2010 Boxing Thread

superfoo

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread David Haye vs Audley Harrison I'm picking Audley in this fight. I think Audley has much more of a chance than people realize. He has a style that I think will be effective against Haye. He is a counter puncher and very cautious and always is looking to land his left hand. All it takes is even a grazing shot to KO Haye, who has been down and badly hurt when hit by a middleweight. Haye is overconfident too I think. Haye has the speed advantage but Audley can negate that with timing. I really think he will catch Haye at some point. Audley has no problem stinking out the joint for many rounds and Haye will be under pressure to do a job on Audley because this is being touted as such a mismatch. As the rounds go on, I can see Haye taking more chances and being walked onto a big left hand which will send everyone home early.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread

David Haye vs Audley Harrison I'm picking Audley in this fight. I think Audley has much more of a chance than people realize. He has a style that I think will be effective against Haye. He is a counter puncher and very cautious and always is looking to land his left hand. All it takes is even a grazing shot to KO Haye, who has been down and badly hurt when hit by a middleweight. Haye is overconfident too I think. Haye has the speed advantage but Audley can negate that with timing. I really think he will catch Haye at some point. Audley has no problem stinking out the joint for many rounds and Haye will be under pressure to do a job on Audley because this is being touted as such a mismatch. As the rounds go on, I can see Haye taking more chances and being walked onto a big left hand which will send everyone home early.
Good post:okThough I dont share the confidence I agree with much of what is said, I think there is chance it can happen. Imo this is what makes the fight so intriguing, I can see this ending in any way!!!

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread How can Warren take the stick for Barker's withdrawal ? He does'nt even manage/promote him. Fwankie has himself been fcuked over big style on this. Now Rhodes' pullout is a different kettle of fish. Expect Rhodes to have a straight world title shot sometime in the near future. Not a bad replacement.. Matty Hall's birthdays have all come at once. Will be a cracker this one. Neither can fight off the back foot.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread V.Klitchko v S.Peter S.Peter to win @7.50 S.Peter to win by KO @8.0 Both fighetrs know each other very well now and i expect long fight maybe even all 12 rounds ...the fight willl be in Germany,vladimir will be more careful this time-i think more distance work but he still has fragile jaw and this is what peter will be looking for.peter knocked down Klitchko 3 times last time but still lost by points.klitchko era should go to an end soon and this fight could be a leathal one for Vladimir.peter is very tough figher and if he will fight wise,going down klichko's hands and going from body punches to his jaw he can get this win.

V.Klitchko v S.Peter S.Peter to win @7.50 S.Peter to win by KO @8.0 Both fighetrs know each other very well now and i expect long fight maybe even all 12 rounds ...the fight willl be in Germany,vladimir will be more careful this time-i think more distance work but he still has fragile jaw and this is what peter will be looking for.peter knocked down Klitchko 3 times last time but still lost by points.klitchko era should go to an end soon and this fight could be a leathal one for Vladimir.peter is very tough figher and if he will fight wise,going down klichko's hands and going from body punches to his jaw he can get this win.
Can't really agree with you here mate. When they fought the last time vladimir's confidence was shot to pieces. Since then he has gone on to dominate the division and is head and shoulders above everything else. I expect vlad to keep peters on the end of the jab for as long as this fight lasts. Peter showed against vitali that he has no appetite for the game. I mean the shape he came in that night was appauling. Vlad ITD for me here.

How can Warren take the stick for Barker's withdrawal ? He does'nt even manage/promote him. Fwankie has himself been fcuked over big style on this. Now Rhodes' pullout is a different kettle of fish. Expect Rhodes to have a straight world title shot sometime in the near future. Not a bad replacement.. Matty Hall's birthdays have all come at once. Will be a cracker this one. Neither can fight off the back foot.
Fair comment about Frank and cant disagree about Rhodes. Could be a bit much for Hall who is looking a little worn to me.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Hughes v Marsh Quite like Marsh in this one. I think Marsh can count himself unlucky against Booth and not for the cut it could well be him fighting Molitor for the title instead of Booth. The guy is a nice boxer though he may lack a little dig though he did put Booth down. Only other loss was up in weight against a peak Derry Matthews. Also holds a good win over Josh Wale. 'The Badger' Hughes is touted a bit but this is a big step up. There is quite a bit of footage of Hughes if you are willing to look but from what Ive seen seems to fall a bit short of Hughes with sometimes wild punches and again seems to lack pop though he was seconds away of stopping Ancliffe. Marsh is proven at this level though and will take him for the victory here at reasonable odds. Recommended bets 70 pts Marsh bt Hughes 4/7 Sporting Bet 3 pts Marsh stop Hughes 12/1 Sporting Bet

