2010 Boxing Thread

superfoo

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread

Epic w/end punting wise. Not for the first time this season, De Gale the major money train, and i don't even like the bloke Cheers to those who bothered to reply to that one. :ok Chuffed the Katsidas bet got on the board, but gutted there was 2/1 available later, which was plain ridiculous. Never after-time so missed out on the Lee stoppage and Salido mentions, both at odds against. Well done to the Vicious Vic backers. To help foo out.. de gale 1-6 1.80 ( page 20, post #400) de gale U 8.5 1.50 floyd/degale under 1.80 floyd pts/degale under/hide itd 4.44:( khan knockdown 9/1 :( wlod/chisora 1.77 katsidas 13/8
Cheers for that GH and good punting - jumped on the Khan KD but after 2 rounds was obvious it wasnt going to happen:( Got last exam tomorrow and should wrap up the rest of the course by the end of the week. Once thats done i see myself on a bit of an ale session so should do the updated table next week, though not particularly looking forward to it with how long it has been left but my arms have been tied.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Rafael Marquez to win @ 23/20 SportingBet 15 points Bargain. Vasquez is shot, Marquez has more skill and all he needs to do is utilize his jab and that left eye of Vasquez will be like a beach ball.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Well nabbed price on Marquez. Think he opened 13/10, well into odds on now. Vasquez' power still frightens despite his apparent deteriation. Looking at the unders on this one. Two badly damaged combatants going at it. Have to take Perez @ 5/4 bwin. 5 pts. Surprised to get some odds against about him. Has proved his worth at this higher level, whilst Mares is still a bit of an unknown going into such a big fight. He could very well do a devon alexander, produce, and announce himself ready for the elite fights, but at the odds and with Perez' huge commitment to the game and proven over two tough 12 rounders, happy to back him.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Under 9.5 rds vasquez/marquez @ 8/11 skybet 5 pts. These two don't usually play the waiting game when they square off. Mayweather is is'nt. Their triple fight wars, inside that incredible 12 month period, has left both pugilists, wrecks of their former selves. When this gets messy, i would hope for sensible reffing or corner work, to help the one on the receiving end, to be helped from himself. Vaquez' eye looks well dodgy, which makes him a dangerous animal in the opening stanza. Knows he can hurt marquez, but if marquez avoids the war that Vasquez wants (easier said than done) he could tee off on that right eye at will, to bring the mercy stoppage.Their legacy is set in stone, both crowd-pleasers getting $750,000 apiece for this 4-timer, nothing to prove to the paying public, lets wish em both well.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Latest Prizefighter on Saturday, with the usual mix of experienced and novice fighters. The opening bouts usually a game of roulette, until the combatants can be weighed up. Most of these fighters have had pretty bad cuts in their careers, something to bare in mind, given Hides premature demise in the last tourney. Arthur, Turley, Wale, Owen and Moran have all lost fights because of cuts at some point. Would be interested in andyharons take on fellow scouser Mark Moran. A juicy opening price for the talented and experienced southpaw, but his opener with Irish hard man could be choppy. Negate that, and the semi opponents look less dangerous. Casey a bit of a wild card, replacing legend wayne mcCullough a fortnight ago. One of 22 siblings! he's been rolling over average opposition in his short pro career, with 4 stoppages from 5 wins. The most impressive was his last win, when he went over to Canada and shellacked a hot local prospect, flooring him 4 times before an 8th round stoppage. In line with his traveller identity, he enjoys a tear-up, giving the night a crackin' opening bout.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Moran been inactive since that cut stoppage to the excellent jason booth over a year ago. Casey a fellow leftie, as was Cave, so any adavantages there are evened out imo. Recipe for head collisions in fact. Arthur i would rate as a 'virtual' lock. Was impressed with him against Lindsay last time out. Big heart and excellent durability bollo*ed my Lindsay ITD shout that night. Turley should'nt pose too many problems. Has a winning ledger, but no powe,r and the opposition records were racked with losses galore. Could be a bit of a firefight this and Arhur ITD @ 10/1 skybet worth 1 pt. back with more, but have to shoot out.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread OHara v Sykes Two decent operators at domestic level. Sykes has full heart and a decent work rate but lacks a little pop. OHara never quite been able to up a level but has never been stopped and fought a little higher quality of opponents but ending up on losing end of decisions. The fight looks destined to go the distance but at overs priced up at 1/4 there is no value. On paper I say Sykes by decision after a tough fight but again short at 4/9. OHara has apparently taken 4 weeks off work to train for this last chance saloon after his spirited loss to Burns last lear. In what I think will be a close fight I will take OHara to put a couple more rounds in the bag enough to sway the fight his way on the cards. Recommended bet 5Pts OHara by Dec/TD 5/1 @Paddy Power

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread V.Klitchko v Sosnowski An intresting fight here.Odds on Vitaliy's win are joke.So i'm going with over 8.5 rounds here @2.62 Reasoning: Vitaliy has big advantage in hight and weight.Also he is more clever and patient then his young brother.He does not rush in fight anymore.First 2-3 rounds he uses his left and very rarely right jab,always keeps opponent on distance.He knows how important this fight is and also he knows that Sosnowsky has a heavy punch too.So he will wait for his moment even if it takes 10 rounds. Sosnowsky will also be caution.He knows he fights against champ and any mistake can lead to KO.He will try to catch Klitchko on counter. Don't think Klithcko will knock Sosnowsky out.More then likely it can be bad cut or bleeding to polish boxer. Also Klithcko to win by decision or technical decision at @6.50 looks great.

