** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Darts: PDC World Championships 2010

And the 2nd big event over the Xmas period is the world championships. It begins on the 18th December and as always is live on Sky. The draw for it is tomorrow afternoon, live on sky sports news and from then on I expect all the markets to go up so I'll start this thread now for early bets, news and discussions. I'm not sure what will happen to Andy Jenkins' place in the tournament but I'm sure all will be revealed tomorrow. Should be a fantastic tournament so hopefully it's a good thread to go with it.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010

My intention is to watch every dart thrown and not bet a penny... odds 500/1....
No value there mate :lol:lol. 1st round draw was made today. Phil Taylor (1, Eng) v Colin Monk (Eng) Roland Scholten (32, Ned) v Steve Hine (Eng) Robert Thornton (16, Sco) v Per Laursen/Christian Perez Wayne Mardle (17, Eng) v Jyhan Artut (Ger) Adrian Lewis (8, Eng) v Aodhagan O'Neill/Les Francis Wes Newton (25, Eng) v Jarkko Komula/Roman Konchikov Dennis Priestley (9, Eng) v Kevin McDine (Eng) Jelle Klaasen (24, Ned) v Barrie Bates (Wal) Mervyn King (5, Eng) v Matt Clark (Eng) Co Stompe (28, Ned) v Steve Maish (Eng) Alan Tabern (12, Eng) v Ken MacNeil/Norman Madhoo Mark Dudbridge (21, Eng) v Andree Welge (Ger) John Part (4, Can) v Toon Greebe (Ned) Kirk Shepherd (29, Eng) v Scott Burnett (US) Mark Walsh (13, Eng) v Mark Webster (Wal) Peter Manley (20, England) v Andy Jenkins (Eng) Raymond van Barneveld (2, Ned) v Warren Parry (NZ) Tony Eccles (31, Eng) v Brendan Dolan (NI) Kevin Painter (15, Eng) v Mensur Suljovic (Aut) Vincent van der Voort (18, Ned) v Dylan Duo (Gib) Ronnie Baxter (7, Eng) v Haruki Muramatsu/Krzysztof Kciuk Jamie Caven (26, Eng) v Gary Anderson (Sco) Colin Lloyd (10, Eng) v Magnus Caris/Francisco Ruiz Denis Ovens (23, Eng) v Tomas Seyler/Shi Yongsheng Terry Jenkins (6, Eng) v Paul Nicholson (Aus) Andy Smith (27, Eng) v Darin Young (US) Colin Osborne (11, Eng) v Simon Whitlock (Aus) Wayne Jones (22, Eng) v Alex Roy (Eng) James Wade (3, Eng) v Steve Brown (Eng) Michael van Gerwen (30, Ned) v Peter Wright (Sco) Andy Hamilton (14, Eng) v Phillip Hazel/Osmann Kijamet Steve Beaton (19, Eng) v Carlos Rodriguez (Spa)

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 I've already had a nibble at the outright market. I'll probably go in again on someone as the tournament approaches not to mention quarter betting and stuff but this price is so big and just so out of line it has to be taken. Can't see the price lasting. 1pt ew S.Whitlock to win PDC World Championship 125/1 Totesport (1/2 1,2) Totesport are massively out of line here. 3 bookies have the Wizard of Oz as short as 50/1 and I think that's about the right price. Even the next price down is just 80/1 so Totesport really are big on the Australian here. I think he's got all the credentials of a decent tournament as well. He's played over here for a while now and has done much of the PDC and DRA circuits. He looked good in the Grand Slam last month where it took an at his best Scott Waites to defeat him in the quarter finals after Whitlock had walloped one of the PDC form players at the time in Steve Beaton 10-1 in the previous round. I think he's a player who plays the longer matches well. He scores heavily and checks out nicely and with a draw that doesn't include Taylor until the final, I'll have a go at Whitlock coming through this bottom half at probably twice the price he should be.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 He was 80/1 on 21st November with Tote... he gets drawn in opposite half to Taylor like you say... and his odds go out to 125/1? You'd never guess the government had a stake in them would you? Maybe Mandelson is the odds compiler! :loon

