and don't give any reasoning. Seen it many times before that you never give reason. Don't know if I dislike or like it but you maybe should write a bit more. I agree about Baghdatis being confident because he's found his game on clay so he should be confident.

Re: Tennis - French Open Four selections for me today... Andy Murray takes on Juan Ignacio Chela again today. This is the seventh time they've met and a re-run of the French Open match last year, which the Brit took in three easy sets. I think he's got a very good chance of doing the same again. Chela is not the force he used to be. He's more of a natural clay courter than Murray in terms of being comfortable on the surface, but I feel Murray holds all the aces here. Better movement, better groundstrokes, better quality. They met in Madrid, where Murray in straight sets (think it was 2 and 3) so I think the under 31.5 game line at 1.926 represents terrific value. I'm not sure Murray will want to be on court much after his marathon with Gasquet and I can see him doing this fairly quickly. He leads the H2H 5-1 so has shown he can beat Chela in the past, and all of those wins have been pretty cosy. I reckon he can do it again here so the unders line makes big appeal. Another match I like is the one between Albert Montanes and Tobias Kamke. The German qualifier got a very good win over Stephane Robert in R1 but Montanes is a real step up compared to the Frenchman. Miontanes has really hit form in the past 18 months - seems to added a bit of a steel and focus to his game. He's got a lovely array of shots, is quick, likes to draw his opponents to the net and has become a bit more ruthless. He got a good 6-3 6-3 6-3 win over another qualifier in Stefano Galvani in R1. Toyed between two bets here - Montanes -7.5 and under 32.5 games - but in the end, decided to go with the unders line, which is priced at 1.971 and offers a bit more security than the handicap (covers 6-4 6-4 6-4). I feel Montanes is looking really confident at the moment and should be able to take this a shade cosily. I had some success yesterday with a hard-fought treble and today I'm going to chance my arm with a quadruple. The cornerstone of this one is John Isner. Really think Isner is warming to the clay here and he's got an entirely winnable match against Marco Chiudinelli today. He's beaten the Swiss in their only previous encounter and is more able to adapt to the conditions - Chiudinelli has got no real clay nous to speak of and was taken all the way by Devvarman, a qualifier (who doesn't like clay either), in R1. Isner's 1.25, which is too short for me as a single. I like Gael Monfils' match-up with Fabio Fognini. Leads the H2Hs and is playing in front of his home crowd. He's got a match under his belt and I expect him to kick on here. Not sure about a handicap or unders in this one as Monfils can go walkabout at times and Fognini, who likes the clay, could pounce. Even still, the Italian will offer a number of chances on his serve and, Monfils, priced at 1.14, should prevail. The third leg of this bet is Viktor Troicki, who is priced at 1.17 to beat Carsten Ball. Now, I don't think either man is entirely happy with the conditions but Troicki really impressed me in taking down Tommy Robredo, a player he's struggled with in the past. That shows he's played okay. Ball's not a clay courter and Petzschner threw the match away in R1, I don't expect Troicki to be as charitable. The Serb won their only encounter, which was at the US Open in 2008, in straight sets. The fourth leg of this quad is Tomas Berdych, who is 1.10 to beat Edouard Roger-Vasselin. The Frenchman put in a heroic comeback against Kevin Anderson in R1 but Berdych's a different kettle of fish. There is a serious difference in quality here and Berdych should be able to prevail, even with the crowd behind Roger-Vasselin. Whole roll up comes in at 1.83 - a bit short but big enough for me to bite. The other match that I am intrigued by is the meeting between Marin Cilic and Daniel Gimeno-Traver. Cilic is obviously the better player on most surfaces but he's up against a bit of a clay court demon here in Gimeno-Traver. The Spaniard destroyed Tursunov (albeit seriously out of shape) in R1 and will take confidence from that and won't fear Cilic. The Croat isn't particularly comfortable on clay. Results have been mixed and dropped a set to Ricardo Mello in R1. I feel Gimeno-Traver is a bit better than Mello and can certainly make a game of it here. Not sure he can beat Cilic but could easily take a set or run this one close. I've toyed with two bets, Cilic not to win 3-0, which is in the high 1.70s, and Gimeno-Traver on a +7.5 handicap, which is a bit better priced at 1.81. In the end, I've decided to go for Cilic not to win 3-0. As he showed against Mello, he's capable of rattling off a 6-1 game, which would hurt my handicap. Happy to back that he won't do this in straight sets though. My selections, therefore, for today are: - Under 31.5 games between Andy Murray and Juan Ignacio Chela at 1.926 with Pinnacle (8/10) - Quad of John Isner x Tomas Berdych x Viktor Troicki x Gael Monfils at 1.83 with Stan James (6/10) - Under 32.5 games between Albert Montanes and Tobias Kamke at 1.971 with Pinnacle (5/10) - Marin Cilic not to win 3-0 at 1.781 with Pinnacle (5/10) :hope

