** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - French Open

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - French Open

Event Robin Soderling vs Rafael Nadal
Selection Robin Soderling
Strength 10/10
Date 06/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 4.50 (Back)
Reasoning Nadal is vulnerable for me. I thought before the tournament that there were only two people capable of beating him. One was Almagro and the second one was Soderling. Almagro came close but didn't have nerve to do it. Soderling most definitely will. He said that he feels fine physically and mentally as well and won't be so nervous as he was in last year's final. Soderling has got the game to blow Nadal off the court like he did last year and whatever the conditions they will suit Soderling. Just like in women's final Im going for an underdog here. Very good chance for Soderling to win his first Slam. Good luck!

my double Stosur @1.2 Soderling @4.7 I HAVE nothing to say about women stosur- who is her?- since i never watch women tennis, - all of my friends in private life are men- Just happened however, to watch women tennis in recent week- what disguassing- coz i was left at home to make physiotherapy Stosur is about to become champion roland garros for sure, she is hitting the ball at the maximum, she is nothing but a woman, but a woman is going to win the roland garros correct? shut up then Stosur @ maximum stakes Soderling to beat Nadal @4.7 whole planet is living in illusion that nadal is the "king " and he will win let me say that planet is idiot, nadal was mediocre, for whole tournament, the king is FAKE king in my opinion, someone who was borned right handed, but all of a sudden, coz of antie toni nadal, the kid became left handed, nadal is right handed to write or to clean his as*shole, he is doing all normal works with right hand, but coz he is "clever" he uses his left hand to beat other players... Soderling is huge FOREHANDER he might use this extraordinary weapon, to kill Nadal :dude
I really enjoy and appreciate much of what I read in this forum, but have finally had my fill of this guy's inane, disrespectful and egocentric drivel. I trust the maximum stakes on Stosur paid dividends...

Sport Tennis
Event Rafael Nadal v Robin Soderling
Selection Robin Soderling
Strength 10/10
Date 06/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 4.50 (Back)
Reasoning I've been eyeing this up since Soderling beat Federer. He loves this court, and has played some brilliant tennis on it. Last year he shocked the world and beat Nadal on this court. He didn't falter after that, and made it to the final where Federer gave him a lesson in playing a grand slam final. I think he will have learnt from that, and can put in a strong performance. He beat Federer on this court this year, and again backed it up making the final. He looked nervous against Berdych, but he overcome that and I think that experience will also help him here. If he can handle the occasion, his game matches up excellently against Nadal and he has the game to beat Nadal here. Especially if conditions are heavy, which would be a major advantage for him. Nadal is a champion, and probably the best clay court player ever. He's made it to the final without dropping a set, but really has he played well? Compared to his level of previous years, I really don't think he has. Nobody so far has really stepped up and taken it to him. Hewitt played well against him but doesn't have the game. Melzer did a little bit, especially in the 3rd set, and managed to take it to a tie break. Soderling will really take it to him, with his serve and huge groudies from both sides. This will be a real test for Nadal and I would be really impressed if he won. Of course Nadal is favourite, he's the best ever on clay! But I wouldn't have Soderling any more than 3.00 for this.

Re: Tennis - French Open Agree completely with the thoughts fellas and gonna go with the handicap. Soderling +5.5 games vs Nadal @ 5/6 (Various : 7/10) Supposed to be dull conditions tomorrow, cloudy and possibly some rain. Definitely can help Soderling in this one........it played similar against Federer a few days ago and against Rafa last year was pretty much the same. Gives Soderling added time to hit his shots and possibly run around onto his forehand which is his big weapon along with the serve. His first serve is around 60-70% in last few rounds and that should be enough to get him into this match.....he'll be anxious to get the big serve in out wide, open up the court and hit into the space. Effective tactics which worked perfectly last year and I think Soderling is more accomplished now and with greater belief.What to say about Nadal? Great player and is worthy favourite no doubt about it, but I've seen nothing over the last 2 weeks to suggest Nadal can outclass Soderling here.....his serve is attackable, return can range from a great deep shot to mid-court junk which Soderling can punish. I think current Soderling is just a bad match-up for Rafa these days.....on hard-court he'll definitely struggle against the big guys but Soderling is consistent enough from the back of the court to trouble him on clay. Nadal will defend like crazy as usual and will try and move Soderling around, and throw in some variety to expose his movement.....should be a good match I think but I believe that Soderling can cover the handicap and if the serve is working and he has a good winner/unforced error ratio we could be in for a tough match. GL!

Event: Samantha Stosur vs Francesca Schiavone Selection: Francesca Schiavone Strength: 10/10 Date: 05/06/2010 Bookmaker/Price: Pinnacle Sports @ 4.92 (Back) Reasoning: Despite all of Stosur's heroics this is Schiavone's tournament. Don't believe Stosur can serve that well also in final and even if she does Schiavone has all the toos needed to stop here. I'm not having that Schiavone is so underrated for this match as she has dropped just one set in the whole tournament. Im going for a huge upset here.
:notworthy Have to say, I couldn't see a way Stosur wouldn't win this. I even thought conditions suited her. Great pick.

