** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

2010 Boxing Thread

superfoo

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread

Not for me, though I'll find it very hard to bet agaisnt Froch as I love the bloke to bits. I just think with his lack of defence at some point King Arthur will connect in the same way he eventually caught Jermaine Taylor, I really hope I am wrong though and Froch can produce a display to win the fight. It should be an absolute belter. Few good outsiders on that Birmingham card, like Greenhoff has said anything odds-agaisnt V Mac has to be taken, Sexton is huge at 2/1 (some places 11/8), Chisora beat him last time out but Sexton's jab looks far far better now and there is no telling how much he learnt from 2 trips to Ireland and 2 wins agaisnt Rogan (even of the first one was Rogan's fault.) I'll have no problem taking Jennings at 4/1 while we find out how good Kell Brook is. Anyone know much about Konecny?, he has a decent performance under his belt V Dzinziruk and should give Rhodes a test, I think Cleverly is a real class act as well but he has a tough one V Murat who I havnt seen but has some decent scalps under his card. The card wont capture the imagination of the general public but if it holds together its a British fight fans dream. Local news Munroe's fight is confirmed for October on the 24th on a sunday.....hope sky will put it on! Marts has also been given a shot at Sam Webb for the british title on saturday fight night in London, load up the bus. :cheers:cow
Rhodes v Konecny could be a carbon copy of the Moore fight, if that's how Rhodes wants to play it. Konecky has a similar style to Mooresy imo. Hunched, hands-up, come-forward stalking style, is his plan A...and B & C. If Rhodes wants to utilise his superior movement, and keep the action at length, he should take this quite comfortably, and look classy doing it...BUT, he chose to trade with Moore, and managed to come out on top. Was either a clever calculated plan, believing Moore was all but done at the weight, or he genuinely fancied his power, man for man. Konecny is more seasoned at this level than Moore, and despite his basic approach, throws dangerous left hooks when in range. No mug, as his few close defeats on foreign soil indicate, but his last 3 fights have been at 160 against ordinary opposition. Won't be looking too much into that though, as they've been keep busy fights without having to boil down. Last but not least..Rhodes is an unbeaten fighter at this weight.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Frenkel vs Enzo is an interesting affair. Considering what Lebedev has done since, we can say that it might have been premature to completely write Enzo off after that loss. This Frenkel guy has some serious power and is unbeaten. He will need a KO to win though. I'm not sure I want to be backing him at 6/5. I'll see what the odds are that the fight doesn't go the distance. I think the Cleverly/Rhodes and Barker fights are all priced up well by the bookies. No value to be had so I won't be playing. Looking forward to tonights fights though. Really hoping Marquez can stop Diaz again!

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Tonight (really looking forward to this card) Juan Marquez to beat Juan Diaz via KO, TKO or stoppage 6/4 stan james. 20 points. See this fight panning out similar to the last one I think Diaz will come hard early and as the fight goes on JMM will get stronger and stronger, I thought Diaz looked a shot fighter in his last bout V Paulie and he seemed to be hurt by a few of Malig's punches, if they are hurting him his resistance must seriously be going and JMM can take full advantage, expecting a stoppage maybe a bit quicker that last time out. Dimitry Pirog to beat Daniel Jacobs 13/10 boylesports 15 points. A fight that on paper looks a coin toss so immediately I've looked towards the value, closer inspection it looks a decent bet this, Pirog seems to have won not only every fight in his career but every round as well, him and Jacobs seem to have been matched similar. Jacobs however has lost a few rounds, he had a fight with Ishe Smith who imo is no great shakes and was only 3 points up on 2 of the cards and that was after Smith being deducted a point as well. Bit of a shot in the dark I admit but on my reading and watching some vids on youtube I give Pirog at least a 50% of winning this. couple of value picks for entertainment...... Mendy to beat Bika - 7/2 (various) 5 points Prepared to have a small punt here, Mendy unbeaten and has a credible draw with Hanshaw to his name, never liked Bika, ugly fighter but effective, probably should win but prepared to take a chance on Mendy at the price. Juarez to beat Linares 5/2 stan james 5 points Always liked Juarez and like backing him agaisnt the odds, apart from being outclassed by JMM a couple of years back he always gives you a run for his money, his performance in the first Chris John was fantastic as I think he lost the first 6 before coming back to draw. Gets stronger as the fight goes on and if he can pick up a couple of rounds in the first half of this bout he will have a decent chance, not sure about Linares and havnt seen anything of him but his last performance was only a MD win V average opposition, worth a punt.

