Darts: PDC World Championships 2010

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 That preliminary match cost me a small fortune and a decent profit on the night. Still well in profit for the day and +21.42pts up overall which I'll take after 3 days, particularly with the 2 outrights of mine who played today coming through tricky encounters.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010

That preliminary match cost me a small fortune and a decent profit on the night. Still well in profit for the day and +21.42pts up overall which I'll take after 3 days' date=' particularly with the 2 outrights of mine who played today coming through tricky encounters.[/quote'] I can't find odds on Bet365 for Hamilton to beat the winner of that match, they only show odds for the Barney game? Any idea? My first darts bet and it landed. :dudeWas worried because Anderson kept missing his doubles too but came good in the end. Need Barney to hit plenty of 180's now for Bet 2 to come in. :hope

Day 4 My Prices: 1/7 Van Voort Duo 4/1 N/o Muramatsu Kciuk N/o 2/7 Part Greebe 5/2 4/6 Jenkins Nicholson 11/10 Part is big at 4/9 (bet365, Lads, BlueSq). Nicholson general price of 6/4 has a decent bit of value in it . No value in the other match, and cant form an opinion on the prelim.

Re: Day 4 My Prices:

I can't find odds on Bet365 for Hamilton to beat the winner of that match' date=' they only show odds for the Barney game? Any idea? My first darts bet and it landed. :dudeWas worried because Anderson kept missing his doubles too but came good in the end. Need Barney to hit plenty of 180's now for Bet 2 to come in. :hope[/quote'] Some of them don't price up mate. Keep an eye out. You've got about half an hour until they play. They should offer odds in play too. Where's the 5/2 Greebe at mate?

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 ok my three for monday night, PART 2/5 v GREEBE 15/8. all the way to this champs iv'e been looking at Part as a gimme, he played decent at the GSOD, and he is a class player you do'nt win three world titles without having a bit of class, but i have a gut feeling that Greebe might take him, i remember Toon playing here two years ago against Manley he went 2-0 up in sets before Manley used all th tricks, slowing down, playing to crowd, etc to beat the youngster who was still wet behind the ears in the PDC, he then played BDO before defecting back this year, i really think that Greebe is a good price here Part CAN be vurnerable in first rounds, Bill Davis beat him last year as defending champ, and when he defended his BDO title Andy Smith put him out in round one there!, i like Part and have a bet on him outright but this is an excellent price and i'm going to take a punt on the Dutchman being more savvy to the professional game. JENKINS 8/15 v NICHOLSON 6/4. all regulars on here know i rate the Geordie i expect him to do great things in the PDC he is the complete package for me, and his price to be fair is spot on, however Jenkins at 8/15 is way to short remember the bull has NEVER won here, can be dodgy on his doubles, and up against a very able opponent, advantage of throw may be vital but if i was Jenkins i would'nt fancy climbing on that stage knowing my dismal record and aginst a man who is just off a good run in Germany, and who thrives on this stage. VAN DER VOORT 1/9 v DUO 5/1. i know nothing of duo as many won't either and while VDV is low in confidence his pasting of Tayloer in GSOD will have given him fresh impetus and desire that is why i have to back him, all prices stan james

