** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Darts: PDC World Championships 2010

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Now that I've got a bit more time I can do yesterday's housekeeping. +7.2pts in the afternoon session and a level evening puts me back up to +23.34pts for the competition ahead of the Webster bet which is looking nice as I type.

Loving the Darts, its like christmas every morning at the moment, waking up to the line ups we have each day!. I've been impressed with Mr Whitlock from the start and have been backing him in individual matches. Think he will sneak through today but looks ever so tight, too tight to bet on the outright. However, have I read the following correct Whitlock's highest match checkout today over 115.5 8/11 (paddy power) got to be the bet eh?:hope PS. took my first proper look at lewis last night and he seems to be realy mentally strong this tournament, can he hold on to the belief when he sees taylor on the oche new years day?, going to be interesting and Im keeping my eye out to where the bookies set the handicap (will back lewis if they give him a decent start)
You have read it right mate. It was a bet I took yesterday and I'm having to go in again today. 3 more for me this afternoon. 5pts S.Whitlock's Highest Checkout vs T.Jenkins - Over 115.5 8/11 Paddy Power Paddy Power have shortened the price from this market yesterday but they've not shortened the line which is important. In all honesty, I don't particularly like this price, I'd rather a line one or two higher at a bigger price but I'm still taking this one even though RussP will kill me :lol. Both matches here and every match he won in Wolverhampton saw this line covered by the Wizard and in a match which could well go all the way today, I expect him to cover it again. I got a bit lucky yesterday because it turned into a precession but this one won't and a big kill might well be vital somewhere along the line. That's enough for me to take this bet with the biggest stake of the afternoon. 3pts S.Whitlock vs T.Jenkins - Over 11.5 180's 8/11 Paddy Power I don't particularly like taking 180's bet in any afternoon matches but every other bookie has their line higher this and I'd say justifiably so. Both these guys can hit 180's and plenty of them and I don't see either winning this easily. In fact, while I don't really want it to be, I think it could be a bit of an epic match between 2 high class players. I'd happily take a Whitlock 4-0 though :lol. Between them these two put in 8 180's in massacres in the previous round so a closer, tighter and longer match should well yield the requisite 12 180's. 3pts M.Dudbridge to beat C.Stompe 11/8 Stan James I quite like Mark Dudbridge at this price. I'd go much nearer 5/6 the pair. Stompe was brilliant in beating Mervyn King in the last round but there was a telling line in his post match interview which said "I played well because Merv is a top player so I had to. When I play the lesser players I never know what to expect so don't play as well". Dudbridge is a lesser player, but still a perfectly capable one. His 95 average over effectively 8 sets in the last round is a decent effort, all the more so when you consider he only hit 2 180's. That means his scoring and finishing was pretty consistent to end up with an average at that level. Stompe's about as hit or miss as they come, we've already seen that in this tournament. Dudbridge who has problems with his shoulder is usually more consistent and I think his solidity and consistency can just edge the Matchstick here.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 My Whitlock over 115.5 outshot bet went down in flames, that's why i'm called chasing losses!:@ However just chased back that loss with an outright on stompe:D Back to trying to predict the future....... I have backed Baxter outright tonight 4/9 (skinny I know), seen him keep his bottle before in big matches and he looked really good in his last match beating anderson 4 zip. I also backed barney to win his quarter at 11/8 at the start of the tournament which on reflection looks a really short price considering he faces painter tonight and then someone like baxter if it works out that way.mmmmmmmmm must stop betting with my heart BARNEY ARMY........BARNEY ARMY... few beers tonight I think.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Looking forward to the action tonight.Dont really like getting involved in accas but after having a quick look at the games this morning thought what the hell.So chucked on a acca with Webster,Whitlock,Stompe and Baxter and Painter +2.5 tonight.Really fancy them both tonight tbh but when you got that many selections one normally lets you down.