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 I'll place my bets on 1st day. Theres value to be found each way in 2nd half of the draw as Barney, Wade or Anderson are not certs to get to the final, its an open half. Taylor should be shorter than 2/5, all the big players will be lumping on, i can't see him losing.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Paul Nicholson 66/1 EW to win, this is a big call cos he is in Taylors half but going by ability, form and confidence it is a no brainer, quarter finalist last year and showed nerves of steel this lad has what it takes to do big things in PDC, and should secuire a top32 spot through this tournament, he has Terry Jenkins first round six time tv tournament runner up, he's has more seconds than Michelle McManus, he will not fancy taking on the Geordie, Jenks has'nt won a game at the Ally Pally and his nerves will not be settled by taking on Paul he can finish under pressure and loves the crowd interaction well worth a bet fro his quarter too but more of that in the next few days.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 I will probably take Nicholson to beat Jenkins in the first round for the reasons you mention, but IMHO his lack of quality opposition, playing in DPA in Australia could affect his ability to beat the big names in latter stages.

He was 80/1 on 21st November with Tote... he gets drawn in opposite half to Taylor like you say... and his odds go out to 125/1? You'd never guess the government had a stake in them would you? Maybe Mandelson is the odds compiler! :loon
In reality being the opposite side of the draw doesnt make that much of a difference to the price when you get lumped in a quarter with
Jenkins v Nicholson
Smith v Young
Osborne v Whitlock
Jones v Roy
Wade v Brown
Van Gerwen v Wright
Hamilton v Hazel/Kijamet
Beaton v Rodriguez
Whitlock probably be 5/6 against Osborne (at best maybe evens), then around 1/2 (best about 4/6) against either Jones/Roy. He's then more likely to get Jenkins/Nicholson; Id have him 11/10 (5/4 best) against Jenkins, probably pick 'em with Nicholson at best, maybe slight favourite at 8/11. Against Wade for me would be 1/2 (wade) v 6/4 for me, Hamilton would be 4/6 v 11/10. Going by seeds he'd meet barney in the semi. Where I'd have barney 1/3 v 2/1 whitlock (1/7 v 4/1 best) and then onto final again going with seeds; against taylor where he would be 8/1 and upwards worst. Not playing Taylor in the final, going by seed John Part would be there, id make Whitlock no bigger than 5/4, at worst about 10/11. Worst Outright cumulative price: 1.8333333 * 1.5* 1.8333333333 * 2.1 * 3 * 9 = 284/1 playing Taylor in the final. 1.8333333 * 1.5* 1.8333333333 * 2.1 * 3 * 1.90909090909 = 59/1 not playing taylor in the final. Best Outright cumulative price: 2 * 1.6666666 * 2.25 * 2.5 * 5 * 21 = 673/1 playing Taylor in the final. 2 * 1.6666666 * 2.25 * 2.5 * 5 * 2.25 = 210/1 not playing Taylor in the final. Looks value if he doesnt meet Taylor in the final. Working it all out like that you can see where the real robbery is, James Wade at 8/1, sure he'll be at least 5/2 to win the final, thus meaning he is 4/7 to win that quarter. Being ultra conservative pricing his route (1/16, 1/5, 1/3, 1/4) that makes him 11/10 for the quarter, (8/13 v Barney semi) 12/5 to reach the final and 11/1 outright (5/2 v Taylor). A little more realisitic you get (1/10, 4/11, 4/7, 4/6) thus 29/10 for quarter, (8/11 v Barney semi) 5.75/1 to reach the final and 28/1 outright (10/3 v Taylor)

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Sometimes I wish I had a brain..... That is damn impressive stuff.... I'm more of a follow your instinct sort of punter! But I love Stats and calculations and if I had the ability to do what youve done, I might be able to sniff out a better bargain!

