2010 Boxing Thread

superfoo

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Fancy Groves to do the business against the over-matched Obede-Toney, but the odds reflect it. The Ghanian has been inactive at this level for the last 2.5 years, having had three glorified sparring sessions with fellow countrymen, one a debutant. He's the proverbial gatekeeper for any prospect who wants to step it up a notch...and it is only a notch. Has been stopped twice previously against the deceptively spiteful Karmazin, and stopped in the 8th in a decent showing against a young Bute 3-4? years back. DeGale has set the standards recently and steps up in class again next month, so Groves will want to keep pace with the headline grabbing DeGale, by putting Obede to the sword once he's set his stall out. Has had three fights this year, winning all inside the allotted timescale. In fact he's only gone to the scorecard twice in his 12 fight career...on his debut and against an ultra-tough Belarussian. 1.40 boyles. Playing a rolling double with Juanma Lopez ITD over Marquez @ 4/6 boyles, sportbet. Should be a cracker this one, when they decide to go at it. Will do a bigger writeup next week. If the 4/6 holds by the time Groves has played his part, should have 2.33 riding onto the Juanma/Rafael match, where a saver on Rafael ITD might be the order of the day.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Obede-Toney fails the BBBC medical, so the fights off. :( The more i look into Pacman/Margarito, the better shot i give the Mexican. Roach not happy with his prep' so far, and heated words have (allegedly) been exchanged. Apparently, Khan jolted him in sparring also, and Manny refused to continue with the spar after 3 rounds. You having a stab with Mahir Oral this w/end foo? Geale/Karmazin win only odds are out, but waiting on MOV prices.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread fookin gutted i missted the geale price BP 5/12 having been available at 4/5!!! Still play the Geale points at 21/20 but frailties with Karmazins chin cause me concern, though Geale not regarded the biggest hitter. Been thinking same with Margarito, Manny in training complaining that he misses his job..........in congress. Marg been training like a beast and you would think so much naturally bigger. The thing is Marg really struggles with the movement and angles. Very intriguing imo.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread cracking fight between upcoming zappavigna and the proven warrior hoon. very risky imo and could develop into a war but shouldnt if the aussie is smart - we will certainly find out if the prospect has a chin, should be interesting but no markets:(

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread on geale pts 6/4spotingbet. thats long gone so not bothered i8f not counted. thread is shot to shit. geale beta mundine and is ready for the next step..still below pirog ndam sturm and others but good enough to box his wayto the dec tonight v a below prime karm

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Sent a pm on monday foo...take it you did'nt receive it with not hearing from you? Put the discussion out there if you want mate. For me, if someone can't be mithered to post their stake, then they dont go in the table. (That might be the way they want it in fairness.) The table would be distorted imo, and unfair to those who show the size of their b*llocks by showing the strength of their wager. It's not right, saying to those who don't post a stake, that it will be included as a 10 point stake. My argument is, as an example...someone 'popping in', with the sentence saying " boxer A in round 7 @ 16/1 will do for me". Does that merit giving the benefit of the doubt with a 10 pt stake? Likewise, anyone waxing lyrical and giving a heavily bullish post about a short odds shot, without actually giving a stake. In the real world that would'nt be only a 10 pt'er. It'd be something like ten times the stake of that 16/1 example above. Hope this make sense, and hopefully other peeps will express their views. Once again...you do a sound job with this thread mate...in fact, how many threads all over the net, do you see with tables showing every bet win or lose? Very very few is the answer! We've managed to deter after-eventers, which plagues virtually EVERY other boxing betting site out there, when they've risen their ugly nappers, so lets try and keep an excellent thread on an even keel. With no actual mod for the thread, it's difficult for superfoo to keep order of things, especially when he's requested for posters to put their stakes in the post. If they refuse to do this, they probably prefer to keep their betting record under wraps. Just my opinion.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread

