2010 Boxing Thread

superfoo

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread

One of my favourite 'new kids on the block' out again this w/end. Saul Alverez is the 19 yr old ! Mexican sensation, who could well turn out to be the new Gatti. His all out style is made for TV, and with GBP behind him, there's plenty of money and great matchups out there for him. Tee's off against his biggest name to date, in tough guy Carlos Baldomir. Baldomir one of the good sucess stories of boxing, when his career is looked at in detail. Could have sunk without trace, when suffering several early career defeats, but established himself in the loaded 140/147 division's, through hard work, dedication and his best asset...a superb chin. Was outclassed by both elitist's Mayweather and the late great Vernon Forrest, but he was still there at the death. A hard man to put away, and with having little pop himself, with just 2 ko's in 6 years, his bigger fights usually went the 12. His 2 ko wins were over a shot Gatti, and in his last outing against a 40 yr old columbian who's fights never went beyond 5, win or lose (mainly lose). Alverez should be able to showcase his hunger in this fight, and register a coveted scalp, as he puts in his usual 100 mph shift. Would'nt expect an early blowout, given Baldomir's pride and chin, but fancy a sympathetic ref to pull the battered 40 year old out in the 2nd stanza. Alverez 7-12 @ 11/4 sportingbet..4 pts. Kiko Martinez @ 4/5 over Casey ! Via tko etc @ 2/1. Casey a tough 'un, and will have rabid support, but another prizefighter winner (and backed by the powerful Peters organisation) to get a title shot on the back of it. Kiko no floyd, but this is a big stepup. Superb odds on the spaniard imo.
Well Alvarez is a good solid fighter and looks great when he puts it all together. I erally love the way he feints. Watch how he does it, it's marvelous. He almost gave me a heart attack when he took a few flush punches from little Cotto in his last fight. I backed him on betfair at 1/6. For a moment he looked gone to me, but it was the camera angle more than anything. His legs did turn to jelly for a moment though. Baldomir is a tough guy but hes 39 years old now and coming up against a guy with all the ambition in the world. He has always had a good chin but Alvarez is bigger and should be outclassing him from the word go. Therefore it's risky to take Alvarez on points as the ref might think Baldomir has had enough at some stage.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got any views on Mosley vs Mora? It's a frustrating fight for me because I think Mosley is there for the taking by a boxer but Mora is a little bit too much of a slugger in there at times. Plus he's been hurt and dropped a few times in his career. He has a penchant for going toe to toe in fights when he has the skills to win on the outside. I just can't trust him to stay on the outside in this fight so can't really bet on him. A fight I would have loved to have been made would be Mosley vs Yuri Foreman. Foreman would be an underdog but I'd back him heavily to win on points by outboxing Mosley. In the Mosley vs Mora fight, I think Mosley by KO is probably the most likely outcome.
Agree with everything you say. Mosley just is'nt the same fighter, BUT i'd be majorly surprised if Mora was the one to put an end to his career. A few years ago the latin snake would'nt have been allowed in the same room as Mosley..never mind the ring. Time catches up with them all, and Mosley for me, has been pretty poor at 154. Looked ancient against Mayorga and outclassed by Winky, amongst others. Doubt i'd risk sponduliks on him stopping Mora at this stage either. Could'nt trust cash on Mora (though he's got support here and there) and how comfortable is his 6' frame making light-middle? He's on the Golden boy payroll now, so could there be a twist in the tail if it went to the cards? Will keep tabs on the weigh-in...

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Cleverley v Murat should be one of the highlights of the night. Two unbeaten young 'uns putting it all on the line. This is a level up for BOTH boxers, and 36 minutes of crackin' action is in store. Unless a xchin gets exposed bigtime, a distance affair looks likely ( as the crap odds suggest) Cleverley @ 13/8 pts entices, being on franks bill, but a tight, controversial? finale is a possibility. Can't resist the longer odds .. Cleverley via MD @ 16/1 sportbet..0.5 pt & Murat MD @ 50/1..0.25 pt Murat via dec or TD @ 9/1..1 pt. Can only be this price because of the promotion imo. Will do a longer write up on styles etc when more time.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Agree with the comments on Arum giving Margarito a chance, should never have happened and it makes you feel sick, the cringeworthy quote of “not knowing” it was happening was beyond belief and the journo’s there should have asked some follow up questions, was he asleep when they wrapped his hands?