Tonight (really looking forward to this card) Juan Marquez to beat Juan Diaz via KO, TKO or stoppage 6/4 stan james. 20 points. See this fight panning out similar to the last one I think Diaz will come hard early and as the fight goes on JMM will get stronger and stronger, I thought Diaz looked a shot fighter in his last bout V Paulie and he seemed to be hurt by a few of Malig's punches, if they are hurting him his resistance must seriously be going and JMM can take full advantage, expecting a stoppage maybe a bit quicker that last time out. Dimitry Pirog to beat Daniel Jacobs 13/10 boylesports 15 points. A fight that on paper looks a coin toss so immediately I've looked towards the value, closer inspection it looks a decent bet this, Pirog seems to have won not only every fight in his career but every round as well, him and Jacobs seem to have been matched similar. Jacobs however has lost a few rounds, he had a fight with Ishe Smith who imo is no great shakes and was only 3 points up on 2 of the cards and that was after Smith being deducted a point as well. Bit of a shot in the dark I admit but on my reading and watching some vids on youtube I give Pirog at least a 50% of winning this. couple of value picks for entertainment...... Mendy to beat Bika - 7/2 (various) 5 points Prepared to have a small punt here, Mendy unbeaten and has a credible draw with Hanshaw to his name, never liked Bika, ugly fighter but effective, probably should win but prepared to take a chance on Mendy at the price. Juarez to beat Linares 5/2 stan james 5 points Always liked Juarez and like backing him agaisnt the odds, apart from being outclassed by JMM a couple of years back he always gives you a run for his money, his performance in the first Chris John was fantastic as I think he lost the first 6 before coming back to draw. Gets stronger as the fight goes on and if he can pick up a couple of rounds in the first half of this bout he will have a decent chance, not sure about Linares and havnt seen anything of him but his last performance was only a MD win V average opposition, worth a punt.
I'd doublecheck that Marquez tko mate...6/4 is the decision odds with stanj. I'm on Jacobs via pts as posted ^ for the value it is. Should be a beltin' bout this one, between two unbeaten, hungry, talented boxers. Like what i see of Pirog. Boxes with assurance, and has an unflustered control to his work. Jacobs the more unorhodox in his style, content to box off the back foot. Unless one becomes careless, this has distance pencilled in. Backing the GBP fighter to get the nod in what should be a classy encounter. Jacobs dec @ 3.50 sportingbet. Was hoping for a better line on Bika. Was due to spark out Brinkley in an eliminator for Bute's title a few months back, before the goalposts were moved, giving Brinkley a straight shot. Not a tv paymaster or opposition teams favourite fighter, because of his ugly (and brutal style). Who can forget the state of Calzaghe's face after their meeting. Mendy, was in the 168 mix a few years ago, with public spats with Edison Miranda the norm, which put both fighters in the spotlight. Guess what..they never faced each other in the end, and whilst Miranda was exposed at the higher level. Mendy continued fighting the average joes. Has feasted on Brit domestics in the last few fights, one which was dummied by DeGale in 2 rounds. Not ideal prep' for the likes of Bika. hoping Bika goes for the jugular later, to offset any chance of Mendy getting that Bute shot later in the year. Bika already lost to Bute, and i doubt the moneymen would want him again.They'd have no worries selling Frenchman Mendy to the Canadian public given their histories. Linares has a big chance to put himself back into the big fight window. Was superb early in his career, before injuries and inactivity hampered his progress. Was caught cold in one of the KO's of the decade a few fights back, but golden boy still have plans for him. Juarez always finds a way to lose, but his cv is full of stellar opponents. Fancy Linares to box his way to the dec, in what is a 10 rounder. No MOV odd, so doubling him. Linares and Bika..10 pts 1.57 b365 Marquez ITD & Bika Under 8.5 rds 1 pt @ 5.90 b365. Speculative punt because of the borderline 8.5 spread. Was hoping for a 10.5 rds, but not to be. Mendy has shown good grit and 8.5 leaves no room for error if Bika starts off slow..

