** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Darts: PDC World Championships 2010

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010

i see the prices are out for the 1st round games, the pick of them for me. McDine 11/8 v Priestley 4/7, has to be the geordie here, Dennis has felt the fatigue more in the past year with his recovery from his illness he has also i reckon changed his outlook on darts realising that the his healthy was priortity, Mc Dine lost to Dennis Smith last term from a 3 set lead, and hopefully he has learned about playing slower players from that, if he has then he is a good bet here, i'm goin to give him the benefit of the doubt. matt Clark to beat Mervyn King 11/2. yes merv is a top 10 player and Clark is struggling to make an impression in the PDC, but Spiderman has been qrtr finalist here before and last year should've taken out kevin Painter in the fisrt round last year and Painter was playing well too, this is big odds on an experienced player and though King was semi finalists last year it would'nt surprise me if Clark took out King here. Paul Nicholson to beat terry Jenkins 6/4. has to be THE bet of the round, Jenks has been bloodied worse than Silvio Berlusconi, at this venue having yet to win a match at the palace,we all remember Nicholsons heroics last year and he has every chance of matching or bettering that this term.
Osborne to beat whitlock at Evens, this is a real toss of a coin, but the winner has to look at goin on to at least the last 8 at least both are good darters both have good techniques and both are likeable decent blokes i can't split them and thats why i've taken both to win event EW, but evens has to be a good price here. ROY to beat jones 13/8, Woody is 1/2 for this and he is nowhere near that hot a favourite, yeah he's good a semi fnalist here before, and i like him but has a habit of moving on the shot too mauch for me his shoulder movement at times is massive and when a game goes tight as this one may well do the better technique often prevails, Roy is'nt short of self confidence and at the UK open this year he finally showed he can play a bit,he will have crowd backing to and the bookies have this wrong in my opinion,

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Just placed a little 0.5pt Yankee with Sportingbet @ 14.14 (Acca price) Mcdine @ 2.25 (Not best priced, 2.5 is available) Same reasoning as oldmaster really, Mcdine looked comfortable @ Wolverhampton in Grand Slam, he's getting more accustomed to playing on TV and Priestley is well past his best. Was at Ally Pally last year and Priestley was woeful against Magowan in the worst live game I think i've ever seen! Painter @ 1.36 (Best Odds) Has his critics but is a quality player. Whether he will ever win big remains the question but he will have far too much for the unorthodox Suljovic. Hine @ 2.1 (Best Odds) Haven't seen a lot of the Muffin man recently but fancy him to make it past the 1st round for the 1st time on his 3rd try. Scholten is slidding down the rankings since his neck and shoulder problems of a few years ago and i believe is currently 32nd in the world. Scholten lost in the first round to Rodriguez here last year. I like the odds as much as i do Hine's chances. Young @ 2.2 (Best Odds) Darin Young, the big American played really well in the Grand Slam of Darts, impressing a lot of people including myself beating Adrian Lewis 5-2 and Denis Ovens 5-3. He scores well and Finishes well to boot. The Pieman Smith, looks less comfortable on stage and has only got to the second round of a world championship (inc. BDO) once in 8 attempts! He doesn't like it on the telly whereas Young looked comfortable at the Grand Slam. Also like the look of Nicholson (@2.5) to beat Jenkins, Rodrigues (@ 2.63) to beat Beaton and Andy Jenkins(@ 2.1) to beat Peter Manley. Will bet on them straight up on the day though. Good Luck all. Christmas and Darts.... sit back, relax and sink a few :beer... and hopefully make a few bob!