Gutted about AA Froch but at least its just a postponement and not a cancellation. I still cant decide which way to go in that, I said AA KO but I cant put my hard earned against Froch’s chin and it would ruin watching the fight for me if I had big stakes.

Green – watched Saul Alvarez for the first time when his fought Miguel’s bro, very impressed, he’s going all the way, he’s gonna be a cracking one to market as well, a ginger Mexican lad, they will follow him in thousands.

Onto sat – looking forward to it now, Clev V Murat and Sexton V Chisora could be great. I cant call Clev’s fight, Murat looks the best he has faced and we will learn a lot about Nathan, I still have a feeling Sexton is gonna turn it round on Chisora this time, Sexton grew up a lot in those fights against Rogan (even though he should of lost the 1st) and Derek has beaten up a couple of people who didn’t want to be there in his last fights…………..Enzo’s fight should go to the one who can land the first big blow, suppose you have to side with the value, I;m with foo on Hall, never rated him that highly anyway since I watched Martin stop him and he looks well out of his depth here to me, anything approaching evens for Konecny could turn out to be the bet of the night. Think Dilks will take De Gale further than he has been, if I can get 2/1 for JDG to win on points I’ll take it.

Greenhoff – You still fancy Gamboa to beat Juanma when they face off??, made an effort to watch him last week and although he’s a beast, I’m not sure he’s ready for that yet, I think Lopez would stop him…….learn a lot more when we see Juanma v Marquez.

Agree with the comments on Arum giving Margarito a chance, should never have happened and it makes you feel sick, the cringeworthy quote of “not knowing” it was happening was beyond belief and the journo’s there should have asked some follow up questions, was he asleep when they wrapped his hands?

Gutted about AA Froch but at least its just a postponement and not a cancellation. I still cant decide which way to go in that, I said AA KO but I cant put my hard earned against Froch’s chin and it would ruin watching the fight for me if I had big stakes.

Green – watched Saul Alvarez for the first time when his fought Miguel’s bro, very impressed, he’s going all the way, he’s gonna be a cracking one to market as well, a ginger Mexican lad, they will follow him in thousands.

Onto sat – looking forward to it now, Clev V Murat and Sexton V Chisora could be great. I cant call Clev’s fight, Murat looks the best he has faced and we will learn a lot about Nathan, I still have a feeling Sexton is gonna turn it round on Chisora this time, Sexton grew up a lot in those fights against Rogan (even though he should of lost the 1st) and Derek has beaten up a couple of people who didn’t want to be there in his last fights…………..Enzo’s fight should go to the one who can land the first big blow, suppose you have to side with the value, I;m with foo on Hall, never rated him that highly anyway since I watched Martin stop him and he looks well out of his depth here to me, anything approaching evens for Konecny could turn out to be the bet of the night. Think Dilks will take De Gale further than he has been, if I can get 2/1 for JDG to win on points I’ll take it.

Greenhoff – You still fancy Gamboa to beat Juanma when they face off??, made an effort to watch him last week and although he’s a beast, I’m not sure he’s ready for that yet, I think Lopez would stop him…….learn a lot more when we see Juanma v Marquez.

Hey Matt, degale at 3/1 pts out there, skyb and a few others i think. You really fancy this? Agree, it will go past half way, but a late promotional stoppage would have me on edge. Konecny's price still holding firm...sorely tempted. As for Gamboa and Lopez, lets hope they both thrill in their next bouts to get this signed and sealed for next summer. A hell of a lot of similarities in the both of them, but Lopez' looked a dead man at the end, in that Mtagwa fight. Gamboa blew the same guy away. I'll accept that this way of comparison is over-used in boxing circles though, and something i'd not put too much store in. It proved his great heart (unlike Ortiz) to see a fight through, when he should have been out for the count. Thats something Gamboa has'nt experienced yet. Gamboa for all his highlight reel excellence, is not immune to touching the canvas, having been down in several fights. Never looked hurt in any of the KD's though. What i'd put forward in his defence, is he has poor balance. Hamed for all his brilliance, was the same. Hopefully lopez retires Marquez ( by the same token, a huge incentive for Marquez to get THE big money Gamboa fight by upsetting the bookies odds) in his next scrap, and with Gamboa rumoured to be close to getting Chris John in the ring, thats another solid upper-level contest. Would be on the unders and Gamboa, if close to even money.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Konecny v Hall As mentioned previously I believe Hall could be on the slide. Came to the fore with an impressive win over Pryce but imo that is his only particularly impressive win. A peak Hall would bring his strong constant pressure with his aggression but but Im not sure even that would work against Konecny who has a similar style with head down crouched into his high guard and when close also throws the leather with some serious intent, although he can wing a touch. The popular Konecny, has not really mixed it consistently with high calibre opponents but still probably not short of the quality Halls faced and he gave WBO champ Dzurnik fits when they met 2 years when he dropped a MD. Also worth considering that Konecny has a good amateur pedigree, winning two Bronze medals in successive World Championships. That said I think these two bulls are going to meeet head on in the centre of the ring with neither taking a backward step in what could be the fight of the night. Hall has a tendency to walk straight in, without movement this could prove costly against Konecny as I can see him landing the cleaner blows as Hall comes in and has many of his own shots blocked on Konecnys gloves. Konecny has the proven stamina having gone the distance several times where as Hall has never gone past the 8th. Just fancy a kind of wear down victory hear from the Czech with a late stoppage not being surprising. Recommended Bets 30 pts Konency bt Hall 5/6 Skybet 10 pts Konency bt Hall by stoppage 21/10 Skybet 1 pt Konency bt Hall rds 10-12 10/1 Skybet