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Going for a 1/2 fourfold tonight. 1.5 with Bwin, 1.49 with boylesports. All obvious selections. 1. Brian Magee to beat Roman Aramyan Should be straightforward for Magee. He should outclass this guy and if it goes to points I expect a comfortable decision. 2. Wladimir Klitschko to beat Sam Peter I think Peter will most likely get stopped but I am having horrendous luck with prop bets lately so just taking Vald to win. 3. Yuriorkis Gamboa to beat Salido Gamboa is one of my favourite fighters. He is a level above Salido and should take this comfortably. 4. Erik Morales to beat Willie Limmond Morales should win every round here. 1/2 is a great price for all of these to come in.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread In a real quandry here. I reckon Limond could beat Morales tonight. Morales was terrible in his last fight at 147. They have both weighed in at 143 for tonight. Still a stone plus over Morales peak 126-130. Thing is unless Limond can stop him I there is no way he gets the decision unless he wins every round convincingly. 20/1 at a neutral venue would be massive but I fearrLimond would have to be exceptional for that to pay off. May take a look at the overs as I feel Limond will be able to take this the distance. Another option would maybe take Limonds price and lay in fight but not sure if I will be able to catch it live.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread heres a good bet for tonight. Wlad Klitschko wins by retired opponent 11/1 on skybet. I think this is the most likely scenario. peter fought wlad brother and was taking a pasting for 8 rounds and then quit on his stool. I think he will do the same tonight. 11/1 is amazing value.

Can't really agree with you here mate. When they fought the last time vladimir's confidence was shot to pieces. Since then he has gone on to dominate the division and is head and shoulders above everything else. I expect vlad to keep peters on the end of the jab for as long as this fight lasts. Peter showed against vitali that he has no appetite for the game. I mean the shape he came in that night was appauling. Vlad ITD for me here.
Dont think the Peter bet is too bad at the odds. The guy looks in shape and if Vlad goes for it as said who knows. Peter a stone+ lighter. Snaffled up some 10's at low stakes on betfair a couple of days ago. Even so will have a punt at 13/2. Recommended bet Peter bt Klitschko 2 pts 13/2 Bet365

heres a good bet for tonight. Wlad Klitschko wins by retired opponent 11/1 on skybet. I think this is the most likely scenario. peter fought wlad brother and was taking a pasting for 8 rounds and then quit on his stool. I think he will do the same tonight. 11/1 is amazing value.
Pulio you should really have won that bet. Absolutely f**king disgraceful corner work. The guy should have been pulled out of the fight. I just hate these brave cornermen who allow their fighters to take too much punishment.

Pulio you should really have won that bet. Absolutely f**king disgraceful corner work. The guy should have been pulled out of the fight. I just hate these brave cornermen who allow their fighters to take too much punishment.
Sadi the same, his chance had gone by the 4th round. Peter couldnt win after that. Could have been seriously hurt tonight.