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Match odds are from Ladbrokes except the preliminary matches which are from Sportingbet. Preliminary matches denoted by (P) is first to four legs (best of seven legs). First round matches is first to three sets (best of five sets). Schedule of play: http://www.pdc.tv/page/WorldChampsDetail/0,,10180~1898988,00.html Friday 18th December 7.10pm Wayne Mardle 2/9 vs. 3/1 Jyhan Artut 8:15pm (P) Per Laursen 1/3 vs. 2/1 Christian Perez 8.45pm Dennis Priestley 4/7 vs. 5/4 Kevin McDine 9.50pm Phil Taylor 1/200 vs. 20/1 Colin Monk 10.55pm Robert Thornton vs. Per Laursen/Christian Perez Saturday 19th December 12.40pm (P) Jarkko Komula 2/9 vs. 11/4 Roman Konchikov 1.10pm Roland Scholten 8/11 vs. 'evens' Steve Hine 2.15pm Co Stompe 8/15 vs. 11/8 Steve Maish 3.20pm Kirk Shepherd 4/9 vs. 13/8 Scott Burnett 4.25pm Wes Newton vs. Jarkko Komula/Roman Konchikov 7.10pm Mervyn King 1/9 vs. 5/1 Matt Clark 8.15pm (P) Aodhagan O'Neill 2/5 vs. 7/4 Les Francis 8.45pm Jelle Klaasen 1/3 vs. 9/4 Barrie Bates 9.50pm Adrian Lewis vs. Aodhagan O'Neill/Les Francis 10.55pm Peter Manley 5/6 vs. 5/6 Andy Jenkins Sunday 20th December 12.40pm (P) Ken MacNeil 2/7 vs. 23/10 Norman Madhoo 1.10pm Tony Eccles 4/6 vs. 11/10 Brendan Dolan 2.15pm Mark Dudbridge 2/7 vs. 5/2 Andree Welge 3.20pm Mark Walsh 4/7 vs. 5/4 Mark Webster 4.25pm Alan Tabern vs. Ken MacNeil/Norman Madhoo 7.10pm Kevin Painter 4/11 vs. 2/1 Mensur Suljovic 8.15pm (P) Phillip Hazel 2/5 vs. 7/4 Osmann Kijamet 8.45pm Jamie Caven 11/4 vs. 1/4 Gary Anderson 9.50pm Raymond van Barneveld 1/50 vs. 10/1 Warren Parry 10.55pm Andy Hamilton vs. Phillip Hazel/Osmann Kijamet

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Monday 21st December 7.10pm Vincent van der Voort 1/8 vs. 9/2 Dylan Duo 8.15pm (P) Haruki Muramatsu 15/8 vs. 4/11 Krzysztof Kciuk 8.45pm John Part 4/9 vs. 13/8 Toon Greebe 9.50pm Terry Jenkins 1/2 vs. 6/4 Paul Nicholson 10.55pm Ronnie Baxter vs. Haruki Muramatsu/Krzysztof Kciuk Tuesday 22nd December 7.10pm Andy Smith 5/6 vs. 5/6 Darin Young 8.15pm (P) Tomas Seyler 1/4 vs. 13/5 Shi Yongsheng 8.45pm Steve Beaton 1/2 vs. 6/4 Carlos Rodriguez 9.50pm Colin Osborne 11/10 vs. 4/6 Simon Whitlock 10.55pm Denis Ovens vs. Tomas Seyler/Shi Yongsheng Wednesday 23rd December 7.10pm Wayne Jones 2/5 vs. 7/4 Alex Roy 8.15pm (P) Magnus Caris 2/5 vs. 7/4 Francisco Ruiz 8.45pm Michael van Gerwen 4/7 vs. 5/4 Peter Wright 9.50pm James Wade 1/25 vs. 8/1 Steve Brown 10.55pm Colin Lloyd vs. Magnus Caris/Francisco Ruiz