Re: Tennis - French Open The market has moved heavily in Robin Soderling's favour for this final and I tend to agree with it. This is going to be a really tough match for Rafael Nadal. He's lost his last two meetings with Soderling and obviously can't deal that well with the Swede's booming serve and flat groundstrokes. I can see Nadal wanting revenge for his loss in R4 to Soderling last year but his performances in this tournament don't fill me with a great deal of confidence. He may have not dropped a set but had plenty of tight ones with Nicolas Almagro, Thomaz Bellucci and Jurgen Melzer. I think he's lost, in football parlance, a yard of sharpness on the court. He still hits incredible shots but his serve is a huge worry - it's slow, lands too short in the box and will allow Soderling to attack it. There is absolutely no way I could back Nadal to win this at the price, and I can't see him covering the -5.5 game handicap. That leaves me looking at the odds on Soderling. 4.00 to win outright does appeal, but like a few on here I'm going to play the handicap. This match could go the distance - I expect it to be extremely close - and it wouldn't surprise me if Soderling was to win this. It almost feels like this is his time. Since he performed so well last year here, he's grown as a tennis player. He did the dirty work against Tomas Berdych by gutsing it out in five and now he has a chance again to claim a Slam. I'm going to go for a similar bet as many here, and take Soderling on a +4.5 game handicap. This will be an extremely close match, a little like the Wimbledon final of Andy Roddick and Roger Federer last year, and to be on any sort of plus does seem like the value bet. My selection, therefore, is: - Robin Soderling +4.5 games at 2.24 with Pinnacle (3/10) :hope

I really enjoy and appreciate much of what I read in this forum' date=' but have finally had my fill of this guy's inane, disrespectful and egocentric drivel. I trust the maximum stakes on Stosur paid dividends...[/quote'] Well said that man :clap

Re: Tennis - French Open Robin Soderling v Rafael Nadal Bet: Soderling (+5.5) Odds: 1.80 @ 5dimes To be honest i have a feeling that Sod will win this how he's playing lately, but 5.5 games handicap in his favour looks much safer. Of course Rafa is a favourite, he always is on clay and lots of things have to click for someone to win him. Rafa didn't lost a set so far in RG and he played against Almagro and Bellucci who were giving him some problems and brought him to TB. Still i think that Nadal isn't unbeatable. Soderling plays brave, his serves are incredible, always around 210-220 km/h, he's very consistent from the baseline and his movement is very good. Most importantly, i feel that mentally he's up to this challenge. We could see that vs Berdych where he faced problems but was cooler and braver in some moments and deservedly won in the end. To sum it up, my gut feeling is telling me that Soderling will win this thing, but my logic tells me to take this handicap. Soderling will probably take one set and i doubt Rafa is able to break his serve more than 2-3 times. Hopefully it should be enough for this bet. Good luck to all Soderling backers, we'll need it.

Sport Tennis
Event Rafa Nadal vs. Robin Soderling
Selection Soderling
Strength 10/10
Date 06/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 4.03 (Back)
Reasoning This should be a very interesting final without any doubts as the motivation will be at high level for both players. Interesting also because these two players are playing different style of tennis and speaking about this aspect I will say that Soderling can be the most dangerous opponent for Nadal. Rafa is a great defender and his game style is based on that while Soderling is the player who attack every time he has the chance. I have watched the games between these two players and I have to mentionate that Soderling's flat groundstrokes together with his huge serve can create a lot of problems for Rafa's defence, with other words Soderling can hit that winner and end the point more faster, he can avoid those long rallies which other opponents can not. Soderling will play his second final here and he should go with more confidence this time, in his final of last year against Federer he didn't looked too confident, this time should be different. All in all, these odds are just too high on Soderling's side as he is the perfect type of player to beat Nadal's defence and that is all about here. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - French Open Right here are my last few tips, and also they are my last bets before i do my A level exams so hoping i can go out on a high with these 3 :hope 1) Soderling to win- 10/10- 3/1 As everyone has noted, soderling is clearly dangerous to rafa due to his agressive game and massive serve. There is a good chance of rain today, perhaps towards the end of the 2nd set, and if that happens Soderling would suit the conditions perfectly, unlike nadal. Soderling will have the power to get on top of the ball with his top spin and for me, nadal wont have an answer to it. Nadal recently said he's enjoying playing in the sun and the heat, so any other conditions he will struggle i reckon. Saw glimpses of Nadal's more vulnerable side at the end of the third set against melzer where he eventually won in straight sets. Odds are so good for soderling today, definitely worth some money. 2) Total aces over 14.5- 5/10- 4/5 Ladbrokes Another one i will take on today. Obviously most of these will come from Soderling and perhaps a few from Nadal but i feel this can be achieved. Soderling usually gets close or above this on his own, take for example Federer match. Especailly is nadal struggles to keep up with soderling, could be an ace fest in the match. Speed of fastest valid serve over 224.5- 10/10- 5.6 Ladbrokes Again will come through soderling and in this type of match where he will be sure to give it his all, am confident he will do this. He failed to reach this mark against Berdych but against Federer he achieve it on more than one occassion and due to it being a final, really fancy him to him this target when he gets into his stride with his rocket serve. Anyways those are my last 3 tips, GL to all today, enjoy the final should be a good one :ok