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Gavin bt Kelly by stoppage 2/9 general Funtime just looks seriously impressive and only the caget McDonah preventing the 100% ko ratio. Got 10 rounds to do the job as well. Ali bt Broadhurst 61/ SportingBet Never seen Ali and know nothing about him other than his record of 3-2. But he only lost by a point to Bayaar in his last fight and had an undefeated fighter down in his other loss. 6/1 may give a run for money. DeGale bt Dilks by Dec/TD 3/1 Sporting Bet Over 7.5 4/5 DeGale is ecpected to dominate Dilks but I think this could be a little tougher than it seems. Dilks is well up for this though that alone will not be enough to beat the Olympian. Dilks seems pretty durable and has shown proven stamina. DeGale took 5 rounds to put away Horton who in turn was dispatched within 2 rounds in prizefighter not long after. I dont think Dilks is going to go away easily and if Degale isnt having it all his own way early in the fight maybe he will be content to coast and use his boxing skills, especially if Dilks can land solidly enough early doors and earn a little respect.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Maccarinelli v Frenkel Dont know too much about Frenkel but what you see is what you get with Enzo. I like the guy and he is one of my favourite fighters so this may be a little biased. People say he has no chin, which though a very good case can be made I think is a little unfair. If you look at his losses, the Haye one for a start aint that bad its just it was considered close to an even fight going in. Olafabi masterfully let Enzo gas letting him throw everything he had at him but lasted through it and then landed clean on the virtually gassed Welshman, and I would put Olafabi in the top 6 in this division. Finally Boystov who many are talking as the next big challenger after ripping up the cruiserweight division and sparked the touted Alekseev in 2 last time. That said I have seen his jellylegs numerous times but he has come back well a few times, dont forget he took some flush shots from Haye before the stoppage in the corner. Frenkel from reports seems a decent fighter but nothing spectacular. He boasts a decent ko% but it has to be said against somewhat limited opposition, that said it doesnt have to be the hardest puch to wobble Enzo. Like the unders in this fight basically inkeeping with what both fighters records suggest, though Frenkel has never been beat, let alone stopped but will not have faced anyone who punches as hard as Enzo. Maybe being a bit greedy with the under 6.5 though. Recommended bets 12 pts Maccarinelli v Frenkel under6.5 5/6 Bet365 3 pts Maccarinelli bt Frenkel Rds 1-3 5/1 Bet365

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Sexton v Chisora This seems pretty much a 50/50 fight. Chisora beat Sexton 2 years ago relatively easily enough. However that was probably his best career win as although gaining the British title Williams had surrendered before he got in the ring. Sexton has improved since winning Prizefighter

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread and then beating Rogan twice, though shouldve been finished in the first. Sexton claims he has 'grown up' and feels sturdier as well as punching harder with his 'manpower'. The momentum also seems to be flowing for Sexton. That said I cant really get away from their first fight though. I will take Sextons improvements to be true and make a value call on Sexton. Recommended Bet 8 pts Sexton bt Chisora split (a little better than the BP 9/4) 4 pts Stoppage 11/2 Boyles 4 pts Dec/TD 11/2 Lads