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Today's Bettingzone Market News: 0910: Bookies have pulled no surprises ahead of the PDC World Darts Champinship with Paddy Power installing Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor the odds on favourite for a 15th world crown at 1/3. Such is Taylor’s dominance in the game that the firm are betting whether he completes a match at the Alexandra Palace venue that breaks his own record three dart average of 118.14 – offering odds of 11/8. Taylor’s three-dart tournament average is 3/1 to be between 104 and 106. The most backed players in the tournament so far are Raymond Van Barneveld and James Wade at 12/1 and 8/1 respectively with both players seeing twice as many bets on them so far as Taylor. Mervyn King is also proving popular at 33/1. With punters pretty much betting on who will face The Power in the final its 10/3 for a Taylor-Wade final, 7/2 for Taylor-Barney and 5/1 for Taylor-Anderson. A Lewis-Wade line-up at 50/1 is the shortest price for a final not involving Taylor. At 1000/1 Anastasia Dobromyslova represents one of the worst results for Paddy Power despite relatively few bets being placed on her. Even so the Russian has seen more bets to win than former world number one Colin 'Jaws' Lloyd at 80/1. ============= Can I get a ROFLcopter for those last two sentences!? 1000/1 seems pretty ungenerous as she's not in the tournament, guys! :lol :unsure :rollin

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 no i don't use an odds comparison site but sure you will keep us informed QTR BETTING, 2ND QTR, i'm not betting on first quarter if taylor is firing on three cylinders he will be in semis so im taking WEBSTER 12/1, the former ametuer(sorry BDO) champ has a real stinker to start with Walshie is a good staedy player and it will be tough but Webby has a touch more class so i fancy him to edge out mark then it would be andy jenkins, Manley,Part, dudbridge or Tabern the likely opposition for a last four spot, and we could see any of them claim that spot but i would narrow it down to Part or Webster, Rocky has his forthcoming suspension on his mind while Manley is a spent force in the PDC Tabern for me has'nt proved it on tv yet, he was hammered 4-0 by stompe in round two her last year, i reckon Webster is due a good TV event and this could be it and he is a generous price. DUDBRIDGE 14/1, former world finalist, and match play runner up, though since that year he has struggled to do anything else of note, he should handel Welge in round one, then he would have to face beat Tabern, King, Maish, or Part to get to last 4 now flash does'nt lack self confidence and when he is hot his grouping is excellent and the 60 segmnet can take a big thumping from him i just reckon her has'nt been mentioned and is capable of sneaking through to last 4. QTR 3, PAINTER at 9/1 has to be contender as i've stated before i think Barney is going to exit early on so this qtr is more open then Tiger Woods love life, Baxter Anderson Loyd and Caven are his threats in this qtr but all have yet to prove they have the bottle to go far in PDC world champs, Painter will fear none of them, he has a blistering start and the Baxter, Lloyd and Anderson are not as good when chasing games, i think this is a no brainer with barney showing little interest in darts of late i reckon this is a no brainer. QTR 4. Whitlock and Osborne 10/1 i have gone in to detail bout these to earlier and have nothing to add to that

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Best prices on above: Webster 2nd Qtr - 16/1 - Sportingbet Dudbridge 2nd Qtr - 16/1 - Boylesport or BlueSq Painter 3rd Qtr - 12/1 - PaddyPower, Sportingbet and Coral Whitlock 4th Qtr - 10/1 - Most Osbourne 4th Qtr - 12/1 - Most I hope your not offended by me doing this, oldmaster? I'm just trying to help. Its all about the value after all?!?!

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Andy Hamilton To win 4th Quarter 15/2 @ Stanjames. I think this is a huge price for is a player was talked about winning this a couple of years ago. gone quiet abit of late but on his day is up there with barny and wade and can give taylor a game. The other names in this Quarter are wade and jenkins. Wade hasnt been his best for sometime and altough can play amazing in one game can just fall apart in others. Jenkins has not done well in this competition going out to sheperd in the first round two years ago and i think he went out to a unkown last year very early.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Merv King to win 2nd Quarter 2/1@ stanjames Merv is the class act in this quarter and altough former champs part and webster in this quarter i belive is a class above these. Also Tabern and stompe in this quarter and on there day can play good darts king is better than these players and should easily have enough to get through.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Merv King to win world championship 33/1@ stanjames. Seems a big price for someone who i would rate as third fav. Looks like he would have to play taylor in the semi's can't see the value in backing taylor at 4/11. If he does play taylor in the semi's he wont be 33/1. He has the ability to beat taylor if he taylor doesnt play his best and will push him all the way. Dont rate Wade and dont know What frame of mind barny will be in as he parted company with that man that was in the crowd for him last year(think he was his trainer).