We've managed to deter after-eventers, which plagues virtually EVERY other boxing betting site out there, when they've risen their ugly nappers, so lets try and keep an excellent thread on an even keel. With no actual mod for the thread, it's difficult for superfoo to keep order of things, especially when he's requested for posters to put their stakes in the post. If they refuse to do this, they probably prefer to keep their betting record under wraps.
Agree. Absolutely belting month of action coming up, so many good fights you can hardly keep up. Will give my bets a bit later on but a few thoughts for anyone to have a go at..... Pacman seems a big concern, read so much about how his heart isnt there anymore and I do think this will be his last fight, as soon as you get into politics and that becomes your life it will make you busier than being a full time fighter, think he will go out with a bang though, Cheater-rito is the perfect fodder for him, he struggles with the angles Manny will pelt him with, can see it ending in a similar to fashion to how Sugar saw him off. Wasnt and have never been impressed with Allan Green, think Glen will totally show him up, 4/7 about and thats plenty enough for me to get involved. Judah's fight as well is very interesting, up agaisnt a guy who has some serious power albeit on a pretty padded record, will have to try and find some youtube stuff of the guy and see what we have. Has a decent win over Vivian Harris in there. Juanma - Marquez - cant wait, could be the best 3-6 rounds of the month, think Juanma wins as Rafa cant have too much left, do think Marquez is a damn good price though, 10/3 knocking about is insulting when Benabe Conception floored Lopez last time and we all know what Marquez can do. Will learn a lot about how good Juanma is this one. Haye-Harrison - shouldnt be happening, sure it will play out as the farce it is, now Audley landed one on Sprott he apparantly has a big punch, no idea where he has hidden it :unsure Surely he wont hit Haye any heavier than Barrett or even Ruiz did. Williams -Martinez and Froch-Abraham towards the end, jesus its gonna be good. :cheers

Sent a pm on monday foo...take it you did'nt receive it with not hearing from you? Put the discussion out there if you want mate. For me, if someone can't be mithered to post their stake, then they dont go in the table. (That might be the way they want it in fairness.) The table would be distorted imo, and unfair to those who show the size of their b*llocks by showing the strength of their wager. It's not right, saying to those who don't post a stake, that it will be included as a 10 point stake. My argument is, as an example...someone 'popping in', with the sentence saying " boxer A in round 7 @ 16/1 will do for me". Does that merit giving the benefit of the doubt with a 10 pt stake? Likewise, anyone waxing lyrical and giving a heavily bullish post about a short odds shot, without actually giving a stake. In the real world that would'nt be only a 10 pt'er. It'd be something like ten times the stake of that 16/1 example above. Hope this make sense, and hopefully other peeps will express their views. Once again...you do a sound job with this thread mate...in fact, how many threads all over the net, do you see with tables showing every bet win or lose? Very very few is the answer! We've managed to deter after-eventers, which plagues virtually EVERY other boxing betting site out there, when they've risen their ugly nappers, so lets try and keep an excellent thread on an even keel. With no actual mod for the thread, it's difficult for superfoo to keep order of things, especially when he's requested for posters to put their stakes in the post. If they refuse to do this, they probably prefer to keep their betting record under wraps. Just my opinion.
No man didnt get the PM. Glad you mentioned and didnt think I was plain ignorant:tongue2 Going to comment more on this but want to quickly post a selection. Please people if you have anything to say let us know. Still having issues posting the table so its with the mods for the time being.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Garcia v Mitchell Who can forget Mitchells shhotout with Calzaghe? That fight sent Mitchell into retirement for 4 years. Since his come back he has been ko'd 3 out of 6. Never one with the sturdiest chin he was stopped in his last fight by the conservative power of Otis Griffin. Garcia has a decent ko record (80%) but I will be honest I have never seen him fight. The guy has a cracking amateur pedigree though having beaten the guy DeGale narrowly beat for gold in Beijing. Price shortened immediately from 1/2 to 2/5. The early money is enough to back up what I think of Mitchells case (though the guy can punch). If there was a market for first half I would be all over that as well, will be very surprised for Mitchell to see the second half against a seemingly powerful opponent....Garcia stopped Nathan King who took both Jeffries and DeGale the distance. Recommended bet 100pts (max) Garcia stop Mitchell 2/5 Boyles