right my tips for sunday in light of my dismal performance for saturdays games! DOLAN v ECCLES 3-2, @4/1. this is going to be tough one for the viper last year her was a consistent player in the PDC reaching the last 16 of tournaments almost for fun, Dolan has'nt set the world on fire but i fancy him to edge out the viper here in a close encounter and 4s is a decent price. DUDBRIDGE v WELGE 3-1, @9/4. flash has to try and recapture the form hr had when he joined the PDC former world finalist he has struggled since then , reached last 16 last year before vbeing thumped 4-0 by Bates, Welge won the German qualifying OOM, and this proves he is no mug, and whilst he can take a set mark should have enough to progress. WEBSTER v WALSH 3-2 @9/2, this will be tighter than a dead heat, these two are good players who may fancy going far in this event, i have Webster to win his qtr, so have to back him here this will be match where advantage of throw will be crucial i can't see many breaks, but Webster has the touch more class and enough to edge this game. PAINTER v SULJOVIC 3-1 @5/2. Mensur has the worst throwing technique you will see anywhere, yet it works for him! he has never lost a first round game here, so Painter better look out, but Kevin is a real fighter loves a ruck and good old fashioned tear up! and i expect Kevin to race into a lead, and should he do this i don't expect the big Austrian to peg him back. ANDERSON v CAVEN 3-2 @ 7/2, so this is why Anderson switched to play dangerous opponents like this! caven is a former youth world champ and has made a mockery of his disability, Caven has had a good year on the pro tour and Gary will have to play well to get through, and despite Andersons awful record at the Lakeside he is a professional now and must make the most of it, and he should here it won't be easy but take the Scotsman to win. BARNEVELD v PARRY 3-0 @2/5, surley there is no other result possible for parry against an out of sorts, low in confidence, weak looking Barney the number two seed cannot go in round one, can he?
had the Painter, Anderson and Barney as a treble correct scoreline hope you were all as successful as me .:dude

right my tips for sunday in light of my dismal performance for saturdays games! DOLAN v ECCLES 3-2, @4/1. this is going to be tough one for the viper last year her was a consistent player in the PDC reaching the last 16 of tournaments almost for fun, Dolan has'nt set the world on fire but i fancy him to edge out the viper here in a close encounter and 4s is a decent price. DUDBRIDGE v WELGE 3-1, @9/4. flash has to try and recapture the form hr had when he joined the PDC former world finalist he has struggled since then , reached last 16 last year before vbeing thumped 4-0 by Bates, Welge won the German qualifying OOM, and this proves he is no mug, and whilst he can take a set mark should have enough to progress. WEBSTER v WALSH 3-2 @9/2, this will be tighter than a dead heat, these two are good players who may fancy going far in this event, i have Webster to win his qtr, so have to back him here this will be match where advantage of throw will be crucial i can't see many breaks, but Webster has the touch more class and enough to edge this game. PAINTER v SULJOVIC 3-1 @5/2. Mensur has the worst throwing technique you will see anywhere, yet it works for him! he has never lost a first round game here, so Painter better look out, but Kevin is a real fighter loves a ruck and good old fashioned tear up! and i expect Kevin to race into a lead, and should he do this i don't expect the big Austrian to peg him back. ANDERSON v CAVEN 3-2 @ 7/2, so this is why Anderson switched to play dangerous opponents like this! caven is a former youth world champ and has made a mockery of his disability, Caven has had a good year on the pro tour and Gary will have to play well to get through, and despite Andersons awful record at the Lakeside he is a professional now and must make the most of it, and he should here it won't be easy but take the Scotsman to win. BARNEVELD v PARRY 3-0 @2/5, surley there is no other result possible for parry against an out of sorts, low in confidence, weak looking Barney the number two seed cannot go in round one, can he?
4 out of 6. Good work mate :clap