Gavin bt Kelly by stoppage 2/9 general Funtime just looks seriously impressive and only the caget McDonah preventing the 100% ko ratio. Got 10 rounds to do the job as well. 1pt Ali bt Broadhurst 61/ SportingBet Never seen Ali and know nothing about him other than his record of 3-2. But he only lost by a point to Bayaar in his last fight and had an undefeated fighter down in his other loss. 6/1 may give a run for money. 5pts DeGale bt Dilks by Dec/TD 3/1 Sporting Bet 15pts Over 7.5 4/5 DeGale is ecpected to dominate Dilks but I think this could be a little tougher than it seems. Dilks is well up for this though that alone will not be enough to beat the Olympian. Dilks seems pretty durable and has shown proven stamina. DeGale took 5 rounds to put away Horton who in turn was dispatched within 2 rounds in prizefighter not long after. I dont think Dilks is going to go away easily and if Degale isnt having it all his own way early in the fight maybe he will be content to coast and use his boxing skills, especially if Dilks can land solidly enough early doors and earn a little respect.
2/9 is still too short for me so will take the under 7.5 5/6 Skybet 18pts

Konecny v Hall As mentioned previously I believe Hall could be on the slide. Came to the fore with an impressive win over Pryce but imo that is his only particularly impressive win. A peak Hall would bring his strong constant pressure with his aggression but but Im not sure even that would work against Konecny who has a similar style with head down crouched into his high guard and when close also throws the leather with some serious intent, although he can wing a touch. The popular Konecny, has not really mixed it consistently with high calibre opponents but still probably not short of the quality Halls faced and he gave WBO champ Dzurnik fits when they met 2 years when he dropped a MD. Also worth considering that Konecny has a good amateur pedigree, winning two Bronze medals in successive World Championships. That said I think these two bulls are going to meeet head on in the centre of the ring with neither taking a backward step in what could be the fight of the night. Hall has a tendency to walk straight in, without movement this could prove costly against Konecny as I can see him landing the cleaner blows as Hall comes in and has many of his own shots blocked on Konecnys gloves. Konecny has the proven stamina having gone the distance several times where as Hall has never gone past the 8th. Just fancy a kind of wear down victory hear from the Czech with a late stoppage not being surprising. Recommended Bets 30 pts Konency bt Hall 5/6 Skybet 10 pts Konency bt Hall by stoppage 21/10 Skybet 1 pt Konency bt Hall rds 10-12 10/1 Skybet[/quote Read and watched a little more and going to add 10 pts to the win and 5pts to the stoppage.