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread 6pm this aftenoon they had the KO and decision both layed out at 6/4 mate......check this mornings racing post and its tipped up at that price with SJ. :ok Mendy has beaten Bika via DQ in round 1. :$ Hit him while he was down, lucky but I'll take it. :$

Decent scrap and Diaz seemed to pace himself far more this time and managed to go 12. Problem was he had no chance of winning the fight as he couldnt do anything in the middle. Pirog looked superb, should of really finished it in the second when he had Jacobs hurt but the bomb he threw in the 5th was magnificent, Jacob's "power" didnt seem too visible at all and it looks a very sheltered record now........very happy about this as well. Stripping of Martinez was disgraceful and it looks like WBO and Golden boy colluded together to get this title to Jacobs, Pirog needed a KO as well as somehow the judges had Jacobs 3-1 up after 4 :unsure Bet they didnt think the belt was going back to a small town in Russia.

6pm this aftenoon they had the KO and decision both layed out at 6/4 mate......check this mornings racing post and its tipped up at that price with SJ. :ok Mendy has beaten Bika via DQ in round 1. :$ Hit him while he was down, lucky but I'll take it. :$
Fair do's mate...thought you might have pressed the wrong button. Think most of us have done that at some point. No fkcin way am i congratulating you on the Mendy shout though:moon What the hell was Bika playing at? Heat of the moment and all that..but Mendy would have been starched legit without the illegal shot. Made Abraham's look accidental. Mendy to follow Brinkley next, and be fed to Bute. In a way i'll be glad when the super6 is over, then we can see what bute is really made of. Just to confirm..10 pts Bute ITD over Brinkley @ 1.67. Linares did the business, with a good win over Rocky 'give me 7 rounds to get started' Juarez.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Good touch with Pirog though :ok Looks a classy operator does'nt he? If his chin is as outstanding as his ring presence, he could be something special. The Middleweight division picking up nicely, with some quality fighters coming through all at the same time to threaten the old guard. Golovkin looks the part ( i know foo rates him ) big hitting Canadian Lemiex, that French fella i can't spell at this minute, and Korobov (who's probably a dozen fights behind these at present). Besides Golovkin, none of them young either, with tons of amatuer bouts behind them, and virtually zero ring war and tear, because of their late pro starts. Forget the well backed duddies and Chavez jnr's, this is where the quality lies.. These are the type of blokes, Macklin and Barker will be desperate to be ranked alongside in the next few years. Not to mention the likes of williams, Sturm, Martinez and Pavlik. Desperately hoping Marquez has nothing to do with a Khan fight. Would love to see the legend 'live' but not as fodder to the deluded one, who really needs to (as we got told as kids) "fight someone your own size".

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread No I’m not going to take any credit whatsoever for the Mendy win!! Embarrassed to collect on it, he was getting battered by the looks of it and what Bika was thinking I have no idea.

Totally agree with you on Marquez, he is the best about at Lightweight, in fact the best there has been for a while, soon as he steps up he looks a totally different fighter, if he moved up to fight Khan it would be a farce just the same as it was when he went into the ring with Floyd although I suppose a punchers chance V Khan. Khan is a champion at 140, there are plenty of fighters at 140 who he should be defending it against, not trying to organise this sort of thing. If they do I think it confirms what we all know about Con.

Pirog was the star of the show, watched it again last night, his movement is fantastic and he really hurt Jacobs a couple of times, he took his shots without any trouble, Macklin must be glad he didn’t run into him a couple of years ago when they were thinking of picking him as an opponent. Interesting to see where they go with him now?? Like you said, the middleweight division could be fantastic for the next few years. More boxing dominance coming away from America, maybe HBO will get the arse and pull out of covering that now as well.