V.Klitchko v Sosnowski An intresting fight here.Odds on Vitaliy's win are joke.So i'm going with over 8.5 rounds here @2.62 Reasoning: Vitaliy has big advantage in hight and weight.Also he is more clever and patient then his young brother.He does not rush in fight anymore.First 2-3 rounds he uses his left and very rarely right jab,always keeps opponent on distance.He knows how important this fight is and also he knows that Sosnowsky has a heavy punch too.So he will wait for his moment even if it takes 10 rounds. Sosnowsky will also be caution.He knows he fights against champ and any mistake can lead to KO.He will try to catch Klitchko on counter. Don't think Klithcko will knock Sosnowsky out.More then likely it can be bad cut or bleeding to polish boxer. Also Klithcko to win by decision or technical decision at @6.50 looks great.
Brave bet mate. Vitali should sledge hammer the Pole out of there tonight. The only thing to weigh up is, what round will it be. The difference in class is enormous, and Sosnowski will have to dig deep to last it out. The Malignaggi of the heavyweight world, Zuri Lawrence ( O kos in 30 odd? wins ) had Sos on queer st a few years back. The bout was an 8 rounder otherwise the Pole would have had an embarassing ko from a putty gloved boxer on his ledger. Was stopped in an earlier fight also. Not having a dig at Sosnowski, because he's an honest pro, who looks in superb nick, for this once-in-a-million shot. Will have heavy support too, by all accounts. But, this is'nt a faded danny williams he's sharing a ring with, and neither is it a body-building contest. Iron-fist needs no flagging up, his record speaks for itself. Was took the distance last time out against the ultra-cagey Kingpin Johnson, but defence was johnsons speciality, and he offered zich going forward. Sos will be bang in front of klit, without the wherewithall or lateral movement to keep the Dr at bay, over the course. Just hoping the champ does'nt connect early. Klitschko rd 4-6 5/2 sky and rds 7-9 7/2 bfred. Dutched for a tad below 2.00. 5 pts

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. vs. Zsolt Bedak Vazquez Jr. is hyped up to be the next superstar in Puerto Rico (the reason Integrated PPV have picked it up), and he displayed his knockout power against Marvin Sonsona to win the WBO super bantamweight title. But, Sonsona has NO dedication, and couldn't care less if he won or loss in that ring. Bedak has a seasoned amateur background behind him and is still unbeaten, and I think he'll last the distance against Vazquez, providing there's no hometown stoppage. Vazquez Jr. by decision @ 6/4 Bet365 5 points

V.Klitchko v Sosnowski An intresting fight here.Odds on Vitaliy's win are joke.So i'm going with over 8.5 rounds here @2.62 Reasoning: Vitaliy has big advantage in hight and weight.Also he is more clever and patient then his young brother.He does not rush in fight anymore.First 2-3 rounds he uses his left and very rarely right jab,always keeps opponent on distance.He knows how important this fight is and also he knows that Sosnowsky has a heavy punch too.So he will wait for his moment even if it takes 10 rounds. Sosnowsky will also be caution.He knows he fights against champ and any mistake can lead to KO.He will try to catch Klitchko on counter. Don't think Klithcko will knock Sosnowsky out.More then likely it can be bad cut or bleeding to polish boxer. Also Klithcko to win by decision or technical decision at @6.50 looks great.
over 8.5 rounds - bet won :ok

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Klitscho eventually opened up in the 9th, stunning Sosnowski, before finishing him in the 10th. Has adopted his bro's safety first tactics, ambling through the opening stanza. Yuri Foreman v Miguel Cotto. Intriguing contest this one, with cotto moving up to light-middle to face the light-hitting rabbi. Arum has both under his spell so there's the ultimate winner. Liking the marketable Foreman, at the odds offered. Cotto definitely on the downward spiral, after numerous wars, and yuri is a huge 154 lb';er. Certain to go into the later rounds, and the 100/30 about a foreman dec is worth 3 pts. It is a step-up fight for him however, and cotto, spurred on by huge support, can still be a danger. Been training with manny steward, but even top trainers need ample time to style their fighters. Foreman's lack of a one arrow finish, will inspire cotto, but by the later rounds would think cotto will need a stoppage, after being picked off at will by the stylishly countering new yorker Any aussie advice on Geale tomorrow? A shoo-in for the W, but has the artillery to stop the reality star? Huge gulf in class.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Anyone any thoughts on Sylvester - Karmazin at the weekend ??? Karmazin, a class act in his day, looks shot to me, and was in troubled waters in his last bout before pulling it out the bag, albeit against limited opposition. I beleive the workmanlike,defensively sound Sylvester can run out a clear winner against the faded Karmazin. Anyone any different ???