Maccarinelli v Frenkel Dont know too much about Frenkel but what you see is what you get with Enzo. I like the guy and he is one of my favourite fighters so this may be a little biased. People say he has no chin, which though a very good case can be made I think is a little unfair. If you look at his losses, the Haye one for a start aint that bad its just it was considered close to an even fight going in. Olafabi masterfully let Enzo gas letting him throw everything he had at him but lasted through it and then landed clean on the virtually gassed Welshman, and I would put Olafabi in the top 6 in this division. Finally Boystov who many are talking as the next big challenger after ripping up the cruiserweight division and sparked the touted Alekseev in 2 last time. That said I have seen his jellylegs numerous times but he has come back well a few times, dont forget he took some flush shots from Haye before the stoppage in the corner. Frenkel from reports seems a decent fighter but nothing spectacular. He boasts a decent ko% but it has to be said against somewhat limited opposition, that said it doesnt have to be the hardest puch to wobble Enzo. Like the unders in this fight basically inkeeping with what both fighters records suggest, though Frenkel has never been beat, let alone stopped but will not have faced anyone who punches as hard as Enzo. Maybe being a bit greedy with the under 6.5 though. Recommended bets 12 pts Maccarinelli v Frenkel under6.5 5/6 Bet365 3 pts Maccarinelli bt Frenkel Rds 1-3 5/1 Bet365
Macca and Frenkel can both bang as we know so anything could happen. I like the under 6.5 but won't be going in too heavy because they both might come out tentative, knowing that the other man can known them out if he lands.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Khan @ 1/3 :loon Unbackable i'm afraid, but his 4/5 for tko etc decent enough. Maidana 11/5 SU and 13/5 for the stoppage. Lets hope the other firms have a similar train of thought when they release their numbers.. As posted a few weeks back, will almost certainly be on Frenkel. Enzo poor value for me. A 50/50 on paper, that could look like one of the great mis-matches (after the event) when either fighter lands clean. Thats the gamble, and if Frenkel's whiskers (no way of knowing at this level) are genuinly crafted from stronger substance than enzo's, then his 11/8 and 13/8 tko, would represent a gift. It's not often Team Sauerland allows his fighters (Murat too) out of Germany in pick-em fights. In fact it's a rarity. They must fancy their chances. A few peeps suggesting Matty Hall will be disadvantaged by the short notice. Can't agree, he was due to fight next week and has been looking ruthless in training. A slight re-alignment to his training schedule was needed, and seamlessly achieved. Worry about his chin and stamina though. Konecny is a true boxing pro. A solid Euro player, with a couple of unlucky decisions against excellent opposition going against him. Un-nerved by his last 4,5 fights being in the 160 range though. Will he be the same coming back down to his best weight? Waiting on the weigh-in, but can't see this going past 9.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Off to the footy first today so not time for huge write up but I've settled with......... 10pts Konecny to beat Hall @ 5/6 skybet - stand out bet on the night for me, just a different level from where I am looking. 8pts Sexton to beat Chisora @ 9/4 laddies - Massive improvement from Sam in his 2 Rogan bouts, Chisora thinks he is a bit better than he is, 60/40 match for me, 9/4 has to be taken. 6pts JDG on points @ 3-1 :eek Paddy Power. 1pts Dilks to beat De Gale. 6-1 various. - Dont think JDG will have it all his own way here, Dilks is decent and for the first time in his career fatty steps in the ring with someone who believes he can beat him, think Dilks has what it takes to go to pts. Saver bet just in case...... 4pts Murat to beat Cleverley @ 5-2 Stan James. - Pretty much following what Green says, Sauerland dont put thier guys in unless they have a chance, Clev will have to dig deep here tonight to win this one. Murat comes forward all night and down the stretch it could get very interesting. Tempted for a small punt on Jennings in case but nothing serious, Enzo Frenkal is a coin toss although I do slightly favour Enzo on recent form and quality of op.....think they have that priced about right now.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Cleverly v Murat Cleverly has barely put a foot wrong but this is a decent step up. Having now finished his degree Cleverly feels he can now focus 100% on his boxing. 4 of Murats last 6 have gone the distance, with only one stoppage at this weight against an overmatched oppnent and I feel Clevs chin is relatively solid. I reckon Clev is probably the better boxer and on recent outings may have the better power. Murat though looks a tough cookie. Imagine Cleverly coming through on points but will know hws been in a fight. Recommended bet 15 pts Cleverly bt Murat Dec/TD 13/8 Ladbrokes

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Alvarez v Baldomir Alvarez steps up again against overachiever Baldomir. Baldomir is a solid opponent who doesnt hit the hardest but is very durable with some of the biggest names in the division unable to put him away. A worry though is Baldomirs age and inactivity with only 2 fights in 2 years. Its a fight made for Alvarez to win imo. Would expect Baldomir to last the distance but with a younger opponent throwing flurries a referees intervention may occur later in the fight. Recommended bets 12 pts Alvarez bt Baldomir Dec/TD 5/4 Boyles 1 pt each Alvarez stoppage rounds 9 (16s) 10 (16s) 11 (20s) 12 (25s) Boyles

Re: Macklin fight last night

Had Macklin to win in the 5th round last night. His opponent came out for 2 SECONDS of the sixth round' date=' and gave up without another punch being thrown! Am i right in thinking that if he had stayed on his stool it would have been classed as a 5th round stoppage?:wall[/quote'] Yep. :eyes What I thought we learned from last night...... Nathan Cleverly is going to be a very special fighter. Derek Chisora would run Haye closer than any other British heavyweight. Enzo has to retire or he will get seriously hurt. Matthew Hall is as honest a professional as you will see in sport, its guys like him that keep you interesting in Boxing. James De Gale might be better than I thought. Fans of Birmingham City can cause trouble at any sporting event possible over pretty much nothing.

Yep. :eyes What I thought we learned from last night...... Nathan Cleverly is going to be a very special fighter.
Fairplay Cleverly put on a hell of a show but I thought he was in danger of punching himself out early doors, or get caught by a overhand right as he was wide open all fight. I bet his trainer and Frank Warren were both exasperated by the way he fought though, instead of jabbing the guy into submission.