no i don't use an odds comparison site but sure you will keep us informed QTR BETTING, 2ND QTR, i'm not betting on first quarter if taylor is firing on three cylinders he will be in semis so im taking WEBSTER 12/1, the former ametuer(sorry BDO) champ has a real stinker to start with Walshie is a good staedy player and it will be tough but Webby has a touch more class so i fancy him to edge out mark then it would be andy jenkins, Manley,Part, dudbridge or Tabern the likely opposition for a last four spot, and we could see any of them claim that spot but i would narrow it down to Part or Webster, Rocky has his forthcoming suspension on his mind while Manley is a spent force in the PDC Tabern for me has'nt proved it on tv yet, he was hammered 4-0 by stompe in round two her last year, i reckon Webster is due a good TV event and this could be it and he is a generous price.
Very similar thinking to myself. If you remember back to the BDO Title he won in 2008, that was probably the most competitive a tournament in the last 5 years. He had some noticeable scalps on the way aswell Whitlock, Adams, Fitton. He disappointed in the BDO equivalent last year, but he switched a few weeks later, so they may have something to do with the bad performance. Since his switch over, he has done well but mostly under the radar, reflected in the fact qualified through the pro tour. Also it will be his first "Major" Tournament he has played in the PDC, and with the format the way it is, he will not be out for losing 5 or 6 legs like most of the other tournaments he has been playing. The outright price is tempting, but realistically can't see him turning over King and Taylor, so have also gone for the quarter betting myself hoping he can turn over King. :ok
Merv King to win world championship 33/1@ stanjames. Seems a big price for someone who i would rate as third fav. Looks like he would have to play taylor in the semi's can't see the value in backing taylor at 4/11. If he does play taylor in the semi's he wont be 33/1. He has the ability to beat taylor if he taylor doesnt play his best and will push him all the way.
Couldnt agree more. Looks to be piss taking of the highest order, esp. when you compare Kings outright price and the line up of his quarter to Anderson's (who is 16/1 outright and 7/4 for the quarter). Should be the other way around. :ok

Couldnt agree more. Looks to be piss taking of the highest order' date=' esp. when you compare Kings outright price and the line up of his quarter to Anderson's (who is 16/1 outright and 7/4 for the quarter). Should be the other way around. :ok[/quote'] I disagree. In order to get any returns even on an each way bet on King he is going to have to beat Taylor or Taylor's successor to make the final. Anderson doesn't have to go near Taylor until the EW payout is secured. That is reflected in the prices. I actually think King is pretty short. He can have shockers so isn't a guaranteed semi finalist and even if he gets to a semi with Phil Taylor, he isn't going to be a lot shorter than 14/1 outright in a 4 horse race.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Hmmm. Shi Yongsheng has pulled out and it'll be Jan Van der Rassel (remember him? He lost to Peter Manley in the last sixteen a couple of years ago) who faces Tomas Seyler instead. http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~1907564,00.html OT: Anybody read The Sun's 'preview' today? The four they've put up for the 'Ones to Watch...' are Phil Taylor, James Wade, Robert Thornton and Paul Nicholson...shame they put up a picture of Gary Anderson in for Paul! :eyes :lol

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 I'm not a king fan myself. He can throw a great dart but has too many other issues IMO to beat the big players on the big stage in the big tournaments. The defeat to Barney in the grand slam would be a prime example. He makes all sort of excuses from the crowd to Air blowing across the stage. He can Hit 180's with the best o them and is a great finisher but until he sorts his attitude I can't back him.