Agree. Absolutely belting month of action coming up, so many good fights you can hardly keep up. Will give my bets a bit later on but a few thoughts for anyone to have a go at..... Pacman seems a big concern, read so much about how his heart isnt there anymore and I do think this will be his last fight, as soon as you get into politics and that becomes your life it will make you busier than being a full time fighter, think he will go out with a bang though, Cheater-rito is the perfect fodder for him, he struggles with the angles Manny will pelt him with, can see it ending in a similar to fashion to how Sugar saw him off. Yup. All makes sense to me and I commented a touch on it above. Everyday I see something that concerns me about Manny - congress, decked, bad camp, talking retirement etc. Yeah Pacman has the angles but Cheato took everything that a full weight Cotto could throw at him, loaded or not. Wasnt and have never been impressed with Allan Green, think Glen will totally show him up, 4/7 about and thats plenty enough for me to get involved. Judah's fight as well is very interesting, up agaisnt a guy who has some serious power albeit on a pretty padded record, will have to try and find some youtube stuff of the guy and see what we have. Has a decent win over Vivian Harris in there. Lol. Agree and disagree! I thought at one point that Green could have been very good:$ but has consistently disappointed me since, have even tried to excuse poor performances. Still reluctant to side with Johnson but tbh seems the logical outcome. Matthysses record seems good enough but I wouldnt read too much into the Harris ko as I think Harris is shot to shit and I remember looking for a ko market back then. Think Judah looks serious this time personally, seems to have matured but time will see and tbh the Argentinian is a bit of an unknown quantity. May try and catch some footage myself so let us know if you stumble on anything. Juanma - Marquez - cant wait, could be the best 3-6 rounds of the month, think Juanma wins as Rafa cant have too much left, do think Marquez is a damn good price though, 10/3 knocking about is insulting when Benabe Conception floored Lopez last time and we all know what Marquez can do. Will learn a lot about how good Juanma is this one. Summed up this conundrum perfectly. Rewatched Vazquez 4 the other night and to be fair he looked as good as ever. Haye-Harrison - shouldnt be happening, sure it will play out as the farce it is, now Audley landed one on Sprott he apparantly has a big punch, no idea where he has hidden it :unsure Surely he wont hit Haye any heavier than Barrett or even Ruiz did. What ya on about? COURSE IT SHOULD and YES HE CAN!!!!:lol Williams -Martinez and Froch-Abraham towards the end, jesus its gonna be good. :cheers
Should be a couple of carckers but cant form any sort of opinion at the moment.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Early prizefighter odds out. Choi Tseveenpurev @ 2/1 10 pts ( limited with this book now)sportingbet is huge and won't last ! Sykes rightfully the 6/4 jolly, in what is a first for prizefighter..a current British champion appearing ! A Choi v Sykes dream final looks the way to go, if kept apart...and somehow i think they will be !! Get on the Mongolian Warrior, at this superb price while you can. Love this fella, ever since he landed in England all those years ago with his arse hanging out of his pants, seeking his boxing fame and fortune... Settled into a caravan in the pub back garden, whilst honing his superb conditioning on the unforgiving Glossop hills. An absolute machine of a fighter, who sadly has'nt reaped the financial rewards his dedication and old school morals deserved. Too dangerous for his good, as had multiple fighters shying away from facing him. The hot prospect who fancied his chances with Warren's blessing, surprisingly...was Derry Matthews, who got taken apart over 5 rounds. Even the cream amongst the elite, recognise the big risk/no reward scenario of squaring off with him. Choi earned a shot with FWP, but even frankie had trouble matching him. Is now linked up with Spencer Feron..and they all recognise what a fantastic opportunity this is, with all the publicity and ranking-jumping associated with winning it. Out of the four defeats in his career, only one of them was sure-fire loss..the other three contentious decisions against him on enemy territory. The guy was born to fight, and he's never out of fighting condition. Has a strong following, and will have great support at the York Hall, and signing him (and sykes) for the tournament is a real feather in Hearn's cap. Will be a crackin' tornament, and just what is needed after the bouncers convention in the last tournament. And why O'Hara 25/1, is longer than the likes of Matthews, Ball and Lawton is anyone's guess. :loon