Sport Boxing
Event Chad Dawson - Jean Pascal
Selection Chad Dawson by decision
Strength 10/10
Date 14/08/2010
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.90
Reasoning Light Heavyweight (175 lbs.) - This fight is the biggest fight that could be made at light heavyweight at the moment, and will be for the light heavyweight Championship. Chad Dawson (29-0, 17 KO) is the best light heavyweight on the planet right now, and is one of the best boxers in the world too. He fights Jean Pascal (25-1, 16 KO) for the lineal championship and a WBC trinket that is rather meaningless. I like Pascal, but he always seems to fight the wrong gameplan. He has great boxing skills, but he wants to impress his fans, so he goes into brawl mode. As he's not a massive light heavyweight, it doesn't help him one bit. I think Dawson will struggle early on because he'll be facing against a guy with quick hand speed for the first time in his professional career, but I think he'll have enough to outpoint Pascal. I hope Chad Dawson will win by decision. Good luck!
Sport Boxing
Event Devon Alexander - Andriy Kotelnik
Selection Devon Alexander
Strength 10/10
Date 07/08/2010
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.17
Reasoning Junior Welterweight (140 lbs.) - Devon Alexander (20-0, 13 KO) holds both the IBF and WBC junior welterweight titles, and defends them against Ukranian fighter, Andriy Kotelnik (31-3-1, 13 KO) in his hometown of St. Louis next weekend. Alexander is one of the most talented fighters in the sport, and definitely could rule the division along the line. He impressively stopped Juan Urango in 8 rounds last time out, and defeated Junior Witter in 8 too before that. Andriy Kotelnik hasn't fought since his biggest payday against Amir Khan, which he lost by wide unanimous decision, and I think that he'll be too rusty to cause Alexander any problems. I hope Devon Alexander will win. Good luck!
Sport Boxing
Event Tavoris Cloud - Glen Johnson
Selection Tavoris Cloud by decision
Strength 10/10
Date 07/08/2010
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 2.62
Reasoning Light Heavyweight (175 lbs.) - Undefeated IBF light heavyweight titlist Tavoris Cloud (20-0, 18 KO) defends his title for the first time in St. Louis on a stacked tripleheader title fight card against veteran Glen Johnson (50-13-2, 34 KO). Cloud is a talented fighter, and although his record suggests power, he shouldn't be able to stop Johnson, who has one of the best chins in boxing. Johnson might be a shot fighter by now, so this bet has some risk depending on Johnson's conditioning and where he's at in his career. I have no doubt that Cloud is talented enough to beat Johnson. I hope Tavoris Cloud will win by decision. Good luck!

Decent scrap and Diaz seemed to pace himself far more this time and managed to go 12. Problem was he had no chance of winning the fight as he couldnt do anything in the middle. Pirog looked superb, should of really finished it in the second when he had Jacobs hurt but the bomb he threw in the 5th was magnificent, Jacob's "power" didnt seem too visible at all and it looks a very sheltered record now........very happy about this as well. Stripping of Martinez was disgraceful and it looks like WBO and Golden boy colluded together to get this title to Jacobs, Pirog needed a KO as well as somehow the judges had Jacobs 3-1 up after 4 :unsure Bet they didnt think the belt was going back to a small town in Russia.
I also had Jacobs 3-1 up due to his superior boxing will maybe have to watch again but different opinions with scoring will always occur I guess. Got to say though Jacobs does have a little fragile look about him and although I know he will be back I think there will always be question marks. Having said that the punch must have felt perfect as Pirog knew he had won immediately. As for Diaz I thought he would pace himself a little more but he still needed to keep up the pressure fighting that gained him his wins, I appreciate Marquez was tiring and coasting in the last 3 but the punch volume worked again for Diaz though if he had adopted it earlier when JMM was at full power and would no doubt have ended up kissing carpet, have to say the combo in the 4th probably ended his fight. 118-112 seemed a little harsh to me but he did nothing for the middle six as you say.