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 right for me this evening BAXTER 1/2 v LLOYD 13/8 this is an interesting starter for us, baxter on the back of giving Anderson a mother and father of a hiding, is up against a man who has sneaked quietly through the tournament so far indeed i don't recall any mention of Lloyd in any posts in this thread, though i must say i have been impressed with him he has looked good and kept his head and seems to have a good attitude just now but he is up against baxter, and we know what to expect high scoring and deadly double 10 hitting, the two things that have carried him through to round three without losing a set too, well i think we will see Lloyd blemish that record tonight by taking at least 1 maybe 2 sets bu t i still expect Ronnie to have enough to see him through to the last 8 for only the second time. WADE 2/9 v HAMILTON 3/1, the hammer is another who has quietly come through the first two rounds with no real problems, having taken out Kijamet and Beaton, en route, tonight he is facing stern test The machine who you all know i hate, but you have to admire his darting ability (grudgingly) Wade should have too much for Hamilton here he has the ability to go up a gear if required which the Stoke thrower does'nt, this could be a tough test for Wade who may find Hamilton tough to shake off, and if this went 4-3 that would'nt surprise me either,but if i had to back either to break throw if required it would be Wade . BARNEVELD 4/11 v PAINTER 5/2, this is the game i've been waiting for to comment on the last game Barney plays this year, Painter has out avgd him so far and if this goes to a scrap then i'm backing Painter, as i've said and most of you agree, Barney does'nt have the stomach for a scrap, despite winning both games so far without conceding a set, i thought Dolan played well, and was scring as well if not better than barney before the 9 darter, which was the pinnacle of a purple patch, a brief one at that for the Dutchman who had looked ordinary before and after, Painter having overcome Sulijovic and a dogged VDV, is here on merit and looks mean he is scoring well his grouping is excellent and he is brimming with confidence he really fancies this, i'm not his biggest fan but i am warming to him painter is excellent at winning legs to win sets, at vital times and as i said he will go toe to toe with anyone, the cracking bet in this game is the handicap, offering odds of 1/2 on a 2.5 set start for Painter, can any of you see Barney winning 4-1?, didn't think so, this is goin the distance and unless Barney can find the knock out punch, it'sd Painter to go on to last 8 with a real chance of playing final on Jan 3rd.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Exactly that mate :ok. Onto tonight's bets. Fancy a couple of outsiders tonight. Have spent the last 2 hours contemplating the Baxter handicap. Left it though because it offers little value. Going with 4 tonight. 2pts A.Hamilton to beat J.Wade 7/2 Boylesports 4pts Over 13.5 180's Evs Stan James I'm not sure exactly why but I've got a feeling Andy Hamilton will take care of James Wade tonight. He beat him over a much shorter format in the Grand Slam but prior to that Wade had sent Hamilton out of the last 2 Desert Classics. Hamilton is playing nicely though. He hit 8 180's yesterday in beating Steve Beaton fairly comfortably. Wade is playing well too but he always looks a bit nervous to me at the minute and while he's hitting lots of 180's he's hitting quite a few normal scores too. Hamilton has the scoring power to live with anyone and if he can hit doubles tonight he can see off the no3 seed. Both these guys pepper the lipstick and 180's are a certainty tonight. I'm taking the higher line at a bigger price because I expect plenty of legs in this and two of the heaviest scorers in the game can bring in 14 180's. 3pts K.Painter to beat R.Barneveld 9/4 Boylesports 5pts Over 12.5 180's 10/11 Skybet I like Kevin Painter in this match. He's had a real tough game in the round before against van der Voort and battled through and that will set him up for tonight. Barney's had 2 easy wins but that's surprising because he hasn't really played well. I expect Barney to play a lot better tonight but Painter will play well too and we should be in for an absolute classic here. For me, Barney's mind is too filled up with Taylor. It seems like he's scared of him already. He doesn't do an interview without mentioning him and he doesn't look happy on stage for whatever reason. Painter beat Barney on this very stage in this round 2 years ago and he can do it again. Barney beat the Artist last month at the Grand Slam but that was one of the few times he's played well on TV recently. Painter's up for this and I think he'll take Barney out. Both these guys hit 180's. Painter hit 12 on his own in his last match while Barney shoved in a 9 dart finish in his last match. This 180 line looks way too low so I'm having a pretty solid bet on that.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 I've quite unexpectedly got into the darts over this festive period partly due to some of the great tipping on this thread. But really enjoyed it :) With Kev's write up on Painter I've decided to take him on +1.5 handicap at evens (bet365.) Here's hoping...:hope