Anyone any thoughts on Sylvester - Karmazin at the weekend ??? Karmazin' date=' a class act in his day, looks shot to me, and was in troubled waters in his last bout before pulling it out the bag, albeit against limited opposition. I beleive the workmanlike,defensively sound Sylvester can run out a clear winner against the faded Karmazin. Anyone any different ???[/quote'] Totally agree, Karmazin seems pretty shot to me too. I remember Karmazin beating Ouma (who I thought at the time was a top notch fighter:$) thinking he was rock but since then seems to completely regressed and his chin looks more than suspect but having said that the guy is 37. I think this could be a work down job from Sylvester gaining a stoppage after an accumalation of punches maybe somewhere after the 8th - maybe earlier if he lands flush. Not looked at the full market yet but I guess Sylvester will be backed prior to the fight.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Napa v Hall This to me is quite tricky to unfold. Napa has the experience that should carry him through this but Hall is a bit of an unknown quantity. Napa is also associated with close scoring fights due to his techniacal style. His last 4 fights read MD UD MD SD. Hall has never been past the 8th with his most impressive win coming with a ko in that round against the once capable Power. Napas reactions may be slowing a touch but Hall will have to fight and keep busy if he is to beat the cute Napa. Iever so slightly fancy Napas experience will tell in this one and will go for the MD at a slightly disappointing 18/1 (but I guess the books know what they are doing). This really cant be taken seriously as its totally against logic but despite Napa never legitimately stopping anyone but I also think 20s in a Napa stoppage 10-12 has a slight possibilty. Recommended bets 0.5pts Napa win 10-12 20/1 general 2Pts Napa win by MD 18/1 SKYBET 20pts Napa bt Hall 4/6 Sporting Bet

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Already on yuri ^^ Split most down the middle this one, with maybe cotto edging it. A ton of inponderables. All boils down to what cotto has left in the tank, and can foreman make this step up. At the odds i got, prepared to back foreman, but could be a choppy night, with all 5 fight finales a possibility.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread The Sylvester v Karmazin fight should be a cracker between two honest, committed, B+ fighters. Sylvester no great shakes in the grander scheme of things, whilst Karmazin looks a shadow of his former self. Could'nt 100% trust sylvester @ 4/9 (this'll disappear) with those whiskers, but he has the workrate and spunk to duke this out in his favour. Karmazin for all the mileage, is a true warrior who'll leave it all in the ring. Has looked vulnerable in recent bouts, suffering multi knockdowns, and it looked like his legs belonged to a different body in that 9th round in his last fight, before producing a momentous equaliser of his own himself, in the next round. Fancy this to finish ITD, in a brutal contest. A few interesting asides which don't heap confidence on the Russian.. Has had trouble securing top class sparring, with his team unable to afford it. His coach won't be in his corner, having no permit, whilst roach will be with cotto. his promoter won the purse bid, but agreed to switching it to sylvesters backyard. Has mentioned the dreaded retirement word, for after this fight, if it does'nt pan out. Sylvester ITD entices, and sick the early show of 4/1 was'nt snaffled, but prepared to back Not to go distance @ 5/6 laddies 10 pts..

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Was tempted by aydin inside, and cunningham pts. Surprised to see jenning odds against also, but thats in another few weeks, as is Tua/Barret. Have to take Tua ITD @ 4/11 though. If better odds come out' i'll have some more. Tua over Barret ITD 4/11 10 pt sporting bet. Sylvester/Chavez Jnr double @ 2.05 sportingbet 5 pts. Unless duddy can stop chavez, this is scripted imo. Both average, earning good money through heritage and birthright, in a equal measure fight. Arum has fight plans laid out for chavez. Anyone seen the shobox super6 latest video? Great stuff. A nervous Froch awaiting the verdict for the Kessler fight, in the ring with his girl friend. "they're gonna take it from me...the bastards"

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Shame to see Napa like that , finished fighter now. Cotto to stop Foreman 7/4 betfred. 20 pts. Best price of the year for me this, had the pleasure of watching Yuri V a shot Santos in vegas last year to claim this belt and its hard to find a weaker world champ on the circuit, do not see any way he can fight at this level and fully expect Miguel Angel to put him away very soon. If he proves me wrong fair play, but I dont see Cotto taking too long to finish this.

Already on yuri ^^ Split most down the middle this one, with maybe cotto edging it. A ton of inponderables. All boils down to what cotto has left in the tank, and can foreman make this step up. At the odds i got, prepared to back foreman, but could be a choppy night, with all 5 fight finales a possibility.
Ive missed the value 4/1 on a Foreman points:eyes(good spot GH) and to be honest I simply cant weigh this fight up at all. Was going to try and suss out the 'inponderables' in text but I figure I still would be no clearer...so swerve it is:(