I also had Jacobs 3-1 up due to his superior boxing will maybe have to watch again but different opinions with scoring will always occur I guess. Got to say though Jacobs does have a little fragile look about him and although I know he will be back I think there will always be question marks. Having said that the punch must have felt perfect as Pirog knew he had won immediately. As for Diaz I thought he would pace himself a little more but he still needed to keep up the pressure fighting that gained him his wins, I appreciate Marquez was tiring and coasting in the last 3 but the punch volume worked again for Diaz though if he had adopted it earlier when JMM was at full power and would no doubt have ended up kissing carpet, have to say the combo in the 4th probably ended his fight. 118-112 seemed a little harsh to me but he did nothing for the middle six as you say.
Incredible how we all see them I suppose, I had it 2-2 and that was me being generous giving Jacobs the first I thought, 2 was obvious for DP, 3 obvious for DJ, I gave 4 to Pirog, he was outlanded but I thought he easily hit the most effective shots and I think he knew he was going to win from R2. There was just something about all 3 having it 3-1 that stank a bit for me, it seems Pirog had to have rounds like the second when Jacobs didnt throw a thing back just to get a 10. This weekend im interested..........How good is Cloud because from what he has fought that price on Johnson keeps tempting me in even more..... :\

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread This weekend im interested..........How good is Cloud because from what he has fought that price on Johnson keeps tempting me in even more..... :\ Have a lot of time for the road warrior. A credit to the sport, and a bit of a freak at the game. Can't see him getting anything from the judges if it were to go the 12, so his 6/1 for tko etc the much better proposition imo. I had him nicking the first Dawson fight, but like against Cloud, he won't win the close rounds.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Harris v Agulera Harris since his comeback after a 3 year lay off is 3/3 against respectable journeymen. He doesnt sport the best record but on his day he has competed well with upper tier fighters(handed former world champ Liahkovic his first loss as well as future challenger Tony Thompson) but has also shown a fragile look with more than his fair share of stoppages against him. When in shape though he can box well. Agulero burst on the scene with what may have been a flattering 1st round stoppage of a badly faded Maskaev, then stepping up to get flattened by Sam Peter. Agulero has a decent early ko ratio and that is definately a worry with Harris' chin. Hoping that Harris can maybe survive an early assault and hopefully let his boxing take over. Notably there has been good support for Harris with the odds being cut twice today. (6/4-11/8-5/4) Recommended bets 10pts Harris bt Aguilera 5/4 Bet365 6pts over 5.5 rounds 4/6 Bet365

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Spinks v Bundrage Both these guys have been pretty inactive of late so ring rust if any would apply to both. I consider Spinks a decent favourite here. He is by far the more classy operator and is a former world champ to boot. Playing with Spinks will always have a matter of risk with it though due to his pitter patter, hit and dont be hit style. Judges can love him or hate him. Bundrage is very much an upright fighter but has shown he can dig. He caused a big upset knocking out the highly regarded Baysangurov. Bundrage has no amateur background and has learned on job so in theory could still be getting better. Despite what seems a relative decline in Spinks ablility recently especially since leaving the welterweights I think he may be too slick and savvy for Bundrage and maybe take a controversial decision. 22pts Spinks bt Bundrage by Dec/TD 10/11 SportingBet