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Had Lopez/Groves ITD lined up in a rolling double last week to bump up Lopez' 4/6 odds. Might still play him, but his defence is a worry. Takes too many flush shots, even though his own power is devastaing. Was out on his feet against journeyman Mtwaga in the 12th, and was dropped in his last fight, before unleashing hell after rising from the canvas... No way this goes the 36 mins, but 4/11 the best on offer. Not reading too much into Marquez' destruction of Vasquez, because the latter was clearly, severly damaged goods. Marquez' two prior bouts at feather, have been average performances at best in my eyes. But, he's still the biggest puncher lopez has met to date. IF Lopez is indeed another over-hyped hotshot AND Marquez catches him clean, then the 13/2 Marquez ITD will look like a gift, after the event. But, i still favour Lopez' star to burn bright after a chilling stoppage. Zab returning to his best weight imo. Only been beat once at 140, against hall of famer Tyzou. Would'nt read too much into the Argentinians tko of Harris, as it was a well dodgy stoppage. Why did the Argies want it concluding ? He'll be tough, just like his brother, but he'll look like he's wading through treacle next to judah. Been brought over to put Judah back in the big money 140 mix imo. agree about garcia. Looking to inflate the odds with something else.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Juan Manuel Lopez vs Rafael Marquez This fight will be a very good spectacle. Lopez is the kind of boxer that you stay up until the early hours of the morning to watch. If his fight lasts 30 seconds, you won't ask for your money back because he is just a beautiful fighter to watch. His movement, his variety of punches... its a pleasure to watch. In this fight, the same can be said of his highly technical opponent. Lopez is a very good fighter, but he gets caught too much. He is too agressive. If he would relax a bit more and box from the outside more, he could be special. But he believes in his power and likes to force the issue. Once he senses his man is hurt, he likes to go toe to toe. This caused him to get knocked down and hurt by Conception in his last fight.. and he is lucky that occured in the final seconds of round one. The thing that makes Lopez so dangerous is his two fisted power. Remember, he is right handed but fighting as a left handed fighter, so his right hook carrys a lot of power. (Just ask Ponce De Leon, who he banged out in one round with a right hook). Lopez has a suspect chin (hurt numerous times) and suspect stamina (a miracle occured in the Mtagwa fight to make him last the distance). He is not bulletproof. As I said, Lopez makes mistakes and you really don't want to be fighting against Rafael Marquez if you do because he will exploit any mistake made. Marquez always throws in combination too. This is key in this fight because the combination punches will be very dangerous for Lopez as he comes in, even if he is coming in for the kill, after hurting Marquez. Marquez is a counter puncher and a technical fighter. He knows every punch in the book and has seen it all. He is a PRECISE and accurate puncher. He has been in with the best and won't be intimidated. He has more KOs than Lopez has fights. Marquez has 35KOs in 39 fights. That is a pretty good record and tells you that when he hits someone cleanly, the opponent usually ends up in a horizontal position. Lopez has his own impressive KO ratio too. He has been hurt in fights and knows how to cope when hurt. His power and technical skill makes him very dangerous here because it won't take much for Lopez to be on his backside on the canvas. In my opinion Marquez just has to land a precise counter or catch Lopez with a punch on the way in (remember, he has every punch in his arsenal). Betting on Lopez in this fight is risky. He got knocked down and HURT by a fairly poor fighter at world level in Conception in his last fight. The standout bet HAS to be to back Marquez by KO at 13/2 with stan james. If Lopez had a Wayne McCullough type of chin, I'd back him to win here but he comes from the Amir Khan school and I believe it will only take one punch for him to lose this fight. Marquez is more than capable of finding that opening. 10 points.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Plenty of tube footage on Garcia, foo... Has that supreme in-built confidence that seems to be inbred in classy Cuban operators. Early days, and he has took 4,5,6 rounds to get domestic level out of there, but Mitchell is well paid, big name fodder nowadays. Garcia's handlers feel he's ready for this next step-up. Mitchell was demolished by Shumenov in that world title shot, 3 fights back, where interestingly he came in 12 lbs over the limit. Was allowed to fight, and looked prehistoric. As you say his last stoppage defeat was to the light-hitting Griffin, and his last legit' win was over a 42 yr old Telesco. In the shumenov fight, his left was perilously low from the first bell...not the best defence for Garcia's slashing rights, which will be raining in from the off. Jumping on Boyles' 2/5 ITD doubling with the Lopez 4/6 stoppage @ 2.33..20 pts. Hopefully Garcia delivers to give 4/3 going on Lopez. Have mentioned Marquez' 13/2 ITD as early as a couple of weeks back on here, and would be foolish not to use such outstanding odds as a safety tool. I still believe in Lopez delivering a clinical finale though. In fairness to him, he has shown great heart and willpower when under the cosh (something gamboa has yet to experience) and i put that Mtwaga 12th, down to his weight struggles. Will be a monster at feather, and even though he has vulnerabilities, the cards are in his favour. Garcia & Lopez ITD @ 4/4 ..20 pts Marquez ITD @ 13/2..4 pts

