Darts: PDC World Championships 2010

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010

The problem is for Lewis to win, he would have to beat McDine, an in-form Stompe (who put out a rank 5 quite easily). He would then have to beat the number 1 Phil Taylor, and then beat Barneveld in the final. I think i prefer someone in the other draw as an outright (at an e/w shot) Although he didn't play to his ability in his first game [93 average] Terry Jenkins looks a decent e/w shout at 80's and wouldn't have a huge test until the final. He would have to up his game, but i think he has the ability to beat Young, and Whitlock atleast (which would see his odds come in dramatically)
Lewis' run through would be McDine and then Taylor and then either Stompe/Part/Webster or whoever from that quarter. I agree with theoldmaster, I think Whitlock would see off Jenkins over 7 sets. That half is wide open though and there's value on 75% of it who would all fancy their chances.
i agree to a point jenkins will beat Young who should never have got past Smith' date=' but as fro whitlock, well he can take out high finishes and doubling is a weakness in the bills game, i would strongly fancy whitlock to beat jenkins. i don't believ Barney will reach final indeed i suspect his next game (should he beat Dolan) against baxter or anderson could see the dutchman exit.[/quote'] Barney's next match is Painter/Van der Voort then Anderson/Baxter :ok

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 PART 1/4 v SHEPHERD 11/4. a repeat of the 2008 final and a big game for both players who ever loses will lose the prize money from that world champs from thire total monies on the rankings list this could result in a big drop in rankings, Part who i believe had gone back to Canada for xmas will return surley not as fresh as before he left, John continues to carry out this exhausting journey that many including me, feel affects his game. against Greebe in round one he was fantastic, high out shots, 180s for fun the old snarl was back! vintage Part and on that form Kirk is doomed, he had a decent round one draw a qualifier making his PDC debut, and shepherd did what he had to, but against part he will have to put another 10 -15 on his avg and hope john drops to around 85, John is too cocnsistent for that and he will beat kirk and if he repeats that form he had in round one kirk will not win a set but i'll err on the side of Pazrt suffering after long flight, and take him to wim no worse than 4-2. PAINTER 4/6 v VAN DER VOORT 6/5, both won convincigly in round one and both are heavy scorers on thier day, but for me Painter should stroll this van der voort is better over shorter formats, as we know he can be inconsistent and thi shows over longer games, against painter the chances are every set will go to 4 or five legs and i don't think VDV can maintain any heavy scoring over that longer spell potentially 25- 30 legs, Painter has what many other players lack, the ability to to up a gear if required he loves a good old fashioned tear up and will out battle almost anyone, he loves these longer games and is more liable to take out big outs than the dutchman, Kevin is also lightning quick out of the blocks and often rams in 105+ first set avgs (see last year against Taylor) which can see him ride off into the distance this all adds up to a strong case to back the artist and i'm going to take him to win easily 4-0 or 4-1.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Really thought I was gonna have both of those this afternoon but Lewis didn't do a lot wrong from 3-0 up other than miss that dart at D16 for a 4-0 win. Newton hit a purple patch for 2-3 sets. McDine's 4-0 win gave me a 0.75pt profit on the afternoon to push me over the +21 mark at +21.01. Have to say I thought it would be a pretty mundane day of darts today but this afternoon showed not a bit of it. Don't expect an excellent night of darts tonight but you never know. I'll go with 1. 4pts R.Thornton (-2.5 sets) to beat J.Artut 11/10 Ladbrokes In the 1st round these two had similar averages around the 82 mark but we all know the Scot can stick 20 on that if he needs to. He was poor against the Filipino qualifier but now he's into the tournament I expect him to be a lot better. It's hard to know how to weigh up the German, Artut's performance because in truth he didn't beat anything in Mardle whose average of 72 surprised me such is how poor he was. I didn't even think he averaged that :eek. You get the feeling that Artut isn't a lot better than what he showed against Mardle and that his final was that match. I don't expect him to go any further and assuming Bob turns up with the right game tonight I think he'll see off the German no worse than 4-1 and set up a showdown with the Power.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Unlucky with Jackpot today mate but great call on McD:clap Still can't see beyond the Power though so wouldn't touch anything in the top half for outright betting. Would be interesting if someone did take him out:eek. With King getting beat today, that quarter has really opened up so good luck to those on Webster. Has a real chance now:hope Nice price on Thornton, Kev. I'm on:ok