Re: Tennis - French Open Two bets for me today with a little bit higher stakes. Rochus to beat Reister (1.769 pinny) just seems overpriced and based only on the performance of Reister against Lopez. Would be 1.5 normally I guess, so I am taking this with a lot of confidence. There is a difference of two levels between these guys. The second bet is Carsten Ball against Troicki over 34 games. Ball is a good server and should be full of confidence after that epic game. Can certainly see a tie-break or two here, maybe even a set for him (price is 1.769 at pinny currently).

Two bets for me today with a little bit higher stakes. Rochus to beat Reister (1.769 pinny) just seems overpriced and based only on the performance of Reister against Lopez. Would be 1.5 normally I guess, so I am taking this with a lot of confidence. There is a difference of two levels between these guys. The second bet is Carsten Ball against Troicki over 34 games. Ball is a good server and should be full of confidence after that epic game. Can certainly see a tie-break or two here, maybe even a set for him (price is 1.769 at pinny currently).
The Rochus bet was one that I was thinking about and I'm glad someone has tipped it. However, I know very little about Julian Reister, who obviously played well to beat Lopez. Lopez is no world beater, but he's no mug either. Do you know much about Reister?

I know you always post like this and don't give any reasoning. Seen it many times before that you never give reason. Don't know if I dislike or like it but you maybe should write a bit more. I agree about Baghdatis being confident because he's found his game on clay so he should be confident.
yes, sorry red impact! i just spent so much time working out my bets last night that it was one o clock in the morning by the time i had finished and it would have took be ages to give the reasoning for each of them.....and of course i know i should! but i was exhausted and needed bed!!! so i will go through them briefly now!! 1) josselin ouanna had a good win over kubot in the first round! he seems to relish playing in fronty of the big crowd at roland garros!! he beat safin and granollers here last year so he seems to bring his A-game to roland garros!! he is a little bit slow and his backhand is attackable but he is mentally pretty tough! i have been watching him for the last year and i noticed that he is the type of player who doesn't drop his head when he goes down an early break or two sets which is an important trait if you want a player to cover a handicap on clay!! he has also covered a 6.5 handicap against the in-form gonzalez at the french and the us open last year!! he has a pretty big serve which should be worth a few free points also! tsonga battled past brands in 5 sets in the first round but it doesnt hide the fact that he made a lot of unforced errors and returned poorly off his backhand in particularly!! i expect him to improve his game but 7.5 games is just to big a handicap for him cover for me!! as for lacko versus youzny, lacko came through a titanic battle against veteran michael yani (who is no world beater to be fair) but it showed me that lacko has some fight and bottle that i wasn't convinced that he had!! it was a five setter that went 12-10 in the fifth and he only lost serve once in the whole match serving a total of 23 aces which is a great feat on clay!! so i don't believe he will be easy for youzny to break! i am sure he can push youzny to a tie-break in one set!! and he is also more than capable of winning a set because he has great groundstrokes and is quite a streeaky player!when he is hot he is hard to stop! youzny is also prone to lapses in concentration! so i really feel the match will be over 29n games. with regards the rezai kerber match!! a little less confident on this one! but it seems to be a big hadicap! rezai is in outstanding form for sure! but kerber did beat rezai easily in the australiann open and she ran kuznetsova very close in that tournament! she's a powerful; lefty, a bit slow but a good competitor and i feel she can cover the handicap here! if rezai wins this one easily it really is a sign that hse means business!!