Anderson doesn't have to go near Taylor until the EW payout is secured. That is reflected in the prices. I actually think King is pretty short.
That is true, however he has to come through 4 of Barneveld/Painter/Van Der Voort/Baxter/Caven/Lloyd/Ovens and potentially Wade/Hamilton/Jenkins. He is not an 8/1 shot to do that. That is the point im trying make. Sure he is 11/5 in boyles for the quarter, would 5/6 in a semi with Barney worst, and 4/1 worst in a Taylor final, works out for me at 28/1.
He can have shockers so isn't a guaranteed semi finalist and even if he gets to a semi with Phil Taylor' date=' he isn't going to be a lot shorter than 14/1 outright in a 4 horse race. [/quote'] Cant argue with that.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 2 more outrights for me. 2pts ew G.Anderson to win PDC World Championship 16/1 Skybet It's pretty well known I'm a massive fan of Gary Anderson and I've been dying to back him in a TV event but the time hasn't been right or he's been in Taylor's half of the draw. It's right now. I said when he came over that I believe Gary Anderson will be the 2nd best player in the world within 2 years of joining the PDC and I still very much believe that. He's not in Taylor's half of the draw here which is the 1st thing to look at. In fact, I think he's in a fairly weak quarter with Barney the big seed in it. I don't think he's anything like unbeatable at all. We all know what we're going to get with Anderson but it's very rare someone beats him. He beats himself a lot of the time. I was impressed with him in the Grand Slam though and he did nothing wrong. The burst that Scott Waites put in at the end of their match would've taken out all bar the Power. The key thing for me here is Anderson knows he can beat Taylor. He's done it over long course darts in the IDL a few years back and can do so again. Even now on the rare occasions Taylor is under pressure he shows signs of weakness and should Anderson meet him in the final then his scoring power will keep Taylor under pressure. He's got to get there 1st but if he hits his doubles the Scot is going to take a helluva lot of stopping and at 16/1 I'm happy to back Anderson each way as I believe he's good enough to go all the way in this. 1pt M.Webster to win 2nd Quarter 16/1 Sportingbet Ridiculous odds on a former world champion in a wide open field IMO. Mervyn King is probably the one to beat but he has shockers in him so he's a weak favourite IMO especially at 9/4. Mark Walsh has transformed his game around but he hasn't really done much on TV since that UK Open run although he's won a couple of titles this year. John Part is so up and down at the minute I can't go near him and Alan Tabern can be anything. It's wide open. When Webby is on song we've got a heavy scorer and a mighty fine doubler, especially on tops. Hopefully his mini run in the Grand Slam will give him some confidence and belief that this is where he belongs and if he can get past Walsh in the opener then he can enjoy a very nice run in this.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 2 bets in tonight's matches for me. A 3rd is crying out for me to back it. I might still do yet, we'll see. 3pts J.Artut to beat W.Mardle 4/1 Sportingbet Going for a bit of a longshot in the opening match of the tournament but it wouldn't surprise me at all if this lands. Mardle is under so much pressure this week. Not only is he protecting semi final prize money but he needs a big tournament to retain his place in the upper echelons of the game. 2009 so far has been awful and in the Grand Slam last month he looked like a bloke who has gone he really did. Ok his best results have tended to come in this tournament but opening the event in no form whatsoever is a huge banana skin against anyone. It may work against Mardle in a way that he's playing Artut, the German qualifier. He has nothing to lose and he's played some big names on the tour this year and not been humiliated. That will be good experience for him and if he doesn't freeze on the big stage and keeps himself together and hanga in there he could take this. Mardle will always give the German chances because he can't hit doubles with any regularity if his life was on it so as long as the German scores well enough to have chances when Mardle misses I think he can take Mardle out. Artut has taken legs off Thornton, Lewis, Jenkins and Anderson on the tour this year and they are all way ahead of Mardle in quality so this will be closer than people think and I'll chance the German to end a thoroughly awful year for Mardle. 3pts D.Priestley vs K.McDine - 7 or more 180's 5/6 Bet365 I think this will be the match of the night and it'll probably go 4 or 5 sets. This line looks a touch low to me. Both of them can score heavily and Priestley even now can have a stage where once he's in the 60 he can't miss it. McDine is a decent scorer too, although I don't think he's as good as the McDine who made the Grand Slam semis, he can still score. I expect Priestley to win but with the occasional lapses in concentration Priestley has with his health problems these days McDine can keep it tight, giving us more legs to get these 180's. If the match is close as I think it will be then I expect at least 7 180's between these two.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Really impressed by artut, even though mardle was tank , he looked cool, if you excuse his darts to win the match! There was something a bit 'colin osbourne' about him! And perez was really impressive in the prelim, looked very cool and has a lovely throw. If I had a spare £25,000 I'd racing down the ally to get His signature on a sponsorship deal because he could really go a long way. Thornton won' t as easy a game as he might've liked! If the tourney keeps going like this it'll be a right cracker!!