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 I took Whitlock the other day outright but at 25-1 with Bet365, doesn't quite compare to Kev's 125-1 does it? :lol Already on Lewis and Part outright too as previously mentioned. I like the look of that Thornton bet Kev, Bristow says it will be 4-0 to Thornton, I didn't know he threw darts as well as riding horses like Voy Por Ustedes. ;) I'm on over 7 match 180's in the Taylor game, I took 5/6 with Bet365. I think Taylor will be trying to send a message tonight but as I just mentioned to Kev I know Taylor often switches to the 19's. I'm quite happy for his opponent to get a few too to get me over that 7 mark. I was looking at Taylor to win 4-0 but it was 1/4 with Bet365 so left that alone. I've done well in this total 180's market in this tournament so far, shame I lost most of the winnings on the footy yesterday. :wall Good luck to all with bets on tonight, might take that Thornton bet (but probably with Bet365) if the Taylor match bet comes in.

good call with the over 180s in the taylor march mowgli77 :ok
Cheers. I double checked and it was actually 7 or over but it came in anyway. :ok I've reinvested some of those winnings for this Thornton match on the high checkout to be under 126. Highest for these 2 players in the 1st round were 81 and 67. Lets hope he doesn't take out this 141 now. :hope

Cheers. I double checked and it was actually 7 or over but it came in anyway. :ok I've reinvested some of those winnings for this Thornton match on the high checkout to be under 126. Highest for these 2 players in the 1st round were 81 and 67. Lets hope he doesn't take out this 141 now. :hope
I should have said it was 5/6 with Bet365. :okI was undecided between the checkout bet or to go with 7 or under 180's in the match. Kev tells me the scotsman can hit a few 180's when he gets going so opted for this checkout bet instead.

right i've had a think about the last game TABERN 8/11 v DUDBRIDGE 11/10, this will be closest game of Sundays action, both are capable of good darts, the saint got trounced 4-0 from Stompe at this stage last year while dudbridge got one round further before bates took him out, i can't split these two, Mark is the higher scorer, whereas i would say Tabern just edges the doubling, this has 4-3 written all over it, but which way, well i'm going to suggest Dudbridge, he can put in 12-15 dart bursts enough to win sets, may be telling in beating the more consistent Tabern,
thought Mark was going to win 4-1 but Tabern hit back hope you all had the 4-3 also had thornton 4-1,lewis 4-2 and taylor 4-0 so good night for me oh and also took th thornton hadicap bet......cheers kev:dude

I should have said it was 5/6 with Bet365. :okI was undecided between the checkout bet or to go with 7 or under 180's in the match. Kev tells me the scotsman can hit a few 180's when he gets going so opted for this checkout bet instead.
Saved me a few quid there Kev, think there were 8 180's in the match. :ok

Saved me a few quid there Kev' date=' think there were 8 180's in the match. :ok[/quote'] :ok. Cracking night all round in here. This is a really good thread. Credit to all :ok. Thornton didn't win as easy as it looked like he might but he did enough in the end. Personally I'm up to +25.41 for the competition ahead of another big day tomorrow where two of my outrights face real tests.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Cheers for the tips guys, I had the over 7 180s bet in the Taylor game and Thornton -2.5 so a really good night. :clap Didn't fancy the Thornton bet at all, I was impressed with Artut in the first round but followed it anyway! Good win. The Taylor bet is in a treble, so that's the first one sorted. Also got: Barney v Dolan - over 9 180s - 5/6 Whitlock v Jones - over 9 180s - 5/6 I think the Barney bet is a risk, Barney can be a prolific scorer although I think I'm relying on Dolan to maybe nick a set in that one. The Whitlock/Jones bet is good value I believe. Whitlock looked excellent in the first round, really good scoring throughout. I was also impressed with Jones and think this game will be 4-2 maybe even 4-3 to Whitlock, therefore plenty of time for the 180 count to rise. :hope