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 john part to win EW at 80/1. this is an interesting one for me a three times world champion as recently as 2008, and priced at 80s, john has pedigree and plenty of it, he is a great counter, mentally tough, the abilty to power past opponents, while not a heavy 180s man he consistently scores 140s, tons and his cover shots are also good quality, He has been written off before usually just before winning another event. more to the point he can and has beaten Taylor before in big events including world champ final. his last world title in 08 was in beating kirk shepherd which many felt devalued i, not me though throughout that event he avgd 98. a good figure for a long format event. all Johns game lacks for me is his devestating finishing on his day 160+ outs are meat and drink to him and he enjoys a good scrap on the board!at wolverhampton he played well against barney deserving to win on that occassion though the crowd were particluarly disrespectful to Part, a gentleman of the game and not one to partake in any gamesmanship, so i didnt approve of the crowd behaviour. Can he win a fourth world title? well he'll have to get past the power, Barney, wade, and the likes and these are'nt opponents who will overawe Part, IF his finishing is at it's best, IF he is in a better mental condition than he was in that post Barney game interview, AND if he is no longer doing this silly trans atlantic to and froing, then he CAN be a contender, and at 80s i'm having him EW.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Ok guys I've done my bet PHIL TAYLOR @ 2/5 stan James I don't need to go into detail here as we all know he will be very hard to beat, I've gone in big & he aint even being tested to the limit these days winning every tournament easily withouit being pushed, so why is he available at these odds? Judging on he's outstanding form this year where he has won every tv ranking tournament and winning this title 14 times he should really be no bigger thn 1/4 Another great factor into the price is he aint gotta face Barney Wade Anderson until the final Wade is an awful price around 8 or 9/1 mark as he aint been in a tv ranking final since world matchplay in july 08. Taylors biggest threat? Give me a break there's no value with Wade Can't have anderson how can a man who's best performance in bdo worlds a semi be among the favs in 2nd half to get to the final? He h Anderson was quite simply dismal in all he's years in the bdo worlds Barney is quite simply the class act in 2nd half everyone knows he is better than both the afore mentioned even on current tv ranking form and represents the 2nd half value at 14s ew

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Can't disagree with the Taylor pick CB. He's the winner all ends up which is why I'm only going to look in the bottom half for my outright bets. We'll agree to disagree on Barney being the class act in that 2nd half though ;).