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 I'll post the rest of the bets up for tomorrow, tomorrow :loon but I'll take this one now as it's the opening match tomorrow and I'll be touch and go to get back before 7 to post it. 3pts D.Duo (+2.5 sets) to beat V.van der Voort 10/11 Sportingbet When you look at this match on the face of it, the established van der Voort should beat someone from Gibraltar pretty easily. However that would be harsh on Duo. This is a guy who 2 months ago beat James Wade 6-5 in the players championship in Nuland. Wade won a tournament the following day so he wasn't out of form or anything, so this guy can clearly play a bit. He also beat Carlos Rodriguez in that tournament too so he's had some decent results on the circuit. Vincent van der Voort should win this but it's not guaranteed I don't think. Sure he beat Taylor in a nothing match in the Grand Slam but what about the match before that? He lost to Anastasia which shows Duo isn't without a chance in this match. Van der Voort will score well but he's not infallable on the doubles, as Anastasia can testify and while I think it's more of a risk to take the lad from Gibraltar to win the match given his lack of TV experience, there's certainly enough there to think he'll take a set so I'll take Duo with a 2.5 set start.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Conditions playing havoc tonight. Nicholson and Part have shown up very late and had to walk a fair way in the snow to make it. They need taking on. 3pts T.Jenkins (-1.5 sets) to beat P.Nicholson 6/5 Boylesports Terry Jenkins being the consumate pro has been in the vicinity of the Ally Pally for some time today and will be bang up for this match, a match he knows had the ability to be tricky. I say had because Paul Nicholson only showed up at the venue 45 minutes before he was due to play and had a bit of an adventure getting there. To be honest I'd have fancied Jenkins with all things being even but they don't appear to be and so I expect Jenkins to be too strong for the gobby Geordie and expect the Bull to win no worse than 3-1. 3pts T.Greebe to beat J.Part 2/1 William Hill Toon Greebe was touted around as a special talent when he burst onto the scene a few years ago. Since then he's nosedived but signs are that he's playing well again and will give Part a game. Unbelievably, Part has only won 1 game in a Sky TV regular tournament in the UK since Bill Davis dumped him out of this on the opening night a year ago. He could well have problems in the 1st round and to top it all off he still hasn't shown up at the venue yet is due to play. Ridiculous as the situation is, the young Dutchman will be well up for this and if Part starts slowly, as he has done in a lot of matches recently then Greebe can forge ahead and stay ahead and take out the 3 times champ.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 can't believe a wee bit of snow can cos so much problems, those souhern softies take some believing! anyway back to darts and Tuesdays games. SMITH 4/5 v YOUNG EVS, this is a toughie for for the pieman, who has lost in round one on the last two occassions, on his day he is a relentless 180s scorer but his finishing is suspect and for me he is'nt consistent enough, young is still waiting for a good run in a PDC major, but he will relish taking on Smith and 'm backing the Yank. OSBORNE EVS v WHITLOCK 4/5, so far the games expected to go the distance have, Anderson, Webster,Manley and McDine all getting through and this is bound to be another five setter, these two are hard to split, and whoever wins has a real chance of making final, i;ve backed Simon from the start and i'm going to stick with him much, as i like Colin i just think he lacks a killer instinct and Whitlock on form just shades it for me, BEATON 1/2 v RODRIGUEZ 13/8. Beaton is an enigma, brilliant one game, BDO the next,i love to watch him and his fluent free flowing action that i noticed has developed a small pause that was'nt there before, whether this cahnge has contributed in his good year on the circuit i don't know but he should have enough to beat the Spaniard who beat Sholten in round one last year before sucumbing to painter in round two, while my head tells me Beaton could get spanked here i want to believe that his class will see him through.

Conditions playing havoc tonight. Nicholson and Part have shown up very late and had to walk a fair way in the snow to make it. They need taking on. 3pts T.Jenkins (-1.5 sets) to beat P.Nicholson 6/5 Boylesports Terry Jenkins being the consumate pro has been in the vicinity of the Ally Pally for some time today and will be bang up for this match, a match he knows had the ability to be tricky. I say had because Paul Nicholson only showed up at the venue 45 minutes before he was due to play and had a bit of an adventure getting there. To be honest I'd have fancied Jenkins with all things being even but they don't appear to be and so I expect Jenkins to be too strong for the gobby Geordie and expect the Bull to win no worse than 3-1. 3pts T.Greebe to beat J.Part 2/1 William Hill Toon Greebe was touted around as a special talent when he burst onto the scene a few years ago. Since then he's nosedived but signs are that he's playing well again and will give Part a game. Unbelievably, Part has only won 1 game in a Sky TV regular tournament in the UK since Bill Davis dumped him out of this on the opening night a year ago. He could well have problems in the 1st round and to top it all off he still hasn't shown up at the venue yet is due to play. Ridiculous as the situation is, the young Dutchman will be well up for this and if Part starts slowly, as he has done in a lot of matches recently then Greebe can forge ahead and stay ahead and take out the 3 times champ.
Good Luck Kev, I've followed you but taken the Jenkins/Greebe double with Bet365. :ok