In a real quandry here. I reckon Limond could beat Morales tonight. Morales was terrible in his last fight at 147. They have both weighed in at 143 for tonight. Still a stone plus over Morales peak 126-130. Thing is unless Limond can stop him I there is no way he gets the decision unless he wins every round convincingly. 20/1 at a neutral venue would be massive but I fearrLimond would have to be exceptional for that to pay off. May take a look at the overs as I feel Limond will be able to take this the distance. Another option would maybe take Limonds price and lay in fight but not sure if I will be able to catch it live.
Cant get away from how poor Morales looked on his comeback. Limond kept Khan off for half the fight against a fighter at his peak weight etc. fancy he can take Moralesslower punches up north here. The home town decision here is the big one. Limond is a picked opponent (under rated in my opinion). Not without a chance I give Limond a chance to put in a noceable performance. Weird spreadish bet coming up.... Recommended bets Morales/Limond draw 40/1 Sporting Bet 1pt That way if beaten the train hasnt totally crashed. Limond bt Morales Dec/TD 20/1 SportingBet 2pts over 10.5 rounds 6/5 Bet365 25pts Morales Dec/TD 7/4 SportingBet 20pts

I think Peter should definitely have been pulled out by the corner on his stool instead of being sent to the slaughter. His chance had gone. What surprised me is that he didn't quit himself, although he did look very downtrodden.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Froch has pulled out of the Abraham fight, with a back injury. :( Plenty still going on behind the scenes imo, though the organisers are still hopeful for Nov/Dec. Always dodgy pre-booking hotels/flights innit? Willie Casey gets a European title shot against Kiko Martinez. Wow.

Froch has pulled out of the Abraham fight, with a back injury. :( Plenty still going on behind the scenes imo, though the organisers are still hopeful for Nov/Dec. Always dodgy pre-booking hotels/flights innit? Willie Casey gets a European title shot against Kiko Martinez. Wow.
Absolutely gutted. I am heartbroken over the postponment. Was so looking forward to that fight more than any other fight coming up and we are only 3 weeks away. I watched Abraham vs Miranda I&II, Taylor and Dirrell and Froch vs Kessler last night. Was going to enjoy Froch vs Pascal and Taylor tonight. I made a decision last night that Abraham was going to win and I was going to put a sizeable sum on the KO at 9/4. Absolutely GUTTED that this fight isn't taking place now. There is still a lot on the horizon though.

Absolutely gutted. I am heartbroken over the postponment. Was so looking forward to that fight more than any other fight coming up and we are only 3 weeks away. I watched Abraham vs Miranda I&II, Taylor and Dirrell and Froch vs Kessler last night. Was going to enjoy Froch vs Pascal and Taylor tonight. I made a decision last night that Abraham was going to win and I was going to put a sizeable sum on the KO at 9/4. Absolutely GUTTED that this fight isn't taking place now. There is still a lot on the horizon though.
Yep it's a sickener. Will be better than 9/4 when the time comes. Abraham v Miranda I was pretty awesome was'nt it? He could have lost the fight away from home, but can't fault his heart/grit at all. But like with a few 'great' fighters, they're not shy of whinging to the ref when things are'nt going to plan. Hopkins was at it, when Calzaghe roughed him up, andDirrel had Abraham complaining ( hey King Arthur, thats what happens when you're out of the home comfort zone) and you can bet a £ to a pinch of shit, that Froch will have him doing the same......Will be worth the wait this one! Previous posts suggest AA is the shout here, but no one's pulled the trigger, cos of love for Carl.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Surprised to see Levan Kirkosyan ITD @ evens over Foster jnr next month. Hoovered up on him over Lawton at the start of the year, albeit at tastier odds. Reckon this price will shorten, just as the Lawton price did. In brief, the guy is a monster at this level. Witnessed him at close'ish quarters going life and death with a prime Mike Gomez. This is a few years later, but the last thing to go is the power. A possible drawback is he's approaching 40 now, but as capable as Foster is at domestic level, this is his best opponent to date. Have heard Foster has been training like a demon, having a rekindled enthusiasm for the sport after being promotionally unhappy for the last few years, and if he negates the early storm, his chances would improve against the tiring veteran, but it's a big ask.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Lukas Kosnecny v Matthew Hall. Promises to be a blinder this one. Both have the classic viewer-friendly come forward style, and tactics (if any) will be out of the window, when the action hots up. Foo, i know you have your doubts about what Hall has left, i'd advise to take the Konecny 5/6 whilst it's still there. I'm trying a small risk/big reward selection for starters. Fight to end in 1-12 @ 4/5 skybet. 10 pts.. Huge odds. Over 9.5 rd @ 5/6 stanjames. 10 pts.. Superb odds, as is the unders for the same money. Basically wagering 2 pts to win 16, if the fight ends in 9.5 -12.