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010

I've quite unexpectedly got into the darts over this festive period partly due to some of the great tipping on this thread. But really enjoyed it :)
Christmas is all about the arrers mate :ok. Cracking start from Hamilton here. 3 180's and the 1st set against the throw :hope

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 How frustrating was that night :wall:wall. Hamilton did me no favours. He should've won that match at a huge price but once it went 3-3 he was never winning. He hasn't got the bollocks to win tight matches, contrary to public opinion. For that game to go to sudden death and yield only 10 180's is almost unheard of. Saying that there must've been 20 occasions where 180's were scuppered by the last dart. Then onto the Painter match, I thought Barney was going to do a Fordham :eek. Anyone with half a braincell could see Barney was struggling but Painter played like a prat and threw it away. You can't get to a last 16 of a PDC major and lose to someone who isn't averaging 90 let alone lose 4-1 to him. Really frustrated because I think I called both matches right but it just never fell right. What could've been a big gain, even with just the match wins turned into a 14pt loss :eyes. 15.31pt loss if you include this afternoon where Whitlock missed 7 chances to bring the checkout bet in so I'm back to +8.03pts for the competition. I guess the consolation is on current form nothing is touching Whitlock in that bottom half and Webster is 1 win away from landing a 16/1 touch. I'm glad we've got tomorrow off though so I can go away and reassess a few things and restore faith before the QF's.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Barneveld was awful yet again only this time he looked like he was about to collapse.But could he be this years Kirk Shepherd and somehow manage to scrape into the final despite not averaging much above ninety.Somehow i cant see it and i for one will be laying into Baxter 13/8 at stan james with a hefty bet.Happy New Year.:cheers

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Can't believe I bottled backing Whitlock each way at the beginning of the tournament, really regretting it. Been so impressed with him, I think he's a genuine contender for Taylor. He's at 11s now to win, is there still value there? I'll definitely be backing him against Wade at 6/5, I think it will be close but think the Aussie will pull through.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Updated draw, outright and match odds from Ladbrokes: Phil Taylor/Adrian Lewis vs. Co Stompe/Mark Webster Raymond van Barneveld/Ronnie Baxter vs. James Wade/Simon Whitlock To win outright - Phil Taylor 2/5 Adrian Lewis 10/1 James Wade 10/1 Raymond Van Barneveld 11/1 Simon Whitlock 11/1 Ronnie Baxter 28/1 Co Stompe 40/1 Mark Webster 40/1 Friday 1st January 2010 (Schedule of play) 13:10 Co Stompe 5/6 vs. 5/6 Mark Webster 15:00 James Wade 4/6 vs. 11/10 Simon Whitlock 19:10 Raymond van Barneveld 1/2 vs. 6/4 Ronnie Baxter 21:00 Phil Taylor 1/7 vs. 4/1 Adrian Lewis

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Whilst a day of no darts feels has left me shaking needing my fix :eek, it's probably a good thing to give us some time to plan our bets for tomorrow. My first thoughts (they will change several times by tomorrow!) are: I'm going to back Whitlock because he has looked really solid all the way through, and Wade didn't look totally convincing last time out. I want to back Lewis against taylor (love taylor but would like to see someone else win it this year). I wouldn't have the nuts to back him outright for the win, however had the bookies given him a 3 set handicap lead I would have jumped on, but paddy power only giving him 2.5 set start, I can't quite visualise lewis winning 3 sets. I will probably back webster on a single against stompe, because I think webster will be quietly consistent, where stompe can go up and down in a short space of time. I already have barney to win his quarter at 11/8 (so just needs to beat baxter), so I have to carry on with that bet. Although didn't know whether to laugh or cry when barney did his impression of a buffalo that had just been hit by a tranquliser gun in the last round!:loon final thought: I have even considered the 15/8 (paddy power) about the field against taylor are we saying 15/8 isn't decent when we have 3 chances of taylor getting beat against 3 really good players? mmmmmmmm let's sleep on it:zzz

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 i'm in the kevshat corner,i really feel robbed Painter was a disgrace that was a chance to take barney espeially that handicap bet, he jsut had to win 2 sets for that to come in., he gives baxter those chances it's curtains, i'm stll there with Webster and Whitlock too and the late outright i took on Lewis, i;m going take the time out tonight to consider the next attack on stanjames! though word of advie about betting on 180s in taylor v lewis game, be aware taylor will swith to 19s often so is'nt that high a 180s scorer, anyway be back in 2010 may i take this opportunity to wish you all a happy new year and look forward to more darts debate with you all in 2010, i'm already looking ahead to PC in late Jan have a couple of dark horses for that but more on that in few weeks .

