Darts: PDC World Championships 2010

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 T JENKINS 1/6 v D YOUNG 4/1, well big daddy mujst be wondering how he still here, against the pie man he made a great start then disappeared for around 7 legs before sraping through on the tie break, not pretty but did the job Jenks had a tough path too having to beat a class act in Nicholson and young will be no where near the fight that was can,t see past the bull here and i would be surprised if young took a set. WHITLOCK 1/4 v JONES 11/4 , you all know i'm a fan of jones a sigle father earning a living to bring up three daughters at darts bcan't be easy and he deserves respect for that as kev mentioned before he is a consistent 100, 140 machine that is good enough to win 70% of your games but against the Aussie who was outstanding in round one it won't be enough Jones would usually avg 88-92 with his scoring but he'll have to find another 10 pts on that, and i don't think he has that extra spurt. whitlock should take care of wayne 4-2 here. WADE 1/9 v VAN GERWEN 5/1, oh Mike please let this be the day it all comes together for you and you put out Wade, Van Gerwen has a chance here james has been off colour all year, and we're hearing all this " i hate the game, and want to quit " pish, well James just quit then you are earning a living plying a game loads of us love and we love to have a crack on the pro circuit, you have everything paid for you by your sponsors if you can't appreciate what you have then sod off, sorry rant over, Wade is similar to King in that both can ram in spurts but both are also prone to mid game slumps, Mike must wonder what he has to do to draw a player who is'nt top 4, but this is a chance for him, my head tells me wade my heart says Van Gerwen so we know the rule....Wade to squeeze through here 4-2. HAMILTON 8/5 v BEATON 6/4 quiz questiuon, what Steve Beaton will turn up? the good or bad one , on his day his fluent style makes him brilliant 180s are so easy when he flows, he van also ram in the gig finishes anyone recall his BDO final when he hit two bulls in a checkout? against Hamilton it's going to be tough the hammer is a slow player which does'nt suit Steves game and he often comes undone against slower players, i think that will be the case here and hamilton to go through 4-2 at worst.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 some value to be had in the handicap market, THORNTON +3.5 v TAYLOR EVENS, what, can this be serious thornton to get beat 4-0, Bob who sits 9th in the OOM for 2009, is certainly capable of taking at least one set off taylor indeed if taylors performnace on sunday is anything to go by Bob could take two sets, we all know taylor is prone to lose the first set as he gives away throw, for first set, and so i'm all over this one. WEBSTER -2.5 v SHEPHERD.11/8 translates as webby winning no worse than 4-1 thats the scoreline i'd have gone for! he was excellnet in the last four sets against manley, and he was avging 100+ in at least two of those sets, Shepherd is through mainly because part was so poor rather than him being good, i expect webby to make short work of kirk PAINTER +2.5 v BARNEVELD 1/2 surely buying money here, i think kev will beat barney, more on that later! but to suggest that a barney who so far in his two games has avgd 88 and 91 will beat Painter no worse than 4-1 is wishful thinking, Kevin always ups his game aginst better players and he loves to go toe to toe with big scorers like barney . three cracking bets to give the bookies a not so happy new year. ALL THE ABO0VE ODDS WITH STANJAMES