2 bets in tonight's matches for me. A 3rd is crying out for me to back it. I might still do yet, we'll see. 3pts J.Artut to beat W.Mardle 4/1 Sportingbet Going for a bit of a longshot in the opening match of the tournament but it wouldn't surprise me at all if this lands. Mardle is under so much pressure this week. Not only is he protecting semi final prize money but he needs a big tournament to retain his place in the upper echelons of the game. 2009 so far has been awful and in the Grand Slam last month he looked like a bloke who has gone he really did. Ok his best results have tended to come in this tournament but opening the event in no form whatsoever is a huge banana skin against anyone. It may work against Mardle in a way that he's playing Artut, the German qualifier. He has nothing to lose and he's played some big names on the tour this year and not been humiliated. That will be good experience for him and if he doesn't freeze on the big stage and keeps himself together and hanga in there he could take this. Mardle will always give the German chances because he can't hit doubles with any regularity if his life was on it so as long as the German scores well enough to have chances when Mardle misses I think he can take Mardle out. Artut has taken legs off Thornton, Lewis, Jenkins and Anderson on the tour this year and they are all way ahead of Mardle in quality so this will be closer than people think and I'll chance the German to end a thoroughly awful year for Mardle. 3pts D.Priestley vs K.McDine - 7 or more 180's 5/6 Bet365 I think this will be the match of the night and it'll probably go 4 or 5 sets. This line looks a touch low to me. Both of them can score heavily and Priestley even now can have a stage where once he's in the 60 he can't miss it. McDine is a decent scorer too, although I don't think he's as good as the McDine who made the Grand Slam semis, he can still score. I expect Priestley to win but with the occasional lapses in concentration Priestley has with his health problems these days McDine can keep it tight, giving us more legs to get these 180's. If the match is close as I think it will be then I expect at least 7 180's between these two.
TAKE A BOW :clap

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Cheers guys, it's always nice to get the 1st 2 bets of a tournament like this in, especially when one is such a tasty price. Well done to all those on McDine too :clap:clap. I actually fancy 2 more bets in the Thornton/Perez match. Quite like Thornton to win 3-1 and over 5.5 180's but the 3-0 could scupper them both so I'll leave it.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Oooh. 3-1 to Thornton but only 2 180s with both players having a 3-dart average of slightly below 85. http://www.pdc.tv/page/WorldChampsDetail/0,,10180~1909614,00.html Bettingzone Market News for today: 1600: Sky Bet have produced a range of darts betting special markets ahead of the PDC World Championship action this weekend. Saturday afternoon’s action gets underway with the preliminary match between Jarkko Komula J (4/11) and Roman Konchikov (2/1), the winner of which will face England’s Wes Newton in the first round proper. Sky Bet make Newton their 3/1 favourite to hit most 180’s during the afternoon session and he is 9/2 second favourite to hit the highest checkout. Betting is also available on how many 180’s will be hit during Saturday afternoon’s session and it’s 13/8 for under 19, 15/8 for 19-22 and 13/8 for 22 or more. On Sunday, world number two Raymond van Barneveld will begin his bid for a sixth World Championship title and is 1/33 to see off New Zealand's Warren Parry (10/1). The Dutchman has been well backed in the run-up to Friday, with Sky Bet cutting his odds to 12/1 (from 14/1). Phil Taylor goes into the £1 million event as 4/11 favourite with Sky Bet after claiming every major ranking title in 2009. Sky Bet will be offering 10 markets in-play on every match as well as a range of enhanced multiples. 100/30 is on offer for Scholten, Stompe and Shepherd all to win on Saturday afternoon, while first round wins for King, Klaasen and Manley on Saturday night is an enhanced 15/8.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Stompe v Maish - High Checkout - Over 116.5 - PaddyPower That line looks a bit low to me. Maish put in a few meaty checkouts in the Grand Slam last month from what I remember and if Stompe is on his game he can make big finishes look easy, even though at times he doesn't go the conventional route with some finishes. 5 Pts on over 116.5 @ 1.9