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Bit of a tricky day punting wise today. Most of the match prices are right and the handicap lines are pretty stingy. Was looking at taking a couple of handicaps today but I can't get the lines I wanted. So I'll have 3 bets on the side markets. 4pts J.Part vs K.Shepherd - Highest Checkout Over 120.5 8/11 Sportingbet I like this line I have to say. I'd be no less than 125 I don't think. Part we all know can finish well but Shepherd's no mug when it comes to big finishing either, he can find the trebles and if the Part who beat Greebe comes out today then Shepherd will need to take out a couple of big shots to stay with the 3 times world champ. I sensed Part is up for the job this week by his demeanor against Greebe and if he plays well you'd fancy over 7 sets that Part will put in at least 1 decent finish. The 121 finish is becoming part of the game more and more these days and we've got that on our side so I'm happy to take the over 120.5 in this match. 3pts K.Painter vs V.vd Voort - Over 11.5 180's 10/11 Boylesports Neither of these are strangers to the 60 bed and on the assumption that I think we'll get a minimum of 6 sets of arrers in this match I think we'll get 12 180's to go with it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we saw a 4-3 here. Both are fairly quick throwers so the rhythm of this game should be perfect so I expect a bit of a belter. The obvious danger to this line is if one of them does a no show and I don't think either of them are particularly strong mentally so there is the possibility of that. But assuming they both play ok and it stays close I like the overs here. 4pts G.Anderson vs R.Baxter - Over 11.5 180's Evs Stan James I'm really looking forward to this match. It could be the game of the tournament and it's got a lot to live up to after yesterday. Both these players pin the 180's like nobody's business and either of them could so easily cover this line on his own. I can't see this not going at least 6 sets and that'll be more than enough to cover this line. We could even get them in over 5 sets. Both players throw at the same pace so I'm expecting something of a classic tonight and I'm happy to take the over 11.5 line here.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 ok onto tonights fare, WEBSTER 1/2 v MANLEY13/8. this will be an interesting tussle manley shoul;d squeeze back into the top32 with a win here indeed his victory over the currnt no.32 jenkins in round one should have seen one dart leapfrog Rocky, so the pressuer may be off Manley a bit, i'm not a fan of his gamesmanship is not beyond him, as we've seen against other youg players before (Lewis, Greebe) but Webster won't be fazed by that here showed his mettel in beating walsh in round one and that was a war of attrition, whilst i reckon Manley has enough to make webster sweat a bit he is not the 180s hitter that Webster is, and i reckon we will see the Welshman go marching on 4-2, my prediction. BARNEVELD 1/14 v DOLAN 13/2. you all know i've been predicting barney won't make last four here, and i stand by that he was'nt tested in round one, so made easy work of that, but he will get a stiffer test here, Dolan performed well against Taylor in Dublin at the WGP, and to test Taylor in straght start is tough so to do it doble start shows ability, i think Barney may be made to sweat here for a bit, and i would love to back Dplan to beat him indeed i dreamt he did last night! but my head tells me Barney is too good to lose to the Irishman but a respectable score of 4-2 is my tip here. BAXTER 15/8 v ANDERSON 2/5, i'm sorry there is NO WAY ronnie is that long to beat Anderson who is more nervous than Tiger Woods when his wife is going through his text messages!, both are phenomenal scorers and 180s will be hammered in here, but both are suspect on there doubles don't forget baxter should have taken out barney last year having two darts to beat him before losing a tie break, this may play on Baxters mind,and we all know about Andersons nerves, but that does'nt take away from the fact he is a quality player, he is no.7 in the PC rankings for the year, while baxter is 11 so both have had decent campaigns well i'm going for the Rocket to squeeze through here he will have the English crowd with him, and when it gets tight and to sqeeky bum time, those shouts may be more audible to Anderson, and make him more nervous than the normally would, but i'm taking 4-3 Baxter though it could go either way. also having a double WEBSTER v MANLEY checkout over 125.5 and BAXTER v ANDERSON over 11.5 180s, both at evens , this is stick ons for me, Manley has a history of big outshots, hence the name one dart and Webster took out big outs against walsh i expect both to get chances of 140, 141 160s and the like and either can hitb them it would'nt surprise me to see both smash this line. the 180s has to be a no brainer, the odds compiler who gave these has to be the punters friend! this game will have at least 25- 30 legs and either of those two could beat that line on thier own, but these big scorers alsway seem to bring each other on so expect 180 for 180s