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Ach. Third round starts this evening which is a bit of a 'mare to tidy up the draw in-running and all that (I won't be around to do that). Going with what happened in the first round and trying to work out what will happen in the next round afterwards has been on occasions very nasty particularly for those who follow statistics to the letter. ...I can't help myself though and have fallen for the 'Beaton will throw more 180s than Hamilton' bet/stat that is 4-1 in Steve's favour after the first round and which is 9/4 at Skybet and Sportingbet.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Wasn't the greatest day for me yesterday, particularly last night with the Anderson match costing me 8pts. Rumour was he was suffering with the flu and to lose 4-0 and score like he did would kind of explain the performance. Those things happen at this time of year. Wade had it when he carried my money last year too :sad. Webster played well in the end last night and his quarter has opened up bigtime so the 16/1 shot is more than a runner there. Onto this afternoon and after a 9.27pt loss yesterday, which takes me down to +16.14 overall, I'm going with 2 bets. 4pts T.Jenkins (-2.5 sets) to beat D.Young Evs Totesport Terry Jenkins played very well in the opening round to see off a gutsy and pretty impressive Paul Nicholson given all that had gone on that evening. Darin Young cost me a few quid when he beat Andy Smith but it's fair to say Smith handed that to him on a plate with missed doubles early doors and at the end of that match. However for the 2-3 sets that Smith played well, Young wasn't even close to being at the races. That's why I like Jenkins to cover this line. The one thing the Bull does is score and he scores heavily. Ok he's prone to missing a few doubles but he should be down to a double 1st most of the time. Young wasn't watertight on his doubles against Smith anyway. I don't know if the American flew back across the pond for Christmas but if he did so much the better. Either way I like the Bull to win this and win it no worse than 4-1. 4pts S.Whitlock's Highest checkout vs W.Jones - Over 115.5 4/5 Paddy Power Interesting market this and not one I'd usually get involved with but we know Whitlock is a good finisher and he covered this line in 4 of his 5 matches at the Grand Slam (the only game he didn't cover it in was the one he lost to Waites) and he covered it in his opening match here too, as early as the 1st leg. Having 116 on our side is perfect because that's not a tough finish at this level. I expect Whitlock to win the match but I think Jones will take a set or two off him so Whitlock will have 15-18 goes at a finish like this and I'm pretty confident he'll nail one big enough for us.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Anderson also let me down as i thought it would be a 4-3 game and went for over 11 180's. On to today and ive just taken Lewis 180's at over 6.5 with Paddy Power at 8/13. Short odds I know but to me thats a steal the spread firms have his quote at over 8 so thats where they think he's at. The man is on fire and has been scoring for fun on the lipstick the last two matches. Mcdine also playing well so this one could be a 4-2,4-3 affair.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 hi, my first post on the darts I've gone for a double Jenkins to get highest checkout v Young @ 1/2 Whitlock to get highest checkout v Jones @ 4/7 with stan james reasoning behind this, both jenks and whitlock are known for taking out high finishes, whitlock took four ton plus's in his last match. 10pts Good Luck :hope

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010

Sport Darts
Event James Wade v Michael van Gerwen
Selection Michael van Gerwen +2.5 sets
Strength 10/10
Date 29/12/2009
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning I like this handicap, especially when I can get odds against on it. This couls turn into a classic match, but van Gerwen will have to perform. He is capable of an excellent level for a short period of time, and I think that will be enough to keep the match close. Wade is an excellent player, but doesn't appear to be on top of his game. Mentally maybe he isn't 100% and any lapses and van Gerwen has the scoring to take advantage.
Sport Darts
Event Phil Taylor v Robert Thornton
Selection Phil Taylor -3.5 sets
Strength 10/10
Date 29/12/2009
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning I like Taylor to win this 4-0. He maybe wasn't great against Hine, but he will see this as a bigger test and I'm sure will play better. Also after seeing Barney hit a 9 darter, I think he'll want to perform really well and maybe get a 9 darter too - or at least have a few chances at it. Thornton is a good player, but I don't think his form is very good. Under the pressure Taylor will put him under, I can see him performing quite badly and taking a real hammering.
Sport Darts
Event Adrian Lewis v Kevin McDine
Selection Kevin McDine +2.5 sets
Strength 10/10
Date 29/12/2009
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.66 (Back)
Reasoning I like McDine to keep this one close. Lewis so far has been excellent, but under a bit more pressure here maybe not perform so well. McDine is the one that has really impressed me. He seems to be throwing really well and when I'm watching him I just think the dart will go in! Lewis is a bit heavier scorer but McDine can have some success in this match and I see him getting at least 2 sets.

Wasn't the greatest day for me yesterday, particularly last night with the Anderson match costing me 8pts. Rumour was he was suffering with the flu and to lose 4-0 and score like he did would kind of explain the performance. Those things happen at this time of year. Wade had it when he carried my money last year too :sad. Webster played well in the end last night and his quarter has opened up bigtime so the 16/1 shot is more than a runner there. Onto this afternoon and after a 9.27pt loss yesterday, which takes me down to +16.14 overall, I'm going with 2 bets. 4pts T.Jenkins (-2.5 sets) to beat D.Young Evs Totesport Terry Jenkins played very well in the opening round to see off a gutsy and pretty impressive Paul Nicholson given all that had gone on that evening. Darin Young cost me a few quid when he beat Andy Smith but it's fair to say Smith handed that to him on a plate with missed doubles early doors and at the end of that match. However for the 2-3 sets that Smith played well, Young wasn't even close to being at the races. That's why I like Jenkins to cover this line. The one thing the Bull does is score and he scores heavily. Ok he's prone to missing a few doubles but he should be down to a double 1st most of the time. Young wasn't watertight on his doubles against Smith anyway. I don't know if the American flew back across the pond for Christmas but if he did so much the better. Either way I like the Bull to win this and win it no worse than 4-1. 4pts S.Whitlock's Highest checkout vs W.Jones - Over 115.5 4/5 Paddy Power Interesting market this and not one I'd usually get involved with but we know Whitlock is a good finisher and he covered this line in 4 of his 5 matches at the Grand Slam (the only game he didn't cover it in was the one he lost to Waites) and he covered it in his opening match here too, as early as the 1st leg. Having 116 on our side is perfect because that's not a tough finish at this level. I expect Whitlock to win the match but I think Jones will take a set or two off him so Whitlock will have 15-18 goes at a finish like this and I'm pretty confident he'll nail one big enough for us.
well done old boy, some good picks there mate, :cheers