Re: Tennis - French Open with regards the other bets i will give my reasoning now!! the treble is a confident pick! murray is a class above chela and i thought he played fantastic to get by gasquet who was on fire for much of that match!! he cant slip up here against an opponent who he has beaten comfortably the last 5 times he has played him! monfils loves the french open and i cant see him lose to fognini who needed 5 stes to get past old man massu who is past it really!! monfils always brings his a-game to the french! bagdatis is in great form this year! he has an all court game and relishes the big matches in grand slams and i can't see him slip up against granollers who is a game battler but has too many weaknesses that baggy can expose (backhand)!

Re: Tennis - French Open regarding tipping benneteau against mayer! its based on his performance against gulbis in the first round! i thought he was outstanding!! he has a great all court game and his forehand which is usually the shot that lets him down was operating very well!! he's a great match player when he's feeling it and has been deep in the french twice making the second week and giving roger a great match most recently! (2008) i just think he has more variety than mayer who i also rate highly as a match player but i think his game is a little bit one dimensional!! hopefully h e wins a set off benneteau who usually ahs wobbly moments and phases in matches!! hopefully benneteau still comes through though

The Rochus bet was one that I was thinking about and I'm glad someone has tipped it. However' date=' I know very little about Julian Reister, who obviously played well to beat Lopez. Lopez is no world beater, but he's no mug either. Do you know much about Reister?[/quote'] Obviously my Ball bet was not well researched - he is struggling heavily against the in-form Troicki. With regards to your question, he is a challenger level player imo. Look who Rochus lost to recently - basically three times Gasquet. He has the will to push and even beat better opponents that are slightly out of form - Djokovic and Soderling. Now he plays Reister, who loses to just about everyone and even lost to Rochus 6-2 6-2 last year. Ok, he beat Lopez. Not sure whether it is true or not, but the word is that Lopez had some off-court problems - maybe he was mentally down or wanted to get out of the slam ASAP. Unconfirmed, but I would say it may well be true - he was certainly out of sorts. I really trust the experience and skills Rochus has today and I would not be surprised by a 3-0 scoreline at all. Match of the day for me.

Sport Tennis
Event Marcos Baghdatis vs. Marcel Granollers
Selection Baghdatsi (-5.5) GH (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 26/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.13 (Back)
Reasoning From the class point of view Marcos Baghdatis is clear just the better player than Marcel Granollers, the difference between these two plyaers is really meaningful and it is only one aspect here, the surface. Well, Marcel Granollers is a typical clay-courter while Marcos Baghdatis is playing his best tennis on faster surfaces, but lets not forget that Marcos Baghdatis did impressed a lot recently on clay, he has improved his level on this surface. Marcel Granollers is a player who possess a nice forehand, his game style is based on his serve and forehand, Marcos Baghdatis is a stable player from both wings and IMO certain this aspect should have the word in this game. Baghdatis is much more stable from the baseline, he possess many great deffesnive qualities which together should make it a really difficult for Marcel Granollers. The spaniard will depend a lot of his serve as from the second serve Baghdatis should dominate the rallies, Baghdatis is a smart player who use his tactics very well, so Granollers backhand should be a real weak point. All in all,Baghdatis is just the better player and he should have in control this game. Good Luck!

Obviously my Ball bet was not well researched - he is struggling heavily against the in-form Troicki. With regards to your question' date=' he is a challenger level player imo. Look who Rochus lost to recently - basically three times Gasquet. He has the will to push and even beat better opponents that are slightly out of form - Djokovic and Soderling. Now he plays Reister, who loses to just about everyone and even lost to Rochus 6-2 6-2 last year. Ok, he beat Lopez. Not sure whether it is true or not, but the word is that Lopez had some off-court problems - maybe he was mentally down or wanted to get out of the slam ASAP. Unconfirmed, but I would say it may well be true - he was certainly out of sorts. I really trust the experience and skills Rochus has today and I would not be surprised by a 3-0 scoreline at all. Match of the day for me.[/quote'] I like your thinking on this one. It was one I had in my mind but wanted to see if some of the lads here were going to tip it up. May well follow you here. As for Ball, still time for him to come back (did it against Petzschner, and has just broken), although from a selfish point of view, I'd prefer Troicki to wrap it up quickly.