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Good stuff GH:ok Quick one liners here. Hyland bt Casey Dec/TD 11/4 SportingBet 8PTS Cassey has much exposure in winning a limited prizefighter. Casey has never been past 8 and may tire with his sluggish style. Thinking maybe Hyland can sweep the last half and find something in first half inbetween the early onslaught. Judah bt Matthysse 8/13 Skybet DOUBLE Touched on Judah previously and believe him to be focused. He has only been beaten once at the weight, seems to have matured mentally and is basically on home turf with the hpe this is an oppnent brought in to make Zab look good. With Judahs somewhat slightly suspect chin there is an element of doubt with the unknown Argentinian striker but if he doesnt get hurt too much I think Judah takes this. Johnson bt Green 4/7 Boyles/Sky DOUBLE Johnson bt Green Dec/TD 11/8 Lads/Sky 8PTS Im done with Green now after recent dismal showings. Simply think Johnson will use experience, savvy, workrate, pressure to hussle and bustle his way to a decision. Marquez stop Lopez 13/2 SJ 3PTS Best value punt of the fight for me Johnson bt Green 4/7 / Judah bt Matthysse 8/13 SKYBET 20PTS

Early prizefighter odds out. Choi Tseveenpurev @ 2/1 10 pts ( limited with this book now)sportingbet is huge and won't last ! Sykes rightfully the 6/4 jolly, in what is a first for prizefighter..a current British champion appearing ! A Choi v Sykes dream final looks the way to go, if kept apart...and somehow i think they will be !! Get on the Mongolian Warrior, at this superb price while you can. Love this fella, ever since he landed in England all those years ago with his arse hanging out of his pants, seeking his boxing fame and fortune... Settled into a caravan in the pub back garden, whilst honing his superb conditioning on the unforgiving Glossop hills. An absolute machine of a fighter, who sadly has'nt reaped the financial rewards his dedication and old school morals deserved. Too dangerous for his good, as had multiple fighters shying away from facing him. The hot prospect who fancied his chances with Warren's blessing, surprisingly...was Derry Matthews, who got taken apart over 5 rounds. Even the cream amongst the elite, recognise the big risk/no reward scenario of squaring off with him. Choi earned a shot with FWP, but even frankie had trouble matching him. Is now linked up with Spencer Feron..and they all recognise what a fantastic opportunity this is, with all the publicity and ranking-jumping associated with winning it. Out of the four defeats in his career, only one of them was sure-fire loss..the other three contentious decisions against him on enemy territory. The guy was born to fight, and he's never out of fighting condition. Has a strong following, and will have great support at the York Hall, and signing him (and sykes) for the tournament is a real feather in Hearn's cap. Will be a crackin' tornament, and just what is needed after the bouncers convention in the last tournament. And why O'Hara 25/1, is longer than the likes of Matthews, Ball and Lawton is anyone's guess. :loon
Good read that :ok and looks a great price, intresting going through Choi's record that he had a bout with Veraphol Safaprom (L PTS) in his days back in Thailand, shame we cant find out the scoring as after Safaprom won that he went on to have a huge career and was the guy who had a fantastic trilogy with Toshiaka Nishioka (2 draws, 1 to VS) Its an absolute tragedy to be honest looking at his record that he has never managed to get a decent shot, looks a bet to go in pretty heavy on to be honest, wouldnt be surprised to see him at odds on to win the thing come fight night. You got into on his condition now?