Spinks v Bundrage Both these guys have been pretty inactive of late so ring rust if any would apply to both. I consider Spinks a decent favourite here. He is by far the more classy operator and is a former world champ to boot. Playing with Spinks will always have a matter of risk with it though due to his pitter patter, hit and dont be hit style. Judges can love him or hate him. Bundrage is very much an upright fighter but has shown he can dig. He caused a big upset knocking out the highly regarded Baysangurov. Bundrage has no amateur background and has learned on job so in theory could still be getting better. Despite what seems a relative decline in Spinks ablility recently especially since leaving the welterweights I think he may be too slick and savvy for Bundrage and maybe take a controversial decision. 22pts Spinks bt Bundrage by Dec/TD 10/11 SportingBet
I took him at 4/5, but he's gone up since then I see...
Sport Boxing
Event Cory Spinks - Cornelius Bundrage
Selection Cory Spinks by decision
Strength 10/10
Date 07/08/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.80
Reasoning Junior Middleweight (154 lbs.) - Cory Spinks (37-5, 11 KO) is regarded as one of the most boring fighters around, mainly because of the lack of punching power. He's been involved in trouble with weight and with the police in the States, so this bet has some risk in it, because we don't know how committed Spinks is to the sport, and this fight in particular. But it's in front of his home crowd, so I expect him to turn up with some interest in putting on a show. He defends his IBF trinket against Cornelius Bundrage (29-4, 17 KO) who hasn't fought for a year since a no-contest with Yuri Foreman. Bundrage couldn't even win the Contender series, neither beat Grady Brewer, so I think that if Spinks turns up in the right mindset and in shape, he could walk this fight and win by a very wide unanimous decision. I hope Spinks will win by decision. Good luck!

Virtually 'free' money for Alexander over Kotelnik at 28% and have wagered accordingly. Easy nights work for alexander the great, feasting on khan's scraps. Would'nt be surprised if he gave kotelnik his first stoppage defeat, to outdo what Maidana and khan could'nt achieve. 7-12 @ 5/2 worth looking into. Won't be at the Guild Hall, as at a 21st that night, but have heard O'donnel is out anyway. The lurcher having no luck it seems. A mate of mine reckons mick and the band are supporting Ian Brown...you heard out mate? Good shout with cotto, matt. Would love to see him in Blighty against Rhodes. Not a cat in hells chance i know but.... I know he said he'll refuse a fight with Margarito, but jeez, that revenge factor must be eating away at him. Chavez jnr the easier option though.
Not been around for a while. A few quick thoughts. For the record..50 pts alexander @ 1.28. Pending since June so happy with the odds. 1.10 best available now, and alex via dec @ evens long gone. Would better Buster smashing Tyson if this imploded imo..at least this is the 'real' alexander and not a 70% Tyson. Fascinated by Johnson v Cloud. Dawson ducked Cloud, so that should give a hint. johnson weigh-in pics not the best, but the guy is a machine, and will give cloud his best test to date. would'nt rule out a late stoppage either way but cloud pts under don kings promo' the best bet. Muntayai pts @ 6/5 3 pts. Good talent at this weight. Having to do it in Mexico is a negative, but good enogh to get the job done at + odds. Only fought a couple of weeks ago and did'nt land in mexico til monday, but worth a nominal play. enjoy the boxing boys and GL. Sound shouts on the Harris fight foo..:clap

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread James Degale vs Carl Dilks. Degale is 1/5 on sportingbet. Sportingbet are looking for a hiding with that kind of price up. Degale will win this fight. 1/5 is an absolute treat, considering he will be no better than 1/12 when the first bell rings. Unbelievable pricing up by sportingbet. This kind of thing happens all the time though. I took 1/5 on D. Alexander a few weeks back and 1.9 for the points win. He was 1/10 for the win and 1.66 for the points win before the bell. In this case, Degale is well worth a fair lump at 20% interest.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread That does look good, I’m not De Gale biggest fan and I think his record is very padded (even more so after watching Horton get stopped in a minute in the prizefighter) but he should comfortably have enough to see off Dilks, wouldn’t surprise me if this one went the distance though. De Gale might have to go deeper than he has before.

Anyone seen the Alexander V Kotelnik fight? How all 3 judges had him 4 rounds up no one can explain. Thought he was very very fortunate to get the call, definitely a big advantage being at home and I don’t think he would hold any fears for Khan/Maidana/Bradley on that showing.

One for this weekend.

Chad Dawson to beat Jean Pascal via decision 4/6 various 10 points

Just can’t see any other result here so not much need for too much analysis, a stoppage seems impossible and Dawson should have the tools to deal with what Pascal throws at him, all Dawsons fights seem to pan out the same at the minute with him winning a decision by 4 or 5 rounds. Expecting the same here.