Sport Tennis
Event Marcos Baghdatis v Marcel Granollers
Selection Lay Marcel Granollers
Strength 10/10
Date 26/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.05 (Back)
Reasoning Don't see many chances for Granollers here. Baghdatis is looking in decent shape and has much more game. Also in a slam would expect Baghdatis' performance level to rise and don't expect the same of Granollers. Should be too much of a difference in class.
Sport Tennis
Event Andy Murray v Juan Ignacio Chela
Selection Under 31.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 26/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.94 (Back)
Reasoning See this as really comfortable for Murray. We already saw this in Madrid, where Murray was comfortable 6-3 6-3. Chela doesn't have the serve or the size of game to hurt Murray, and can only see Murray dominating the rallies. Murray had to go 5 sets against Gasquet, so expect him to be pretty sharp today and not wanting to be out there longer than he needs to be.

Sport Tennis
Event Stanislas Wawrinka v Andreas Beck
Selection over 30
Strength 10/10
Date 26/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.14 (Back)
Reasoning A nice start for Stanislas Wawrinka, he looked all in control in his first game against Jan Hajek. Andreas Beck also has played some nice tennis in his first game here at French Open against Paolo Lorenzi. Both player impressed in their first game, so the class difference should have the word here, Wawrinka is surely from another level of tennis if to compare him with Beck, but the german man possess a great serve and forehand and that change a lot in this game. Andreas Beck can play some very stable tennis on his serve and Wawrinka is not the best returner, Beck's serve is really difficult to return and IMO if he will serve in the same way as he was against Lorenzi then this game could be much more tough. Beck wasn't in his best form for a very long period, but the way he was playing against Lorenzi showed another thing, a better form, he has played clear with more stability on his own serve. Andreas Beck possess weapons to be a difficult opponent against Wawrinka nad that is all about, his style is to win points on his serve faster without too long rallies, so he do not need to compete against Wawrinka in rallies as other players. All in all, I liked Beck's start here at French Open, he possess those qualities to hold his serve, so IMO he has some advantages in style in this one. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - French Open just regards the other picks!! ball plus 6.5 games against troiki was on the basis that ball has a pretty good serve and beating petschner in 5 sets was a good result! i didn't think he would be easy to break and that he could keep sets close at least!! also troiki often has lapses in concentration during matches! (but it turned out not this one.....as troiki won 6-4,6-3,6-3) sorry about that if people followed me!! also kuznetsova at 8-15!! basically i thought kuznetsova looked very impressive against cirstea winning 12 of the last 14 games!! she basically outplayed her and looked very sharp!! she is the defending champion and i expect her to make a deep run again here!! her opponent today is undoubtedly talented and there has been plenty of money put on her but petkovic for me still for all her talent has no real grand slam pedigree!! never been past the second round of a slam!! she's an excellent returner and is aggressive no doubt but not a particularly good defender and kuzie will no doubt make her run!! i think there is a class difference really and even if petkovic does win a set i have my doubts whether she really has the metal to take out the champ when the going gets tough! i like beck minus 7.5 because i thinbk he can take a set off wawrinka!! he's a streaky player and when he's on fire he's almost unstoppable! He finally seems to have found some stability in his serve as cornell mentioned and though wawrinka should win comfortably enough in the end as the ultra-aggressive beck is still too inconsistent i think beck will have his moments in this one!i like hercog at 2-1 against safarova because i think there is good value in the price! she brushed aside potential tricky opponent in japanese girl doi in the first round! and safarova can never be trusted at short odds....very inconsistent especially on clay! hercog also unlike a lot of young players these days isn't just a ballbasher.....she's comfortable at the net and has a nice drop shot and can maybe take safarova out of her comfort zone! she wont be afraid to win it either!! so 2-1 is value! my ouanna handicap bet looks like a disaster already......but at least the lacko bet is already a winner and the overs on the benneteau match looks to be safe too so hopefully we're on the way to a winning day!!

Re: Tennis - French Open 6pts Andy Murray vs Juan-Ignacio Chela under 30.5 games at 10/11 with Paddy Power Seems like i missed the price on the 31.5 mark but happy to take this for one less game. Not much i can say about this that hasn't already been said above. Murray has proven he can beat Chela convincingly and will want to get this done quickly after being on court for so long in his first round match. I actually think, despite starting so poorly, he will be confident going into this match after coming back so strongly against Gasquet.