Yep it's a sickener. Will be better than 9/4 when the time comes. Abraham v Miranda I was pretty awesome was'nt it? He could have lost the fight away from home, but can't fault his heart/grit at all. But like with a few 'great' fighters, they're not shy of whinging to the ref when things are'nt going to plan. Hopkins was at it, when Calzaghe roughed him up, andDirrel had Abraham complaining ( hey King Arthur, thats what happens when you're out of the home comfort zone) and you can bet a £ to a pinch of shit, that Froch will have him doing the same......Will be worth the wait this one! Previous posts suggest AA is the shout here, but no one's pulled the trigger, cos of love for Carl.
Yeah AA vs Miranda I was an awesome fight. AA is my favourite fighter, but even with the ridiculous 5 point deductions I had Miranda winning that fight by one point. AA got on his bicycle and didn't want to engage with his broken jaw. I can forgive him that fight, considering the injury and considering the fact that he obliterated Miranda in the rematch a few months later. I'd pick Froch if Abraham didn't have the concussive power he has. If he was a lighter hitter, I'd take Froch to outwork him over the distance. But I decided that it's too much to expect Froch to be able to take flush punches from Abraham.. Nobody can. He just hits way too hard for a guy who has the defensive capabilities of Froch. Plus, he puts them together and genuinely does try to close the show. I don't like the way he complains to the ref though. He was disgraceful in the Miranda fight.. I saw a little bit of bitch in Abraham for the first time. I can guarantee that Froch will be landing borderline body shots on purpose from the get-go. We all love Froch, but for the first time, I will have to bet against him if the fight comes off. I'm not entirely sure it will though because I can't see Ward and Dirrell fighting, which would mean the tournament ends prematurely.

Lukas Kosnecny v Matthew Hall. Promises to be a blinder this one. Both have the classic viewer-friendly come forward style, and tactics (if any) will be out of the window, when the action hots up. Foo, i know you have your doubts about what Hall has left, i'd advise to take the Konecny 5/6 whilst it's still there. I'm trying a small risk/big reward selection for starters. Fight to end in 1-12 @ 4/5 skybet. 10 pts.. Huge odds. Over 9.5 rd @ 5/6 stanjames. 10 pts.. Superb odds, as is the unders for the same money. Basically wagering 2 pts to win 16, if the fight ends in 9.5 -12.
Interested in Foos thoughts on that fight. I see Hall has never been past 8 rounds and was blowing out of his arse in the 7th and 8th against Small. I see he has been blown away in one round by british level fighter Martin Conception. Does Hall really hit that hard? He is living off the devastating KO win over Pryce who had been KO'd three times before that. Konecny is battle hardened, has never been down in his life, has accounted himself well at world level, losing close decisions, and likes to come forward and have his go. He has a decent defence too. Imagine 8 rounds of toe to toe action and they come out for the 9th round with Konecny still coming with a high held guard, getting into the trenches and coming forward wanting a fight. As soon as Hall is pushed backwards, the fight is over.. much like Martin Power. Hmm.. suspect chin, suspect stamina and a step up in class against a fighter who has never been down and who will make him work every second of every round and has done the 12 round distance many times, including with world rated fighters... At 2/1, I'll take Konecny to KO Hall. Hall is the type of fighter who puts everything into his punches.. that tends to tire you out over the long haul.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Anyone got any views on Mosley vs Mora? It's a frustrating fight for me because I think Mosley is there for the taking by a boxer but Mora is a little bit too much of a slugger in there at times. Plus he's been hurt and dropped a few times in his career. He has a penchant for going toe to toe in fights when he has the skills to win on the outside. I just can't trust him to stay on the outside in this fight so can't really bet on him. A fight I would have loved to have been made would be Mosley vs Yuri Foreman. Foreman would be an underdog but I'd back him heavily to win on points by outboxing Mosley. In the Mosley vs Mora fight, I think Mosley by KO is probably the most likely outcome.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Also, any thoughts on Pac vs Margarito? I've been giving this one considerable thought lately. Logic says Pac will be too fast for Margarito but Margarito has a great chin and if his strategy is to walk through Pacs punches to land his own (take a look at the Cintron fights), then it might get interesting. I believe Cintron hits harder than Pacman and Margarito walked through him and broke him down (plaster of paris or no plaster of paris, he was going to win), and it did take Mosley about 100 flush power right hands to finally put Margarito down. Mosley hits harder than Pacman. We can deduce that Margarito is going to be around for a while so it will be interesting to see if Pacman can outman him like he did with Cotto. Pacmans face was pretty marked up at the end of the Clottey fight.. every fight since the second JMM fight has been pretty easy for Pacman and this might be a bit different if Margarito comes to fight. If Pacman blows Margarito out, I'll have to start reconsidering the Pac vs Mayweather fight. At this point I think Floyd will outbox Pacman and win going away (after a rough opening) but if Margarito gets destroyed, then Pacman hits harder and is more powerful than I thought.