I've got my doubts about Barneys mental state and attitude' date=' personally. Seems to have fallen out of love with the sport. Was gifted wins by Painter and King in the grand slam IMO, both shoul'd've beaten him.[/quote'] That's pretty much my stance on him as well. Not once in the Grand Prix or Grand Slam or indeed in the final of this last year did he look like he believes he can beat Taylor, although I accept the EW cash is in the bank by the time he meets Taylor here. One thing I've never understood with Barney is he won 4 BDO titles and a PDC title with his old darts and old throwing style. Why the hell did he change it to try and copy Taylor's style. Mystifying.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 i also concur about barney, his motivation is questionable he has always had a relaxed throwing style but of late it's become more lethargic i'm when barney won the PDC world title he was 3-0 down in sets,in the final, and was also 3-0 down to Lloyd earlier in that tournament, too i wouldnt back him to do the same these days, has he lost his love of the game, is there to easy a living inthe PDC compared to the BDO, who knows but i certainly don,t see barney as agimme for the final this year if he gets through first two rounds which i grant aplayer of his quality should he would face meeting any of Baxter, Van Der Voort, Painter, Anderson in last 16 and qtr finals and would i make barney favourite against them perhaps the former two but certainly not the latter pair, lets keep the infromed darts reasoning coming really enjoy reading and contributing to this thread with fellow darts fans who are so knowledgable on the sport.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 ok two more outrights for me, WHITLOCK 50/1 EW, the Aussie must have looked at the draw and thought, "strueth, i could go far!" Simon has a tough opener against osborne but if he is to win he will have to beat better men than Colin, and i reckon Colin will be gutted with this draw Simon, Anderson, and nicholson were the three to avoid and all three are in the bottom half, which is more open than the Liverpool defence, I have plotted everyones route and i have the big Aussie to get past Osborne then he will play Wayne Jones a decent player but he can't match Simon on scoring so i'm going fro a win for Simon, then next is probably Nicholson these two know each other well and it could be a toss up as to who comes through and i have also bet on Paul just as cover e w at 50s, then would be Wade, who has been struggling more than he should be this year, i reckon Whitlock will have james then the semi would await aginst my next tip, so all in all apart from wade he would'nt meet any top 10 player, until the final. KEVIN PAINTER 80/1. e.w now all you regulars here know i like Painter as much as i like man Utd, but we put aside our tastes when it comes to beating the bookies, Painter probably still has nightmares about the final agisnt taylor in 2005 where he had Taylor on the ropes but could'nt deliver the killer blow, he'll begin against Suljovic who prbably has the least orthodox technique of any player in the field he should'nt worry Painter too much though, who would then face Van Der Voort the Dutchman may win a set or two but the artist will see him off, then i have a match up with Barney, now my reasoning here is this, Barney will have had two game that won't have stretched him but that will change here, kevin is a fast starter recall the last 16 last year against Taylor he hammered Taylor in the first set, in winning it. and i'm not convinced that Barney has the stomach for a fight that we know painter has and this along with Painters fast get aways has me favouring the Artist here, qtr finals would see him up against Anderson or Baxter, and i'll take Painter again, this would mean semi against whitlock, both WC finalists, and this is game would be tighter than a dead heat. As i mentioned earlier the bottom half is totally open, with Barney, and Wade both out of sorts all the players in this half will fancy thier chances but the likes of Van Gerwen, Osborne, Anderson for me are'nt ready to be world champs yet and others like jenkins, Baxter, Beaton, Smith, and hamilton have bottled it on the big occassions too many times to be strongly fancied.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Andy Jenkins will be playing. http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~1902007,00.html Starts on Friday...may as well get cracking on putting up the odds and all that. Odds from the sponsors Ladbrokes (strange they don't have match odds yet isn't it?): To win outright ~ (each way odds 1/2 for the finalists) Phil Taylor 4/11 James Wade 8/1 Raymond Van Barneveld 10/1 Gary Anderson 12/1 Mervyn King 33/1 Andy Hamilton/Terry Jenkins/Adrian Lewis 40/1 Colin Osborne/Kevin Painter/Robert Thornton/Simon Whitlock 66/1 Ronnie Baxter/Jelle Klaasen/Colin Lloyd/Paul Nicholson/John Part/Alan Tabern/Mark Walsh 80/1 Steve Beaton/Vincent Van Der Voort/Mark Webster 100/1 Co Stompe 125/1 Mark Dudbridge/Wayne Jones/Wayne Mardle/Kevin McDine/Dennis Priestley/Michael Van Gerwen 150/1 Jamie Caven/Tony Eccles/Peter Manley/Wes Newton/Denis Ovens 200/1 Andy Smith 250/1 Toon Greebe/Andy Jenkins/Steve Maish/Carlos Rodriguez/Roland Scholten/Kirk Shepherd/Mensur Suljovic 300/1 Barrie Bates/Magnus Caris/Brendan Dolan/Steve Hine/Jarkko Komula/Per Laursen/Alex Roy/Peter Wright/Darin Young 500/1 Jyhan Artut/Matt Clark/Dylan Duo/Phillip Hazel/Aodhagan O'Neill/Tomas Seyler /Andree Welge 750/1 Steve Brown/Scott Burnett/Les Francis/Kryzsztof Kciuk/Roman Konchikov/Ken MacNeil/Colin Monk/Christian Perez/Francisco Ruiz 1000/1 Osmann Kijamet/Norman Madhoo/Warren Parry 1500/1 Haruki Muramatsu/Shi Yongsheng 2000/1 To win the first quarter ~ Phil Taylor (1, England) v Colin Monk (England) Roland Scholten (32, Netherlands) v Steve Hine (England) Robert Thornton (16, Scotland) v Per Laursen/Christian Perez (Philippines) Wayne Mardle (17, England) v Jyhan Artut (Germany) Adrian Lewis (8, England) v Aodhagan O'Neill (Ireland)/Les Francis (South Africa) Wes Newton (25, England) v Jarkko Komula (Finland)/Roman Konchikov (Russia) Dennis Priestley (9, England) v Kevin McDine (England) Jelle Klaasen (24, Netherlands) v Barrie Bates (Wales) Phil Taylor 1/7 Adrian Lewis 10/1 Robert Thornton 16/1 Jelle Klaasen 20/1 Dennis Priestley 33/1 Wayne Mardle 33/1 Kevin McDine 50/1 Wes Newton 50/1 Roland Scholten 80/1 Barrie Bates 100/1 Aodhagan O'Neill 150/1 Jyhan Artut 150/1 Jarkko Komula 150/1 Per Laursen 150/1 Steve Hine 150/1 Colin Monk 250/1 Christian Perez 250/1 Les Francis 250/1 Roman Konchikov 250/1