Ali bt Broadhurst 6-1/ SportingBet Never seen Ali and know nothing about him other than his record of 3-2. But he only lost by a point to Bayaar in his last fight and had an undefeated fighter down in his other loss. 6/1 may give a run for money. .
:clap:clap:clap

Fairplay Cleverly put on a hell of a show but I thought he was in danger of punching himself out early doors, or get caught by a overhand right as he was wide open all fight. I bet his trainer and Frank Warren were both exasperated by the way he fought though, instead of jabbing the guy into submission.
I thought the commentators were going OTT on how he was "punching himself out" Never at any point did I think Murat was showing more in the tank than Clev. I think they seriously under-estimated the fitness of Cleverly and Chisora last night, they both looked too me that they could go strong for 12.

I thought the commentators were going OTT on how he was "punching himself out" Never at any point did I think Murat was showing more in the tank than Clev. I think they seriously under-estimated the fitness of Cleverly and Chisora last night' date=' they both looked too me that they could go strong for 12.[/quote'] Didn't have the commentary on as Jim Watt get's on my tit. Just really surprised that he wanted a war instead of boxing 'Cleverly';) behind the jab. He's a huge lightheavyweight but very lean so hopefully won't have weight issues for along time to come.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Will do a better write -up when more time. Enjoyed the night and yeah, the 'zulu's' are alive and kicking. A couple from our party got involved. Can't complain at the card and how it played out. Missed degale's early finish:( Cleverley has crowd appeal, and he plays to it, instead of using his frame and skillset to his advantage. Good for the neutral punter, but won't prolong his career. Some good further step up fights out there for him, but the likes of Pascal and Dawson are a few fights off yet. Braehmar in Germany would be tough, but if frankie produces the goods again snaffling the home court, every fight fan in the UK should bow down. A Shumenov bout would be a cracker also.

Will do a better write -up when more time. Enjoyed the night and yeah, the 'zulu's' are alive and kicking. A couple from our party got involved. Can't complain at the card and how it played out. Missed degale's early finish:( Cleverley has crowd appeal, and he plays to it, instead of using his frame and skillset to his advantage. Good for the neutral punter, but won't prolong his career. Some good further step up fights out there for him, but the likes of Pascal and Dawson are a few fights off yet. Braehmar in Germany would be tough, but if frankie produces the goods again snaffling the home court, every fight fan in the UK should bow down. A Shumenov bout would be a cracker also.
I don't think Cleverly has the temperament to beat the guys at the top level like Pascal or Dawson. I'd take old Hopkins to beat him as well. Why? Ring intelligence. Cleverly fought a really stupid fight, despite being told not to by everyone around him, before, during and after the fight. He doesn't have the ring IQ or temperament to stick to a gameplan. His defence isn't good and he is an accident waiting to happen.

Will do a better write -up when more time. Enjoyed the night and yeah' date=' the 'zulu's' are alive and kicking. A couple from our party got involved..[/quote'] How the fcuk did your lot get involved? :lol From what I could see it was Brum attacking anything welsh that moved, even on ES they were saying welsh lads just going for a piss were getting a slap with no bother, could tell the Brum lot were coked up early doors from WBA away and came straight back to the centre. The welsh lot seemed genuine boxing fans as well, same lot I saw when Clev fought in London and nothing to do with the Soul Crew which most of the zulus thought they had turned over by the end of the night. Seen enough of this shit to be honest now, seems to be every single event. That was the nastiest stuff I've seen for a while though, not your usual hangbags but some serious stuff thrown and a couple of people seemed to get KTFO. Clev V Brehmer??? I think Clev wins, I really rate the guy, he reminds me of Carl Froch in a way the more I watch him, defensive disaster but I just think he is gonna win a lot of fights. I wouldnt want him in agaisnt Bad Chad or Pascal yet but I think anyone else is game......him V Froch would be a fcuking belter if weight could be made. Contract sent through to Groves today, he has 48 hours......hope it goes on but cant see it.....

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread You can almost bust your nuts to the November schedule. Saturday, Nov. 6 -- at Las Vegas, NV (Showtime) WBO featherweight title: Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Rafael Marquez Saturday, Nov. 13 -- at Arlington, TX (HBO-PPV) Vacant WBC light middleweight title: Manny Pacquiao vs. Antonio Margarito Saturday, Nov. 13 -- at Manchester, England WBA heavyweight title: David Haye vs. Audley Harrison :lol Saturday, Nov. 20 -- at TBA, USA WBC middleweight title: Sergio Martinez vs. Paul Williams Saturday, Nov. 27 -- at Las Vegas, NV (HBO) WBA/WBO lightweight titles: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Michael Katsidis