hi, my first post on the darts I've gone for a double Jenkins to get highest checkout v Young @ 1/2 :clap Whitlock to get highest checkout v Jones @ 4/7:clap with stan james reasoning behind this, both jenks and whitlock are known for taking out high finishes, whitlock took four ton plus's in his last match. 10pts Good Luck :hope
That was a close run thing, i wont be betting on highests checkouts again. its dodgey

well done old boy' date=' some good picks there mate, :cheers[/quote'] Cheers mate. Was worried that Whitlock wouldn't produce the goods having missed darts at 138, 164 and 121 in the 1st set alone but the 120, as it was in his last game was perfect for both of us. Good call on that double mate :ok.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 2 for me tonight. Tempted by plenty of others but I'll stay with these 2. 3pts J.Wade (-2.5 sets) to beat M.v Gerwen 4/5 Coral Tough for me to take this bet because I am a big fan of the wonderkid but this is business. van Gerwen's TV form since this tournament last year has been nothing short of woeful. In fact, his win over Peter Wright in the 1st round was his 1st TV win since he lost to Taylor at this stage in this last year. Now he's much much better than that and has showed it to an extent on the floor this season but he was lucky to get past Wright in the 1st round and if he doesn't bring out the game which beat Barney in Holland and which won the World Masters a few years ago he'll have no joy here. James Wade hasn't had his greatest year in the majors but his quality isn't in question. He averaged almost 10pts more than van Gerwen in the 1st round and in theory should come on for the run. If recent form continues I don't see the Dutch lad taking 2 sets here so I'll go with Wade to cover a 2.5 set handicap. 4pts A.Lewis vs K.McDine - Over 12.5 180's 3/4 Boylesports This could turn out to be the bet of the tournament but after last night's events I'm going to play slightly on the safe side in terms of stakes. If this match goes close, and I believe it will then Lewis can cover this total on his own with the way he's playing. McDine will chip in though, he'll have to if he's to stay with Jackpot here. These two have only met on TV once, in the Matchplay in 2008. McDine won a close match 10-8 and I have to say I think he's got more than a sniff tonight. I don't see this being won any worse than 4-2 either way and it could easily go 4-3. Lewis is an ultra heavy scorer while McDine isn't bad so I think the over 12.5 180's is very much the bet of tonight, if not the entire event.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Another double for me tonight Lewis 1st 180 @ 1/2 Taylor 1st 180 @ 4/9 with stan james Reasoning, Lewis is hitting 180's for fun, and youve always got to back taylor. He will be after a nine darter after barneys last night. bet is bit dodgey, but i will risk it 6pts Good Luck :hope

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 :welcomePigsty!! I would imagine everyone has got their own opinion, but it always depends which Adrian Lewis turns up!! Personally I would expect 4-3 or 4-2 to Lewis. He seems to have matured a lot recently and is in great form. He averaged 106 in his first game and I think about 104 in his second game. Mcdine is playing well, came back well against priestley and whitewashed Bates, but for me a Lewis in form and with the right head on is a step too far.

