Darts: PDC World Championships 2010

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010

Went to Stanjames... odds cut to 9/4 on van der rassel!!.... went to oddscomparison... 9/4 was the best available.... went back to stanjames.... odds cut to 2/1!! Managed to get 9/4 with Bet365! Didn't take those bookies long to realise he was overpriced!
I still think he's overpriced at 9/4. I'd have him no bigger than 6/4 with a match behind him. Happy too that it's effectively a free bet in terms of profit on the night with Whitlock's shanghai in the 1st leg bringing my biggest bet of the night in. Would help me to secure a very nice profit on the night though if the Dutchman comes through.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4pts S.Whitlock vs C.Osborne - Highest Checkout Over 119.5 5/6 Paddy Power Quite like this bet. Both of these players are no stranger to a big kill or two. Whitlock is reknowned for it, even more so after his Grand Slam exploits where he killed 100+ finishes for fun. Osborne is pretty decent himself. This should be a close match so a big checkout will not only have longer to come but it could make a big difference when it does come. I like having the 120 on our side but it wouldn't surprise me if we were to see a 140+ kill in this game such is the strength of their finishing. There are lower lines at lower prices but the only other one I'd have been interested in at the prices was the over 118.5 at 8/11 but 119 isn't a frequent leave at this level so I'll take a slight bit more of a risk and go over 119.5 for the highest kill in what looks like being the match of the night.
HA HA.... That took all of ONE leg to come in!!! Proper Bookie Bashing!! I've tipped finish bets involving Whitlock before because he is an excellent finisher, I think its his unflapable concentration. Had to follow you on this one, just a shame they had cut the odds when I got there! 2 out of 3 so far Kev. With Van Der Rassel still to play! Keep it up:clap

HA HA.... That took all of ONE leg to come in!!! Proper Bookie Bashing!! I've tipped finish bets involving Whitlock before because he is an excellent finisher, I think its his unflapable concentration. Had to follow you on this one, just a shame they had cut the odds when I got there! 2 out of 3 so far Kev. With Van Der Rassel still to play! Keep it up:clap
He's perfect for betting is Whitlock. Massively underrated (hence the 125/1 initial quote) and he scores 180's and takes out big shots. No surprise then that he's one of my favourite players :lol.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 got my works xmas party tonight so goin to post my thoughts for tonight just now, JONES 1/2 v ROY 13/8. yet another toss of a coin,both players are good on thier day and both can have poor days, Lets start with Woody, former semi finalist here and played well that year till Manley grannyed him in the semi finals, he is a paerticlarly strong 100-140 scorer, much like John Lowe, it never did him any harm but Wayne does have movement when throwing and this can tell when the legs and sets get to squeeky bum time! Roy does'nt usually lack self confidence,and he will fancy knocking out Wayne, well it's decision time and i'll come down on the side of Woody, he has had a decent year on the tour and he is in the top16 in thr Players Championship OOM, but i could see a 3-1 scoreline either way really. VAN GERWEN 2/5 v WRIGHT 6/4. well finally van gerwen has a decent draw here he always ran in to players on form or the top players in the past will he ever fulfill his potential well it's starting to get boring hearing how good he is without backing up with results, THIS is a real chance for him, Wright has had a great year i recall when he first played at the lakeside, he looked different with still his cocky swagger, this is hi first time at Ally Pally, and this may count against him, i'm going for the Dutchman to nick this. WADE 1/16 v BROWN 7/1. i would love to see Brown get bit right up Wade, i don't like James but i can't see Brown getting much off Wade, though Wade has had a poor year, he should have more than enough to take out the Bristol pitcher, but with him due to run into Whitlock who was unbelievable last night,Wade may well go out before semis here,