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 I was there yesterday and it was a great atmosphere, some tense games, especially Wade / Hamilton but the day just lacked a few more 180's and high shot outs, but I'd recommend going anyway! I'm betting on 3 of tomorrows 4 games, leaving Taylor / Lewis alone. 2pts Baxter to beat Barneveld - Stanjames - 13/8 Baxter has been playing very well in this tournament and has looked back to his best against Anderson and Lloyd, I think if Barney pushes him he has room to get better as well. Barney doesn't look 'fit'. He is overweight and has been sweating a lot under the lights, if this game goes close, as I expect it to, this will all count against him. 2pts Whitlock to beat Wade - Skybet - 5/4 Whitlock has been awesome to date. He has exceptional concentration and bottle. He can take the high shots and bang the 180's. He has beaten good opposition in Osbourne and Terry Jenkins quite convincingly IMO whereas Wade didn't look convinging against Hamilton. He is more than capable of turning it on but I just can't see a consistent improvement enough to beat the inform Whitlock. 2pts Webster to beat Stompe - Boylesports - 9/10 Webster has come through some tough battles thus far and I think this will be another. I think his consistency though will overcome Stompe's flashes of brilliance. I could well see Stompe winning a set or two 3-0 and Webster winning all his 3-2, but in Set play, thats all thats required. Webster's experience, having won a world title should enable him to win the crucial legs in the match. Have also gone: 1pt Webster/Whitlock Double - Bet365 @ 4.2 1pt Webster/ Baxter Double - Boylesports @ 4.75 1pt Baxter/Whitlock Double - Stanjames @ 5.775 1pt Baxter/Webster/Whitlock Treble - Boylesports @ 10.45 Any 2 of the 3 should provide a nice profit and all 3 will be the icing on the cake! Current thread profit = +20.645pts Good Luck all, I'll be following everyone else's advice on the Taylor game, I really can't decide!