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Tonight. Johnson/Lopez 10pts Evens Skybet Marquez ITD 2pts 13/2 SJ Domestic. Gavin Rees to beat John Watson 10pts 8/13 Various Not much need of an explanation here, Watson is stepping more than a couple of levels up and think Rees will be the fisrt puncher he has faced that will be throwing loads back at him into his body and at a far higher standard than anyone previous. I saw Watson box Al Hamidi in Nottingham a couple of years back and he wasnt one I thought had a huge future, struggled through that and got a couple of rounds he shouldnt of done even though he did win the fight. Rees shouldnt have too many problems here, dont expect a KO but I think a comfortable UD is on the cards.

Tonight. Johnson/Lopez 10pts Evens Skybet Marquez ITD 2pts 13/2 SJ Domestic. Gavin Rees to beat John Watson 10pts 8/13 Various Not much need of an explanation here, Watson is stepping more than a couple of levels up and think Rees will be the fisrt puncher he has faced that will be throwing loads back at him into his body and at a far higher standard than anyone previous. I saw Watson box Al Hamidi in Nottingham a couple of years back and he wasnt one I thought had a huge future, struggled through that and got a couple of rounds he shouldnt of done even though he did win the fight. Rees shouldnt have too many problems here, dont expect a KO but I think a comfortable UD is on the cards.
Agree, i think Rees will try to put strong tempo. The question is if Watson will have the stamina to last 12 rounds against such a pace. I think he will failed and it may results on late stoppage. Paddy and some other bookies gives 6,5 for KO/TKO Rees win! Very nice odds

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Good night all round the looks of it. Juanma is so special, I think he will destroy Gamboa when they meet, Gamboa's chin will not enjoy meeting his fists at all. What a shocking decision for Judah as well, feel for Matysse, he won the fight clearly, awful hometown decision.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Yep..good stuff on the thread. Playing the bookie, i'd expect 10/11 the pair for Lopez v Gamboa. One aspect of the game which Lopez is undoubtably proven, whilst it's still an unknown with Gamboa...is his heart, grit, willpower..call it what you will. Has been in two wars, and has come through both with admirable conviction. Yuri has been on the canvas plenty, but nothing more than flash KD's imo...probably more down to his poor balance. Hamed had the same fault, because of the unorthodox angles he delivered his artillery from. Gamboa has similar disdain for the text book, and because of this, his fights are riveting to watch. Would like to see how Gamboa reacts when taken deep in equal measures, as Lopez was with Mtwaga, but at this point it's shaping up to be a monster fight.

Garcia v Mitchell Who can forget Mitchells shhotout with Calzaghe? That fight sent Mitchell into retirement for 4 years. Since his come back he has been ko'd 3 out of 6. Never one with the sturdiest chin he was stopped in his last fight by the conservative power of Otis Griffin. Garcia has a decent ko record (80%) but I will be honest I have never seen him fight. The guy has a cracking amateur pedigree though having beaten the guy DeGale narrowly beat for gold in Beijing. Price shortened immediately from 1/2 to 2/5. The early money is enough to back up what I think of Mitchells case (though the guy can punch). If there was a market for first half I would be all over that as well, will be very surprised for Mitchell to see the second half against a seemingly powerful opponent....Garcia stopped Nathan King who took both Jeffries and DeGale the distance. Recommended bet 100pts (max) Garcia stop Mitchell 2/5 Boyles
And that's what i mean...by having the balls to show it in public as a maximum bet. nice one :clap