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 just a quick addition to last post with round one just about finished who has been the stand out performers for the rest of you? for me obviously Taylor who played at 60% against Monk and we all know as the games get longer he thrives. John Part, had a disrupted preperation but was outstanding against Greebe, on that form he will get to last four to face Taylor, mouth watering Whitlock, for me the best performer of round one he is so consistent never seems to have slumps during games that Wade, in particluar is prone to to have a 70%+ checkout stat is stupifying, if he continues to play like that which he very likely will, then i cant see anyone stopping him from reaching final, Webster, his first time here, and with much to prove his tempramnet was first class, held his nerve and still produced under intense pressure from a wily old character in Walshie, just a thought for Caven, walsh and Osborne who all exited in round one despite playing well the will rightly look at some players in round two and think that they should be there ahead of them, they bwill be back next year and all showed they are class acts.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Ah, the return of one Magnus Caris tonight. Who remembers him from the 1994 BDO tournament narrowly losing to Bobby George in the semi-finals? Might have given John Part a game in the final but hey-ho, c'est la vie and all that. I don't think Magnus has endeared himself particularly to English darts followers over the years as I think he's boycotted darts tournaments in the UK in the past for whatever reason but he's recently come out of the wilderness (was beaten in the last 16 by Martin Adams earlier this year in the Winmau World Masters). Will be interesting what kind of reception he gets from the Alexandra Palace crowd. I'd guess they can't remember him at all. I've no idea what he looks like now but of course, 15 years is a long time....all I remember of him is a brown Afro, a strange throwing style and him having a tendency to lick his hands before he throws his darts. I wouldn't recognise who Francisco Ruiz if you gave me one million pounds right now (I'd give it a bloody guess though!).

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Annoying night yesterday. Could easily have had 4 winners but for missed doubles. Made a 0.94pt profit though which puts me back up to +13.36pts for the competition. The best news last night I guess was Whitlock's performance. All the "experts" seemed surprised by it but I wasn't. He's that good. In fact there could be more in him over a bigger distance. 2 for me tonight. 3pts W.Jones (-1.5 sets) to beat A.Roy 11/10 Ladbrokes Wayne Jones is a pretty solid player who has had a decent run in this tournament in the past and will expect to win this match against Alex Roy who on his day can beat anyone but when he's not on his game can lose to anyone. The last time we saw Wayne Jones on our TV screens he saw off a very dogged Paul Nicholson before losing to Phil Taylor. That was in the Grand Prix. Alex Roy hasn't been on the TV stage for a while. Generally Wayne Jones is the sort of player us punters should like. Scores well, doesn't miss many doubles and is consistent. Even if Roy is at his best there's still doubts whether he'd take 2 sets off Woody so it's the Wolves man for me in this. 3pts M.van Gerwen (-1.5 sets) to beat P.Wright 6/5 Ladbrokes It probably comes as no surprise that I'm taking this bet as I'm a massive fan of the young Dutchman. I fully expect him to win this no worse than 3-1. His opponent here, Peter Wright is very colourful, not least in his hair :lol and they talked him up in the Desert Classic but he failed to produce and wasn't a great deal better against Terry Jenkins in the Matchplay. van Gerwen is a massive talent capable of beating anyone in this competition and I expect him to set up a potential 2nd round clash with James Wade with a comfortable win here.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Couple of winners tonight which gives me a 6.9pt profit on the night. Up to +20.26 for the tournament. I'm delighted with that 1st round total because when the draw came out, my initial thoughts were that there wouldn't be many betting opportunities but some solid studying found a few good ones and a few which turned out to be not so good. Great thread so far with winners aplenty all round. :hope for more of the same after Xmas. Merry Xmas to all darts fans :ok

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 ROUND TWO, KING 1/4 v STOMPE 11/4, despite his high ranking Merv is capable of suffering humiliations, and Co was excellnt last year on his way to qtr finals, that including beating tabern and mardle without dropping a set, so that proves he is going to test The King, however i just cannot see Co having enough to dispense of King who had an excellent 90+ avg against Clark, so i have to say that a 4-1 or 4-2 win for Kings appeals to me. McDINE 8/13 v BATES 5/4, the only tie in round two that features two unseeded players, both these two were impressive in thier first games Kevin a whisker off 100 avg in beating Preisley, from being 2 down in sets and suffering from a painful knee, indeed we saw McDine speeding up his throw just to get off stage and i though he played better when he did!, Bates on the other hand took care of Klaasen with some excellent out shots, and the Welshman was a shock qtr finalist last year too, this could be close but i,m going to go for McDine who is a heavier scorer on his days but 4-3 or 4-2 is a likely scoreline. TAYLOR 1/200 v HINE 20/1, the bookies rarely get it wrong and you have to say they have it about right here, Taylor has to be a dead cert even if hine can take first set, as often taylors opponents do, that will still leave the power plenty of time to demolish the Muffin man, Hine will be happy to take his cheque here and would be looking to take a set at best i reckon. THORNTON 2/11 v ARTUT 7/2. bob has avoided a repeat of his second round epic with Mardle he had last year when Wayne wound up the crowd to turn against Thornton, this time Bob will be happy with this tie artut is here on merit but he is facing a far stiffer test than Mardle gave him, and Bob will bombard him with 140sthis in mind have to take Thornton to win no worse than 4-2. LEWIS 2/11 V NEWTON 7/2, adie ha sthe highest avg so far a whopping 107, which suggests he is going to steamroller Wes, Newton did what was required in beating Kommula in round one, but he must be dreading facing Lewis we know he can have bad days and have tempmarent issues but i don;t expect wes to cause the Stoke lad any problem in reaching last 16. i will post on the one other sunday game later, when i have considered it more.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 right i've had a think about the last game TABERN 8/11 v DUDBRIDGE 11/10, this will be closest game of Sundays action, both are capable of good darts, the saint got trounced 4-0 from Stompe at this stage last year while dudbridge got one round further before bates took him out, i can't split these two, Mark is the higher scorer, whereas i would say Tabern just edges the doubling, this has 4-3 written all over it, but which way, well i'm going to suggest Dudbridge, he can put in 12-15 dart bursts enough to win sets, may be telling in beating the more consistent Tabern,