Another double for me tonight Lewis 1st 180 @ 1/2 Taylor 1st 180 @ 4/9 with stan james Reasoning, Lewis is hitting 180's for fun, and youve always got to back taylor. He will be after a nine darter after barneys last night. bet is bit dodgey, but i will risk it 6pts Good Luck :hope
Over already, stupid bet really, o well :puke

:welcomePigsty!! I would imagine everyone has got their own opinion' date=' but it always depends which Adrian Lewis turns up!! Personally I would expect 4-3 or 4-2 to Lewis. He seems to have matured a lot recently and is in great form. He averaged 106 in his first game and I think about 104 in his second game. Mcdine is playing well, came back well against priestley and whitewashed Bates, but for me a Lewis in form and with the right head on is a step too far.[/quote'] I agree with this. Massive test to his temperament this though. All this talk about him vs Taylor but he's got to see off a decent player in decent nick 1st. If he looks too far ahead he'll come a cropper in this one. 10/3 is a big price on McDine, the gap between these two isn't that big IMO.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 WEBSTER 2/7 V SHEPHERD 5/2. well for me webster has been one of the stars of the tournament two tough games against gritty opponents and he came through both showing character, and ability he was BDO champ the year shepherd was runner up in this event and kirk will be bridesmaid in this tie i expect Webby to dispose of Kirk who would have been beaten, in last round if part had been playing at even 60%. worth noting that Webby is 11/8 -2.5 sets on the handicap that is a tasty bet, too. JENKINS 11/10 v WHITLOCK 8/11, the Aussie is favourit here and it's hard to argue against that, i watched Jenkins last game and he cruised that without ever hitting top gear, Whitlock is going to really test him though both are heavy scorers though the wizard is the better on the out shots and anything over 100 is well within his range, i am going to go for aussie too butb this has 4-3 all over it. DUDBRIDGE 6/5 v STOMPE 4/6, Co is favourite because of his hammering over mervyn king in last round while mark squeezed out tabern, i can't see Stompe playi ng like that again, definatley not his 99+ avg, i'd expect him to be nearer 92, much the same as i would expect from flash, who i feel may have the edge after his epic against tabern games like that build confidence and character two things mark is short of just now, but that his last game may have instilled in him. i'm taking 4-2 the bristolian.

Anderson also let me down as i thought it would be a 4-3 game and went for over 11 180's. On to today and ive just taken Lewis 180's at over 6.5 with Paddy Power at 8/13. Short odds I know but to me thats a steal the spread firms have his quote at over 8 so thats where they think he's at. The man is on fire and has been scoring for fun on the lipstick the last two matches. Mcdine also playing well so this one could be a 4-2,4-3 affair.
NICE!! Never in doubt Lewis in stonking scoring form. Lewis vs Taylor is going to be an absolute cracker I can see Lewis running him close this time but i'm not sure if he can beat him. Lewis 5/1 at present that has to be value doesnt it????? Maybe wait for the handicap odds for an even better value punt. :rollin:rollin:rollin

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Some great games in store for today after looking at the prices the stand out one for me is:

Barney 4/11 vs Painter 2/1

In my opinion Barney has looked out of sorts so far this campaign, granted he got the nine darter but apart from that he has been far from happy. His body language says it all frequent shaking of the head etc he knows he isn’t performing to his usual high standards. Painter is just ahead on the averages over both games and for me that says it’s going to be much closer than the odds suggest. I think the price is value and for that reason I will be having a nibble on Painter. This could be a classic so I also like the look of the over 180's at 12.5. Painter hit 11 on his own in his last match and if it goes down to the wire 12.5 shouldn’t be an issue

Painter @ 2/1 or better

Over 12.5 180’s @ 5/6 or better

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Loving the Darts, its like christmas every morning at the moment, waking up to the line ups we have each day!. I've been impressed with Mr Whitlock from the start and have been backing him in individual matches. Think he will sneak through today but looks ever so tight, too tight to bet on the outright. However, have I read the following correct Whitlock's highest match checkout today over 115.5 8/11 (paddy power) got to be the bet eh?:hope PS. took my first proper look at lewis last night and he seems to be realy mentally strong this tournament, can he hold on to the belief when he sees taylor on the oche new years day?, going to be interesting and Im keeping my eye out to where the bookies set the handicap (will back lewis if they give him a decent start)

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Running a bit short of time for bets on this opening match. Will have further bets this afternoon but am just deciding where my money is going. Here's the 1st anyway. 3pts M.Webster (-2.5 sets) to beat K.Shepherd 6/4 Skybet I really like this handicap and can't believe the price. Ok Webby looked a bit nervous against Manley and took a couple of sets to get the engine revving but that was Manley. This is Shepherd. Shepherd who once again has made it to this stage without an 80 average behind him. Webster is easily capable of slipping into a 95 average which is more than enough to beat Shepherd and probably enough to do it to the loss of no more than 1 set. Shepherd hangs in there and usually hits doubles well but he doesn't score brilliantly and like theoldmaster, I really fancy Webster to do a job on him. This 6/4 is a very good price on this bet which if current tournament form continues, should be a nice win for the Welshman.