PART 1/4 v SHEPHERD 11/4. a repeat of the 2008 final and a big game for both players who ever loses will lose the prize money from that world champs from thire total monies on the rankings list this could result in a big drop in rankings, Part who i believe had gone back to Canada for xmas will return surley not as fresh as before he left, John continues to carry out this exhausting journey that many including me, feel affects his game. against Greebe in round one he was fantastic, high out shots, 180s for fun the old snarl was back! vintage Part and on that form Kirk is doomed, he had a decent round one draw a qualifier making his PDC debut, and shepherd did what he had to, but against part he will have to put another 10 -15 on his avg and hope john drops to around 85, John is too cocnsistent for that and he will beat kirk and if he repeats that form he had in round one kirk will not win a set but i'll err on the side of Pazrt suffering after long flight, and take him to wim no worse than 4-2. PAINTER 4/6 v VAN DER VOORT 6/5, both won convincigly in round one and both are heavy scorers on thier day, but for me Painter should stroll this van der voort is better over shorter formats, as we know he can be inconsistent and thi shows over longer games, against painter the chances are every set will go to 4 or five legs and i don't think VDV can maintain any heavy scoring over that longer spell potentially 25- 30 legs, Painter has what many other players lack, the ability to to up a gear if required he loves a good old fashioned tear up and will out battle almost anyone, he loves these longer games and is more liable to take out big outs than the dutchman, Kevin is also lightning quick out of the blocks and often rams in 105+ first set avgs (see last year against Taylor) which can see him ride off into the distance this all adds up to a strong case to back the artist and i'm going to take him to win easily 4-0 or 4-1.
well what do i know, i am totally shocked at Part, a professional like him experienced and intelligent man make the trans atlantic flight the day before a game in WC sheer lunacy, he was a poor today as he was brilliant in the first round, how must Greebe feel after that, John i like as a player he is a class act but this comuting to canada and back has cost him in the PL and now in WC did he make that trip the two previous time he won the title? anyway, only John knows why he does it but now he will pay the price with a dramatic drop down the rankings As for painter 2-0 and coasting while playing piss poor, but he's through now and still on for winning his qtr,

some good odds on manly and baxter. I must admit i rarely follow the darts' date=' but these guys are both better seeded so i don't understand why there such long shots? :\[/quote'] They are better seeded because the other 2 haven't been on the PDC tour for 2 years. The rankings is done on money earnt over 2 years. Webster and Anderson are better players than Manley and Baxter hence they are favourites tonight.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Literally just this minute taken Barneveld to get over 5.5 180's in this match with Bet365 at Evens. It just went from 10/11 to Evens before he threw a dart. He's on his way. :hope He got 3 in the 1st round and I see him doubling that tonight at least. EDIT: He's now 11-8 to get over 6.5 180's.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy BARNEY 9 DARTER :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Awesome, had to choose between Wolves V Man City or the darts, glad I decided to go with the arrows. Brilliant, would love to be there and see it done live. :ok

Could not believe that myself' date=' not sure what happened to Part they were both awful.Shepherd will get smashed in the next round will not even get a set off Webster.[/quote'] :welcome to PL Berlington Bertie. Not so sure about not getting a set off Webster but I for one will be hoping Webster does a job on him ;).

:welcome to PL Berlington Bertie. Not so sure about not getting a set off Webster but I for one will be hoping Webster does a job on him ;).
Cheers Kev cracking nine darter that by Barney, not convinced by Barney tho reckon he could be on his way back home soon.Looking forward to this next match should be a cracker im also on the over 11 180s at evens at Stan james and Baxter +2.5 at 4/7.