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Updated draw and 'to win the quarter' odds from Ladbrokes: First quarter - Phil Taylor vs. Steve Hine Robert Thornton vs. Jyhan Artut Adrian Lewis vs. Wes Newton Kevin McDine vs. Barrie Bates To win the 1st quarter - Phil Taylor 1/8 Adrian Lewis 7/1 Robert Thornton 14/1 Kevin McDine 20/1 Barrie Bates 40/1 Wes Newton 40/1 Jyhan Artut 66/1 Steve Hine 80/1 Second quarter - Mervyn King vs. Co Stompe Alan Tabern vs. Mark Dudbridge John Part vs. Kirk Shepherd Mark Webster vs. Peter Manley To win the 2nd quarter - Mervyn King 2/1 John Part 5/2 Alan Tabern 6/1 Mark Webster 7/1 Peter Manley 9/1 Co Stompe 10/1 Mark Dudbridge 14/1 Kirk Shepherd 16/1 Third quarter - Raymond van Barneveld vs. Brendan Dolan Kevin Painter vs. Vincent van der Voort Ronnie Baxter vs. Gary Anderson Colin Lloyd vs. Denis Ovens To win the 3rd quarter - Raymond van Barneveld 6/4 Gary Anderson 2/1 Kevin Painter 15/2 Ronnie Baxter 9/1 Colin Lloyd 10/1 Vincent van der Voort 12/1 Denis Ovens 16/1 Brendan Dolan 33/1 Fourth quarter - Terry Jenkins vs. Darin Young Simon Whitlock vs. Wayne Jones James Wade vs. Michael van Gerwen Andy Hamilton vs. Steve Beaton To win the 4th quarter - James Wade 6/4 Simon Whitlock 3/1 Terry Jenkins 4/1 Andy Hamilton 8/1 Steve Beaton 12/1 Michael van Gerwen 14/1 Wayne Jones 16/1 Darin Young 33/1

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Schedule of play and match odds from Ladbrokes: Winner of the match is first to four sets. Matches are best of seven sets Sunday 27th December 13:10 Mervyn King 1/5 vs. 10/3 Co Stompe 14:25 Kevin McDine 8/15 vs. 11/8 Barrie Bates 15:45 Adrian Lewis 1/7 vs. 4/1 Wes Newton 19:10 Alan Tabern 4/6 vs. 11/10 Mark Dudbridge 20:25 Phil Taylor 1/200 vs. 20/1 Steve Hine 21:45 Robert Thornton 1/6 vs. 7/2 Jyhan Artut Monday 28th December 13:10 Colin Lloyd 4/11 vs. 2/1 Denis Ovens 14:25 John Part 2/7 vs. 5/2 Kirk Shepherd 15:45 Kevin Painter 8/13 vs. 6/5 Vincent van der Voort 19:10 Mark Webster 8/15 vs. 11/8 Peter Manley 20:25 Raymond van Barneveld 1/10 vs. 9/2 Brendan Dolan 21:45 Gary Anderson 1/3 vs. 9/4 Ronnie Baxter Tuesday 29th December 13:10 Andy Hamilton 4/9 vs. 13/8 Steve Beaton 14:25 Terry Jenkins 1/7 vs. 4/1 Darin Young 15:45 Simon Whitlock 1/6 vs. 7/2 Wayne Jones 19:10 James Wade 1/10 vs. 11/2 Michael van Gerwen