Just! :clap I can't believe the amount of times both players nailed the first 2 trebles 20s, then just drifted for the final arrow. Fancy Ronnie Baxter to win 3-1 against the Japanese fellow, he looked decent enough earlier
Always feels better to sneak a winner in mate ;). Was following it for you and they was annoying me with their 2 trebles then single throws :lol. I agree with you. I thought the Jap looked ok. Very surprised to see his average was only 75 :eek.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Smith v Young - Can't really call this one. If I had to pick a winner, I'd say Young, but can't back this prediction up with any hard facts. Osborne v Whitlock - Going to be a cracker that's for sure. I've always been impressed with Whitlock, but I feel that Osborne has had a really good 18 months, and I think he will just shade this one 3-2. Beaton v Rodriguez - Beaton has regained quite a nice bit of form recently, and on his day, he is a terrific player. Rodriguez has always appeared a bit average to me. I think he will definitely pick up a set or two, but I think Beaton will have enough to come through victorious. 3-1 or 3-2 to Beaton. Good luck to anyone betting. :hope

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 The value in Whitlock has gone; now 4/6 general, so I have had to back Osborne @ 6/5 general. Only other bet I had was on Rodriguez to get the Highest checkout @ 6/5 (wdw with Boyles) or 11/10 (no tie) with Bet365. Rodriguez is from Spain where the other darts games like cricket, shangai etc are more popular, this guy is well able to hit 19's, 17's or the Bull, which will be handy for a big checkouts, as he demonstrated here last year. I have gone with the 6/5 (incl draw) as it is very rare to get a tie in this market.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Awful night last night. Hopefully I can hit back tonight. 3 for me so far. 3pts A.Smith to beat D.Young 5/6 Coral I like the Pieman in this match up. I think he's the heavier scorer and he's generally pretty decent on his doubles and his run in the World Grand Prix shows he's acclimatising nicely to the big stage. Darin Young is no mug but with the weather the way it has been it's unknown how easy his journey into England has been. Even if it's been fine I just think whenever he's competitive at this level his opponents have let him in. Certainly Robert Thornton did that in the Grand Slam. I think Young's ok over 9 or 11 legs but this is a bit longer and would expect Smith to prevail. Smith hits a lot of 140's and can hit 180's too when he's going. He knows he'll have his best mate in the next round if he wins and I fully expect him to see off Big Daddy in the opening match of the night. 3pts S.Beaton (-1.5 sets) to beat C.Rodriguez 6/5 Ladbrokes Steve Beaton has run into some seriously good form over the last 3 months or so. He won a tournament in Nuland at the end of October and then made the final of the European Championship where he beat no less than Lewis, van Gerwen, Walsh and Wade on his way to a defeat by Taylor in the final. Carlos Rodriguez's form, as would be expected in fairness, isn't as good. I've struggled to find a tour event where he's gone past the 3rd round and I sense these odds are based on him beating a done up Roland Scholten here last year. Maybe it's the rarity of a Spanish darts player but either way I expect Beaton to be too good for the Spaniard and win this no worse than 3-1. 4pts S.Whitlock vs C.Osborne - Highest Checkout Over 119.5 5/6 Paddy Power Quite like this bet. Both of these players are no stranger to a big kill or two. Whitlock is reknowned for it, even more so after his Grand Slam exploits where he killed 100+ finishes for fun. Osborne is pretty decent himself. This should be a close match so a big checkout will not only have longer to come but it could make a big difference when it does come. I like having the 120 on our side but it wouldn't surprise me if we were to see a 140+ kill in this game such is the strength of their finishing. There are lower lines at lower prices but the only other one I'd have been interested in at the prices was the over 118.5 at 8/11 but 119 isn't a frequent leave at this level so I'll take a slight bit more of a risk and go over 119.5 for the highest kill in what looks like being the match of the night.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Whitlock Osbourne checkout odds have been cut to 8/11 with Paddy. 4/5 is available with StanJames. I have a 30+ Pts yankee return relying on Young to win.... so for once Kev I hope your wrong!! I also think Rodriguez has a good chance. He averaged 88+ in first round win against Scholten last year here and took a set off Painter. Beaton is incredibly inconsistent, played brilliantly for a couple of weeks on the pro tour a few months back then got humilated by WHitlock in the grand slam. Rodriguez also beat Terry Jenkins in the first round of last years televised european championship in germany, so can beat good players on the telly. He is no dead cert but is value at 2.96 with Betfair. I went 2.5pts.