Sport Tennis
Event Svetlana Kuznetsova v Andrea Petkovic
Selection Andrea Petkovic
Strength 10/10
Date 26/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.75 (Back)
Reasoning Kuznetsova looks opposable here. She's having a shocking year' date=' really hasn't shown any form. Recently too she hasn't looked great, and despite a comfortable score line in round 1 she didn't look great. It seems to be a mental/confidence issue and it should be tested here. She's defending champion here, and that will either bring out the champion in her or be an added burden. I like Petkovic, and back her quite often. She's a really strong player and has a big game to go at it with Kuznetsova. They played twice last year, 1-1 both close matches. Expect Petkovic to put up a big fight and has a great chance.
1.01:sad

Re: Tennis - French Open lost on the mayer match today, really thought julien would do him today, especialy after going 2-0 up in 2nd set after winning the first :(. All the games tomorow look pretty nailed on for me, cant see any upsets hapening so no bets likely

lost on the mayer match today' date=' really thought julien would do him today, especialy after going 2-0 up in 2nd set after winning the first :(. All the games tomorow look pretty nailed on for me, cant see any upsets hapening so no bets likely[/quote'] however does anyone else think that an upset will happen with regards to anna ivanovic's matches, Kleybanova has had the upper hand on previous meetings

Re: Tennis - French Open Looks like a toughie on paper for Ivanovic I'd say. Interesting to see if she can string a few wins together here. Big Johnny Isner having a tough one here with Chuidinelli....just broken for 4-4 in the second and lost first set 7-6. Conditions looking sticky enough which can't be helping him. Showing some good slices on the defence with his backhand but in general his backhand is still a weakness....he's getting there though....forehand looking good...and just killed him with a dropshot.....:eek...no cash on Isner but rooting for him here.

Sport Tennis
Event Fernando Gonzalez v Oleksandr Dolgopolov
Selection Oleksandr Dolgopolov
Strength 10/10
Date 27/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 3.80 (Back)
Reasoning Dolgopolov looks like the choice of dog to me for tomorrow. He's made a decent impression on tour this year and is just outside top 50. He's got a solid game and I think he can play well in this game. He took 5 sets against Clement in round 1 which is a concern, but I'll still risk him. Gonzalez has really struggled since the earthquake in Chile and has put in some abject performances. It's still tough to know where his head is and could have some problems here. He beat Alves in 4, Dolgopolov should be a tougher test.

Re: Tennis - French Open i decided who each one is my going to be the hit ---> do or die bet on max stakes is gonna be a third round match, i just wait matches of second round to finish i am 100% confident on this match, and i dont NEED anybody in the world to advice me, or to suggest anything, i have PERSONAL VIEW see you soon :)

Sport Tennis
Event Ana Ivanovic v Alisa Kleybanova
Selection Alisa Kleybanova
Strength 10/10
Date 27/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.37 (Back)
Reasoning I've looked at this match from a few angles, and I can't see this anything other than 50/50. Kleybanova is a big time player I feel, and still to break through to her highest level. She was playing well earlier this year, but has had some injury problems so hasn't played much on the clay. She got a comfortable win in the 1st round which makes me think she's in at least reasonable shape. Ivanovic seems to be coming into a bit better form, but at times still looks so fragile. She has a very high level and a very low leve - we notmally see both in all of her matches. I see this as a really close game so happy to take this price.

SportTennis
EventAna Ivanovic v Alisa Kleybanova
SelectionAlisa Kleybanova
Strength10/10
Date27/05/2010
Bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ 2.37 (Back)
ReasoningI've looked at this match from a few angles' date= and I can't see this anything other than 50/50. Kleybanova is a big time player I feel, and still to break through to her highest level. She was playing well earlier this year, but has had some injury problems so hasn't played much on the clay. She got a comfortable win in the 1st round which makes me think she's in at least reasonable shape. Ivanovic seems to be coming into a bit better form, but at times still looks so fragile. She has a very high level and a very low leve - we notmally see both in all of her matches. I see this as a really close game so happy to take this price.
also feeling this one tbh, shes had the edge over ivanovic recently and feel she will win comfortably, probably the pick of the matches for odds