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 have to say i think there is value in Baxter to beat Anderson will go into more detailed reasoning when i do my usual tips, but both are similar scorers Baxter ios more experienced though both are known for bottling it at big moments for there is noo way Anderson is that short to beat the rocket.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 One for me would be for Bates to beat Mcdine my thinking is purely based on Mcdines attitude in his interview. He complained that he had a knee injury and he couldn't wait to get off stage and just wanted it to be over. I found myself thinking for gods sake pal this is the world championship you should be up there wanting to win if you only had one leg and your throwing arm was broken. A bad attitude in my opinion.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 2 for me this afternoon. 2 handicaps. 3pts K.McDine (-1.5 sets) to beat B.Bates 5/4 Sportingbet Kevin McDine averaged just under a ton over 5 solid sets against Dennis Priestley and showed all his fighting qualities coming back from 2-0 down to win 3-2. For me, that was the performance of the 1st round. Barrie Bates came through well against Klaasen in the opening round but he didn't even manage to average 90 and never hit a single 180. He's going to have to up that by a good 6-7pts on his average and must score better than that to live with McDine here. McDine might have his injury but Bates isn't fighting fit either but I think McDine will win this no worse than 4-2. 3pts A.Lewis (-2.5 sets) to beat W.Newton Evs Stan James Average wise, Adrian Lewis was the best player in round 1 and I'm never likely to go the whole tournament without a bet on Jackpot in some shape or form. Here's the time to do it as well. Wes Newton is a solid performer but he hasn't got that extra gear to his game that will keep him competitive in this match. He won easily in the opening round but he averaged almost 20pts worse than Lewis. I don't expect Lewis to average 106 in this match but he'll be up and above 95. I don't see that sort of game in Newton and so I think Lewis will win this and win it fairly easily and for the loss of no more than 1 set.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 ADRIAN LEWIS to win outright @20/1, after witnessing Lewis beating Newton he HAS to ba contender two games in avg 107, and 104 that is tremendous darts if that had been Taylor then we would have saying he is unbeatable, the two are due to meet in a mouthwatering qtr final tie (sorry Thornton, and mcDine) and Adie will give taylor a stiff test, he is scoring heavier than i have ever seen him, he has also shown he has the ability to move up a gear and his temprament is so much better than that infamous manley incident some years back, he is playing fabulous darts and there is no doubting that, he is 20s and when he gets past McDione as he should i'd expect him to come into 12-10s. so get on him now.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 The problem is for Lewis to win, he would have to beat McDine, an in-form Stompe (who put out a rank 5 quite easily). He would then have to beat the number 1 Phil Taylor, and then beat Barneveld in the final. I think i prefer someone in the other draw as an outright (at an e/w shot) Although he didn't play to his ability in his first game [93 average] Terry Jenkins looks a decent e/w shout at 80's and wouldn't have a huge test until the final. He would have to up his game, but i think he has the ability to beat Young, and Whitlock atleast (which would see his odds come in dramatically)

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 i agree to a point jenkins will beat Young who should never have got past Smith, but as fro whitlock, well he can take out high finishes and doubling is a weakness in the bills game, i would strongly fancy whitlock to beat jenkins. i don't believ Barney will reach final indeed i suspect his next game (should he beat Dolan) against baxter or anderson could see the dutchman exit.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 I think it's important not to overreact about Lewis and I say this as one of his biggest fans. As good as Lewis' averages are there's a lot more to darts than averages and it's no exaggeration to say that with a 95 average Newton could've led Lewis 3-2 there. He had 3 darts at double 16 to go 2-1 and then he won the next 2 sets. Even with a 95 average he still took 2 sets off Lewis and Taylor isn't going to average 95 against Lewis, he'll be 105 minimum. 25/1 is the best price about Lewis at the minute and as I have said a few times I believe it's too short when he is going to have to beat Taylor long before even an ew payout is secured. He's still not shown anything in his matches against Taylor to suggest he'll beat him. That's if he beats McDine who is seemingly going through the field unnoticed at the minute. I wish you well with the Lewis bet om as if Lewis does see Taylor off then my 2 outrights suddenly enter unbelievable value bets but he's a bit too skinny for me.