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 To win the second quarter ~ Mervyn King (5, England) v Matt Clark (England) Co Stompe (28, Netherlands) v Steve Maish (England) Alan Tabern (12, England) v Ken MacNeil (Canada)/Norman Madhoo (Guyana) Mark Dudbridge (21, England) v Andree Welge (Germany) John Part (4, Canada) v Toon Greebe (Netherlands) Kirk Shepherd (29, England) v Scott Burnett (USA) Mark Walsh (13, England) v Mark Webster (Wales) Peter Manley (20, England) v Andy Jenkins (England) Mervyn King 7/4 Mark Walsh 11/2 John Part 13/2 Alan Tabern 7/1 Mark Webster 12/1 Co Stompe 14/1 Mark Dudbridge 14/1 Peter Manley 20/1 Andy Jenkins 22/1 Kirk Shepherd 22/1 Steve Maish 22/1 Toon Greebe 25/1 Matt Clark 66/1 Andree Welge 80/1 Scott Burnett 100/1 Ken MacNeil 150/1 Norman Madhoo 200/1 To win the third quarter ~ Raymond van Barneveld (2, Netherlands) v Warren Parry (New Zealand) Tony Eccles (31, England) v Brendan Dolan (Northern Ireland) Kevin Painter (15, England) v Mensur Suljovic (Austria) Vincent van der Voort (18, Netherlands) v Dylan Duo (Gibraltar) Ronnie Baxter (7, England) v Haruki Muramatsu (Japan)/Krzysztof Kciuk (Poland) Jamie Caven (26, England) v Gary Anderson (Scotland) Colin Lloyd (10, England) v Magnus Caris (Sweden(/Francisco Ruiz (Spain) Denis Ovens (23, England) v Tomas Seyler (Germany)/Shi Yongsheng (China) Raymond van Barneveld 13/8 Gary Anderson 2/1 Kevin Painter 9/1 Ronnie Baxter 9/1 Colin Lloyd 12/1 Vincent van der Voort 12/1 Denis Ovens 20/1 Jamie Caven 33/1 Tony Eccles 40/1 Mensur Suljovic 50/1 Brendan Dolan 80/1 Magnus Caris 100/1 Dylan Duo 150/1 Tomas Seyler 150/1 Francisco Ruiz 200/1 Kryzsztof Kciuk 200/1 Haruki Muramatsu 250/1 Shi Yongsheng 250/1 Warren Parry 250/1 To win the fourth quarter ~ Terry Jenkins (6, England) v Paul Nicholson (Australia) Andy Smith (27, England) v Darin Young (USA) Colin Osborne (11, England) v Simon Whitlock (Australia) Wayne Jones (22, England) v Alex Roy (England) James Wade (3, England) v Steve Brown (England) Michael van Gerwen (30, Netherlands) v Peter Wright (Scotland) Andy Hamilton (14, England) v Phillip Hazel (New Zealand)/Osmann Kijamet (Slovenia) Steve Beaton (19, England) v Carlos Rodriguez (Spain) James Wade 5/4 Terry Jenkins 6/1 Andy Hamilton 7/1 Colin Osborne 10/1 Simon Whitlock 10/1 Paul Nicholson 12/1 Steve Beaton 16/1 Michael van Gerwen 20/1 Wayne Jones 20/1 Andy Smith 33/1 Carlos Rodríguez 50/1 Peter Wright 50/1 Darin Young 66/1 Alex Roy 80/1 Steve Brown 150/1 Phillip Hazel 200/1 Osmann Kijamet 250/1

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 10pts Mervyn King to win World Champs @ 33/1 too big a price with taylor or without in my opinion favourable draw and if he clicks he has the potential to beat taylor especially if he finds the famous "A-Game" ;) but on sensible note, big price on king in my opinion on competitor who always seems to reach 1/4s at least in each event

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Handy for Scud his manager is an intelligent fella.... obviously figured out appealing the decision would mean he could play in what could probably be his last world championship.... bit of a farce really... Even if he is 100% guilty (and i'm not suggesting 'Rocky' would hit anyone), it almost encourages you to appeal in order not to miss the tourney?

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 i see the prices are out for the 1st round games, the pick of them for me. McDine 11/8 v Priestley 4/7, has to be the geordie here, Dennis has felt the fatigue more in the past year with his recovery from his illness he has also i reckon changed his outlook on darts realising that the his healthy was priortity, Mc Dine lost to Dennis Smith last term from a 3 set lead, and hopefully he has learned about playing slower players from that, if he has then he is a good bet here, i'm goin to give him the benefit of the doubt. matt Clark to beat Mervyn King 11/2. yes merv is a top 10 player and Clark is struggling to make an impression in the PDC, but Spiderman has been qrtr finalist here before and last year should've taken out kevin Painter in the fisrt round last year and Painter was playing well too, this is big odds on an experienced player and though King was semi finalists last year it would'nt surprise me if Clark took out King here. Paul Nicholson to beat terry Jenkins 6/4. has to be THE bet of the round, Jenks has been bloodied worse than Silvio Berlusconi, at this venue having yet to win a match at the palace,we all remember Nicholsons heroics last year and he has every chance of matching or bettering that this term.