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 right leaving for football at Pittodrie soon so some quickies Hine to beat sholten 3-1, the dutchman is sliding down faster that Jordans morals just now i really fancy the muffn man to take out Sholten who is a shadow of himself. Clark to beat King 3-2, i've noticed a lot of the darts sages on here sharing my opinion that King could get a bloody nose here this week, Clark won't be intimidated evben by kings antics i fancy spiderman to squeeze through 3-2 and 9/1 is a helluva price. Burnett to beat Shepherd 3-0, kirk is a one hit wonder he has done nothing since his astounding run to 2008 final and he is a seed that any over the non seeds woul;d fancy playing i think he'll take a pasting , Maish to beat Stompe 3-1, murmurs of co considering a return to the BDO suggest he is lacking confidence, Maish is a seasoned pro he knows how to go about thses games although he lacks wins hbis draws have'nt been kind in th past , despite Co's last 8 place last year, he is only seeded 28, and Maish is easily a top 50 PDC player and from 20 -50 in the rankings the standard is pretty level, so those are my quick tips sorry fro lack of detail, wish i'd posted laste night had McDine, Taylor and Thornton scores correct

Gawon Kev:nana Lovely profit on evening 1. It's not often you get a 4/1 winner in a 2 horse race so fair play for finding that. Good win for McDine too, well done to the few who got on him
Cheers mate. You've got to love reputations in this sport :lol.
Stompe v Maish - High Checkout - Over 116.5 - PaddyPower That line looks a bit low to me. Maish put in a few meaty checkouts in the Grand Slam last month from what I remember and if Stompe is on his game he can make big finishes look easy, even though at times he doesn't go the conventional route with some finishes. 5 Pts on over 116.5 @ 1.9
I like that mate. Good luck :ok. 2 for me this afternoon. 3pts S.Hine to beat R.Scholten 11/10 Sportingbet This is a popular selection and I can see why. Scholten isn't actually playing that badly these days but he's still not where he was and he hasn't been on TV much recently. Neither has the muffin man to be fair but he wouldn't expect to be. He can still play darts though. He's a solid scorer and checks out well enough and has been teetering around the top 32 for a while. Scholten will feel under a bit of pressure here with him needing a decent event or two to get back among the top 16-24 and be safe for these TV events still. That pressure can't be helpful though and I'll take the man from Coventry to send the Tripod home. 3pts C.Stompe (-1.5 sets) to beat S.Maish 5/4 Boylesports As I said at the Grand Slam when I took him on against Kirk Shepherd in his final group game, I don't rate Steve Maish at this level. Sure he made a few high checkouts in that event but in the main his scoring wasn't great. Co Stompe can consider himself unlucky in the Grand Slam. Not only did he get a horrible group but he played well and even lost one match with a 100+ average :eek. Stompe's capable of big averages as he's shown in the past. I think he's much the heavier scorer of the two and he can finish as well so I don't really see where Maish is going to get much joy here so it's the Matchstick to win no worse than 3-1 for me this afternoon.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 A war of attrition between Scholten and Hine (didn't know Steve wore glasses now but mind you, I don't follow the circuit offscreen). 1-1 in sets and 2-2 in legs with Steve throwing first but Roland nicks the fifth leg to go up 2-1 in sets. Jarkko Komula won the qualifier 4-3, and he's 7/2 with the sponsors to see off Wes Newton (he's 1/6).