Just placed a little 0.5pt Yankee with Sportingbet @ 14.14 (Acca price) Mcdine @ 2.25 (Not best priced, 2.5 is available) Same reasoning as oldmaster really, Mcdine looked comfortable @ Wolverhampton in Grand Slam, he's getting more accustomed to playing on TV and Priestley is well past his best. Was at Ally Pally last year and Priestley was woeful against Magowan in the worst live game I think i've ever seen! Painter @ 1.36 (Best Odds) Has his critics but is a quality player. Whether he will ever win big remains the question but he will have far too much for the unorthodox Suljovic. Hine @ 2.1 (Best Odds) Haven't seen a lot of the Muffin man recently but fancy him to make it past the 1st round for the 1st time on his 3rd try. Scholten is slidding down the rankings since his neck and shoulder problems of a few years ago and i believe is currently 32nd in the world. Scholten lost in the first round to Rodriguez here last year. I like the odds as much as i do Hine's chances. Young @ 2.2 (Best Odds) Darin Young, the big American played really well in the Grand Slam of Darts, impressing a lot of people including myself beating Adrian Lewis 5-2 and Denis Ovens 5-3. He scores well and Finishes well to boot. The Pieman Smith, looks less comfortable on stage and has only got to the second round of a world championship (inc. BDO) once in 8 attempts! He doesn't like it on the telly whereas Young looked comfortable at the Grand Slam. Also like the look of Nicholson (@2.5) to beat Jenkins, Rodrigues (@ 2.63) to beat Beaton and Andy Jenkins(@ 2.1) to beat Peter Manley. Will bet on them straight up on the day though. Good Luck all. Christmas and Darts.... sit back, relax and sink a few :beer... and hopefully make a few bob!
Talk about through the ringer!!! Thats why we love sport! First tie-breaker of the tournament is on the money maker of my yankee!! Yankee (11 bets) @ 0.5pts = 5.5pts Total Return = 33.645pts Profit =28.145 pts I just wish some of my earlier posts had been more succesful and then maybe a few more would've followed it. Glad I ignored one of my first posts on the thread saying I wasn't going to bet on this tournament !! Good luck all for the rest of the tournament!!

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Nice work Perry :clap:clap. Am on a bit of a slide with missed doubles not helping me one jot. One more for tonight. Was taking it whoever won that prelim match. 3pts J.van der Rassel to beat D.Ovens 3/1 Stan James As I say I was going to take Denis Ovens on whoever won that preliminary match but I'm especially going to do it at this price. It's ridiculously big and is begging to be taken. Van der Rassel is no mug. The only reason he's not here by right is on countback from money earnt this season. That in itself says he's better than probably 20% of the field and he's never lost a 1st round match in this competition, a run which includes putting paid to Colin Lloyd last year. Denis Ovens is never one to be completely trusted on TV. He's a steady player but he's nothing special. Van der Rassel actually beat Ovens 4-1 in the 2nd round here 2 years ago. We didn't see the best of van der Rassel in that prelim game but you could see the pressure in his face. Roles reversed in this game and with the match behind him I'll take van der Rassel to win this match at probably double the price he should be.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Went to Stanjames... odds cut to 9/4 on van der rassel!!.... went to oddscomparison... 9/4 was the best available.... went back to stanjames.... odds cut to 2/1!! Managed to get 9/4 with Bet365! Didn't take those bookies long to realise he was overpriced! Beaton looked very good. Problem is I still think he is inconsistent... he could still be rubbish in the next round! Just done a count up: Yankee Profit = 28.145pts Perez Hamilton = -2pts Jenkins Manley = -2pts Rodriguez Beaton = -2.5pts Running Profit = + 20.645pts By the end that will be 0pts... but glad to have money to play with :loon