That does look good, I’m not De Gale biggest fan and I think his record is very padded (even more so after watching Horton get stopped in a minute in the prizefighter) but he should comfortably have enough to see off Dilks, wouldn’t surprise me if this one went the distance though. De Gale might have to go deeper than he has before.

Anyone seen the Alexander V Kotelnik fight? How all 3 judges had him 4 rounds up no one can explain. Thought he was very very fortunate to get the call, definitely a big advantage being at home and I don’t think he would hold any fears for Khan/Maidana/Bradley on that showing.

One for this weekend.

Chad Dawson to beat Jean Pascal via decision 4/6 various 10 points

Just can’t see any other result here so not much need for too much analysis, a stoppage seems impossible and Dawson should have the tools to deal with what Pascal throws at him, all Dawsons fights seem to pan out the same at the minute with him winning a decision by 4 or 5 rounds. Expecting the same here.

Those odds are hideous. Bad Chad pts 1.90, out there mate..what you playing at? Scandalous scoring for Alexander. Evidently rewarded for throwing phantom jabs that never connected. Just as well Kotelnik has no pop, because Devon'll be decked in the future, if he shows the same defensive deficiencies. (At least Pirog could take his contest away from the scorecards on foreign soil). You can bet Roache has already worked out his blueprint. Always pays to have the judges onside when lumping on though. Morales v Limond in Sept' in Mexico. Can Limond go the full 12 with a vastly diluted version of Eric? 7/4 for Morales on pts. DeGale been a money train, but he will come unstuck one day, though the likes of dilks is'nt the guy to do it. DeGale late 7-12 @ 11/4 has my attention, but will see what else crops up. John Simpson v Stephen Smith. Any thoughts anyone? Simpson backable at the price for me, but will await other views.

Those odds are hideous. Bad Chad pts 1.90, out there mate..what you playing at?
WTF? Best I can see is 1.66? :unsure edit: Seen 5/6 at Ladbrokes now..............no idea what I was reading earlier.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread GH - About Simpson I know your a big fan of his and remember the Truscott bets. This looks a similar fight to me though I believe Smith has a bit more dig. Personally I feel Simpson is pretty underrated. This said there are big words coming from round Liverpool about 'Swifty' (not unusual to build up their own)) but I remember both Hart and Watt stating that he is the most naturally gifted of the brothers. Many on boxrec think hes price of the century but how much to read into that I dont know after all big bro posts there. Only seen him fight once so hard for me to say but he definately wanted this fight. Maybe wait til the time draws nearer.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Kim V Vazquez This may be more tricky than it looks on paper. The Korean is an absolute beast of a slugger and this guy is a seriosly entertaining fighter, he is relentless and has power (reflected in 11 stoppages in his last 11 fights) but he isnt a boxer. As with a lot of punchers though he gets hurt himself regularly, mainly due to his wide open style. Vazquez has lost 3 times, all by decision, twice to Saul Alvarz (once was Vazquez debut). The Bradley loss (no disgrace) was at 140 and the latest Alvarez loss was at 148, this fight is for the lightweight title at 135 which Vazquez has been slowly boiling down to culminating in hist best win against a then undefeated Breidis Prescott. Bit of a conundrum but I think if Vazquez avoid Kims big shots he can pile up some points IF he can take it to a decision, bearing in mind he has done 10 rounds with both Bradley and Alvarez (at weight a stone heavier for the latter). Kim has also shown wobbly legs on numerous occasions. The Korean has been hammered in from 2/1 to 4/6 for the ko with Sporting Bet but Boyles have opened up on 6/4 which will not last. This leaves some tasy odds on Vazquez in what I see as a pretty even fight going in. I am going to take a chance on the Mexican to pull off the upset but will have a saver on the Koreans power as I cant see him taking a decision. Recommended bets 60pts Vazquez bt Kim 2/1 SJ (should maybe wait?) 40pts Kim win by stoppage 6/4 Boyles