Yep..good stuff on the thread. Playing the bookie, i'd expect 10/11 the pair for Lopez v Gamboa. One aspect of the game which Lopez is undoubtably proven, whilst it's still an unknown with Gamboa...is his heart, grit, willpower..call it what you will. Has been in two wars, and has come through both with admirable conviction. Yuri has been on the canvas plenty, but nothing more than flash KD's imo...probably more down to his poor balance. Hamed had the same fault, because of the unorthodox angles he delivered his artillery from. Gamboa has similar disdain for the text book, and because of this, his fights are riveting to watch. Would like to see how Gamboa reacts when taken deep in equal measures, as Lopez was with Mtwaga, but at this point it's shaping up to be a monster fight.
I think Lopez would be slight favourite with the bookies. The bet would have to be Gamboa by KO for me. I thought Lopez was badly hurt in round 4 against Marquez and was lucky Weeks took a point from him and bought him time (ridiculously!) at a crucial time. He is great to watch but he squares up too much. Gamboa is FAST and it looks like the left hook is the punch that Lopez is susceptable to, which is Gamboas specialty.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Give some outsiders a chance in November. Cant honestly say I think any will come in but may be a little overpriced or maybe their opponents underpriced. Not backed any yet - lookining for opinions (without laughter):moon Chris Edwards bt Sexton 3/1 Looks like this is off! Davies bt Hall 15/8 VC Backed him to beat Napa. That formline doesnt quite work out for this one but keen on the style and circumstances in this one. Thought Napa was coming on in his loss to Hall and got to say there was a touch of disbelief when he quit. Think Hall, a decent counter-puncher will have more pressure than he has faced before, be interesting to see how he handles it. Groves v Anderson Groves as short as 1/7 with a couple. Personally think this is too short and he was flattered with the Adamu win. Was looking at over 5.5 at 4/9 but thats gone. Will take a step back and think that 6.5+ is reasonable at 4/7. Anderson hasnt fought anyone special but I feel his amateur pedigree should see him into the second half of this fight whilst dealing with the over-rated power of Groves? Harrison bt Haye 11/2 Intersting fight all round. Said when it was first announce that it may be in the stars for Harrison but that opinion is waning. Having said that the guy is an Olympic gold medallist who will never have been as focused in his life, deluded or not. Hayes dodgy beard is pretty much the only thing that keeps this interesting. Dont think I want Audley to win but I believe in farirytales so YES HE CAN!:) Cordoba stop Rigondeaux 12/1 SJ Rigon undoubtedley has massive potential but this looks way overpriced considering the gulf in class he is stepping up in. Have to say the guy does look exciting and his handlers must think him ready in his 7th(?) bout. That said the far more seasoned Cordoba has some good wins including decking Cabellero on a way to a decision. The Cuban is a worthy favourite but the chin that has been clipped by lessar opposition is not yet proven. I hope he does take a punch though as I think he looks class. Margarito bt Pacman 9/2 Mentioned concerns about Pac. But Margs aint getting a decision so you would have to go stoppage at 7/8s:unsure Flores bt Greene 7/2 Money in for Flores, intend to look into.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Hey guys, is there anywhere that has archived fights online? I feel it would help my betting activity if i could get to see a bit more of fighters who i am a bit unsure of when it comes to usual tactics, style etc. I know Youtube is usually ok for more high profile bouts but even then you are constantly searching to piece the rounds together.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Hi Haye Vs Harrison. Don't rate either of them and 1 lucky punch will end 1 or the other. I think they'll both come out all blazing and sky sports are 4/6 that either of them win inside 6 rounds looks pretty good to me. Wouldn't ever back anything at 1/8 but sky are offering 1/8 that either wins inside 12 rounds, i don't bet at those sorts of odds but its a banker bet it won't go 12 rounds. Ones got a weak jaw and ones got no heart. Heavyweight division is rubbish at the moment.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Just got back from the weigh-in, which appropiately was held in a theatre. The circle and upper circle (stalls for media and guests only) were rammed. Unfortunately, there's nothing to report, as the proceedings for the main event, went off with a whimper. Had a showbizzy feel to it, and despite a brief Harrison induced 'yes we can' chant from the crowd, which was soon overwhelmed by the predominantly pro-Haye 'no you can't' support. Even the face-off was done from distance, before a carefully staged 'let me at him' photo-shoot, 'referee'd' by Lennox himself... Lewis v Tyson this was'nt.. The day's highlight was genuine needle between Groves and Anderson. The Scot was first up, coming in a midges over, before picking the blue fluff from his belly button (and removing his trollies) and coming in bang on. Groves kept all concerned waiting, before arrogantly meandering on stage, complete with trilby. He took an age removing his gear, before landing on the scales on the button...hat and all. Anderson at the press gang's request got into the face-off mode, whilst groves nonchalontly put his clothes back on. When eventually facing off, anderson moved his head towards Groves' and put a little nut in. Groves was taken aback, but grinned.. before Anderson sent his hat flying, and then storming out.