Also, any thoughts on Pac vs Margarito? I've been giving this one considerable thought lately. Logic says Pac will be too fast for Margarito but Margarito has a great chin and if his strategy is to walk through Pacs punches to land his own (take a look at the Cintron fights), then it might get interesting. I believe Cintron hits harder than Pacman and Margarito walked through him and broke him down (plaster of paris or no plaster of paris, he was going to win), and it did take Mosley about 100 flush power right hands to finally put Margarito down. Mosley hits harder than Pacman. We can deduce that Margarito is going to be around for a while so it will be interesting to see if Pacman can outman him like he did with Cotto. Pacmans face was pretty marked up at the end of the Clottey fight.. every fight since the second JMM fight has been pretty easy for Pacman and this might be a bit different if Margarito comes to fight. If Pacman blows Margarito out, I'll have to start reconsidering the Pac vs Mayweather fight. At this point I think Floyd will outbox Pacman and win going away (after a rough opening) but if Margarito gets destroyed, then Pacman hits harder and is more powerful than I thought.
I'm still :pukeat Arum giving Margarito this shot to be honest. Totally unjustified, and hopeful Pac puts a beating on him. Probably will as well, to keep the PBF showdown further on ice. Margo will need the stoppage imo. Looked poor in his only other 154 lb outing, but all the physical advantages lie with him. How bad for boxing will a Margarito victory be ?? Ditto a audley win over Haye.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread One of my favourite 'new kids on the block' out again this w/end. Saul Alverez is the 19 yr old ! Mexican sensation, who could well turn out to be the new Gatti. His all out style is made for TV, and with GBP behind him, there's plenty of money and great matchups out there for him. Tee's off against his biggest name to date, in tough guy Carlos Baldomir. Baldomir one of the good sucess stories of boxing, when his career is looked at in detail. Could have sunk without trace, when suffering several early career defeats, but established himself in the loaded 140/147 division's, through hard work, dedication and his best asset...a superb chin. Was outclassed by both elitist's Mayweather and the late great Vernon Forrest, but he was still there at the death. A hard man to put away, and with having little pop himself, with just 2 ko's in 6 years, his bigger fights usually went the 12. His 2 ko wins were over a shot Gatti, and in his last outing against a 40 yr old columbian who's fights never went beyond 5, win or lose (mainly lose). Alverez should be able to showcase his hunger in this fight, and register a coveted scalp, as he puts in his usual 100 mph shift. Would'nt expect an early blowout, given Baldomir's pride and chin, but fancy a sympathetic ref to pull the battered 40 year old out in the 2nd stanza. Alverez 7-12 @ 11/4 sportingbet..4 pts. Kiko Martinez @ 4/5 over Casey ! Via tko etc @ 2/1. Casey a tough 'un, and will have rabid support, but another prizefighter winner (and backed by the powerful Peters organisation) to get a title shot on the back of it. Kiko no floyd, but this is a big stepup. Superb odds on the spaniard imo.