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Hmmm. Eric Bristow is tipping Stompe, Whitlock, Baxter and Taylor to win over at Coral. Co Stompe vs. Mark Webster Two minds about Co Stompe... 1. He's overperforming and is due a slump OR 2, He's finally performing to what he's capable of. Those who've followed him on the BDO will know that he's generally flattered to deceive at the World Championships with his best result being the semi-finals (where he lost to Ronnie Baxter) back in 2000. Two back-to-back quarter-finals though since his switch to the PDC and well, I suppose you could argue he's a late bloomer. Also considering his three losses in the Grand Slam of Darts and this is very much a surprise. Mark Webster has been absolutely consistent and done the bare minimum in getting past Mark Walsh, Peter Manley and Kirk Shepherd which probably trumps Co's list of scalps in Steve Maish. Mervyn King and Mark Dudbridge. Three dart averages - Co Stompe: 87.37, 99.86 and 102.42 Mark Webster: 90.75, 89.52 and 97.41 50/50 in my eyes whether he can get past Mark Webster (if I had to bet on it, I'd say Co will win 5-3. If Co can keep this high level up then Mark's in for a hell of a game) so I'll foolishly look at the statistics in the hopes of an 'easy' payday. Who will get/what will be the highest checkout? - Co Stompe (three matches): 78, 100 and 132 Mark Webster (three matches): 130, 83 and 117 Interesting. Most bookies can't split them in this market. Co said he was pushed by Dudbridge and he got a 132 checkout? Hmmm. The over/under market goes as low as 128.5 (Paddy Power) and as high as 135.5 (Sportingbet). I'm going for the under 135.5 at 8/11 at sportingbet. They'll need to throw two trebles and a double to get higher than that (highest possible finish with just one treble is 135 (60, 25 and 50) unless they get fancy and go for one treble and two doubles) and I don't think either player will. Number of 180s/Who will get the most 180s? - Co Stompe: 1, 5 and 11 Mark Webster: 2, 0 and 4 Total number of 180s is 'dangerous' and depends how hot and cold both players are. The over/under is a general 13.5. Not betting on that Co 'overperformed' in his last match and who's to say he can replicate that and Webster will go for treble 19s for covershots....but will he do that again? Understandable that Co's the favourite though and a best-priced 4/6 (Boylesports/Coral) and Mark is available at 2/1 with the draw at 15/2. Seems an almost easy enough call and Co to get the most number of 180s at 4/6 at Boylesports is my bet. OT: Ach. Was kinda close with Steve getting ti back to 3-3 in the number of 180s but Beaton probably needed the break as he wilted against Hamilton as Andy threw five more 180s and won the match.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Wade v Whitlock - Whitlock @ 2.25 Skybet Wade came through a scare against Hamilton and isn't impressing me as much as Whitlock who is playing well at the minute, his darts flow impressively when he is in the zone. Wade if playing how we know he can is rightly favourite for this but on current form I fancy the Aussie to cause a mini upset, the value lies with him.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Taylor V Lewis The 2 in form players face off and from what I understand Lewis has never beaten Taylor in a TV event but there is a 1st time for everything. I was not too flattered with Taylor until last time out, he seemed to raise his game a bit and put in a decent average. Lewis has been brilliant so far but has been cruising through games, banging in 180's like they are going out of fashion but not really been under any pressure, totally different game tonight. He seems to be enjoying his darts and needs to be mentally strong tonight to ignore the crowd and just get on with his game. I don't envisage a whitewash and feel he can take a few sets and based on current stats he has to have a chance as long as he doesn't crumble mentally with the knowledge that Taylor has this hoodoo over him. It's more to do with his head tonight than his darts. We know Taylor can cope with pressure, if Lewis can too this will be a cracker. Suggested Bet: Lewis + 2.5 sets Bet 365 11/10 Wade V Whitlock James Wade is an interesting man, ranked 3 in the world, in the quarter finals of the 2010 championship, won the premier league and has a celebrity girlfriend but still lacks confidence. He was very close to being out of this tournament but Hamilton could not finish him off when having the opportunity to do so. He has commented on his lack of confidence in interviews, which seems strange for someone with clear ability. I think Whitlock will throw some big scores in this game and put Wade under pressure and his confidence will be tested. Whitlock has been great so far, he has better 100+ figures than players like Taylor, Barney and Lewis, better 140+ figures than all those named, has hit 19 x 180's and checked out 130. His accuracy at the doubles at the beginning of the tournament was great to see and I can see him getting past Wade in this game, who was not very convincing against Hamilton. Wade missed a few pressure shots the other night, misses like that today will cost him. Suggested Bet: Whitlock 5/4 Skybet Barney V Baxter I didn't know much about Ronnie Baxter before but have been very encouraged from seeing him so far in this tournament. He has decent 100+ and 140+ figures and a big 142 checkout. He has a better 3 dart average than Barney and the 9 darter aside Barney has looked like a shadow of the player he usually is. Many have commented on a diagnosis of diabetes and he was struggling last time out, sweating profusely and looking on the verge of collapse. I actually fancy Baxter to win because I feel he is playing better darts but surely the longer this game goes on it will favour Baxter as Barney relies on his energy tablets to pull him through. Baxter has seemed to revel in the atmosphere and taken everything in his stride so far, he was underdog for the Anderson game and destroyed him 4-0 and then beat Lloyd 4-1 in the next game. Barney beat Painter to get here but Painter was poor and both had a 3 dart average under 90. Barney's average when beating Dolan 4-0 was also under 90. I can see Baxter taking this and facing Whitlock next game. Suggested Bet: Baxter to win 6/4 Bet365

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 STOMPE ev v WEBSTER 4/5, the starter in todays sarting feast, Co has been stupifying in this tournament another 100+ avg against Dudbridge,foolowing on from his demolition of King,Co reached the last 8 last year beating Tabern and Mardle along the way,similar route to this years qtrs, before he went out to Taylor,. I've been impressed with Webby, coming over from the ametuer game, he has failed to make the dramatic impact we saw from king, Thornton and Anderson but he has proved he can compet with the best in the PDC, beating Walsh, Bates and Manley on his way here i fancy him to beat Co, i just think Mark is more consistent than Co and his 92 avg though below Co's 96, i still think Mark will have too mauch for the dutchman i'm not betting on set scores for qtrs over 9 sets im not quite so keen to bet set bet. WADE 4/6 v WHITLOCK 6/5, well Wade the man who hates the game and does'nt want to play the game , the Ronnie o' Sullivan of darts! sneaked past hamilton who bottled it badly,Wade has a hiabit of hitting a lot of low scores 45, 60 the likes during games and if you watch you will find he does it quite a lot, that is a weakness, Whitlock has been excellent from beating osborne who had a 95 avg, then taking care of Jones and Jenkins quite easliy he has coasted through the tournamnet so far, and those games will prepare him well for Wade, Simon is an excellent finisher and sets up finishes well too i really think he has too much for wade, and i look forward to seeing Simon join Webby in the semis and bringing home the bacon in my qtr betting.