Hi Haye Vs Harrison. Don't rate either of them and 1 lucky punch will end 1 or the other. I think they'll both come out all blazing and sky sports are 4/6 that either of them win inside 6 rounds looks pretty good to me. Wouldn't ever back anything at 1/8 but sky are offering 1/8 that either wins inside 12 rounds, i don't bet at those sorts of odds but its a banker bet it won't go 12 rounds. Ones got a weak jaw and ones got no heart. Heavyweight division is rubbish at the moment.
Audley won't come out guns blazing, and i doubt Haye will. Harrison will have his usual 'caught in the headlights' look about him, as he detests being hit. His left hand is THE danger for Haye, but has he the speed to land it? This is Haye's fight to lose imo and i'll be taking him inside, in some form or another. Considering the coin toss which is, via KO or TKO...both @ odds against. Also, Haye by retirement at anything 25/1 (sportingbet) plus.. will be another play. If Harrison isstruggling with hayes speed and power, i would'nt rule out a controversial withdrawal, citing injury by Harrison. This scenario would fit in well with his career....excuses by the bucketload. Really want to pull the trigger on Rigondeaux itd. Not decided yet, but this is another impressive boxer from Cuba. Rated as one of the greatest amateurs ever, his defensive attributes are 2nd to none.

Hey guys, is there anywhere that has archived fights online? I feel it would help my betting activity if i could get to see a bit more of fighters who i am a bit unsure of when it comes to usual tactics, style etc. I know Youtube is usually ok for more high profile bouts but even then you are constantly searching to piece the rounds together.
Hi Five, welcome to the thread:ok If you look hard enough you can find fights for most the mainstream guys and even the tiers below if recorded. Domestically Warren usually has bits of most his fighters. For what its worth I trawled my emails and found this from 2007 necer investigated it back then but I tried the link and it worked so they are still up and running. Any mods - if this is inapprpriate please delete. http://www.boxing-videos.net/ it aint free though at a guess

Just got back from the weigh-in, which appropiately was held in a theatre. The circle and upper circle (stalls for media and guests only) were rammed. Unfortunately, there's nothing to report, as the proceedings for the main event, went off with a whimper. Had a showbizzy feel to it, and despite a brief Harrison induced 'yes we can' chant from the crowd, which was soon overwhelmed by the predominantly pro-Haye 'no you can't' support. Even the face-off was done from distance, before a carefully staged 'let me at him' photo-shoot, 'referee'd' by Lennox himself... Lewis v Tyson this was'nt.. The day's highlight was genuine needle between Groves and Anderson. The Scot was first up, coming in a midges over, before picking the blue fluff from his belly button (and removing his trollies) and coming in bang on. Groves kept all concerned waiting, before arrogantly meandering on stage, complete with trilby. He took an age removing his gear, before landing on the scales on the button...hat and all. Anderson at the press gang's request got into the face-off mode, whilst groves nonchalontly put his clothes back on. When eventually facing off, anderson moved his head towards Groves' and put a little nut in. Groves was taken aback, but grinned.. before Anderson sent his hat flying, and then storming out.
Nice. Often toyed with going to a weigh in but laziness gets the better of me. Decent insight though. As for Haye/Harrison just dint know what to think but theres got to be some value in all the markets available.